Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:11:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is N-Scrypt.. really worth considering? looks full of flaws logically...  (Read 5614 times)
AlterMiner

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:41:00 AM

If somebody has ASICs for Scrypt then he has butthurt by Scrypt-N. Very good.  Grin
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/212ksm/bliss_devices_ceo_says_their_asics_can_change/cg90upb
Hi Guys
This is interesting but by no means alarming, I have just spoken with the rest of the team and here are our thoughts.
Vertcoin has never claimed its impossible for ASIC’s to mine Nfactor it does however make it more difficult, with that said Vertcoin has said that it will do everything in it’s powers to remain ASIC resistant.
We have a number of measures in our arsenal to stop these ASIC’s in their tracks, could they spend a year and invest millions to mine Vertcoin? the answer is probably yes, in response would we change Vertcoin to make the time and investment worthless? most definitely yes.
We could hard fork now and make these claims redundant but we think that its best to keep our cards to our chest and keep them second guessing, this isn’t bravado this is protecting all of our investments and helping to maximise our strategy that continues to be keeping vert coin ASIC resistant.
Paul talks on this matter in his recent interview with David Seaman so check it out.
Keep holding on to your nuggets and enjoy the ride.
Best
Webbs for Team Vertcoin
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:49:18 AM

I wasn't really aiming that at you to begin with but now it seems more relevant.

Show me many accounts of this "shady person on the internet" that robbed someone out of asic money that never roi, frankly every asic i have ever bought and i own bfl mini rigs also have all gained roi
and the ones i revived recently are looking to roi within a few months...to normal people that is fine...most of you fools seem to think that money should fall out of the sky for you and you should get a return on you investment within weeks at close to 40% interest..well you are in the wrong game for that to happen constantly and should go get into the lending game

Fact is mainstreamer don't give a fuck about the shit you're justifying your cries over. They want a bloody plug and play device thats in a damn box they don't have to build, they certainly don't give a shit their $1,500 for 8mh wont arrive until october and wont roi for at least 4 months, any profit is profit to smart people, you seem like a bunch of spoil little brats that to me really haven't ever come into money like you have in this space or worked a hard bloody day in your lifes. You certainly cant be over the age of 25 or else you would at least understand how hard it is to save and how long it would normally take an investment to mature

You kids, and some immature adults need to do a bit of learning and stop chasing massive profits in this space right now..its so dead i cant even begin to explain how fucking diluted and dead this space is right now because most of you came into it when there was hype and or have forgotten where its been in its past and how much work still needs to be done here

Im ranting because i've had just about enough of watching you bloody fools head towards the meat mincer, you are all sending yourself to hell in such a way your enjoying the ride and its just bonkers to watch you all do this

You have pushed, just about every decnet dev out of this scene because of the total lack of quality, they wont talk to you they wont show their face in this sub forum because its just full of fucking cry baby miner cunts and its time to stop the shit..the buck stops here and until you cunts clean up your acts we will never have an decent devs show their faces nor will they ever waste their time here!

Stop going on and on and on about new coins and algos and arguing in threads about utter garbage and start fucking making money the real way!!! do something that is productive, stop refreshing your pool page to see if you are getting max shares, start making services and working with one another to make useful sites and market this place some instead of crying on about how asic is going to ruin the world

People don't want to have to spend time here trying to figure out how to setup a gpu miner nor the cost that is involved they just want shit like a plug and play device that prints money. Shit they even want usb miners to feel like they are contributing to this space! they certainly don't want to come here and find out they have to fucking watch the forums day and night to know what bloddy coin to mine so they can gain
any kind of return...Stop turning this place into a wasteland and start taking some ownership of it treat it right and for fucks sake stop supporting any kind of new algo especially scrypt-n bullshit thats power hungry and gpu intensive get a fucking grip on yoruslefs. Your new shitcoin is not going to take over btc and ltc so stop dreaming it will!

You do realize that mainstream people are not even bothering with SHA256 ASICs, right? You realize that mainstream people entered this game AFTER Doge came in with easy to mine with GPU currency?
You do realize that MANY miners are mainstream people that just wanted to pay back a part of their investment in a high end gaming GPU?
Ofc the rich investors with millions to invest will focus on ASICs, but those guys have the connections and the capital to invest in SHA256 ASICs, so they have no reason to care about Scrypt ASICs...

Take your 430kh and don't ever reply to my posts again you stupid little girl! This is a conversation between adults. You have no clue what you're re talking about.
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:39:39 PM

Take your 430kh and don't ever reply to my posts again you stupid little girl! This is a conversation between adults. You have no clue what you're re talking about.

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
kevorsen

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

I find this topic interesting.

I have always found myself split between what ASIC does for a coin...

I think it is 'fair' to say it goes both ways.

in the end, we all all learn something Smiley
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:51:02 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2014, 08:31:01 AM by HR

N-scrypt is pointless cause all it does, it destroy the next work hash rate for potential hacking.

a network needs hashrates.
the higher the N goes, the few people will mine.

people who wants it, uses ASIC, mine LTC/Doge, and buy whatever currency they need.
Sounds like a good plan if you want a coin to get a high pump value. true to that.

BUT, you do this in the cost of having no one using ASIC at you to secure your network.

eventually when every coin has 50Gh/s and you have only 2Gh/s?  You will be known as the coin with the least security.
Or people will think so, then one single incident will cause people to dump the coin into oblivion. At least, there's a risk of that.

ASIC, is a GOOD thing people.
A coin is not suppose to be hard to mine,
it is suppose to be secured.

Ultimated, the Devs and the community decides the fate.
not ASIC or not.

No ASIC = natural order ever increasing diff = achieved planned scarcity = stable HIGHER PRICES = same or more number of miners securing the network = truly stable and viable decentralized and secure coin.

A decentralized and secure cryptocurrency.

The coin that sticks to the original game plan will reach its full potential.

zmhaha

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 08:50:49 AM

N-scrypt is pointless cause all it does, it destroy the next work hash rate for potential hacking.

a network needs hashrates.
the higher the N goes, the few people will mine.

people who wants it, uses ASIC, mine LTC/Doge, and buy whatever currency they need.
Sounds like a good plan if you want a coin to get a high pump value. true to that.

BUT, you do this in the cost of having no one using ASIC at you to secure your network.

eventually when every coin has 50Gh/s and you have only 2Gh/s?  You will be known as the coin with the least security.
Or people will think so, then one single incident will cause people to dump the coin into oblivion. At least, there's a risk of that.

ASIC, is a GOOD thing people.
A coin is not suppose to be hard to mine,
it is suppose to be secured.

Ultimated, the Devs and the community decides the fate.
not ASIC or not.

your claim is true for a Scrypt-N coin that has a increase-the-N in every few months.
It is true that every time the N increases by 1, the net hash rate drops about to half, but that is given the total miner stays the same with their current mining equipments.
So you think people would still be using R9 cards when N is 32ish, which is about year 2694 for Vertcoin.

The N schedule just means nothing to you, does it.
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 09:06:19 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2014, 12:11:49 PM by El Dude

Scrypt-n over before it even started. LOL

Scrypt Asic Manufacturer BlissDevices will use configurable parameters to mine Scrypt-N coins (Yacoin, Vertcoin, Execoin)

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoMarkets/comments/2182di/scrypt_asic_manufacturer_blissdevices_will_use/

Yep and each ASIC will cost you 10000 $.

You can manufacture any asic yes that is true but the cost are just to high just for some coins that trade at 2 $

You are just mad that all the investors are jumping off the Litecoin train... always the same story with El Dude.

Jumping off the Litecoin train ,you say , that's why I dropped more then a 100 spots on the litecoin rich list.The top 100 are scooping up the cheap Ltc while everyone here is distracted by all these shitcoins.

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 10:02:24 AM

Scrypt will be completely abandoned and only remembered as a short lived stone age technology.
The whole concept of Scrypt is retarded and obsolete, and Scrypt-N and all the other variants are even worse, get over it.

BTC and LTC are both failed concepts, but you would never admit it.
What happened to your holy decentralized Bitcoin? It ended up in the hands of a few.
They gave a bad name to crypto currencies in general.
Reality will strike you pretty soon. Bend over and happy bag holding!

Look at all the crap coins released these days. You see anything Scrypt there?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:13:25 PM

Scrypt will be completely abandoned and only remembered as a short lived stone age technology.
The whole concept of Scrypt is retarded and obsolete, and Scrypt-N and all the other variants are even worse, get over it.

What happened to your holy decentralized Bitcoin? It ended up in the hands of a few.

How could the two top coins with the highest market caps be failed concepts Huh

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 12:56:25 PM

Because you had 5 years and all the capital in the world to bring some innovation to the table, but all you were doing was lining your pockets.
And the direction of developments made were just to secure that status.
You and your crowd gave cryptos a bad name. Totally funky image.
More and more unusable as an everyday financial instrument.
It failed already, but most of you just won't acknowledge.

So another breed of cryptos is evolving. All you do is insist, bashing, distorting, throwing tabloid propaganda.
You still have time to shift, but not for very much longer. There is a mudslide coming your way.
The liquidity could vanish in days. What you had going for you with a very big leverage, could turn against you even stronger.
Whoever is going to invest in crypto is certainly not throwing any more money at Bitcoin or Litecoin.

We need fresh air in an already stinking, crooked market.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 02:45:44 PM

Because you had 5 years and all the capital in the world to bring some innovation to the table, but all you were doing was lining your pockets.
And the direction of developments made were just to secure that status.
You and your crowd gave cryptos a bad name. Totally funky image.
More and more unusable as an everyday financial instrument.
It failed already, but most of you just won't acknowledge.

So another breed of cryptos is evolving. All you do is insist, bashing, distorting, throwing tabloid propaganda.
You still have time to shift, but not for very much longer. There is a mudslide coming your way.
The liquidity could vanish in days. What you had going for you with a very big leverage, could turn against you even stronger.
Whoever is going to invest in crypto is certainly not throwing any more money at Bitcoin or Litecoin.

We need fresh air in an already stinking, crooked market.

Sorry but you have rocks in your head Sir Richard Branson, Andreessen Horowitz, Barry Silbert, Peter Thiel, just to name a few and i'm going to go out on a limb here and assume they would all disagree with you and they are worth more then you could ever dream of being!

Time to kick back and let the seasoned investors take over...ever heard the saying stick to what you know..I'd say focus on mining your shitcoin and stay out of convos that have anything to do with money cause to me its clear that you are well disconnected and misinformed
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: