Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:02:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide]How to bet on Obyte : 🏈 - 🏀 - ⚽  (Read 358 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
xenon131 (OP)

Activity: 487
Merit: 1259

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 06:00:18 AM
Last edit: January 30, 2022, 10:52:20 AM by xenon131
Merited by tyz (5), madnessteat (1)

D

Bмecтo cтpaxa в cepдцe кaждoгo yкpaинцa  яpocть и жaждa мecти pycнe. Instead of fear in the heart of every Ukrainian there are a rage    and a furiousness  for revenge to ruska kurva aka rusnya.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 08:20:31 AM

Platform looks Interesting. More like placing bet on decentralized telegram, I think.
Who do participants bet with when they place the bets? Is it some kind of design linking bettors and betting sites on a smart contract platform? And I guess something like this would non-custodial?
Bookmarked.
Random-String-Symphony

Activity: 77
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 08:21:15 AM
Merited by tyz (1)

If you rather want a web frontend you can use this one: https://bb-odds.herokuapp.com/

⚪ Obyte     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 03:41:53 PM

This is the first time that I have encountered this platform. As I go along with the content posted by the OP, I wondered if this could be trusted. And I am glad that someone vouched for the eligibility of the platform. I’ll be looking forward in trying out this one soon.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 04:16:31 PM

This is the first time that I have encountered this platform. As I go along with the content posted by the OP, I wondered if this could be trusted. And I am glad that someone vouched for the eligibility of the platform. I’ll be looking forward in trying out this one soon.

Yes, it is absolutely legit. Obyte is ahead of many platform regarding oracles integration which let import external data into smart contracts. There are several PoC apps for Obyte, for example one where you can book a flight and if the flight is cancelled or delayed you automatically get your money back.

I know it is off-topic, but if you want to earn Obyte for free (and then test the betting smart contract as described above) I suggest to voluntarily participate on research projects and get Obytes for free daily (runs since more than a year now). More information here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3710733.0
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 03:27:58 PM

Yes, it is absolutely legit. Obyte is ahead of many platform regarding oracles integration which let import external data into smart contracts. There are several PoC apps for Obyte, for example one where you can book a flight and if the flight is cancelled or delayed you automatically get your money back.

I know it is off-topic, but if you want to earn Obyte for free (and then test the betting smart contract as described above) I suggest to voluntarily participate on research projects and get Obytes for free daily (runs since more than a year now). More information here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3710733.0
Thank you for sharing this information. I really appreciate your gesture.

Sorry,  I didn't even know that some gamblers don’t have any idea of Obyte platform otherwise  me would open this thread much earlier. I can  assure you platform itself and the betting bot particularly  are trustworthy. I used this  bot for betting in the span of  two years, nearly,  and everything always happened  without a hitch, it's damnably steezy.
I take full account on missing this one out. I have not been so enthusiastic in exploring sites and platforms this past month. It is time to get back on track. Thank you for opening this thread. And I will be looking forward to your future threads.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 02:19:55 AM

-snip

Sorry,  I didn't even know that some gamblers don’t have any idea of Obyte platform otherwise  me would open this thread much earlier. I can  assure you platform itself and the betting bot particularly  are trustworthy. I used this  bot for betting in the span of  two years, nearly,  and everything always happened  without a hitch, it's damnably steezy.

I don't even know Obyte platform, too. Lately, I have been into sports betting in some particular gambling. And I am searching the teams before betting. If i known this platform exists, I'll be able to acquire some wins as all my parlays and bet teams were failed.

The odds are changing every now and then right? Can we used this bot in mobile, too?
tarmo888

Activity: 563
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2020, 02:25:44 AM

I don't even know Obyte platform, too. Lately, I have been into sports betting in some particular gambling. And I am searching the teams before betting. If i known this platform exists, I'll be able to acquire some wins as all my parlays and bet teams were failed.

The odds are changing every now and then right? Can we used this bot in mobile, too?

Odds change sometimes, depends how often the bet makers check for the odds at other markets. I don't think bet makers enter the odds manually, even that they could - too much manual work.

The chatbot works as mobile app and desktop. https://obyte.org/#download
The website works on mobile too https://bb-odds.herokuapp.com/
Just have to have the wallet app installed and website open on same device.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2020, 11:39:17 PM

Just one more match where I hit the spot. Chelsea FC vs Crystal Palace FC, I have bet on Chelsea and the team didn’t let me down, the match ended with a score of four to nothing.  It’s a hell of a way to bet, BTW, also  on NBA and NFL events.

Nice, this reminds me that I should poke the developer to fix the chat texts. These texts contain words we no longer use.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 10:06:03 AM
Merited by xenon131 (1)

Thank you for sharing this information. I really appreciate your gesture.

Furthermore, regarding your question if the platform can be trusted, German car parts supplier (worldwide market leader) is a Obyte Witness, what means it runs something like a master node, also because the company is using Obyte for blockchain and smart contract research. If you google you can find some information about, among other things
https://www.ledgerinsights.com/obyte-bosch-iot-smart-cities-initiative/
https://medium.com/obyte/bosch-connectory-is-the-next-candidate-to-become-a-witness-on-the-obyte-public-network-b99572870644
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 07:08:04 PM

Furthermore, regarding your question if the platform can be trusted, German car parts supplier (worldwide market leader) is a Obyte Witness, what means it runs something like a master node, also because the company is using Obyte for blockchain and smart contract research. If you google you can find some information about, among other things
https://www.ledgerinsights.com/obyte-bosch-iot-smart-cities-initiative/
https://medium.com/obyte/bosch-connectory-is-the-next-candidate-to-become-a-witness-on-the-obyte-public-network-b99572870644

I wouldn't compare Witnesses (Order Providers) with Masternodes.
Masternodes are more like Obyte Hubs/Relays, which anyone can run without any collateral (hubs/relays don't even have wallet in them, just copy of the DAG).

Order Provider doesn't even need to be powerful machines, Obyte Hubs/Relays need to be way more powerful because they service light wallets by accepting incoming connections.
Order Provider just need to be reputable person or company and they need to hide their node behind TOR, so it would look like any other full node on the network.

Pretty much all that Order Providers do is that they make a payments to themselves from time to time (depending how much other transactions are posted, they move their own funds back to themselves). This helps other nodes know, which direction should the DAG grow. Sometimes, Order Provider could be Oracle too, then they don't just move their funds, they post some additional useful data to the DAG with that transaction, but since everybody knows the address they use, their data can be used in smart-contracts and Autonomous Agents.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 12:51:01 AM

Small news: Don't update to v3.3.0 release just yet, it breaks paying into Sports Betting smart-contracts, wait for 3.3.1 update. No funds will get lost when using 3.3.0 - all attempts to pay into smart-contract will pay to your own address instead - so you are basically sending it back to yourself instead.
AthenaBanana
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 12:47:53 PM

I will do check this out Ill like betting on sports I hope they have basketball and Tennis also and I need to check Obyte I have no idea of this platform but it looks like a good betting site for sports
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2020, 04:29:37 PM

I will do check this out Ill like betting on sports I hope they have basketball and Tennis also and I need to check Obyte I have no idea of this platform but it looks like a good betting site for sports

There is NBA basketball, but no tennis. Basically, only team sports, where you can bet "Home win or Away win" or "Home win or draw or Away win".

Until there is no v3.3.1 version out (should be any day now), download v3.2.0 instead https://github.com/byteball/obyte-gui-wallet/releases/tag/v3.2.0
v3.3.0 has bug that prevents making payments to smart-contracts.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 07:46:06 AM

There is NBA basketball, but no tennis. Basically, only team sports, where you can bet "Home win or Away win" or "Home win or draw or Away win".

Until there is no v3.3.1 version out (should be any day now), download v3.2.0 instead https://github.com/byteball/obyte-gui-wallet/releases/tag/v3.2.0
v3.3.0 has bug that prevents making payments to smart-contracts.

My wallet is 1-of-2 multisig one. I have updated one of two  clients to 3.3.0 while  the second client is still  3.2.0 version. I guess that  second client can be used for betting even in this case and  the payments go to smart contract. Is that correct?

Yes, the bug is only happening on v3.3.0 and I think you can downgrade to v3.2.0, but if you have wallet with v3.2.0 then that should still work. There is already v3.3.1 for Mac and Linux, but Windows and mobile apps will take little bit more time, but should be out soon.
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

There is v3.3.1 available on all platforms now, anyone who installed v3.3.0 should upgrade https://github.com/byteball/obyte-gui-wallet/releases
Mobile apps will probably take some more time until the new release gets approved on app stores.
xenon131 (OP)

Activity: 487
Merit: 1259

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 05:49:08 AM

There is v3.3.1 available on all platforms now, anyone who installed v3.3.0 should upgrade https://github.com/byteball/obyte-gui-wallet/releases
Mobile apps will probably take some more time until the new release gets approved on app stores.

Wow, installed it and made a couple of new bets, hope new version will bring me a luck. Does smart contract record my IP? Or is it better to  connect Obyte client via TOR to be safe? I saw client offers such option (in its settings)  to connect via TOR, but never used it.

Bмecтo cтpaxa в cepдцe кaждoгo yкpaинцa  яpocть и жaждa мecти pycнe. Instead of fear in the heart of every Ukrainian there are a rage    and a furiousness  for revenge to ruska kurva aka rusnya.
madnessteat
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1963

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 07:34:44 AM

Wow, installed it and made a couple of new bets, hope new version will bring me a luck. Does smart contract record my IP? Or is it better to  connect Obyte client via TOR to be safe? I saw client offers such option (in its settings)  to connect via TOR, but never used it.

I always use TOR if it is integrated in the software and can be selected as the default connection.

Very interesting implementation of peer-to-peer bets on the directed acyclic graph Obyte. I think many players will be happy to know that it is possible to completely exclude a third party from the betting.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2020, 07:38:48 AM
Merited by tyz (2), xenon131 (1)

Smart-contracts doesn't store any personal information other than your wallet address and these smart-contracts are not even public before you or chatbot withdraw from it (if the conditions let them).

IP could be recorded by Hub, which light wallets use a lot to get their balances and history.
If you are a full node then you connect to Hub/Relay only to find other peers and you doesn't reveal other personal info.

So, TOR could give little privacy for light wallets, but if somebody really wants, they could find all the IPs that have ever asked history about certain addresses and see if you sometimes forgot to use TOR and have connected from real IP multiple times. But this a danger only if law enforcements gets interest in your activity, all chat messages are encrypted and cannot be read by Hubs.

The real benefit of TOR is for full nodes who doesn't want to be known where they are located, especially Witnesses (Order Providers) https://stats.obyte.org/worldmap.php
tarmo888

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2020, 07:44:13 AM

I always use TOR if it is integrated in the software and can be selected as the default connection.

Very interesting implementation of peer-to-peer bets on the directed acyclic graph Obyte. I think many players will be happy to know that it is possible to completely exclude a third party from the betting.

There is also a guide how to use the P2P betting between 2 persons without needing the chatbot to find bets. This excludes even chatbot from the bet, ideal between 2 friends who doesn't want to deal their bets in cash https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLxHp5hyUOM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: