Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:42:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions by gweedo; split from: Kick-off Discussion  (Read 2202 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:43:22 AM
Last edit: March 23, 2014, 07:56:19 PM by malevolent

Why an ad auction system cost $350K and needs access to the forum database?
Why is said ad auction system not built yet?
Why is their no transparency in in money exchanging hands?
Where is your portfolio of work?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:36:02 PM

Apparently some questions will never be answered it seems....  Huh
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:46:30 PM

Apparently some questions will never be answered it seems....  Huh

You know what it reminds me of, when you watching a mob movie and the people all bid. Then the foreman says Joey G is going to do it and Joey G isn't a builder or anything. The money just flows from one pocket to another pocket, this exactly what is happening.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:45:17 AM

The ad auction system is a required component of the new forum software. Implementing it also requires implementing other required components such as authentication, notifications, and BTC payment handling. I chose this mostly self-contained subsystem to be the first thing that Slickage works on because it can be used right away with the current forum software with only minor modifications, completing it will make progress toward the final goal, and it will give the community an opportunity to review a wide range of Slickage's code. To integrate with the existing software, some database access is needed. I have set things up so that Slickage has no access to password hashes or PMs.

The ad auction system is nearing completion. Most of it is on github already.

I have told you that I paid Slickage about $350,000. You can verify via the block chain that a substantial amount of BTC is still held in addresses under the control of myself and the other treasurers. But the block chain can't really show that the $350,000 was not sent to me instead of Slickage, or that I didn't send more than $350,000, or that the treasurers are not really me, etc. So I find it pointless to provide additional blockchain info and then have people complain about these unresolvable questions. (Especially when it is trivially easy to see that I actually did send at least the stated amounts at the stated times by looking at addresses I control.)

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:13:08 PM

I have told you that I paid Slickage about $350,000. You can verify via the block chain that a substantial amount of BTC is still held in addresses under the control of myself and the other treasurers. But the block chain can't really show that the $350,000 was not sent to me instead of Slickage, or that I didn't send more than $350,000, or that the treasurers are not really me, etc. So I find it pointless to provide additional blockchain info and then have people complain about these unresolvable questions. (Especially when it is trivially easy to see that I actually did send at least the stated amounts at the stated times by looking at addresses I control.)

You still really haven't given us a good reason why you won't show the transaction and sign a message with the address.  When you make a unilateral decision to put down a $350,000 down payment on an estimated $1,000,000 project you need to expect to be questioned.  There's no reason you can't show us where the money came from/went to.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:19:40 AM

Now wangbus are taking a page from theymos, just ignore the real questions. He even locked the thread. If there is nothing to hide why must we skirt every question?

Theymos is just a person that obviously can't manage a project like this and was referred to wangbus who also has no clue how big a project of this scale really is.

I like how theymos isn't a bitcoin foundation but right now he is acting just like Peter, so sad.
taesup

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:28:12 AM

He locked the thread because you were constantly derailing it. If you have questions, make your own thread and ask it there. I'll be more than happy to answer your questions there.

I am a Epochtalk (New Forum Software) Developer.
taesup

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:04:35 AM

Also for someone that could apparently "code an API in 2-4 days" and knows "node.js" you can't even bring up a simple Node.js project? Did you make sure all the dependencies were installed? Did you even bother to check? If you did, list them out. I'll tell you what you're missing. Because it runs fine for all of us here at Slickage. Hell, I'm hacking away on it right now.

And another thing, with all that whining about how there was no public Github repo, when the project has been public since the start, you aren't very good at looking through the Slickage Github profile.

Oh BTW, don't think I'm mad at you or anything. You've provided hours of laughter and enjoyment for everyone at the Slickage office. Actually you've become a sort of meme in our office. I actually look forward to your posts because I need a good laugh every now and then.

Lastly, to everyone else in the forum. It's really just gweedo that I'll be negative towards. He has shown time and time again that he's childish and is looking for a fight. I've been reluctant to engage with him in that manner but after another thread being locked because of him. I have no other choice but to follow him around on his threads and embarrass his apparently coding prowess. I will not post in any other forum or in any thread where my negative input would only help to derail that thread more. Just gweedos.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions any of you other guys have. As long as they aren't malicious in any way. There have been a few others who are here to just to spite us and I find it funny. I really couldn't care less. But if it gets to the point where you are negatively effecting the progress or a thread where we are trying to solicit genuine counsel from the rest of the forum. Well, I'm going to have to call you on your shit.

taesup

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:06:36 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2014, 09:56:26 AM by taesup

Hey gweedo,

why don't you post your github profile so I can download your projects and make fun of them too. It's only fair right?

=)

Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 08:45:06 AM

Also for someone that could apparently "code an API in 2-4 days" and knows "node.js" you can't even bring up a simple Node.js project? Did you make sure all the dependencies were installed? Did you even bother to check? If you did, list them out. I'll tell you what you're missing. Because it runs fine for all of us here at Slickage. Hell, I'm hacking away on it right now.

And another thing, with all that whining about how there was no public Github repo, when the project has been public since the start, you aren't very good at looking through the Slickage Github profile.

Oh BTW, don't think I'm mad at you or anything. You've provided hours of laughter and enjoyment for everyone at the Slickage office. Actually you've become a sort of meme in our office. I actually look forward to your posts because I need a good laugh every now and then.

Lastly, to everyone else in the forum. It's really just gweedo that I'll be negative towards. He has shown time and time again that he's childish and is looking for a fight. I've been reluctant to engage with him in that manner but after another thread being locked because of him. I have no other choice but to follow him around on his threads and embarrass his apparently coding prowess. I will not post in any other forum or in any thread where my negative input would only help to derail that thread more. Just gweedos.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions any of you other guys have. As long as they aren't malicious in any way. There have been a few others who are here to just to spite us and I find it funny. I really couldn't care less. But if it gets to the point where you are negatively effecting the progress or a thread where we are trying to solicit genuine counsel from the rest of the forum. Well, I'm going to have to call you on your shit.

I'm assuming you are referencing to this: https://github.com/slickage/adness

Regardless of the moral of the story. You are an employee of Slickage, who is technically working for BitcoinTalk. When responding on a professional environment and basis in regards to a public client's request (not gweedo, but the communities in general), i'd expect a little bit more maturity. I understand the situation can be sour in some sense, but dropping to the level of commenting on ones job status is seeming to be a bit beyond unprofessional.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
taesup

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:42:58 AM

I understand your criticism and I would generally agree. Which is why I won't respond to gweedo in any of the other threads. But if you look at his post history with regards to our work, he hardly, if ever offers, anything other than inflammatory comments, general disregard for the purpose of the topic, or personal ad hominem attacks. All of which do not contribute to the parent thread.

His initial questions did have some merit. We tried to answer them to best of our availability. He was not satisfied with our answers. That is understandable. There was nothing more we could do. But since then, he has gone on to attacking both the company (Slickage) and it's developers, theymos, and other forum users even after finally answering his questions.

In most cases, I would generally ignore these comments. But he has incited others to start flame wars that have either derailed complete threads or caused such ruckus that those threads generally lose their purpose. It's obvious that his goals are to do so. And left unchecked, this could become a larger issue for us as a forum to figure out the requirements of the next forum software.

I have already asked him to ask me questions over PM so that the threads we were in did not derail with the explicit promise that those PM would be made public to all forum users. He has not done so. He continues to attack developers even after we've answered his questions with remarks about how we are either incompetent, slow, or otherwise.

My previous posts were childish. But it was not a gut reaction. It was a conscience decision to make him understand that basically his behavior would not be tolerated in the other threads. His posts will be ignored from now on. And that unless he starts to act like an adult, he will be treated as a child.

So although I did stoop to his level, and I wholeheartedly apology to the rest of the forum users for that action, letting him go on derailing other threads is too large of an issue to not make a stand.

Again, if I have offended you in any way Initscri. I apologize.
Am I making any excuses for it? No. The way I acted is plain as day.
What I will do is explain why I did it. Although, you can check my post history and see that my manner in dealing with the rest of the individuals on this forum is nothing short of respectful and kind. But I firmly believe that some people are on this forum for nothing more than their own individual entertainment. And in those case, we must not feed the trolls. This is my personal way of saying that for those individuals, I will not comment on their questions anymore unless they start acting like adults. If they act like anything less, they may very well be treated as such, but not to the detriment of other forum users. Although at this point, I'll probably just ignore their questions.

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:56:15 PM

I am glad you having a good laugh, because unlike other forums this is a serious forum. Most of make a living from this forum and some of have even made millions over and over and over again and again and again. So while you laugh at me which I don't care and I have nothing to prove anyway which is unlike you guys which you have to prove that you guys can handle this project. I would suggest instead of writing 3 post which again just skirt the questions, I will leave the questions here as well, how about you answer them.

1) We want transparency, we need to see the sign addresses of both theymos and wangbus to show the $350K being exchange?

2) Why is this costing a million dollars when most companies can do this for less and probably faster?

3) What have you done on the forum software so far? And is there a new timeline?
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:57:55 PM

Also because I can leave multiple post as well, like a 12 year bipolar girl... taesup stop being a shill for wangbus, he needs to answer these questions not some person that is getting a nice payday from him so you will defend him.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 07:02:40 PM

I understand your criticism and I would generally agree. Which is why I won't respond to gweedo in any of the other threads. But if you look at his post history with regards to our work, he hardly, if ever offers, anything other than inflammatory comments, general disregard for the purpose of the topic, or personal ad hominem attacks. All of which do not contribute to the parent thread.

His initial questions did have some merit. We tried to answer them to best of our availability. He was not satisfied with our answers. That is understandable. There was nothing more we could do. But since then, he has gone on to attacking both the company (Slickage) and it's developers, theymos, and other forum users even after finally answering his questions.

In most cases, I would generally ignore these comments. But he has incited others to start flame wars that have either derailed complete threads or caused such ruckus that those threads generally lose their purpose. It's obvious that his goals are to do so. And left unchecked, this could become a larger issue for us as a forum to figure out the requirements of the next forum software.

I have already asked him to ask me questions over PM so that the threads we were in did not derail with the explicit promise that those PM would be made public to all forum users. He has not done so. He continues to attack developers even after we've answered his questions with remarks about how we are either incompetent, slow, or otherwise.

My previous posts were childish. But it was not a gut reaction. It was a conscience decision to make him understand that basically his behavior would not be tolerated in the other threads. His posts will be ignored from now on. And that unless he starts to act like an adult, he will be treated as a child.

So although I did stoop to his level, and I wholeheartedly apology to the rest of the forum users for that action, letting him go on derailing other threads is too large of an issue to not make a stand.

Again, if I have offended you in any way Initscri. I apologize.
Am I making any excuses for it? No. The way I acted is plain as day.
What I will do is explain why I did it. Although, you can check my post history and see that my manner in dealing with the rest of the individuals on this forum is nothing short of respectful and kind. But I firmly believe that some people are on this forum for nothing more than their own individual entertainment. And in those case, we must not feed the trolls. This is my personal way of saying that for those individuals, I will not comment on their questions anymore unless they start acting like adults. If they act like anything less, they may very well be treated as such, but not to the detriment of other forum users. Although at this point, I'll probably just ignore their questions.

While I may not agree completely, I assure you I am by any means not offended. I do appreciate your honesty.

I more or less sit behind the belief that any company should show a level of respect to any public person regardless of past situations or interferences. As such I have that natural mindset.

Then again, I understand this is a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't situation. So with such, I'll apologize. I agree with the isolation of responses (Only responding to him within this thread in order to not make other threads sour). My post was not intended to offend you either, just a simple response. I am trying to be unbiased on any level.

I do wish you guys luck within the development of the new forum software. As a member of this forum, I hope to the fullest extent that it works out well.

If you do happen to release the source code on full, I'll enjoy looking through it. Smiley

Web Developer. PM for details.
tysat
Legendary

Keep it real

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 08:01:00 PM

Two of his questions should really be answered:

Why do you guys need to get access to the forums database?

Please show us the transactions where the $350,000 was sent.  If you're not going to show it, you should give a reason as to why not.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

Don't do it. Inaba started down that path, and it very quickly spiraled. I highly recommend just sticking to the facts and avoiding the ad-hominems.

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:02:49 PM

Don't do it. Inaba started down that path, and it very quickly spiraled. I highly recommend just sticking to the facts and avoiding the ad-hominems.

No let him, then we can show theymos that they don't have time to work on the forum instead using that time troll other members that just want answers.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 10:30:26 PM

1) We want transparency, we need to see the sign addresses of both theymos and wangbus to show the $350K being exchange?

Please show us the transactions where the $350,000 was sent.  If you're not going to show it, you should give a reason as to why not.
Give me one reason why this matters. Theymos has claimed to send the $350k, and wangbus has acknowledged the receipt of these funds. Therefore, it is not possible that theymos paid less than he claims, because Slickage would have immediately denied that. It is possible that theymos is in cahoots with Slickage and is getting a kickback, but that will not be made apparent by both sides signing the transaction. It is also possible that theymos paid more than $350k, but unless that was included in the same bitcoin transaction, that also wouldn't be made apparent by signing the transaction. Given that theymos made blockexplorer.com, it is VERY safe to say that if he purposely overpaid, he wouldn't have done it in the same transaction.

So, what more does Slickage really need to do here? They agree that they were paid, so I don't really see the argument that they need to be involved any further. Theymos, on the other hand...

Since you don't know the transction(s) where this payment was made, it is clear that theymos needs to be more transparent. Complain to him. Hell, sue him, because there is no evidence that he isn't misappropriating the forum's funds. But again, this has nothing to do with Slickage.

2) Why is this costing a million dollars when most companies can do this for less and probably faster?
This is a question only for theymos. Slickage has already explained why they believe their service is worth a million dollars, but ultimately they weren't the ones who agreed that the valuation was sound and purchased the service. This is like asking a convenience store why the snacks that your friend purchased from them could be purchased for less at the Wal-mart a block away.

3) What have you done on the forum software so far? And is there a new timeline?
This is your only legitimate question for Slickage out of the batch that is legitimate. However, they have recently said that they haven't started it yet because they've been working on the ad system, so it's ridiculous to ask this again. You're like a kid asking "are we there yet?" in the backseat. They will surely update us when they have more information.

Why do you guys need to get access to the forums database?
Even I can answer this one. It's far easier and better to test with live data when you're dealing with a large dataset. Theymos blanked out the private fields, so this is not really much different from the post dump that he publicly released a couple years ago, and nobody complained about that.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 12:54:59 AM

Do you even think how much stupid you sound when you provide such poor excuses?
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:03:25 AM

Here we go, ladies and gentleman. Look above, look at the arrogant tone of someone which never participated of this forum before us. He speaks like he already knows our old participant gweedo and feel already entitled to call him "childish".

...and they believe to be professionals!

Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: