Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:39:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Humans will not be replaced by robots very soon" --- yeah right !!!  (Read 975 times)
lixer

Activity: 2492
Merit: 586

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 11:00:32 AM
Merited by coinfinger (1)

As the age reversals and technology emerges, robots will replace humans. In some of the developed countries but presently numerous things are being performed by robots. If we stare at Bangladesh as a developing country, there is also a robot named Sophia. Fact: Everything is being updated day by day and there will be more. Then in chief actions, robots will be seen. Regardless, I do not know where the people's role will be and what will be the collision on the economy. I am thinking that if people become a burden instead of being the wealth of the country Embarrassed
I am not sure about Bangladesh as you mentioned because I never read much about this country in any articles but for sure robots are going to replace humans but not every human, instead the physical workers will be replaced by robots while the people who have thinking or innovation based job can never be replaced by robots because one thing robots cannot perform is the ability to take decisions in unknown situations and robots lack the intelligence which is the biggest reason I believe no matter how good and developed they become, they can never replace humans in innovation and IQ based tasks.

I am sure services like serving in a hotel can be easily replaced by robots because they just need to perform a particular task in a pre-determined way. Also we humans are slowly becoming robots by doing the nature routine work daily and not able to innovate ourselves so if we humans are becoming robots, no reason why robots cannot become humans Grin.

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 11:24:19 AM

Robots can't replace humans the way you think it will be. Robots are doing what we tell them to do, AI is not something we can build right now and at the very best case we build machine learning and put limitations on it. This means there will always be things humans will do, no matter how many jobs are replaced by robots, eventually there is another one opened up because of it with high tech and humans get that job, may not be the same person but it will still be another human employed instead.
There is a major difference between robotics and artificial intelligence, the progress is rapid in the field of AI and when it comes to self driving cars a company named Yandex already tested the prototype and was successful and Dubai will be launching their self driving cars next year most probably during the expo. With AI you do not need someone to monitor full time and there is no doubt it will reduce jobs as it will be used in different sectors.
Agreed, people worry about robots but truth to be told the real issue is AI, AI is incredible cheap to run and even to create since there are many known algorithms that are very effective and the only thing you need to do is to train them to do the task you want, this means that a generic AI can do a lot of work that before it was thought that only humans could do and it can be done in a way that is way more effective and cheaper than whatever solution a human can implement and this will be a problem during the next decades and it will increase unemployment all over the world.
But still there are jobs or chores on which robot cant do which do still needs human hands to work so i cant completely say that they would be completely replaced but i do agree that
there would be lots of unemployments due to automation of things.

We are actually heading there and there are people who do even thinking about being invaded by robots.Guess like theyre watching too much about Terminator movies?  Grin

Possible? Yes, but not on the point that it cant be controlled.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 11:41:51 AM

many movies about the future and predicting our lives, robots are also depicted there, such as terminators, robocops etc.,
but blockchain is still not in the movie, if Bitcoin is in the movie, are you interested?
For the future robots will replace humans maybe it can happened in the future life
Will you allow yourself to be replaced by a robot?
Personally, if I will be asked about this, I won't allow it.
Yes I'm glad that there are robots at the present time who are helping us on our task.
They perform the job continuously as what they are programmed.
But they are not that perfect to replace humans to their jobs, if their system fails, they cannot perform their task very well, they need the assistance of human to function well according to their uses.

Why did you brought up bitcoin blockchain tho?

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 12:12:44 PM

not verry soon but sooooneer  as in verry verry long time  . not replaced the whole humanity where robots are left to live of course but replaced in the means of working but not to those works that are hard and known to be done by human alone because that is risky  . there are people will get facinated with that concept but some are not going to be happy because this will again cost someone's job and make them jobless unless if the company that they working on can provide them another job  ..
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 12:46:11 PM

"Humans will not be replaced by robots very soon" --- yeah right !!!

Mof...kers did you watch the video on youtube with Atlas doing parkour ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBBaNYex3E

Skynet is coming !!! Arm yourself's.
I remembered the AI sofia and her new robot mate in youtube. They are gradually becomes pseudohuman as they can speak and talk like a human. They have also a lot of capacity and information when communicate or ask to them. However, unlike with human we created by God in perfection and nothing can beat that. I just amazed but I am also scared because we are slowly want to become God as we want to make a new thing behind creation. But we will not be replaced by robots even they have a huge gigabytes memory to their chip. Even they have the cloud and decentralized network, humans still dominate the world. Because we only invented them to help us to ease the difficulty of human life.

bekti3

Activity: 1078
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 04:35:32 PM

"Humans will not be replaced by robots very soon" --- yeah right !!!

Mof...kers did you watch the video on youtube with Atlas doing parkour ? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBBaNYex3E

Skynet is coming !!! Arm yourself's.

Questions that are quite intriguing and ask questions.
In what way do you mean the role of humans? because your question is quite ambiguous and needs to be detailed again, for example in terms of doing something or as a whole?

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 05:00:37 PM

Who made the robots? Of course the Human...if no human no robot can be created, then how come that human will replace by robots. It will not happen because robots are just created to do some task by the guidance of a human but not all human task, robots can do.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 05:03:59 PM

Well, right from time technology has been making people lose their jobs, so I wouldn’t surprise if this one should happen, although I don’t want it to happen.

We can use CD and internet as an example: because I can remember that some years back that movies and songs were on CD's and people go to stores to buy CD's, and selling that CD was someone’s business, until the internet changed everything and people now stream songs on Apple Music and Spotify, and other platform’s and watch videos on Netflix and Amazon prime and stuffs like that.

So technology has been changing things right from time. So, I think it’s up to us to be quickly adapting to those changes and learning different skills that would help us adapt.
Josefjix

Activity: 1162
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 04:57:55 AM

As far as humans still manufacturer robots accessories and compilations, Robots can't replace humans. They can only replace some labours by humans and make human stress free from the tedious tasks. Robots can't replace humans totally is is pure conspiracy theory.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Broly46

Activity: 1554
Merit: 115

0xe25ce19226C3CE65204570dB8D6c6DB1E9Df74AC

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 12:13:44 PM

Anybody with some basic computing knowledge that robot is count on just bunch of 0s and 1s, a binary, the most primitive logic probable in the universe, and this dumb creatures can slowly taking challenge on complex and intelligent homo sapien, it has to be quite fearful to be overtaken by some robot that can only count 0s and 1s. I think anybody can count from 0 to 10 without effort.

Self hating nerd that want to escape from reality into the cyberpunk.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 12:30:01 PM

I think it depends on how far down the line you're talking about. If you was to say within 5 years then my answer is that not many jobs will be terminated at the hand of robots.
This is because the advancement of robotics is yet far off from achieving manual work or work which depends on working out the environment and then act accordingly.

However, if you was to tell me that in 50 years most humans jobs will be made redundant and robots will be taking over, at least in the mundane sectors like hotels and restaurants, I will then be more reciprocal to your idea. Because in 50 years time the commuting power should give us the luxury of seeing massive improvements in robotics and I wouldn't be surprised if by then humans will move more into creative jobs or monitoring robots etc.

So, in this sense humanity is heading towards a doomsday where entire workforces will need restructuring, and those that can't keep up will unfortunately be left behind.
justdimin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 04:25:54 PM

Robots are there to replace humans in heavy load duties and make things easy. And as for them replacing human beings at work places, well we can’t tell for sure, but I know that there are some positions where robots can never replace humans.
Technology is way beyond our imagination friend and what we cannot imagine is already being inserted into Robots and they are now being trained to tackle unfavorable conditions where human intelligence is required and the speed at which robots are being improved I wonder if there will be a time when robots can make new robots without human intervention and that might be the end of humans because while it sounds funny that Robots can never dominate human brain but once such chips are made that have the ability to outsmart the average human IQ, we have to accept the sad reality.

Moreover, I think that the more advanced a robot is, the more costly it’s going to be, and it’s not just about the cost of buying it, but the cost of maintenance as well will be very high. And I don’t a very big company with thousands of employees would prefer to gather thousands of pieces of chunks to replace humans at their work place, that would be dumb asf. And moreover, government might even put a control on it.
That is not true because while robots cost higher but they are one time purchase and big companies always prefer to buy something that works for longer period at cheaper cost per month without any mistake if even they have to pay higher upfront.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1354

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 05:12:20 PM

Moreover, I think that the more advanced a robot is, the more costly it’s going to be, and it’s not just about the cost of buying it, but the cost of maintenance as well will be very high. And I don’t a very big company with thousands of employees would prefer to gather thousands of pieces of chunks to replace humans at their work place, that would be dumb asf. And moreover, government might even put a control on it.
That is not true because while robots cost higher but they are one time purchase and big companies always prefer to buy something that works for longer period at cheaper cost per month without any mistake if even they have to pay higher upfront.

Also, perhaps most importantly, robots can't get paid sick leave, they can't get pregnant, and they can't join a labor union. At least not yet ... Wink

I think these are the biggest selling points for any big employer.

█████████████████████████████
█████████▀     ▄██ ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄▀▀▄█████████▄▀▀▄██████
███▄▄█▀▄██████▀ ▀████▄▀█▀ ▀██
██▀▀█▌▐█   ▀▀▀   █████▌▐█  ██
██  █ ███▄▄▄      ▀▀▀▀█ █  ██
██  █▌▐████▌         ▄▌▐█████
███▄██▄▀█████▄   ▄▄██▀▄█ ▀███
████▀ ▀▄▄▀███▀    █▀▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄ ▄█████
████████▄▄██       ██████████
█████████████████████████████
         ▄██▄     ▄
        █████   ▄████
       █████▌  █████▌
      ██████████████
     ███▀█████▀██▀████▄
   ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████
 ▄▄██████▄██▄▄██████▄█▀
▐██████████████████████▄
 ▀████████         ████▀
   ▀███████▄     ▄███▀
    ███████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████
▄▄███████████████████▄
               ▄███▄
            ▄████████

▄▄██████████
       █▀▀▀██▀▀▀████
      ███████████
    ▀▀▀████████████
      ▀███████████▀
      ▄███████████▄
 ▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀   ▄
▀▀█▀▀
███████████▀▀▀█▀▀
    ████████████████
    ████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
..PLAY NOW..
       ▄▄▄▄ ▄▄█████▄
     ████████████████
 ▄▄▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
▀█████████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ▄█▄      ██
    ▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄          ▄▄
    ▄▄▄███▄▄▄    ▄ ▄ ▄ ▀▀
     ▀ ▄█▄ ▀  ▀▄█ ▀█▀ █▄▀
    ▄▄  ▀     ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
    ▀▀        ▀██▀▀█▀▀██▀
         ██   ▀ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ ▀
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 05:49:45 PM

Who made the robots? Of course the Human...if no human no robot can be created, then how come that human will replace by robots. It will not happen because robots are just created to do some task by the guidance of a human but not all human task, robots can do.

This robot thing can only help people to make thier job easyly it will not replace any the possible thing to happen  is it will reduce the application of human as labor . if they know that its better to have working robot than human they will surely buy their own to lessen the expenses . this will only work if the price of robot is lesser compare human labor if they calculate it. but if not I don't think someone want to have that if they know it will not help them even in business.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
██████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 08:15:10 PM

There's always been something eating jobs and humans have always adapted, however I do wonder if this is the big one. If a machine can replace a human then it will, no ifs, no buts.

Businesses are not there to keep employees fed and busy and just like the dawn of the internet there's no way of knowing how far this will go. It's probably going to go vastly further than most expect.

What's different compared to the past is an uber mobile and uber powerful global elite who'll control all of this. Even a few of them have acknowledged they may end up dangling from a lamp post. They're going to do it anyway.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 09:03:31 PM

There's always been something eating jobs and humans have always adapted, however I do wonder if this is the big one. If a machine can replace a human then it will, no ifs, no buts.

I do wonder if some around here are downplaying the possibility. This isn't the era of the Luddites and we're not talking about simple automation. We're talking about deep learning AI and things like that. Imagine what happens if AI systems can attain superior intelligence to average or even low functioning humans. If that technology were made to be cost efficient, it would make perfect sense to cut much of the labor market off from jobs and use AI and robotics instead. I'm not sure to what extent unskilled laborers will be able to adapt in that scenario.

What's different compared to the past is an uber mobile and uber powerful global elite who'll control all of this. Even a few of them have acknowledged they may end up dangling from a lamp post. They're going to do it anyway.

Who?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 09:05:32 PM

Who?

The ones advocating universal basic income. They know that if something isn't put in place then it could get a little messy.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/16/universal-basic-income-equality-tech-silicon-valley

I don't really see how hooking up the world's arsehole to its mouth is going to keep it chugging along but you never know.
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 09:53:08 PM

Who?

The ones advocating universal basic income. They know that if something isn't put in place then it could get a little messy.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/may/16/universal-basic-income-equality-tech-silicon-valley

I don't really see how hooking up the world's arsehole to its mouth is going to keep it chugging along but you never know.

It makes sense and honestly job automation is just an accelerating factor, not the underlying cause. The inevitable trajectory of the current system is that an extreme few will own everything, and the rest of society will starve. It's a slow process but that's actually how capitalism was intended to work, with one class forever extracting capital from the other. One can imagine how a political revolution that replaces the current stakeholders and usurps all their wealth is probably inevitable too, unless something is done to mitigate that dynamic. And this is why "enlightened capitalism" AKA democratic socialism has gained such ground in recent years, even in America as evidenced by the rise of Bernie Sanders. Given America's traditionally individualist culture, I think that says a lot.

So yeah, of course the world's billionaires will, in the end, back plans like UBI. Anything that gives the population just enough crumbs to keep them from revolting. Smiley

South Park

Activity: 2870
Merit: 794

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 10:31:20 PM

Agreed, people worry about robots but truth to be told the real issue is AI, AI is incredible cheap to run and even to create since there are many known algorithms that are very effective and the only thing you need to do is to train them to do the task you want, this means that a generic AI can do a lot of work that before it was thought that only humans could do and it can be done in a way that is way more effective and cheaper than whatever solution a human can implement and this will be a problem during the next decades and it will increase unemployment all over the world.
But still there are jobs or chores on which robot cant do which do still needs human hands to work so i cant completely say that they would be completely replaced but i do agree that
there would be lots of unemployments due to automation of things.

We are actually heading there and there are people who do even thinking about being invaded by robots.Guess like theyre watching too much about Terminator movies?  Grin

Possible? Yes, but not on the point that it cant be controlled.
Movies are meant to entertain and are not really a mirror of what it will happen on the future, our worries should not be for something as fantastic as robots taking over the planet or anything like that, instead we need to worry about a reality that if anything could be even more fearsome, if a robot or AI can do a better job for a cheaper price than a human then you can be sure the robot will eventually replace humans in that activity, now that will not be as problematic if the fields in which this happened were very limited but as technology advances we are seeing this happening in almost every field, and if this continues we will have to rethink how the world economy works as having billions of people unemployed doing nothing and starving due to lack of jobs is not going to work long term.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 01:15:24 PM

Yeah, humans will remain as human to robots .
Despite the robot is doing the work of human does not mean it will become human in future. Human will continue to use robots to do business to make more money from the business.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: