Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:16:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to my bitcoin if I die today?  (Read 3663 times)
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 05:41:21 PM

secrecy would be one of the best things but indeed on the other hand we also have to think about unexpected conditions and events like this death.
maybe it would be better when you tell your partner or indeed what you trust with but with this note can be accessed when you are dead.
I think it will be better like that because if it is not like this then your assets will be lost,
or maybe you can make a will and keep it by a notary in the hope that when you are gone this can be conveyed to someone you trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Turbolinea

Activity: 560
Merit: 57

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 05:45:59 PM

As far as I know, our coins are completely gone when we die on the condition that we didn't share the information of our wallet with someone else. Because there is no other way to recover our coins if we lose the sensitive information to access the wallet. There have been many people who forgot this information and couldn't get access as of then.
coinism

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 05:53:49 PM

secrecy would be one of the best things but indeed on the other hand we also have to think about unexpected conditions and events like this death.
maybe it would be better when you tell your partner or indeed what you trust with but with this note can be accessed when you are dead.
I think it will be better like that because if it is not like this then your assets will be lost,
or maybe you can make a will and keep it by a notary in the hope that when you are gone this can be conveyed to someone you trust.

Some call it a limitation of BTC, that it's not transferred to your next of kin like your fiat bank account. Nonetheless, it's an issue with BTC and we all must accept it and do remedial measures i.e. share passwords, secret keys with the person of our trust in case we die. Whether one likes it or not that's the only solution.
sherenikaw

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

rocket.hashbon.com

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 10:33:28 PM

we have to realize that we can't live forever so we really have to think about this. Personally, I trust my family more if one day I die, namely my child. so as much as possible when my child grows up, make sure I give him an understanding of the crypto world so that if this happens I can leave my assets for my child to continue. whether it can be continued well or not but at least I will give them the knowledge and training so that they can do it well someday.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Swapzone_pr

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 08:16:59 AM

If you pass away right now without leaving anyone the private key, your bitcoins effectively become inaccessible to anyone. It's like, if you leave your private key behind without a clear explanation of what it is and how to use it, your bitcoins are likely to stay lost. So it's better you access bitcoin while you’re alive.
chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 10:53:13 PM

if you keep it a secret forever and have no intention to giving the password to your closest or loved ones then bitcoin will continue to exist in your wallet forever and no one can use it anymore. in reality we need someone else to replace us when we die so that bitcoin can still be put to good use later. whether it's the closest person or who can be trusted to be able to access it later. we believe that bitcoin will develop in the future so use it well so that in the future the people closest to us can also use it well.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
lelahenderson

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 06:24:19 AM

If you have a fear of losing your Bitcoin when you die, it’s better to share the details of your wallet with your close ones. So that you don’t lose it and they can at least take advantage of it.
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
November 08, 2021, 08:47:34 AM
Merited by tyz (3)

That's a very difficult question. Like you said yourself with cryptos it is all about privacy and security. There are so many scammers and hackers out there that storing our information openly so our loved ones can find it is not an option, the security risk is just too high. There are two issues here, first we need to store the actual password and seed to access the wallet and secondly we probably need to give a manual for our loved ones how to actual access the coins. Giving access while we are still alive might not be the best idea because they could just take some coins if they need money.
The two savest ways would be to store all the information in a bank private box or with a lawyer if we make our will. If we have other important things to store than a private box at a bank would be the best approach. In the case of our death our loved ones would be contacted and they can access the box. It won't be a free service but depending on the size of our portfolio it's an important thing to do.
noah tall

Activity: 524
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 11:34:22 AM

most of decentralized just like Bitcoins are a virtual form of money protected by unbreakable cryptography. This attribute makes it a secure way to store wealth but also creates a big risk that if  Bitcoin owners die, their digital fortune will be out of reach foreve.

Marykeller

Activity: 1064
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2021, 12:34:25 PM
Merited by tyz (1)

This has been the issue bothering me for quite some time now. I find it hard to disclose my private keys to a close family member cos humans are unpredictable when they have access to your assets. Nobody to be trusted giving out my private keys to cos those close to me have thought me an unforgettable lesson that I can't forget so easily. That's why I do trade my Bitcoin or altcoin immediately whenever I see good profits

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
andriarto

Activity: 1344
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 09, 2021, 02:15:59 PM

That's a very difficult question. Like you said yourself with cryptos it is all about privacy and security. There are so many scammers and hackers out there that storing our information openly so our loved ones can find it is not an option, the security risk is just too high. There are two issues here, first we need to store the actual password and seed to access the wallet and secondly we probably need to give a manual for our loved ones how to actual access the coins. Giving access while we are still alive might not be the best idea because they could just take some coins if they need money.
The two savest ways would be to store all the information in a bank private box or with a lawyer if we make our will. If we have other important things to store than a private box at a bank would be the best approach. In the case of our death our loved ones would be contacted and they can access the box. It won't be a free service but depending on the size of our portfolio it's an important thing to do.
A will is the right choice to bequeath our assets so that they can be accessed by those closest to us, so that even though we are gone, we can still provide a good life for our family. you can imagine if our family can't access it, then the assets we have seem closed forever and can't be used, because no one knows our private key

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Azar138

Activity: 868
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 12:21:11 PM

Literally bitcoin details remain secret and personal to me. If I continue to keep my details secret of what use would it be to me when I’m no more and my love ones can’t benefit from my bitcoin? Here is my question what happens to the bitcoin of someone who died and didn’t disclose his/her wallet details to anyone? please I need response . Would the bitcoin be abandoned in the wallet forever?? Would it be a waste of bitcoin?

Actually, your bitcoins will be left in your wallet and nobody will have an access to them. You should write your seed phrase on a paper and tell your loved how to connect to your wallet and how to sell bitcoin if necessary, so make your family aware of crypto currency so that they will be able to benefit from your bitcoin and so as to increase their financial literacy.

WapSwap Finance - World's First Chain Balancing Token (CBT)
WEBSITE WHITEPAPER TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM ANN

DewiKirana

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2021, 02:32:46 PM

If you die and still keep the wallet key containing Bitcoin secret from your closest family without inheriting it, you can be sure that your family will never be able to access your Bitcoin wallet forever.
If Bitcoin is never transferred from one wallet to another, it will continue to settle in the original wallet. Therefore, it is recommended to back up your Bitcoin wallet info and tell the family you trust in case you die, so that your Bitcoin wallet can be used by your family.
RiskySanchez

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 04:09:04 PM

Forever your bitcoins will always be in your wallet and you have to tell your secret phrase to your family if you want to die :p , give all your data information to people you trust. seriously you make this question topic like you want to die dude,

Swap & Trade Tokens, Enjoy Great Yield & APYs
▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬  PUFFY FINANCE  ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬
▬▬▬JOIN PRIVATE SALE▬▬▬ >>Early Opportunity<<▬▬▬
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 04:28:15 PM

Forever your bitcoins will always be in your wallet and you have to tell your secret phrase to your family if you want to die :p , give all your data information to people you trust. seriously you make this question topic like you want to die dude,

Bitcoin is like any other asset, if no one knows then bitcoin can't be useful for our family, from now on we have to introduce bitcoin to people we trust, death can come anytime and if we can give big things to the family of course they will be grateful thanks to those of us who have served.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 05:02:08 PM

Bitcoin is like any other asset, if no one knows then bitcoin can't be useful for our family, from now on we have to introduce bitcoin to people we trust, death can come anytime and if we can give big things to the family of course they will be grateful thanks to those of us who have served.
Sometimes if we explain to parents, but they seem to refuse even though by understanding crypto, they will know and be able to carry out supervision of the assets we have.  To be honest, until now, I have never taken the assets in my wallet so that if I die, it will be transferred to my family. But before transfer to the other school. Please control their action.
D-law

Activity: 672
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 10, 2021, 05:27:37 PM

The bitcoin is gone since nobody can claim it,but if they can fine.
But in actual sense no one can claim your bitcoin since they don't have access to your private keys.
It will remain in your wallet for a long period of time,until a person lucky enough gets the keys to the wallet.

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 09:22:02 AM

Of course it will be forever in your wallet if no one else you gave access before. it's the same as the case out there, there are many people who are still alive and have it but forget their own private key and cannot access it. I think it's important to give a duplicate of our private key to the closest person we trust the most to avoid wasting bitcoins
CDC AP

Activity: 463
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 04:10:18 PM

This is what I am thinking about. When I die, what happens to my bitcoin earned in trading and signature campaigns. Well, in order for me to solve this. I printed already my private keys and stored them where my mother knew. I told her the place where my keys to be found. But the problem is, she is not techy savvy because old people has gaps when it comes to technology (aside from jet cash). Well, it does not matter because I said to her that my money is stored in my keys.
Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 11, 2021, 04:45:15 PM

human death is inevitable, when this realization came to my mind i decided to share all of my wallet private key with someone in my family,

so that still now my key's are compromised with my sisters (although in the beginning his knowledge was zero in crypto). i would prefer we should take like this decision that you can ensure the security of your money even after your death.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: