Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:10:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many LTC do you have frozen in Virurex?
less than 1 litecoin - 9 (17.3%)
1 to 10 litecoins - 3 (5.8%)
10 to 100  litecoins - 17 (32.7%)
100 to 1000 litecoins - 14 (26.9%)
more than 1000 litecoins - 9 (17.3%)
Total Voters: 52

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many LTC do you have frozen in [Vircurex]? Have they been unfrozen yet?  (Read 4163 times)
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:58:12 AM

How many more example of people losing coins by keeping them on an exchange do we need before people wise up?

I get it, newbs will always fall for this unless forewarned. But this is retarded. Obviously anyone who did their research would know that Vircurex was insolvent about a year ago after a supposed "hack" where they lost a lot coins.

My ltc was for sale that is why the hell it was on an exchange. How else you going to trade? 76 ltc btw.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justmyname

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:27:02 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 06:49:10 AM by justmyname

How many more example of people losing coins by keeping them on an exchange do we need before people wise up?

I get it, newbs will always fall for this unless forewarned. But this is retarded. Obviously anyone who did their research would know that Vircurex was insolvent about a year ago after a supposed "hack" where they lost a lot coins.

My ltc was for sale that is why the hell it was on an exchange. How else you going to trade? 76 ltc btw.

If you have them up there temporarily to do a trade or two, that's just bad luck. Leaving them up there for months or more thinking it's The Rock of Gibraltar is what were talking about.

I learned from Bitfloor. When done trading send all crypto's back to your storage pc. I didn't leave one nickel up on Vircurex after the trading was done within a few days.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 09:11:11 AM

There are other exchanges that trade LTC that have a better track record than vircurex. Looks like you didn't do your homework before using vircurex otherwise you would have known they were insolvent for months.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

alfabitcoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 10:24:52 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 10:59:34 AM by alfabitcoin

There are other exchanges that trade LTC that have a better track record than vircurex. Looks like you didn't do your homework before using vircurex otherwise you would have known they were insolvent for months.
Homework or not users got screwed and there will be always some with " i told you so" attutude.
Mtgox or vircurex would not exist if nobody used them and trusted them. If some was not affected by this due homework or whatever reason, at least stop rub them with smartass remarks - it won't help.
Have you post a thread with warning of vircurex solvency issues?
Why you as a hero member do not show or post something if you suspect this? Newbee learn on this forum and hero member voice are heard more then others! Would you cost you anything to share your homework on time? No, instead you post smartass remarks! I never used vircurex because I never need them. But if i had done my homework and had suspected this, with hero member status I would def voice my concerns!! This is even worst attitude then ''I told you so" - you did not!
What is a good exchange in your opinion nowdays to trade btc, ltc or other coins? ( no, dont answer, after such attitude I do not need any "advice" or will read your post ever again.)
Pimpmycoin

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

non può fare dump per sempre

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:11:59 PM

I had 2926 Litecoins in Vircurex!!    Two Thousend Nine Hundred and Twentysix    My life savings!!   Cry     Cry  I am gutted

I can imagine that I am one of the biggest holders there... so I should get coins back because they work with the drop down method to pay everybody back. So the highest balances should get first and also the lowest balances..  but I didn't see a single coin yet....

I can't believe this!!  Vircurex had a great reputation, also I really hope they will start to work together with another exchange !!   I was a member since around end of 2011. And always suported them on forums and so on...

Just because you are one of the bigger holders doesnt mean you should get preference. Wow just wow.  Roll Eyes

[    ] understand all

[ * ] understand nothing

stop post here your stupid lessons of life plz

"il  lungo termine è una guida fallace per gli affari correnti: nel lungo termine saremo tutti morti"
Pimpmycoin

Activity: 595

non può fare dump per sempre

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:24:40 PM

What is a good exchange in your opinion nowdays to trade btc, ltc or other coins? ( no, dont answer, after such attitude I do not need any "advice" or will read your post ever again.)

only in the last month exchanges with issue on their balance:

mtgox
vircurex
cryptotrade
cryptorush
poloniex
coinex
coinmarket.io

this is insane,

I'm bored of people and their life lessons.. obv only the day after

"il  lungo termine è una guida fallace per gli affari correnti: nel lungo termine saremo tutti morti"
cheezhead

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 01:37:11 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 03:36:04 PM by cheezhead

Homework or not users got screwed and there will be always some with " i told you so" attutude.
Mtgox or vircurex would not exist if nobody used them and trusted them. If some was not affected by this due homework or whatever reason, at least stop rub them with smartass remarks - it won't help.
Have you post a thread with warning of vircurex solvency issues?
Why you as a hero member do not show or post something if you suspect this? Newbee learn on this forum and hero member voice are heard more then others! Would you cost you anything to share your homework on time? No, instead you post smartass remarks! I never used vircurex because I never need them. But if i had done my homework and had suspected this, with hero member status I would def voice my concerns!! This is even worst attitude then ''I told you so" - you did not!

This is so true, alfa.  Anybody can be a Monday morning quarterback.  You're right, this isn't even an "I told you so" attitude because they didn't warn us ahead a time.  It's a "I didn't tell you when it could help but I'm telling you after the fact that I knew better back then" - sure you did.

I kept zero balances in all my Vircurex accounts.  When I traded, I always did it at market so I could get in and out in under an hour.  If my trade wasn't executed within an hour, I'd canceled it and transfer the funds back to my wallet.

On 3/21, I transfered Bitcoins to my account and traded them for LTC.  It required multiple trades and I had 443 LTC in my account within 45 minutes.  I literally sat by my computer until the last trade, then tried to transfer the LTC back to my wallet as soon as it showed up.  That's how I've conducted every transaction with any exchange.  I received the "pop-up" error when I tried to transfer back.  I alerted Vircurex to the problem and soon after, a post when up that they were aware of the problem and working on it.  I retried the transfer hundreds of times over the next few days using different computers, OS, and browsers - same error.

Of course, a few days later my 443 LTC are frozen and I'll never see them again.  They allowed me to deposit and trade with no forewarning they were going to seize my funds.  It's one thing to freeze a long standing account, another to accept a deposit knowing full well you plan to seize the funds and distribute them to someone else.  Vircurex resorted to stealing new desposits.  This is not bad business, this is criminal activity.

Kumala should not only be sued, he should be arrested.  

Does anyone have any personal information on this crook?
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:49:48 PM

only in the last month exchanges with issue on their balance:

mtgox
vircurex
cryptotrade
cryptorush
poloniex
coinex
coinmarket.io

add coins-e the to list
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 05:23:11 PM

I had 2926 Litecoins in Vircurex!!    Two Thousend Nine Hundred and Twentysix    My life savings!!   Cry     Cry  I am gutted

I can imagine that I am one of the biggest holders there... so I should get coins back because they work with the drop down method to pay everybody back. So the highest balances should get first and also the lowest balances..  but I didn't see a single coin yet....

I can't believe this!!  Vircurex had a great reputation, also I really hope they will start to work together with another exchange !!   I was a member since around end of 2011. And always suported them on forums and so on...

Why you have such volume of ltc stored on an exchange?
cheezhead

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

I contacted them after they realised someone stole coins.
May 10th 2013 - They wrote:
"We are in the process of analyzing the damage. But of course we will fund the losses out of our pockets. Most of the coins (>80%) are stored in cold wallets."

Kumala's lie about funding the loss from his own pockets has hurt a lot of people.

I've been pretty angry regarding what Kumala did but now I'm just heartbroken.  All I did was move some coins into Vircurex to trade them in late March and couldn't get them back.  Kumala claimed there was a technical error he was fixing but then he froze (stole) them.  He promised to make up his losses without affecting user accounts then went back on his word.  He claimed he was fixing a technical withdrawal issue and stole those funds too.  That second lie costs me a lot of money and heartache.  Here's why:

My autistic son will be graduating from high school in June.  It has been such a long journey for us and we are very proud he has made it.  My wife and I asked him what he wanted as a graduation gift and he said he'd like a cruise to Alaska.  Normally we could never afford that trip but I had enough cryptocurrency to just swing it.  I tried to trade the coins on Vircurex so I could monetize them.  Instead, Kumala stole them from me.  I've tried everything to get him to return them and he won't even respond to me.  Monday, I saw Kumala unfroze .00026808 LTC of my total of 450 LTCs.  I guess I was fooling myself thinking somehow I may get my coins but now I know I won't.  My wife recently cancelled our trip and today I told my son we can't go because someone stole the money. He was heartbroken and I was humiliated.  I'm now selling all of my mining equipment in the hope of raising some cash for a more modest trip.

I don't need sympathy and I certainly don't need people telling me it's my own fault for trading on Vircurex.  I just want people to know (especially Kumala) that what he did had real consequences for people.  Does Kumala realize when he steals people's coins it could effect their lives? 

I'm beyond upset now.  I'm heartbroken that he could be so callous as to steal people's wealth with no regard to how he is hurting them.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 10:58:32 PM

Looks like Vircurex has stolen some of my litecoins. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.

It was a calculated risk on my part. Its one of the oldest exchanges and so I had some faith in them and took a calculated risk so I could do some trading.

It was hardly my life savings, but it still pisses me off.

I'm grumpy!!
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 11:54:35 PM

My friend:   256 LTC .... frozen.   Ignoring emails from him requesting unfreeze.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BittBurger

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 12:01:27 AM

Looks like Vircurex has stolen some of my litecoins. I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention.

It was a calculated risk on my part. Its one of the oldest exchanges and so I had some faith in them and took a calculated risk so I could do some trading.

It was hardly my life savings, but it still pisses me off.

You mean your frozen balance has decreased and is still frozen?

-B-

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 03:47:42 AM

I had 2926 Litecoins in Vircurex!!    Two Thousend Nine Hundred and Twentysix    My life savings!!   Cry     Cry  I am gutted

I can imagine that I am one of the biggest holders there... so I should get coins back because they work with the drop down method to pay everybody back. So the highest balances should get first and also the lowest balances..  but I didn't see a single coin yet....

I can't believe this!!  Vircurex had a great reputation, also I really hope they will start to work together with another exchange !!   I was a member since around end of 2011. And always suported them on forums and so on...

Just because you are one of the bigger holders doesnt mean you should get preference. Wow just wow.  Roll Eyes

[    ] understand all

[ * ] understand nothing

stop post here your stupid lessons of life plz

How about no. I'll post how I see fit on a public forum.

Entitlement mentality = fail ...in this thread.

Especially if you believe if you had a bigger balance that you should get your coins first.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 03:51:30 AM

scam exchange imo.

kingscrown

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2014, 04:02:59 AM

they just stole your LTC. thats how it is Sad
btc - the most 'unknown' yet most 'legit' exchange is still up.
i trust tchem more than those 'new' things.

Arbitrageur

Activity: 556

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:51:55 AM

Remember; KUMALA never told HOW and WHEN he lost 100k ltc over the 25k that were already missing in 2013.

Total missing ltc: 125k NOW!
BittBurger

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 04:43:53 PM

Maybe I'm looking at this too simplistically but it seems to me that if they continue to be in business, they are continuing to generate some revenue, and there's every reason to believe they are slowly (at least ABLE to be) paying people back and unlocking funds. 

As long as this exchange stays online, something must be happening.   What is happening?

cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 10:00:45 PM

The lack of communication is the most unsettling. If he was honestly robbed - which is possible - the thing to do would be to pay everyone back a percentage on a regular basis. He should have weekly if not daily updates. He could ask for help.

The lack of communication generally means the BTC is gone.

That really leaves only ONE exchange that's been around since 2011 - BTCe. Its amazing that almost the entire first generation of exchanges all ended up folding - usually with their depositor's BTC.

I'm grumpy!!
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 12:33:48 AM

Well given that it has been three months and I have gotten .000000000 of my whopping 1 LTC back I'm thinking they are not making much progress on paying people back from their "profits."

I was really surprised by this default, I figured they had learned from some of their earlier mishaps.  I was wrong.

I also agree, no excuse for no communication or regular updates on how much has been paid back, etc.

Again, condolences to all who are out coins.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: