Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:55:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you really think crypto stand a chance agaisnt the financial system  (Read 716 times)
Sourhearrt

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 06:02:24 AM

Yes crypto stand a chance against banking and financial systems, some financial platforms have no choice but to embrace crypto today and some have already implement crypto payment solution, a good example is paypal and again CBDC is on its way

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 06:32:21 AM

Let's face the truth, it is only in theory that cryptocurrency is a threat to banks/financial system. In reality, the banking/financial system is so big that crypto's threat is not significant at all. Majority of cryptocurrency investors are not really interested in crypto replacing the traditional financial system, they are just interested in it creating enough hype for more people to get in so their investment can skyrocket.
Think of it, if crypto was really a huge threat, don't you think we would have enough regulation by now?? what is you opinion??
In general, it is so.  Cryptocurrency does not pose a threat to the global financial system, and a corresponding decision was made at the recent summit of the G7 countries.  Otherwise, the regulation of cryptocurrency would indeed be much stricter.  At the same time, decentralized cryptocurrency has never sought to replace the banking system or the currency of states.  She cannot do this.  The cryptocurrency will exist in parallel with the traditional currencies of states and complement its disadvantages.

cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 602

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2020, 06:37:50 AM

Let's face the truth, it is only in theory that cryptocurrency is a threat to banks/financial system. In reality, the banking/financial system is so big that crypto's threat is not significant at all. Majority of cryptocurrency investors are not really interested in crypto replacing the traditional financial system, they are just interested in it creating enough hype for more people to get in so their investment can skyrocket.
Think of it, if crypto was really a huge threat, don't you think we would have enough regulation by now?? what is you opinion??
In general, it is so.  Cryptocurrency does not pose a threat to the global financial system, and a corresponding decision was made at the recent summit of the G7 countries.  Otherwise, the regulation of cryptocurrency would indeed be much stricter.  At the same time, decentralized cryptocurrency has never sought to replace the banking system or the currency of states.  She cannot do this.  The cryptocurrency will exist in parallel with the traditional currencies of states and complement its disadvantages.

It's the regulation of cryptocurrency that will make people have doubts about it going mainstream because once CBDC coordinates with the government, the old system will be over but the newer that is put up by CBDC will have all the data of the unbanked who had been in crypto for awhile. The two financial systems can work together.

icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2020, 07:16:15 AM

Cryptocurrency is not supposed to be against the mainstream financial system. I don't think cryptocurrency can completely replace traditional cash, the bank might adopt cryptocurrency in the future, but it will be just like how they launch atm and credit card. There will still be an option to use casg money, and some people will still using cash. There are people who wouldn't adopt new technology, not just in the financial system, and the bank and other corporation cannot ignore them, they still are valuable customers.

desfira

Activity: 392
Merit: 14

CLEVERBOUNTY

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 08:16:33 AM

It seems that cryptocurency is not a threat to banks, I see that the ledger in cryptocurency called blockchain is an example for banks,
maybe the bank in the future will use blockchain to record all transactions

CLEVER BOUNTY
trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 08:42:56 AM

It is clear that traditional financial system is much more popular and in demand, but cryptocurrencies financial system appeared only recently and it is worth waiting for some more time and then cryptocurrencies will become much more popular and in demand, and in the future, cryptocurrencies will be able to replace traditional financial system.
plvbob0070
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 402

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 08:46:34 AM

Is crypto supposed to go against the current financial system or to replace them? Compared to the current financial system, there is a big gap with the adoption of cryptocurrency. The traditional system is still being trusted by the majority of the population and crypto is still way too far from it to become a threat. And for me, there's nothing wrong with that as long as I can use crypto and the current system at the same time. Crypto still needs a lot of time to achieve mass adoption but it doesn't mean it has to replace the traditional system.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 08:47:33 AM

Cryptocurrency aren't threat banks, it just another option for people who want freedom and don't want controlled by government. We're still need fiat money due to stable price rather than cryptocurrency (volatile). Imagine you only have Bitcoin worth for $100 and you buy an item cost $100. Since the price is extremely volatile, your Bitcoin changed to $99, $98, $97, $98, $97, $98 and so on. You need to wait until Bitcoin worth for $100 and you can't know when it will be, it make life complicated and wasting time.
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 10:32:24 AM

That's true. The fiat system cannot be broken.
But, have you also considered why the hell are we talking about it now?
That also means something right? That means it is recognized. It means it is being seen and could really make a big change.
They just don't want to admit it just yet.
Pride? Evil intention? Like they cannot apply their traditional corrupted thievery.  Grin
Governments will try to avoid regulations for years just to keep their pockets filled.
Nivia1st

Activity: 821
Merit: 100

Volare.network

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 10:46:52 AM

from the start crypto was not a threat to centralized finance. it's hard to shake this outdated system. but crypto is arguably an alternative for those who are disappointed with the current financial system. if crypto is used as the main choice there will be no more privileges. there will be no anonymity, no more decentralization, and everything will appear centralized in time.

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 03:33:37 PM

No, but I do know that the financial system is evolving into digital forms, even integrating cryptocurrencies into their system. I really don't see any competitions between them to be honest. I see them as tools, coexisting to make the life of people more convenient. Who knows, we might even see the day where every fiat currency has their own decentralized stablecoin (a pipedream, I know).
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 04:54:32 PM

Some people want to believe crypto is here to replace the banking institutions but to me I see it as a very hard if not impossible task to accomplished, we aren't talking about an organisation of few years in existence, we are talking about an organisation that is nearly as old as humanity, I like to be realistic, there is very slim chance crypto will get to that level, I know btc is playing such a good role as an alternative payment but there is more to just making payment,
Even if this will happen, certainly not any time soon.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 04:56:55 PM

My opinion is, I do not think Crypto is a threat to traditional financial system, rather it is argumenting or supporting a good section of finance and that is the digital aspect of it, before now one cannot send funds to friends and families around the world without going through the bank and paying high fees for it, but now it can be done with Bitcoin and so on. Also, another point is, crypto cannot be a threat to traditional financial system because traditional financial system is backed by the government, and anything fully backed by the government comes with huge support, and since it can  also be controlled by the government, they will do everything possible to keep it growing above crypto.
However, the truth still stand that, crypto has come to stay with us and will continue providing support to the traditional financial system always just like already stated and at the same time, keeping people abreast of what the future holds.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 05:17:28 PM

Crypto wasn't created to be a threat to banking industry, it was created to be a threat to fiat currency. Banks could always just take crypto as well and move on with their life without a problem. Look at paypal accepting bitcoin right now for example, that shows how financial industry has started to accept bitcoin and that could be just the start. So, banks could just accept fiat like they have always done, and could move towards accepting crypto alongside fiat as well.

Remember banks were taking gold to their vault back in the day, it wasn't just a small thing neither because we are talking about thousands of gold coins in vaults and that was a risky thing back in the day, one battle or war there and all of that money could have been lost. What did they do? Moved to paper, which now moved to digital, so they could easily move to crypto as well.

nebuch

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 05:46:26 PM

things happen in life for better place not for devastating world. Crypto will not kill the financial system rather in some areas it will help to make things improve and in convenient benefits. Also in some cases crypto system may threaten the financial system due to peoples choice to invest. Bitcoin and fiat should goes together to a better world.
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
November 15, 2020, 09:06:20 PM

while crypto isn't taking over traditional or offline payment systems, I don't think that's a problem. precisely when the banking system is willing to cooperate with crypto to develop online payments with simpler, faster, easier and cheaper methods, it will benefit both parties and consumers more.
Just the way of PayPal, imagine PayPal gaining more customers from crypto communities and vice versa. That's a win for the both parties but whenever i heard influencers says bitcoin will do to Banks what email do to postal service, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Cryptocurrency replacing banking system is just like saying Gold is replacing Banks which really sound ridiculous.
Banks has vault where tons of Gold are been save, wouldn't it be wise for them to give crypto services and be win for both parties. Bitcoin aren't taking down banks and vice versa.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 09:05:58 AM

I don't think that cryptocurrency is against the financial system because cryptocurrency serves as the best solution for the alternative financial system to save our assets from further collapse. Like what happened this year of 2020, the stock market and banking system have suffered from the coronavirus crisis, but the crypto market, especially bitcoin, still manages to have a stable value.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 09:07:10 AM

I think crypto is not a threat to financial systems and I don't even think they aim to raise banks because as far as I know crypto is a good investment for investors here and one of its goals is to provide convenient to people by using digital payments for things or products they want. Therefore crypto's capability should not be compared to banking institutions because they have a huge difference impacting to people.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2020, 11:42:53 AM

I still believe, because crypto is the future of the world's financial system. sooner or later banks around the world will start adopting blockchain technology. They knew from the start the benefits of this technology, but the problem was regulation. If the regulations are clear, there will be nothing that people will not accept crypto.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
November 16, 2020, 02:10:03 PM

Replacing the financial system is the dream of many people. They want to change the current system which is centralized and manipulated by governments and big companies. And as the result, the wealth gap has become larger.

However, I disagree with this thought. Cryptos do have the power to change our world and replace the centralization, but that will not happen. As time goes by, I witness that crypto (especially bitcoin) is becoming a part of this system in a positive way because they not only reunite but they also meliorate the system. People have more opportunities to earn money and limitless power in the market
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: