Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Plastic barriers next to supermarket queues.  (Read 327 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2445

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2020, 08:43:01 AM

I was waiting in a supermarket queue yesterday, and I was a couple of positions behind a woman wearing a strong perfume. There were plastic barriers on either side of the line. The perfume was very noticeable, and it made me realise the stupidity of the restrictions being imposed over the banker's pandemic. We know that the virus spreads via aerosol as well as droplets, so there was obviously a cloud following the woman as she moved around the store. If she was infected, then that would include viral particles. and these would be settling on clothing and store produce, as well as being breathed in by staff and shoppers. We were all obeying social mistancing rules as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the area open to allow the airborne infections to disperse, rather than leaving them hanging around. It would also be useful if they added humidifiers to the air conditioning. Covid thrives in dry conditions.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 12:25:06 PM
Merited by Quickseller (2)

~

The barriers protect the checkout staff though. Staff who are in close proximity to hundreds of people each day (some of them maskless freedom-warriors). With no barriers, staff are more likely to get infected and then, with no barriers, we as shoppers are more likely to contract the virus from the infected staff.

Agree that air conditioning isn't great, though. It's all compromise solutions to keep the economy functioning, whilst keeping infection rate as low as possible given the economy is the government's overriding priority.

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 12:56:33 PM

~

The barriers protect the checkout staff though. Staff who are in close proximity to hundreds of people each day (some of them maskless freedom-warriors). With no barriers, staff are more likely to get infected and then, with no barriers, we as shoppers are more likely to contract the virus from the infected staff.

Agree that air conditioning isn't great, though. It's all compromise solutions to keep the economy functioning, whilst keeping infection rate as low as possible given the economy is the government's overriding priority.

The science is not even clear as to how much these plastic barriers help. They don't hurt, but people are giving themselves a false sense of safety by this nonsense.

The Vice Presidential debate had these glass barriers between the candidates which did virtually nothing considering the candidates were sat 12 feet apart from one another. You will seldom find any scientific peer reviewed papers supporting plexiglass to stop the spread of COVID.

Hand washing and social distancing are the most affective way to stop the spread, not useless plexiglass barriers.

On another note JetCash, how often are you at the supermarket exactly? Many of your posts stem from your adventures at the market lmao
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2132

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2020, 01:04:46 PM

It's just a gimmick because even though it's true that the plastics will add more protection to the workers, there are many ways to get infected (I mean plastics only reduce x% risks). I think wearing a mask and washing hands before customers get into the supermarket is enough. We (both workers and customers) just can't have zero risks.

However, I like the idea of shopping outdoors if they can somehow make it happen or reduce the AC fan blows.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 01:47:49 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

~

The actual fix to this would be to blow the AC/Heated air from below the floor straight up.

RE the perfume dispersion that's an example of equilibrating partial pressures of gases. In that case the plastic barriers do nothing at all. It's not the same as viral particle dispersion mechanism. I think...
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2020, 02:36:31 PM

Why does it protect the staff? If one infected person passes long the line,  Their aerosol particles will stay in the air for many minutes if there is no air current. The masks don't help either, as they son't stop aerosols. Then you need to consider all of their shopping that is on the conveyor belt. That has been sitting in the atmosphere for hours, and will probably have been handled by numerous people.

Durin the early months of the fake pandemic, the infection was racing round the country, and I can remember seeing several people who appeared to have fairly severe symptoms, especially the ones in the queues for the Pharma counters. Despite this, I didn't hear of any supermarket staff who were admitted to hospital as a result of the virus. Of course they were building natural immunity during this period, and that is why you don't hear of them being off work due to Corona sickness.

I like the idea of vertical blowers, especially if they were humidifiers as well.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Cnut237
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 02:38:08 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), nutildah (1)

There's a difference between the barriers not being 100% effective, and the barriers not doing anything at all.

If someone with CV-19 is standing one metre away from you, and coughs, without a mask, in the direction of your face... then would you prefer that there's a plastic barrier there?
Same with masks. They may not be 100% effective, but anything that offers some protection is useful.

If one infected person passes long the line,  Their aerosol particles will stay in the air for many minutes
Sure. You may breathe in some of the particles. But you'll breathe in orders-of-magnitude fewer than if they coughed right in your face with no barrier.
Viral load is an indicator of symptom severity: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30354-4/fulltext

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2020, 03:06:09 PM

Viral load increases if you are in a tunnel with no ventilation.
Anyway, why should a healthy person be bothered about the virus, and if they are not healthy, then they should fix their health problems? We shouldn't be penalised because of their stupidity or lack of will power.

Cnut237
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 06:50:39 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), nutildah (1)

why should a healthy person be bothered about the virus
Empathy? A healthy person may suffer only mild symptoms, but can act as a carrier, and kill people.

if they are not healthy, then they should fix their health problems? We shouldn't be penalised because of their stupidity or lack of will power.
It's quite offensive to suggest that everyone with health problems is stupid or weak-willed.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 4404

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 10:22:13 PM

I was waiting in a supermarket queue yesterday, and I was a couple of positions behind a woman wearing a strong perfume. There were plastic barriers on either side of the line. The perfume was very noticeable, and it made me realise the stupidity of the restrictions being imposed over the banker's pandemic. We know that the virus spreads via aerosol as well as droplets, so there was obviously a cloud following the woman as she moved around the store. If she was infected, then that would include viral particles. and these would be settling on clothing and store produce, as well as being breathed in by staff and shoppers. We were all obeying social mistancing rules as well. Wouldn't it make more sense to leave the area open to allow the airborne infections to disperse, rather than leaving them hanging around. It would also be useful if they added humidifiers to the air conditioning. Covid thrives in dry conditions.

the plastic barriers are for the shop workers at the cashier desk to not get coughed on or spat at.
you protection is your mask and distancing.

also the amount of particles needed to smell a smell is far less than what would make you 100% needing hospitalisation due to viral load.

yep even doctors in hospitals with masks/gowns/face shields still get sick.. but not as severely as they would without any PPE(february/march period)

this social distancing/mask is not 100% preventative but it is ~95% meaning 20x less severe risk. =20x less hospitalisations.

i knwo you had a hug a strangers and lick their face policy for 5 months thinking you wanted high viral load infections and lots of hospitalisation.. but how about realise that if you truly are a person that wants lw risk herd immuity without over running hospitals.. you actually realise that masks/social distancing reduces how much you inhale.

by the way you being 'a couple positions' behind. means that you sniffed less perfume than the person directly behind the women. so yea. they got more of it.

so just be glad you were a couple positions away and just remember that next time .. respect peoples personal space and dont get too close

last thing
humidifiers add moisture to the air. and even you said the virus moves on droplets of air.. you mean you prefer shops fit dehumidifiers

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
eddie13
Legendary

Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 06:08:39 AM

No matter the protection, the scare factor of the changes to way of life are priceless..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 08:06:47 AM

There's a difference between the barriers not being 100% effective, and the barriers not doing anything at all.

If someone with CV-19 is standing one metre away from you, and coughs, without a mask, in the direction of your face... then would you prefer that there's a plastic barrier there?
Same with masks. They may not be 100% effective, but anything that offers some protection is useful.

If one infected person passes long the line,  Their aerosol particles will stay in the air for many minutes
Sure. You may breathe in some of the particles. But you'll breathe in orders-of-magnitude fewer than if they coughed right in your face with no barrier.
Viral load is an indicator of symptom severity: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30354-4/fulltext

The science on masks are split.

https://aapsonline.org/mask-facts/

You can find plenty of studies that point out masks as having little to no affect which means people are giving themselves a false sense of security with masks.

You can look at the NYT COVID-19 map yourself. The US is at nearly 70k cases a day, a benchmark that they were at in July. Mask adoption is at the highest its been with nearly every state having some form of mandate. Doesn't seem to be working well.

These cheap masks that create almost no sealing with the face, don't fit properly, people keep touching (btw, proper mask guidelines are that you throw away your mask if you touch it), all these factors need to be considered with mask wearing.

I'll wear a mask because it doesn't hurt, but pretending that the mask is the difference between life and death, which PLENTY people are doing, isn't helping anyone.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2020, 08:09:29 AM

It's quite offensive to suggest that everyone with health problems is stupid or weak-willed.

It's offensive to force nations into penury, ill health and even death, just because some people can't stop eating rubbish food, or have to destroy their lungs and other organs with cigarettes and chemicals. If a car keeps crashing because it has defective brakes, then you take it off the road and fix the brakes. You don't carry on driving it and destroying other cars until the car becomes useless. Covid is like scratches on the car, in most cases you can carry on with normal use. The lard arses are like the defective brakes - get them to stop stuffing their faces with cream cakes and rubbish food. I appreciate that there are some people who have health issues that are not their fault - obviously accidents, war injuries and disabilities caused by their parents use of pharmaceuticals, and of course we should help them. We should also try to avoid the creation of such disabilities in the future.

Almost all of the measures recommended to stop the virus are counter productive, and are designed to help the spread, and to slow down recovery. These include wearing masks, hand sanitising, 'flu and other vaccinations, wearing gloves, fever reducing chemicals, lock downs, plastic barriers. Even social distancing slow down activity, and reduces people's metabolic rate.

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2020, 08:49:56 AM

Plastic is protection against droplets, not aerosols. Anyway, aerosolization is extremely rare and only occurred in a special circumstance, like when people packed in a closed room with cold AC, screaming, crying, singing, and dancing (you know, church things). Hence, it's not the case for supermarkets.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2020, 10:49:25 AM

I understand that the Covid virus had a RNA clip added to allow it to spread via aerosols. It was created to allow maximum infection with minimum fatalities, and this allowed panic to be created to milk the economies of the world as a prelude to monetary reset. You don't need to read MSM lies to be aware of this, just look around you, and talk to people you meet. Then think about the ramifications of the things you see. Things like the perfume clouds surrounding some women. These aren't a problem in themselves - well maybe cheap perfume is an annoyance, but it isn't life threatening. You concern should come from the realisation that the Covid aerosols will behave in the same way, and on reflection you will realise that all the social distancing and other nonsense is counter productive,

Another concern is the damage done to the environment by items such as discarded face masks. Here is a report of a falcon tangled in a face mask -
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hulldailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fhull-east-yorkshire-news%2Fperegrine-falcon-tangled-face-mask-4363505&psig=AOvVaw2tJGZSUb4fY4riBftVYm1y&ust=1603277081965000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCNC2xtn-wuwCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

It really is time to step back, and try to understand the way we are being manipulated and controlled. There is a great temptation to take the easy way out, but it catches up on you later. You can kick the can down the road and back again, but eventually it will destroy your shoes.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 05:32:40 PM

why should a healthy person be bothered about the virus
Empathy? A healthy person may suffer only mild symptoms, but can act as a carrier, and kill people.

if they are not healthy, then they should fix their health problems? We shouldn't be penalised because of their stupidity or lack of will power.
example, Alexander the Great.
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 05:36:01 PM

Plastic is protection against droplets, not aerosols.

have you ever ventured out your house, gone to the beach and use one of those plastic windbreaks.
this is not a rain defender its an air redirecter. yep it stops aerosols

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 05:45:41 PM

I understand that the Covid virus had a RNA clip added to allow it to spread via aerosols. It was created to allow maximum infection with minimum fatalities,

you misnderstand facts and physics

physics:
adding length to a covid virus makes it too big to be held by aerosols.
take ebola/hiv. its a larger virus too large for aerosols. which is why its only transmitted by fluid exchange

facts:
the physical size of sar 2 is no bigger then over corona viruses.
they actually studied the rna of covid and compared it. and they even bothered to see if there were any markers that suggest 'clipping' occured.
they did not find any clipping. thus not lab made.
they did however see that the RNA has natural evolution parts.
so in the smallest of chance it was lab origin. guess what it was not done by splicing/clipping rna. it would have to have been done in a similar way of selective breeding process. by putting a pangolin into a box and spray it with 2 viruses and hope one day they mute into a new strain..
but this small chance is then ruled out because they can see how it muted over the years via wild animals

i know you cant understand wilderness, randomness, nature, but it does actually happen. its why pigs and cows are given antivirals because they can spread disease in the farms
its why when you see a dead wild animal on the road you should not pick it up and definitely not lick it with your base skin. because nature is actually more brutal than what you think

mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2020, 06:43:56 PM

~ taken things out of context like MSM ~
I should've said it meant to be a tool to protect the staff against droplets, not aerosols. Because under normal circumstances, this virus doesn't spread via airborne aerosols.
If you worry about airborne infection, plastic won't help if there are small openings or ventilation.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 09:06:15 PM

~ taken things out of context like MSM ~
I should've said it meant to be a tool to protect the staff against droplets, not aerosols. Because under normal circumstances, this virus doesn't spread via airborne aerosols.
If you worry about airborne infection, plastic won't help if there are small openings or ventilation.

droplets.. aerosols.. air
airborne=air ..dont worry about open air of people 100m away.
aerosols=normal breath.. yes be concerned. so just dont spend lengthy time near people breathing near you
droplets=cough, sneezes.. yes be concerned. so avoid getting coughed and sneezed in the face or being near to get the spray

i know your trying to appropriate the 'airborne' term to make it seem as if it doesnt travel on breath. but peoples breath is an aerosol. and it can be spread by people breathing.

just not going to be something that lingers in the air for large distance and large timescales

try not to confuse airborne vs aerosol.
remember airborne means lingers in the air.. such as how carbon stays in the atmosphere.. but thats different to the aerosols emitted from pressurised lungs exhaling breath

if you look at a smoker. get them to exhale their smoke towards someones face 2mb away. and then put a plastic panel or even a beach windbreak between them and then get them to exhale smoke in the same direction and see that there is a difference of how much gets to the other person

yes the plastic panel is even better as a shield for cough and sneeze droplets. but dont try to suggest plastic is useless for breaths and stop pretending that breathing cant transfer virus

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: