Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:10:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is NeoCoin valued so low?  (Read 1019 times)
Monetizer (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:08:51 AM

So I noticed just this morning NeoCoin was valued at 0.00004410 per coin and o I checked it out and it has some really useful features that many people have been asking for in coins ssuch as leaving messages for people, it is pow pos hybrid and it has a lot of other features which can help it be used by merchants and such so why is it valued so low?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:11:13 AM

is this a new thing? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=58324;sa=showPosts

pump + dump , you're so obvious.
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:25:01 AM

is this a new thing? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=58324;sa=showPosts

pump + dump , you're so obvious.

No seriously, I am wondering why that is why I bought...
Digicoiner

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

In Crypto I trust.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:41:44 AM

I built up a large position in Neocoin in the fall when it was pretty cheap and sold most of it when the price was high.  I bought it because, like you,  I thought it had decent features - nice wallet design, messaging, PoW/PoS hybrid etc.  But I didn't see a lot of development and action around this coin.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:46:28 AM

So I noticed just this morning NeoCoin was valued at 0.00004410 per coin and o I checked it out and it has some really useful features that many people have been asking for in coins ssuch as leaving messages for people, it is pow pos hybrid and it has a lot of other features which can help it be used by merchants and such so why is it valued so low?

Back in the day when it was released, before this place was as scammy as it is now, the coin had alot of promise. several beta versions were rolled out and many users were very excited. unfortunately, on release day the sheer amount of people mining it caused multiple forks, that were only discovered later. so the devs did the smart thing, and went back to the drawing board and fixed the coin, then released it with a brand new block chain. but by the time they re released it, it was like the 4th or 5th thread about Neocoin, and many people had lost interest for one reason or another. I never really liked Neocoin, but it probably would have been big if it wasnt for the multiple botched releases. Cryptsy ended up picking the coin up in their rotation due to the sheer amount of effort the dev team put into making the coin.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:29:11 AM

Back in the day when it was released, before this place was as scammy as it is now, the coin had alot of promise. several beta versions were rolled out and many users were very excited. unfortunately, on release day the sheer amount of people mining it caused multiple forks, that were only discovered later. so the devs did the smart thing, and went back to the drawing board and fixed the coin, then released it with a brand new block chain. but by the time they re released it, it was like the 4th or 5th thread about Neocoin, and many people had lost interest for one reason or another. I never really liked Neocoin, but it probably would have been big if it wasnt for the multiple botched releases. Cryptsy ended up picking the coin up in their rotation due to the sheer amount of effort the dev team put into making the coin.

Seems to happen to a lot of coins. Devs put forth trying to fix issues, the attention span here is short so if its not right out of the gate its doomed. Even coins that are great now many will fail for that same reason.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:00:05 AM

Seems to happen to a lot of coins. Devs put forth trying to fix issues, the attention span here is short so if its not right out of the gate its doomed. Even coins that are great now many will fail for that same reason.

Your pretty much on the money. These days its more about how quickly can this new coin make me a millionaire than about coin longevity or viability. Look at some of the most 'popular' coins out there atm - most have been around a very short while & are still in the 'pump' stage.

This thread is a perfect example of what I mean https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=441683.0

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:53:40 PM

This is now showing up on Coinwarz as one of the most profitable, but I don't see any recent discussion on it anywhere.
It's not even listed on coinmarketcap.com - am wondering why it's resurfacing and if there's any point to mine it now ?
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:26:35 PM

Ooh, a NEC thread. Haven't seen one of these for like, uh, a long time.

Yeah, Neocoin was promising, but had I think 4 relaunches. Even during it's final launch, it got mined to heck. After an initial pump, started dying to the sub 500 satoshi level for about a month (I think this was like October/November) then during the last run-up of BTC, like many other alts, NEC had a run up before peaking at a price of around 30,000 satoshi for a few days (I think there was a day where it passed 0.005 BTC, but it was for a short while and was clearly part of a huge pump).

The biggest issue was that after the release, there was very little infrastructure developed around the coin in the following months, but the wallet had a bunch of nice features (such as how much you had in fiat in real-time).
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:45:21 PM

The right question to ask is: why is it not valued much much much lower ... say 1 litoshi?
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:47:49 AM

There are far too many competitors I guess.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Monetizer (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 07:47:25 AM

I'd like to bring this back up. Would the communtity be interested in a new version of NeoCoin?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: