Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was 2017 the "Golden Year of Crypto"?  (Read 35765 times)
Btra
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

MYID

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 05:12:18 PM

Really, it was a great time for the crypto in 2017 because no one ever believed that the digital currency market would have made the investors millionaire only by investing a few pennies. Everybody now expecting that the golden year will come again. Maybe it comes but the boom for every crypto can't be possible. So, buy or invest only  for the chosen crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 03:25:15 PM

Some says that 2017 is the Golden year of crypto. Well i guess it could be true since cryptocurrency was productive that year because of the rising price of bitcoin on December of 2017. It is written as history that cryptocurrency was popularized around the world. Thanks to that year's bullish market that Bitcoin was also popularized. Maybe some other coins would be famous in the future cryptocurrency market just as Bitcoin was.
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 03:32:56 PM

2017 was a golden year because Bitcoin manages to hit 19000$ per coin and this makes almost all altcoins double or even triple in price, if such happens this year 2020 will be a golden year too right? Crypto space and all projects in this space relies only on bitcoin for biggest surge, anything is still possible, remember that every year crypto keeps getting better, everyone wants to make money so they keep finding their ways to crypto space, the possibility that Bitcoin will hit 20k is very high TBH.
bastian466

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 03:40:49 PM

In my opinion, the golden year crypto is a year where there are no bad events like new or old big or small exchange hacks and no injured investors means there are no fake projects, that must be what many people want and it hasn't happened in the years that  has been passed

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
cute nmp

Activity: 1652
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 04:08:04 PM

To me definitely it was .It was the best year of crytocurrency I made so much from bounties and airdrops at that time especially if I put on signature campaign and the best thing at that time is that there are not to much scams unlike now that so many of the project are scams.Most of the project at that time are solid project with a real team.

▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀          SUGARS.ZONE     ❤[nbs
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 10:43:58 PM

To me definitely it was .It was the best year of crytocurrency I made so much from bounties and airdrops at that time especially if I put on signature campaign and the best thing at that time is that there are not to much scams unlike now that so many of the project are scams.Most of the project at that time are solid project with a real team.
The scams on that golden year started to turn out coming latter in 2018 after the alts market goes into an all-time high. A lot of them came out and that quickly turned the market into a bearish market.

Warnings were given by popular personalities and many haven't listened to that call as it's a sign of an upcoming long bear for the market. We have defi, and the same comes in, still a lot of scams.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
Fakhrulenclix

Activity: 1638
Merit: 330

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 10:55:28 PM

If you say there are not too many scams, I think that not proper, Even in 2017 also so many scams but we are in the best years in the crypto world so even scams also shitcoins can bring to us profits because take advantage of the situation. Try to see your wallet now and you will know many projects becomes scam and cant to survive

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tanjiran

Activity: 770
Merit: 113

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 11:23:56 PM

I think it depends on the point of view of each. What is clear, 2017 is indeed one of the best times for ICOs and many other projects, starting in 2016. Even grey projects can provide benefits, this is because the market is in a very good state and investors are really active in this. However, if we look at bitcoin price movements, if I'm not mistaken since 2011 there has been a pretty fantastic increase.

TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 11:28:51 PM

Some says that 2017 is the Golden year of crypto. Well i guess it could be true since cryptocurrency was productive that year because of the rising price of bitcoin on December of 2017. It is written as history that cryptocurrency was popularized around the world. Thanks to that year's bullish market that Bitcoin was also popularized. Maybe some other coins would be famous in the future cryptocurrency market just as Bitcoin was.

But the best has yet to come. Maybe it is referred to as "golden year of crypto" because of the btc price.
But if we are considering the adoption, I think it will be different.
I will be more on the usage of crypto in the market. The more merchants or shops accepting crypto, the better for btc market.

I think it depends on the point of view of each. What is clear, 2017 is indeed one of the best times for ICOs and many other projects, starting in 2016. Even grey projects can provide benefits, this is because the market is in a very good state and investors are really active in this. However, if we look at bitcoin price movements, if I'm not mistaken since 2011 there has been a pretty fantastic increase.

The best times for ICOs, and ended up bad as a lot of users were screwed.
Now, I assume a lot of investors are now smarter when it comes to crypto investment.

Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 11:32:43 PM

I remembered when I started to join in cryptocurrency industry. It was on year 2017 where the hype was strong. It was the greatest bull run ever since it last long up to 3 months starting from September till the end of the year. I managed to get some piece of BTC before in working with airdrops until I trade them in exchanges. All I can say that 2017 is the golden year of crypto but I am predicting that there will still be more in future. If all the countries have adopted the crypto as digital payment. We can see a daylight in this market again.
oscarftw

Activity: 573
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 11:33:41 PM

If you say there are not too many scams, I think that not proper, Even in 2017 also so many scams but we are in the best years in the crypto world so even scams also shitcoins can bring to us profits because take advantage of the situation. Try to see your wallet now and you will know many projects becomes scam and cant to survive
Golden year of cryptocurrency means the biggest hit time of crypto. Any projects can make easy money this time, we didn't see the scam face of these projects. Now new projects are more legit if you compare this situation. So many projects are doing great and proper updates in this crypto. Earth is circulating. Everything will repeat even Golden time.
nurilham

Activity: 1428
Merit: 436

duelbits.com

View Profile
October 11, 2020, 11:38:49 PM

2017 was the most beautiful time in the crypto world. a lot of people who get rich suddenly. I really want it to happen again this year or next year.

can earn money easily.
many successful projects.

for the current time, it wasn't so bad. crypto is very stable and if I want to make a profit I usually play short-term trades.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2020, 12:17:57 AM

That would probably do for that year was the record high of bitcoin and until now.

However, there will come a time that bitcoin market record high will surpass on the year 2017. My speculations probably will going to happen on the year 2023. The current market now may probably still going to experience market crash. And after that bitcoin holders will going to make a good bounce back for people are slowly adapting the technology. Bitcoin or cryptocurrency could be introduce for community consumption.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 02:44:07 AM

Well in 2017 i see the very big increase of the bitcoin price, it is really amazing and that is the time also that i started to think about crypto and how the things going on in there . Almost all of the coin and token that time is rising and investors really gain a pofit, so i can see that year 2017 is a golden year of crypto, not only in crypto but also it is a golden year for bounty hunters who gain big profit by promoting projects.

Thavash

Activity: 54
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 04:50:10 AM

The second half of 2021 - beginning of 2022 will be very good for crypto - mark my words
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2020, 05:08:37 AM

It is definitely by far the "Golden year of Crypto"

If you had been through the 2017, most of the coins, i would say 90% of the coins skyrocket way too high
Its WAY too much without a doubt

Any coins could easily 1000-3000% in less than a month time

But of course after 2017 most of it correct and some even correct lower than where it start
Most of the shitcoin went dead and only the strong remain
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 06:33:22 PM

it was epic but you can see it was all coordinated, all the btc whale bots just went berzerk across all exchanges to make alts fly, esp with btc on the rise.  amazing to see such returns after a shithole of coins for years before.  buuuut as usual all dumped.....rightly so.  sadly maybe more than they should have (for some coins that is).  granted many shitcoins showed their true colours ones many users/devs got rich and could exit back then.  the 'fuck everyone else' mentality really is shit here.  sucks this bear market lasted so long and in some cases, it still is.  but i think we're on the upturn now since awhile.  the 'big time' money and pumps will still come...just take longer.

Agree. There was heavy manipulation on the market back in crypto's "Golden Days" during 2017. Once regulations came through (especially for the ICO industry), everything started to go downhill. It's two years later where crypto is still below its latest All-time-high in price. Maybe 2021 will turn out to be a good year for crypto? I've noticed that each year after Bitcoin's halving, prices for major cryptocurrencies start rising like skyrocket. Considering that the third Bitcoin halving took place in 2020, the best might be yet to come soon. But this is all speculation, since crypto is not guaranteed to go continuously up in price over time. Bitcoin and other major cryptocurrencies may retain their current prices for a long time. What's important is not the price, but rather how useful cryptocurrencies are for mainstream payments. And so far, there are quite a few which provide real use cases for the mainstream world.

Nonetheless, 2017 will continue to be the "Golden Year of Crypto" unless the market experiences new ATHs in price over the long term. As long as there's money flowing on crypto exchanges, the industry will be as vibrant as ever. With the current "De-Fi" hype, major cryptocurrencies are enjoying higher transaction activity at a fast pace. Ethereum is the one cryptocurrency that's benefited the most with this trend. Prices have stalled quite a bit, but adoption is rising like skyrocket. And that's what truly matters here. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Zeehaxan

Activity: 294

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 06:44:13 PM

2017 began as a bullish year for Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on the market. I remember when BTC went from $1k to almost $20k in just 2017 alone. That's a massive price increase never before seen in the history of crypto. During that time, new projects started to rise with ambitions to make our world a better place. ICOs where a big hit, followed by Bitcoin-based forks like Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold. Many who invested prior to the bull market of 2017, have made exponential gains in a short amount of time. It was crypto's best moment as it went into the mainstream so quickly.

Once 2018 started, prices for major cryptocurrencies went all the way down the drain. Governments imposed heavy-handed regulations against ICOs, reducing the demand for ETH and its tokens on the market. At the same time, some countries banned crypto from being used by their citizens. Many negative events happened in 2018, which stifled crypto's growth in the mainstream world. Then came 2019 that was almost the same as 2018, and now it's 2020 where people are starting to buy crypto once more because of the negative effects of COVID-19 on the mainstream economy. Yet, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are still behind their latest ATH  (All-Time-High) in price. With BTC's Third Halving , prices should've been within the $15k range by now. Still, crypto is not the same as it used to be back in 2017.

Do you think that 2017 was the "Golden Year of Crypto"? Or is the best is yet to come? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Smiley
2017 was another year where we saw cyclic bullish wave which is a historic pattern that was previously seen in 2012-13 and then in 2016-17 and now hopefully we will be seeing a similar market in 2021 as it is the time after halving when markets are aggressively taken over by the bulls.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
Strotman

Activity: 588

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 07:14:51 PM

2017 was rather a year for the lazy, because you didn't have to make much effort to earn money. If you compare it, for example, with 2020 and the boom in DeFi, then this year you could earn good money, but you had to make an effort and learn how DeFi works. And for many it turned out to be an unaffordable burden

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 05:09:14 AM

Undoubtedly 2017 was the most profitable year in the crypto sphere, almost every ICO were shooting for the moon, alot of people were making insane gains from all those ICO booms, and since after that, the crypto market has never been the same,the DeFi hype is no longer there also, I doubt if  we can ever have such a wonderful year like 2017 again, but the future is very unpredictable, it might happen again, no one can tell.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: