Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:44:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PayPal might issue its own cryptocurrency soon, says CoinShares exec  (Read 326 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 04:28:29 PM

Paypal could issue their own token, I have no issue about it, but I think will likely be a security token because for now they have no product just exploring he space and the main question will be will it be tradable on exchanges like Binance, if yes then it would bring alot of new money to the space
I do not really think this is on the cards for now, the executives of PayPal are smart, they can see what happened to Libra and they are going to wonder if that is going to happen to them as well and most likely they can figure out the answer to that is a big yes, so unless they have better connections than Facebook, something that I doubt, then they are not going to be able to do something like this.

However this should not detract from our happiness that from now on you will be able to deal with cryptocurrencies directly with PayPal as it was not long ago they had a complete prohibition for this and anyone found doing business with cryptocurrencies found their account banned.
Psynthax

Activity: 2338
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 03:37:24 AM

Paypal could issue their own token, I have no issue about it, but I think will likely be a security token because for now they have no product just exploring he space and the main question will be will it be tradable on exchanges like Binance, if yes then it would bring alot of new money to the space
Probably the kind of stablecoin since these kind of big companies aren't really intersted on making profit based on volatility. I do agree that Paypal as of now is still just trying to explore and see if there's any potential in it. Whether the answer is yes or not we'll find out when they invest more into their crypto project.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
khiholangkang

Activity: 2058
Merit: 570

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 06:41:02 AM

If paypal is really making their own coin, I think this is a very good thing because it will create a huge mass adoption, and make the crypto marketcap even bigger.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 06:53:23 AM

I wonder what kind of function can they create for their token. Adding well-known cryptocurrency can add appeal to their platform. I hope they can provide better security if ever they are planning to integrate crypto, since there are a lot of people who's credit card is being used Paypal due to their linient security system.
Malam90

Activity: 1099
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 02:46:46 PM

Global digital payment giant PayPal might be moving into issuing its own cryptocurrency after officially entering the crypto industry, according to a major industry exec.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/paypal-might-issue-its-own-cryptocurrency-soon-says-coinshares-exec

They haven't officially said anything yet but they may launch their own crypto soon. Already Paypal declared that paypal users from now can buy, sell, hold 4 cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin and Bitcoincash). It is a great step and good news also for the crypto lovers. Other payment methods will think about crypto adaption from now as their leader Paypal already done it. So what Paypal has done will open a new dimension in the cryptocurrency sector.
bluebit25

Activity: 1680
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2020, 04:03:17 PM

And this will when Paypal is really one of the giants when it comes to this field, I am envisioning paypal having its own token and I think its value could completely be in the top 10, that's just is my humble mindset, looking at the amount of online payments you will understand why this will be the start of a huge boom from this market.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 04:11:11 PM

And this will when Paypal is really one of the giants when it comes to this field, I am envisioning paypal having its own token and I think its value could completely be in the top 10, that's just is my humble mindset, looking at the amount of online payments you will understand why this will be the start of a huge boom from this market.
although like that I think there is still no guarantee that what you say is true, because to make the price of a coin enter the top 10 it has a lot of money and of course it must have a project that can be used by many people so that it will increase usage and will make the coin into the top 10.

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 04:18:11 PM

If this will happen, then it will be good for the entire cryptocurrency sphere, and in general it will bring a huge amount of money to PayPal itself and PayPal will get even more popularity, so I hope that PayPal is really going to create its own cryptocurrency, and I am sure that this cryptocurrency will have huge demand.
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 06:11:00 PM

The question is what will be the purpose of those tokens they already have their own currency in PayPal having theses tokens will make it difficult to choose what they will use the tokens or the main currency in the platform . They to make it usable not only for their platform but for the people that also looking forward to what kind of development they can do in that token.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 08, 2020, 07:29:05 PM

It's already part of the idea that they have adopted crypto.

Although it's still unknown until they've fully announced that they will be launching their own crypto soon. They see the idea as an effective additional source of profit for them and a market which they can build easily.

On top of that, we have to wait until it comes from them.

Soon, more gigantic companies and payment systems will also get and use their own cryptocurrencies, and deal with Bitcoin as well. The world has been changing very rapidly. And these changes speed is growing all the time. All need to be ready for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: