Bitcoin Forum
January 20, 2021, 09:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Living on crypto in the UK: An interview with Lawrence Ray  (Read 38 times)
bitrefill

Activity: 106
Merit: 31

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 06:35:49 PM

Living on crypto in the UK: An interview with Lawrence Ray
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hsmLZJxZQo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 2068

https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2020, 10:40:14 AM

As I am in England, I was interested in his perspective. I think the title is a little misleading, it seems that it should be "earning crypto in the UK", and I got the impression that he is living in a house, and has a regular job, but earns some extra by crypto trading. Here are a few comments on the video.

I think it is a shame that people like this are not attracted to Bitcoin Talk, but maybe he is a former member. Discussions with people like the pair inthe video would be interesting and beneficial. He also mentions a crypto curry meeting group, and I haven't heard of this. If we can get away from the Covid nonsense, then real life crypto meetings would be interesting for me.

He mentions the use of Bitcoin to make international purchases, but I believe that a far greater benefit is the ability to accept Bitcoin in payment for international sales.

His use of Bitcon seems to be dependent on banking transfers and crypto exchanges, and not on the direct use of crypto.

He makes a reference to a possible digital Pound Sterling,and it will be interesting to see how that will relate to Bitcoin if and when it is introduced. Will it still be called "The Pound"? The name refers to its original basis for value - it was possible to exchange the note for a one pound bag of silver. As you can't have a pound weight of Bitcoin, maybe they will come up with some other concept. Sterling is a measure of purity, and Bitcoin is possibly the only sterling crypto at the moment. I expect they will distort the meaning of Sterling, and use that for their new worthless digital currency.

GuardPets.com - guard pets are more than just dogs - this is my latest "domains for Bitcoin" project.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: