Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 03:27:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners, what's a good rate for electricity these days?  (Read 322 times)
snip3r29a

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 03:39:06 PM

Austria 0.12€/kWh if you are lucky and live near hydro plant. Usual price 0.16 for "night" energy and 0.18€ for day.

Swiss 0.18CHF/kWh night (19:00-7:00) and 0.25CHF/kWh for day energy

Czech Republic around 0.19€/kWh

Mining in Europa is dead unless you have acces to "free" energy
wndsnb

Activity: 544
Merit: 589

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 05:38:57 PM

Some of those EKM meters can be monitored remotely, so you could split up the farm into bays that could support say 12 miners each and 45KW of 3 phase power with one meter per bay. That way you can have a price for the space and charge for actual power used separately for a customer that can fill a full bay. Customers could be able to see power usage in real-time.

https://www.ekmmetering.com/collections/smart-meters/products/ekm-omnimeter-i-v3

Also, it isn't very difficult to set up an OpenVPN server. OpenVPN access server requires a license for more than 2 simultaneous connections, but it installs pretty easy and has a web gui for setting everything up. Including creating new accounts and limiting access to listed IP addresses or subnets by account.

https://openvpn.net/vpn-server-resources/how-to-configure-the-openvpn-access-server/

For miners that can't fill a full bay, you could charge a flat rate without VPN access if you wanted. If it were me, I'd not want to deal with the smaller customers though. Too much work...

Have some dead Bitmain 17 series hashboards or full miners?
I'll buy them ... send me a PM with what you have and I'll make you an offer!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: