Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum fees are crazy...  (Read 1164 times)
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 06:45:06 PM

The crazy cost of transactions is causing many to ditch the ETH blockchain. If we do not see any changes in the ETH network in the near future, then we risk saying goodbye and looking for an alternative blockchain.
This is nothing new, in 2017 many projects that were thought to come out on the ethereum network decided to switch to other blockchains or create their own one when the price of the fees became very high, this is a classic case of the supply and demand in action, if the supply of something is scarce and as such its value becomes very high people are going to look for alternatives, and once this happens it will slow the growth we have seen in ethereum during the last months making it impossible for it to reach its ATH as many people were expecting.
sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 10:58:58 PM

I don't think so, because the higher the hashrate, it also indicates the increasing activity on the Ethereum network, so to lower fees I don't think it will happen any time soon. We are aware of the growth that occurs due to DeFi and this will greatly encourage an increase in the price of Ethereum, so that the higher the price and the activity that continues to increase, at least it will make fees also increase.

Hype around DEFI projects reached a maximum, but the price of Ethereum could not overcome the important mark of $ 500 per coin. Perhaps the price of Ether does not depend so much on defi projects? I think this is more of a speculative question.

Cryptoababe

Activity: 813
Merit: 19

Do it For Better Humanity (Bitget trader)

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 11:42:22 PM

Sorry if this not the proper place to post this and sorry if i feel little mad about it, but ALMOST all wallets ask for crazy ETH fees that are hard to cover, any hope that in  a near future can be lowered?...

I think the fees will be lowered with time, I read a news on cointelegraph that develpoers are working on these high fees and I know its not a lie.
So we should be expecting lowrer fees with time.

Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 05:21:01 AM

Yes, you are right. The increase in gas costs did not just happen. The DeFi industry boom factor has driven high levels of congestion as well as increased scalability issues and its impact was felt together amid the DeFi hype following the launch of the Uniswap UNI token and surprisingly this is not a big deterrent to stopping users from transacting.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 10:57:15 AM

Sorry if this not the proper place to post this and sorry if i feel little mad about it, but ALMOST all wallets ask for crazy ETH fees that are hard to cover, any hope that in  a near future can be lowered?...

Yes it can be lowered again someday but no body can answer when, its always depend on the situation . as long as ETH is still congested  the fee asked is always higher it also depend on the upcoming ETH 2.0 if there are plan to upgrade the system so it will have lower cost and fast transaction.

This is not new it happen already way back 2017 when there is hype with a game called crypto kitty we are also experiencing  the same problem in transaction .
ETH 2.0 is also unable to solve the problem as people use ETH more and more in the future.
ETH confirms transactions in the form of cost auctions, those who send more costs get confirmed first, and those who send less are confirmed later. Priority is given to the rich. It is necessary to change this form of confirmation, not to auction but to comply with the standard time, whoever sends first is confirmed first. Only then will the Ethereum network get better, the costs fixed and the congestion stops.
Gumbo88

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 11:00:18 AM

because of Defi trend, so they use Eth to swap Defi coin, that is reason why transfer fee too high at this moment.
btc78

Activity: 2548
Merit: 216

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 11:45:13 AM

because of Defi trend, so they use Eth to swap Defi coin, that is reason why transfer fee too high at this moment.

But the season will change because Defi will not stay long growing,Those many pumping coins are now starting to slow down and some lost more than 505 from the Hype early this month.
Yes, you are right. The increase in gas costs did not just happen. The DeFi industry boom factor has driven high levels of congestion as well as increased scalability issues and its impact was felt together amid the DeFi hype following the launch of the Uniswap UNI token and surprisingly this is not a big deterrent to stopping users from transacting.
the Gas are low now,and will continue to fell since the Defi trend is fading,it wont take another month before going back or even worst on their
 value before the Defi pump.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2020, 01:07:04 PM

ETH 2.0 is also unable to solve the problem as people use ETH more and more in the future.
ETH confirms transactions in the form of cost auctions, those who send more costs get confirmed first, and those who send less are confirmed later. Priority is given to the rich. It is necessary to change this form of confirmation, not to auction but to comply with the standard time, whoever sends first is confirmed first. Only then will the Ethereum network get better, the costs fixed and the congestion stops.

ETH 2.0 is not a magic bullet which can solve all the issues associated with Ethereum transactions and blockchain. And Ethereum is not the only cryptocurrency which have been facing scaling issues. For Bitcoin, this issue has persisted for many years (and even now, a permanent solution is not available). Let nature take its way. If Ethereum is unable to cope with high volumes, then it will be replaced with another cryptocurrency, which is more efficient in dealing with this issue. 
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 01:37:21 PM

But this did not take long,now the fees are starting to lowering and we are looking for the end of this defi season .
if the congestion was not there then fees will not increase this high.

but we are not expecting this for long time,actually in Bitcoin  this happens every time but we are use to it,so maybe this is the time that
 we will do the same in Ethereum.
sallasvve

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 07:42:05 PM

Problems with the scalability of Ethereum have been brewing for a long time, but only recently has the problem with the cost of gas become so acute. This prevents the defi market segment from developing and improving.

AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 04:10:05 AM

It is not crazy anymore. Now the ethereum gas fee is below 100 gwei, which is still acceptable for me.
The gas fee was around 800++ gwei at the highest if i remember, that was crazy indeed.
When the others using high gas fee to obtain quick transactions, we must use high fee as well.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
South Park

Activity: 2940
Merit: 799

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 09:21:57 PM

It is not crazy anymore. Now the ethereum gas fee is below 100 gwei, which is still acceptable for me.
The gas fee was around 800++ gwei at the highest if i remember, that was crazy indeed.
When the others using high gas fee to obtain quick transactions, we must use high fee as well.
The only other option for those that are not willing to pay for the fees is to wait until they can get their confirmations for a cheaper price but this can be a problem when the network is congested and many times it takes weeks for things to go back to normal, however if you are an investor waiting for weeks is not really an option when waiting for some minutes can be the difference between making profits and losing money, so at that point the only available option is to pay for the fees regardless of the price but this is not a viable strategy for those that are investing very low amounts of money in very small projects as it will cost them more money to pay the fees than the profits they will get from exchanging their coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: