Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 04:55:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sales of wedding rings are increasing  (Read 730 times)
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 10:57:04 AM

- Both supply and demand for diamond engagement rings has been on the rise during the pandemic, according to resale companies like luxury consignment site The RealReal.
- Experts say this is because the close-quarters of quarantining has prompted some married couples to call it quits, while pushing others to deepen their commitment.
- According to an analysis conducted by Legal Templates — a company that allows users to create and track legal documents — the number of couples seeking divorce between March to June increased by 34% from the same period in 2019.
- "Quarantine has meant make-or-break for many relationships," said Trish Stevens, The RealReal's director of fine watches and jewelry. "While we're seeing an influx of people purchasing engagement rings, we're also seeing more people consign them."

source: https://www.businessinsider.com/the-luxury-jewelry-resale-market-is-booming-during-the-pandemic-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

drastic changes (economy, health & psychology) occur in almost all countries because of this "PANDEMIC", and of course those who are unable to deal with it will think short.  for those who are married you must believe that this difficulty will end and the economy will recover, don't because of your emotions for a moment you have to divorce and forget about the people who have fought with you and you really love..

My wife and I continue to communicate and we trust each other that this will end, I hope all my friends here are not divorced from their partners during this "PANDEMIC" period. 🍻

From the quote you have, I think that I'm seeing different on it . If pandemic has made divorce high it means more people too are getting married which is the reason that sales are increasing. These people that are getting married are likely to be young people experiencing first marriage. People that are experiencing first marriage are those that can be very willing to rush into a ring shop for purchase.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 03:59:50 AM

In my country the situation is different. We've got more number of new mothers,many have got pregnant during the lockdown. News source state that there is more than seven million unwanted pregnancy during the lockdown. By the same time more couples who have been without baby for long years too have got pregnant, as they were able to take proper diet and have physical contact. This way I find this to be good in the lockdown than the increased ring sales.

Source : Times of India

Our country has the same situation. There's a huge increase in unwanted and early pregnancies this pandemic. This pandemic has a huge impact in most relationship these days. Some couples had enough time for realizations especially during the quarantine which lead them to a decision making such us getting married to settle down and I think that's the reason why the sales of wedding rings have increased. I wish most relationships would end that way.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 04:14:13 AM

In my country the situation is different. We've got more number of new mothers,many have got pregnant during the lockdown. News source state that there is more than seven million unwanted pregnancy during the lockdown. By the same time more couples who have been without baby for long years too have got pregnant, as they were able to take proper diet and have physical contact. This way I find this to be good in the lockdown than the increased ring sales.

Our country has the same situation. There's a huge increase in unwanted and early pregnancies this pandemic. This pandemic has a huge impact in most relationship these days. Some couples had enough time for realizations especially during the quarantine which lead them to a decision making such us getting married to settle down and I think that's the reason why the sales of wedding rings have increased. I wish most relationships would end that way.
Someway the pandemic has done good to the human beings, realising the value of relationship. During the pandemic people suffered big on financial problems, but they learned the value of sacrificing and making life more healthy and enjoyable. Living with what is available is better than living with a lavish lifestyle. This truth is being endorsed by most of the couples after pandemic.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 02:47:38 PM

During the pandemic, the bonding has got tighter than in the past. Same time couples could've known better about each other because the majority of the time will be spent on the office and other things. Now things are opposite, full time both were together, so one will get to know about the real face (character) of each other. There are few divorces, but in my view, couples have learned to share their responsibility and daily routine.
I agree with you, in this stint people can comprehend the worth of their vitality and deeply understood the guarantee of life. They can realize their soul ample than before. So several unmarried get rulings to formulate their life meaningful by fetching partners. That's why sales of wedding rings are increasing. It is a good viewpoint of well being of society.

riso2015

Activity: 1246
Merit: 254

Trphy.io

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 12:41:47 PM

The number of people who are getting married must increase ring sales, in my country wedding rings have become a tradition, if there is no wedding ring then the wedding will not happen, the custom in my country is that many people sell it. all their jewelry after they were married for 2 years, because many people do not have good finances, and do not want to invest.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127

View Profile
April 04, 2022, 08:31:52 PM

The number of people who are getting married must increase ring sales, in my country wedding rings have become a tradition, if there is no wedding ring then the wedding will not happen, the custom in my country is that many people sell it. all their jewelry after they were married for 2 years, because many people do not have good finances, and do not want to invest.
Here's some good read about these things which it had been assumed already wayback.
https://plumbclub.com/trend/weddings-ring-in-more-sales-in-2022/

Lots or several factors which do really make this demand even more higher compared on last or past years.
So increasing of prices plus having also into its demand its not actually surprising.

xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 02:07:37 PM

Well, jewelry is also an investment because it can be sold in the future if you really need money, but the ring represents love and commitment, so that is extremely important. However, since the pandemic hit, I saw that many of my friends and colleagues have also decided to get married, and I can't imagine that they are not struggling because they are still to get into a wedding. In spite of the fact that many people were struggling when the pandemic struck, many people still decided to get married despite the events taking place in their surroundings. I really want to get married, but I don't have the financial means to do so because weddings are expensive.
24Kt

Activity: 1092
Merit: 67

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 10:38:55 PM

Well, jewelry is also an investment because it can be sold in the future if you really need money, but the ring represents love and commitment, so that is extremely important. However, since the pandemic hit, I saw that many of my friends and colleagues have also decided to get married, and I can't imagine that they are not struggling because they are still to get into a wedding. In spite of the fact that many people were struggling when the pandemic struck, many people still decided to get married despite the events taking place in their surroundings. I really want to get married, but I don't have the financial means to do so because weddings are expensive.

It depends on the financial capability of the couple. If you don't have the funds, why not get married in simple ceremony where you and your immediate family are only present? You don't need a big wedding where you will invite all your friends or colleagues to please them. The important thing is if you do really love your partner, you can get married simple and live happy. You should not be pressured about your colleagues because at the end of the day, it is your relationship with your partner that matters.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2022, 11:53:14 PM

At the time of crisis where pandemic hit and global crisis due to oil price increase no doubt that many couple will sell their rings just to cope up their immediate needs and I don't find any wrong with it since its doing the right thing. We can get that back once we surpass this challenges and for sure once everyone is out and get their jobs again those numbers will decline.

This time is best to get married because you will not be force to invite many people since they understand the current situation. So for that you can only spend less amount of money for food and reception, also you don't need to be fancy just to get married and you can select simple wedding if you really want to get marry your girl.

kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 05, 2022, 11:56:38 PM

I am more of the opinion that precious gem re-sell value is worse than anything including diamonds. So I dont like buying it for future selling but rather only as a gift even then a very small one if I do. Now I understand the sentiment behind the "matrimony" and all, but honestly I would rather gift Gold over Gems.

In this context, let me remind you all that few more sectors have had massive sales which include the birth control methods - people are at home having nothing to do, sets eyes on their wife and boom Grin

You cant deny the fact that a lot of baby showers are happening in the next few months in several countries of the world. Added to it the low-cost wedding ceremonies due to the pandemic are an impetus to the lower economic strata to get married.  Wink

We've done it(selling her gold rings etc) once and the feelings at that moment hurts. We couldn't do anything, it was the time when my wife gave birth and we need to pay the bills. The look on my wife's eyes got through me. The moment I've got up and earned decent amounts of money I bought my wife a nice golden ring, but without gems on it. I am working really hard again to afford a new ring with one one on it. Really sucks when hard times hit you and you go for your valuable things. Just gotta be ready when calamities hits us, but if your wife loves you, it doesn't matter what she wears, the important thing is you care for each other, better or worst the situation is.
Maestro75

Activity: 1918
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2022, 10:01:23 AM

The quarantine reduced the number of wedding celebrations because large numbers of people were forbidden to be in the same room. Consequently, ring prices went up

How will ring price go up when there is reduced number of wedding celebrations according to what you said? This is not clear because the price should be down and not up.

We've done it(selling her gold rings etc) once and the feelings at that moment hurts.

That must hurt badly having to sell your wife's rings to be able to provide food. Hardship can mess a man up and humble him in disgrace. A and woman will leave when the man is down financially, and alot of women do that. You are lucky she still stayed back. I hate to sell my stuff. But when you are pushed to it there is nothing you can do but do it. Hard times are not times anyone will wish for.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 05:45:10 AM

The generations now have changed. Before, people get married very late but now many younger people do already have their own family and they decided to get married as soon as possible. That must be the reason why the increase on ring sales have gone through the roof. Not only in your country but I think every country in the world do also uses a wedding ring from their weddings.

This ring act as a symbol that two people have joined together as one, forever, no matter what happens, in sickness and in health. Wedding ring should not be sold for any amounts because it is too sacred. There must be some things that they can do in terms of finances but sometimes people are lazy and underestimate things too quickly. All they want is easy money.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Xampeuu

Activity: 1400
Merit: 115

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 01:48:32 PM

Don't consider the family's economic difficulties as an obstacle and finally decide to divorce, I think that's the art of our life and marriage. indeed money is not everything, but many things have to be solved with money. therefore communicate and fight together for a common future, until when we reach our goal, then we will feel the happiness of life, even though the test will not run out and be finished after we have a lot of money, of course there will be other tests. Therefore, in this case, it cannot be separated from the way we respond to problems, not running away from the problems of married life

Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 02:12:03 PM

- Both supply and demand for diamond engagement rings has been on the rise during the pandemic, according to resale companies like luxury consignment site The RealReal.
- Experts say this is because the close-quarters of quarantining has prompted some married couples to call it quits, while pushing others to deepen their commitment.
- According to an analysis conducted by Legal Templates — a company that allows users to create and track legal documents — the number of couples seeking divorce between March to June increased by 34% from the same period in 2019.
- "Quarantine has meant make-or-break for many relationships," said Trish Stevens, The RealReal's director of fine watches and jewelry. "While we're seeing an influx of people purchasing engagement rings, we're also seeing more people consign them."

source: https://www.businessinsider.com/the-luxury-jewelry-resale-market-is-booming-during-the-pandemic-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

drastic changes (economy, health & psychology) occur in almost all countries because of this "PANDEMIC", and of course those who are unable to deal with it will think short.  for those who are married you must believe that this difficulty will end and the economy will recover, don't because of your emotions for a moment you have to divorce and forget about the people who have fought with you and you really love..

My wife and I continue to communicate and we trust each other that this will end, I hope all my friends here are not divorced from their partners during this "PANDEMIC" period. 🍻

This pandemic should actually motivate couples to be well determined in building up a good relationship foundation. I agree that this pandemic has been really challenging but also helping us realize the importance of valuing our loved ones. I got married during this pandemic and decided to have a child because I realized that life is too short to miss the chance of enjoying a life of having a wonderful family. The economic situation might challenge the strength of every family but we should know how to deal with it because the world ain't getting any better.
retreat

Activity: 994
Merit: 371

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2022, 02:18:07 PM

Don't consider the family's economic difficulties as an obstacle and finally decide to divorce, I think that's the art of our life and marriage. indeed money is not everything, but many things have to be solved with money. therefore communicate and fight together for a common future, until when we reach our goal, then we will feel the happiness of life, even though the test will not run out and be finished after we have a lot of money, of course there will be other tests. Therefore, in this case, it cannot be separated from the way we respond to problems, not running away from the problems of married life
Marriage is the union of 2 different people, difficulties, joy, jokes, tears in the face together. everyone who wants to continue his/her life into marriage must be prepared to face such a life. So that's why I underestimate those who divorce just because of economic problems.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
CaptainCrapper

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2022, 03:51:14 PM

If that problem occurs in your country, I would instead see the phenomenon of increasing pregnant women and many marriages that are only done at home or at church with the closest family due to the pandemic and reduced wedding costs.  But it is undeniable that divorce also occurs but the phenomenon of selling wedding rings is not significantly visible.
yes I see lots of crisis moments in the pandemic period I think lots of families break the relation the pandamic situation.I see practical the moment.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 09, 2022, 09:14:44 AM

Marriage is the union of 2 different people, difficulties, joy, jokes, tears in the face together. everyone who wants to continue his/her life into marriage must be prepared to face such a life. So that's why I underestimate those who divorce just because of economic problems.
Marriage is holy in my nation, even though we have a lot more marriages between people who are under 40 years old, we have a lot less for people who are over 40, which means that anyone who stays married until they are 40, usually ends up being married until they die.

So, this proves that divorces, either about economy or anything else, is usually between people who have been married for not far too long, it is usually between people who have been married recently but wouldn't be that much of a problem in the long run if they can survive. Me and my wife have been through some bad stuff, and I mean like seriously bad and still going through it, and we never even considered divorce as an option, let alone actually doing it.
Marykeller

Activity: 1064
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2022, 12:24:07 PM

During the pandemic period, there were a lot of marriages that separated due to infidelity. And there were a few low key marriages that took place during that period.
The institution called marriage failed badly during that period. People were getting pregnant in an unnecessary manner without laying a proper foundation, which ended them up selling off their valuable properties just to make ends meet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
zaesvlas

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 11, 2022, 01:45:07 PM

Although, I was sure that the concept of marriage had completely exhausted itself. There have been quite a few examples lately that have really discredited this notion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: