Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:26:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin for everyone  (Read 819 times)
Adorakelv

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 05:03:21 AM

Indeed, not everyone can buy bitcoins, and in order to be able to work with it, you need to have at least some minimal knowledge to use it.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2021, 07:18:48 AM

Equal distribution of bitcoin can't happen because everybody works for their money and its money there use in purchasing bitcoin, so it can't be equally distributed, we have the big investors and also the small ones, everybody buys according to what there can afford and you will agree with me not everyone has bitcoin, some can't afford it! That's the less privileged, why some hates bitcoin ignorantly and wouldn't want to invest in it so this shows some people aren't into this space.
right, bitcoin ownership is not evenly distributed, and there are still many people who don't even know about bitcoin. at least no matter how much money they have, they should be able to buy bitcoins, even if they don't have to be whole per one bitcoin. here we see the role of the government which seems to limit the movement of bitcoin, even though bitcoin will continue to grow in any situation

It's the same as giving money to people who are lazy and just sit around waiting for someone to give them money. Agree! Everyone should work, because we all know that the person who owns a bitcoin now did not buy it or own it easily; he/she worked hard for it, and it is an investment for him in the future. There will be a lot of against it if it is evenly distributed. I don't own a bitcoin, but if someone gave it to me, I would be grateful because I can get it easily, but the person who gave it to me worked hard for it to own it, so here I am just waiting for him to give me bitcoin, which is not good because someone worked hard and the other did not.
AKalinousky (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 06:32:10 PM

i agree, guys. most of your points make sense and quite reasonable. there's no point to argue with the folks saying Bitcoin (at least at the moment) is money
Code:
Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts, such as taxes, in a particular country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange, a unit of account, a store of value and sometimes, a standard of deferred payment. Any item or verifiable record that fulfils these functions can be considered as money.  | source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money | 
and money is not free.
but we, as a human being, tend to look in the future? right?
so, i believe ( "you may say i a dreamer, but i'm not the only one" ) that Bitcoin was not created just for the benefit of a few, or a particular group of people, or a particular country, or even a particular "billion", but for the benefit of the humanity as a whole.
do we really want to make it "my precious!"? do we really want to keep our individual freedom, censorship resistance and decentralization, granted us by Bitcoin, just for the benefit of our own, our families and friends and do not give a shit about rest of the world?
it kind of resemble situation with the covid. some countries do vaccinate their folks and do not give a shit about the rest of the world, but we are all linked one way or another.
well, let's look into the future:
* how we can make Bitcoin work for the benefit of all and not the few?
and the main question
* do we really want IT to do so?
Dragonfund

Activity: 546
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 10:17:43 PM

Adequate capital is required to use bitcoin there are many poor people who cannot afford to invest in bitcoin it depends on the people not just the holders.

More than the capital ample knowledge on how Cryptocurrency works is more important if you know how Cryptocurrency and its potential, you can do something to acquire capital to invest, I have a friend who after learning how Cryptocurrency works have set aside ten percent of his savings to building his portfolio and now he is doing great, he has made ten times profit from his portfolio and continues building up his portfolio.

There is a topic on the same board that says only the riches enjoy holding of bitcoin, it looks familiar to that.
Now the thing is, if one don't have another source of income, you can't enjoy investing. You can't invest when you are broke, it doesn't work that way. You may even be tempted to sell at every Little pump when you are suppose to hold for long time.
The summery is, one can only buy and hold if they have enough capital. You can't buy $200 worth of bitcoin and expect a huge profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: