Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:51:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone accidentally sent or received BTC to and from another address?  (Read 525 times)
AniviaBtc

Activity: 1120
Merit: 272

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 11:41:10 AM

It happened to me once when I accidentally inputted a wrong address and I didn't even notice that I made that huge mistake.

That's why we need to become more careful with sending btc in a certain address because losing btc in that kind of mistake is really bad. It is your own fault if it happened to you because btc is an asset that is not that easy to earn and it is the best cryptocurrency compared to other altcoins.

So be mindful with that mistake, accidents occur in an unexpected situation. Always double check.

coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1122

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 11:43:53 AM

I have received some BTC dust spam back in 2018 when the network was under attack by BCH supporters. I wouldn't say this was by accident though. They were spamming random addresses this way. I've also seen people receive dust that was supposed to work as advertising. The transaction contained a message with the name of the site it was supposed to promote.
I haven't got a large sum but I'm not sure what I'd do if one day I found a lot of BTC on one of my old addresses. The right thing would be to send it back, but it would be very tempting to keep it.  

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 12:49:02 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2020, 12:59:25 PM by Mpamaegbu

Honestly, if I said I hadn't imagined someone mistakenly sending Bitcoin to me I would be lying. I have been in this game for over three years now and I think it's a slim chance of that happening to me or anyone else, even with wallet addresses that have been used and reused. BTW, I think the dust attack can only be possible for wallets that have been used, and not for a fresh wallet whose address hasn't been exposed before. The wallet owner may have submitted or exposed a wallet address somewhere because the several letters and numbers that make up an address can't be got from mere guess work. Anyone can point me in the right if I am wrong on this.

How could you accidentally send a crypto when you are only going to copy and paste the address?
So true. This makes me think that these stories of people mistakenly receiving Bitcoin could be fabricated.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 01:33:22 PM

I have never experienced sending Bitcoin to the wrong address, because before sending I always double check the recipient's address.
Likewise I have never received Bitcoin from other people too. Therefore, make sure you are more careful when writing down the recipient's
Bitcoin address. So there will be no sending / receiving of Bitcoin to the wrong address. Then it's about sending Bitcoin to the BCH address
by accident. To my knowledge it will be lost permanently, if it is true Bittrex can recover the lost Bitcoin. This is very good news.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
AicecreaME

Activity: 2380
Merit: 454

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 03:12:44 PM

The answer to your question is very simple. If you send a BTC to a non BTC address, then your BTC will be lost forever and vice versa, that's why you have to be careful since not all of the wallets will pop up a notification that you've inputed a wrong address or whatsoever. To make it simple, sending a BTC to a non BTC address is like cross breeding a cat and a dog, which is impossible to happen.
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 03:21:30 PM

Sending Bitcoin must require you to know on what address you are sending that Bitcoin because you cannot place a random public wallet and just expect it to have the compatibility to accept btc's. Receiving anonymously sounds sketchier since there is absolutely no way other people can know you public wallet if you have not given it away or posted it publicly.

Accidents like this are unlikely to happen since most of the transactions are manually placed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lizzie_Girl

Activity: 332
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 03:25:08 PM

Yes it is true. I once foolishly send bch to a bitcoin address on an exchange and I lost the funds Sad

From now on I use fail-safes and things to slow me down when I confirm transactions. I now have email and F2A enabled so I have time to reconsider what I am doing. My wallets also ask for confirmation before sending.
Check at least 5x the addresses and amounts. Never send transactions when you are tired or are intoxicated etc
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 03:30:43 PM

Well no but back in 2012 I did purchase some BTC and lost the wallet keys and address and everything since I did not expect them to be this valuable.

- I do believe what you said is pretty big since now a days companies are working on kind of a undo button where the person can only receive the transaction when you do have a passcode or something.

This way it would actually be beneficial when you would be doing bigger transactions and at the same time it would be more secure.

It is yet to be used widely!! But I do believe it would solve the problem of many people here. But once I sent the funds to a exchange wallet and accidentally pressed the received payment but the person was good and gave me the money after a day when he got to know that.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
gbrendeh

Activity: 172
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 03:43:27 PM

The recovery phase is what I am not really sure of but when you send to decentralized exchange and the amount is huge, they might take extra step to assist but this is not always a guarantee. For receiving a tiny BCH in your ledger might not be coincident if you hold some assets that are doing promo or airdrop without your knowledge.
hulla

Activity: 1820
Merit: 566

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 03:56:53 PM

I'm curious but has anyone here accidentally received btc or bch or any other coin from another address that you know was by accident?  Thus it was not direct and wasn't an airdrop or anything like that?

I had received a tiny bit of bitcoin cash to my nano ledger s... but it was tiny amount not even a penny worth... and someone who is very knowledgeable said it was a dusting attack which is almost harmless.
Since tiny amount of crypto was sent your personal wallet, then it was indeed a dusting attack usually used by hackers to trackdown people or company personal wallet activities and it shouldnt be consider as harmless. I will advise you to me more careful or always you privacy coins or mixer to send transaction to your wallet.

But is it almost impossible to send btc to the wrong address assuming you are off one letter or a bit off?
It possible to mistakely send coin to wrong address but not inform of tiny amount.

Or is odds going to show that address is incorrect? 
The transaction will not be send if the address is not up to 26-35 characters long which make a valid address.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
Mahdirakib
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

In Search of Incredible

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 04:46:37 PM

I had received a tiny bit of bitcoin cash to my nano ledger s... but it was tiny amount not even a penny worth... and someone who is very knowledgeable said it was a dusting attack which is almost harmless.
~snip~
I have never received crypto from anyone accidentally and haven't send to other by mistake. If you receive tiny amount from unknown source then you should take it as a dust attack. @hatshepsut93 has mentioned a topic in his reply, you can learn more details about dust attack there.

No one send coin to other by typing their address. It's easier and safest way to do copy paste the address.
If you sent your btc or bch to wrong address or vice versa there is less chance to get it back. You need to go through some process to get it and there are some condition depends on wallet provider.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 04:55:39 PM

Okay so you send you btc to bch address by mistake and vice versa.. does it always go through?  Same with bitcoin sv and bitcoin gold addresses?  But if you try to send a completely different coin like monero, waves ore dash or anything else not btc... to one of the btc, bch and vice versa, transactions will automatically get rejected?

People say if you send btc to bch and vice versa, then you can't get the coins back.  If that is the case, wouldn't that mean there are a ton of btc and bch etc lost so to speak because of this?  Similar to like how ppl old hard drives broke with btc etc?
Shimmiry

Activity: 840
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 05:45:19 PM

No, I haven't received any amount of btc or bch to my account. Any transaction made with bitcoin or any other coin is irreversible, that's why we have to double check every transactions or else our money will be gone forever unless the person you mistakenly send your money give it back to you.

Without a doubt, I am certain that it is possible to have some loopholes in the transaction. There is a chance of having duplicate bitcoin address or some glitch in the system that's why some amounts are mistakenly send to someone. There's was also an issue before (2015) where blockchain warned the cryptocurrency users regarding a bug in Google's Android software that causes the duplication of address. Any amount sent can be used by the other user with the same address. You may check it here: https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/blockchain-warns-of-duplicate-bitcoin-addresses-on-android/  

But this case does not happen everytime Smiley Just be careful when transacting, always double check.

semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 06:30:58 PM

But if you were to send btc to bch address or vice versa...
Both are different blockchains but most of the time both have similar address format which is legacy so if you accidentally send bch to your BTC address or vice versa and the wallet has same recovery phrase then your balance will show on your wallet, no need to do anything but this is possibly only if you send to your address and have recovery phrase.
GideonGono

Activity: 2058
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2020, 09:06:57 PM

I had done it before I was going to send payment to a friend that because of a loan while I am also gambling at that time,
I was busy playing and my friend ask if I could send the payment and because I didn't want to be disturb while I am gambling I said yes and ask for the payment address then I forgot to copy and sent it to the gambling site that I was playing.
The payment just got delayed because of it and I have to pay more for transaction fees but it was a good thing that the address that I sent it to was my gambling site address.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 12:26:38 AM

It isn't unimaginable, but also pretty rare. Mostly because people would double or triple check wallet addresses before sending it, and mostly because you don't really type the address yourself, you copy it to your clipboard or just scan a qr code with the said wallet, then that's it. It's pretty stupid for one to actually type out an address characters individually, since an accident is highly likely due to the address being a mix of letters big and small, as well as numbers.

In the end, the only reason for someone to send it wrongly is due to their carelessness. Check twice, thrice, maybe even 4 times, to see if the addresses inputted in are correct, and is indeed the address you want to send you're funds to.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 12:55:30 AM

Everything can happen, sending BTC to a wrong wallet address is also possible because there are a lot of people who made mistakes from doing it. I have read an article before that when you copy a wallet address and paste it to the recipient's wallet address it will change and it is all because of the virus on your device, I just forgot the name of the virus but that is true because I'd read it on an article.

To avoid these things, better we double-check the recipient's wallet address before we click the submit or send button, double-checking won't take so much time, it will make you safe and don't lose your money.
Yatsan
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1232

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 04:29:25 PM

I haven't got into such experience of sending a Bitcoin to a wrong address for I always do make sure of my transactions checking it consecutive times before confirming the transactions I have been doing. If ever such a thing would happen that a certain person have accidentally sent you any kind of crypto, then it is basically a human error and it is his own fault for doing such. The transactions are irreversible once you have done confirming it so you better make sure that the wallet address you were trying to send with is fully copied to clipboard and assure that the recipient have checked it a couple of times so that there will be no trouble on the transaction. In any way, once you have mistakenly sent out into a wrong address it is your fault or the recipient's fault for you were the ones having the transaction.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Asuspawer09

Activity: 1694
Merit: 435

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 05:19:10 PM

I'm curious but has anyone here accidentally received btc or bch or any other coin from another address that you know was by accident?  Thus it was not direct and wasn't an airdrop or anything like that?

But is it almost impossible to send btc to the wrong address assuming you are off one letter or a bit off?  Or is odds going to show that address is incorrect?  Thus imagine the last letter or number you mean was f and typed e or it was 9 and typed e or 8... are the odds so low that... the address you wrote a letter off is incorrect?  Also all btc and those addresses are the exact number of characters right?

Now i heard a while back, if you send btc to a bch address or send bch to btc address, the coins are permanently lost.  Is that still true today?  I remember i heard back then in bittrex, if you do that, they could help you recover it but only if the amount you said was big like at least 5k usd.  Do they still assist now?

But if you were to send btc to bch address or vice versa... or to even bitcoin sv or bitcoin gold, what happens now?

I see a few reports here in the forum in the past where they received an amount in their own address or someone accidentally sent a bitcoin in their address, I remembered someone pm the op that he sent the bitcoin in the op bitcoin address.

Personally, I never ever received a bitcoin that is sent to my address but hopefully, soon I'm going to receive one  Grin I think it is really possible and mostly the mistake is because of a wrong copy-paste of a bitcoin address but the chances are really low.

A lot of wallets warned a user to only send bitcoin to a bitcoin address and BCH to a BCH address because it might be lost permanently, but in my experience, you could do some reports depending on the wallet you are using and might still recover it, there are also some cases where transactions are canceled.

PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 06:46:28 PM

I've never sent Bitcoins to a wrong address since I mostly pay trough a qr code and check shen copying an address. But I have recieved small amounts several times and it was probably that kind of dusting attack or something.
As for sending BTC to a BCH address, I've seen multiple services that do that, I think the same services that do transaction boosting also can recover those funds (I'm not sure how does that work, though).

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████