April 18, 2024, 09:17:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: S
N
Y
M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GiveCoin - [X11 Darkcoin descendant-KGW] CHARITY THROUGH CRYPTOGRAPHY  (Read 59468 times)
yang5034

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 07:09:19 PM

it seems good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GivecoinDan

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2014, 11:40:42 PM

https://twitter.com/sparekeymn/status/455788427292585984/photo/1

Thanks guys  Smiley
wxyzups

Activity: 138

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:15:29 AM

I think the publicity is not in place, and the price is too low, mainly due to the impact of this currency
GivecoinDan

Activity: 13

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:56:18 AM

I think the publicity is not in place, and the price is too low, mainly due to the impact of this currency

Well, we certainly want to hear from the community and set this up to be as positively impactful as we can. We've been reaching out to dozens and dozens of different charities, trying to get feedback and build up some partnerships; if only to spread the name. Is there anything specific you have in mind that you feel we should be mindful of or try? I'm always open to sharing ideas with the team, I just want to hear them!
MinerP

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:23:34 AM

Well, we certainly want to hear from the community and set this up to be as positively impactful as we can. We've been reaching out to dozens and dozens of different charities, trying to get feedback and build up some partnerships; if only to spread the name. Is there anything specific you have in mind that you feel we should be mindful of or try? I'm always open to sharing ideas with the team, I just want to hear them!
this coin is about donations so i would suggest miners to actually DONATE. this is why i asked for a total(s) display of donated gives. want to see if miners are actually donating. think of donating as free advertisment. ppl within the charties will talk about givecoin if a good amount has been collected. so instead of putting up sell orders under 200 sats. donate and hold. day 3 and miners are complaining already ffs.

also i would suggest showing the charities on as the homepage for the website and having mining on a seperate tab. this coin is about donating first not mining.

edit*
and if pools operators could choose one charity of their choice and the 1% donation that is donated to the pool will go to the charity of their choice. more if not all miners will donate then. a page showing the charity of choice and links to showing the donations made to the charity. this would be good for the coin something different.
Echoenigma

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:34:06 AM

Are you giveing coins?what I need to do to get it?
Givatoshi_Moremoto (OP)

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:38:17 AM

this coin is about donations so i would suggest miners to actually DONATE. this is why i asked for a total(s) display of donated gives. want to see if miners are actually donating. think of donating as free advertisment. ppl within the charties will talk about givecoin if a good amount has been collected. so instead of putting up sell orders under 200 sats. donate and hold. day 3 and miners are complaining already ffs.

also i would suggest showing the charities on as the homepage for the website and having mining on a seperate tab. this coin is about donating first not mining.

edit*
and if pools operators could choose one charity of their choice and the 1% donation that is donated to the pool will go to the charity of their choice. more if not all miners will donate then. a page showing the charity of choice and links to showing the donations made to the charity. this would be good for the coin something different.

Yes, Donating rather than dumping is the key to success of this coin. I have donated 500 Gives to every charities that adopted and have been suggested(15% of my earning), with personally mined coins. I would suggest everyone to set a small percentage 5-10% of mined coins and donate to any of the listed charities. more donations will make this coin stronger and more valuable.

We're also talking to 2 more charities who are considering adopting Givecoin. more charities will follow if the price is maintained at a higher level. so please stop dumping.
Givatoshi_Moremoto (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 04:39:46 AM

Are you giveing coins?what I need to do to get it?

If you suggest charity, we will donate 500 Gives to that charity from our personal wallet. If you bring in charities that adopts give coin, you will receive 1000 Give and that charity will receive 500 Give.
maxsinner

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:08:36 PM

Is it possible to hardfork to PoW/PoS? First ever X11 PoW/PoS coin will get a lot of buzz...
Givatoshi_Moremoto (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 08:49:52 PM

Is it possible to hardfork to PoW/PoS? First ever X11 PoW/PoS coin will get a lot of buzz...

We're considering that option, but it's not simple process as adding some codes, it is pretty complicated change since we have to deal with previous mined blocks as pow. We will keep you updated regarding the fork to pow/pos

Minority_Report

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:18:12 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2014, 11:41:42 PM by Minority_Report

First ever X11 PoW/PoS coin will get a lot of buzz...

YeaBaby, that would be one to get into - as long as it was done a bit more like ZeitCoin than BC. Like bigger year 1 PoS than BC (at least 15%), big initial PoW rewards like ZC, but sloping off a bit gentler. If it was done right - no scam/shit coin, no big premine/instamine, definitely no IPO, then I'd mine it with all 4.3Gh/s I have until the rewards dropped off, then multipool to buy more.

What is really needed right now is a long-term coin for the 'little guys' - but the old-timers would do everything they can to kill it, I'll bet my last BolloxCoin on that Wink

Whether a hard fork on GiveCoin is even possible, well that's one for the tech-heads. Whether it's desirable? Maybe.

For now, this coin is the best there is - easy mining, and the commercial coin-farms don't get to play. Not much 'buzz' about it yet, so the day-traders aren't all over it.

My theory as to why no buzz?

... because 98% of everybody on this forum is only interested in how much they can make TODAY.

The very idea of a coin that GIVEs is abhorrent to them - they'd rather have 100% of a payout on a shitcoin than 90% of a meaningful coin.

I like the peace & quiet here. Have you seen the mayhem on the Zeitcoin thread? There are still people bitching that they haven't had their 50K bounty from the launch. The 'classic' is an idiot who claims he had 8 billion on some pool that's now vanished & expecting the thread to give him the money back! Words almost fail me! How can anyone have the hashpower to mine that much coupled with the sheer stupidity to leave it on a pool for 2 months? In my mind he DESERVES to lose the bloody lot Sad

So here's little old me - been mining Give since about 8 hours after launch, building up a nice bag, and no intention of even tracking the markets for at least a month or two. Not scrabbling for freebies, not bitching about anything, just calmly & peacefully mining & giving it loadz of '4:20' Wink

Long may it last Cheesy

E2A:- Steve, Dale & anybody else doing the wise thing & checking back - LMFAO ain't ya ever heard of reverse psychology? You KNOW who this is, enjoy the in-joke Wink

GiveCoinFoundation

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 09:51:37 PM

edit*

I like the suggestions, thanks for the ideas. We're looking into switching charities and their wallet balances to the first page ASAP...you're right that with something called Givecoin, people are going to want to see direct results of what we're trying to do without having to navigate through the site.
PoW/PoS is also definitely an option on the table...we've all been particularly busy with various personal obligations, but by the end of the work week we'll have sorted out if that's feasible to make happen time-wise before others start popping up.

Maintaining active communication/interest with nat'l/internat'l non-profits has been somewhat of an uphill battle, as I'm mostly getting an "uhh..sounds like a good idea...let me get back to you on that once I talk to the higher-ups *click*" response. That being said, starting with the smaller guys, we're seeing a lot more support. The ball is rolling after four days of launching and there's certainly interest out there for this social contract type application of crypto (especially for charities). On my end, it's a lot of working to their business cycle...decisions like accepting a new, unfamiliar payment method aren't nearly a chief concern AND don't happen overnight with the majority of organizations. Luckily we've had some very forward-thinking and fast-acting non-profits help support our initiative from square 1...hint

BloodBanker.org (76DAU2No5gDZgULCAACZKmWWSpWgiZvHzh)
&
Sparekey.org (7CQ9wz9WUzrPgV9JFsBxjB2JPHgjrKN2J5)

Finally, it's been said plenty of times around here, but please consider donating toward these charities with your mined coins or spreading the word to friends and organizations via social media...not just on bitcointalk. Long term wide adoption is only going to happen if the community is supporting these early adopters who're going out on a limb experimenting with this stuff...let's show them it's worthwhile.

thanks for the suggestions and constructive criticism, keep it comin!

Mike
Minority_Report

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 12:08:08 AM

My 'Narnian' apologies to anyone here confused by the E2A on my last post, it's about an in-joke to a select few on another thread, had to let 'the wise' in on it. The rest of that post was TOTALLY serious.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 06:57:45 AM

By giving out such big bounties for such small things like translations I believe the devs set the tone for what the price is now. Perhaps it's a lesson to learn from in the future.
MinerP

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:36:22 AM

By giving out such big bounties for such small things like translations I believe the devs set the tone for what the price is now. Perhaps it's a lesson to learn from in the future.
ya i agree... should of had the pools set up as automatic donations to a charity... 8 diff now i give it another 2 weeks then.... death
CryptoBlox

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 03:26:55 PM

Sorry for the delay, but we're now up and running.  Had some updates to do in order to support X11.

cryptoblox.com/chain/GiveCoin

Cheers,
CryptoBlox

www.CryptoBlox.com - 10+ Faucets, Block Explorers, Resources, and Mining Portal!

BTC = 1G1gKi3V5hvdB1ghYu4MykGGrJ2jfjqpm3
Minority_Report

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:33:17 PM

ya i agree... should of had the pools set up as automatic donations to a charity... 8 diff now i give it another 2 weeks then.... death

Wouldn't it be nice if a coin launched with NO bounties at all?

IMO they just attract the 'wrong' sort of people, and pools/exchanges make good coin anyway, they shouldn't need to be 'bribed' into picking a good one up, they should be fighting amongst theirselves to get a coin to accept THEM.
Kooness

Activity: 227

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 02:27:22 AM

Sorry for the delay, but we're now up and running.  Had some updates to do in order to support X11.

cryptoblox.com/chain/GiveCoin

Cheers,
CryptoBlox

Good job, Thank you!
2lexcross

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 10:46:26 AM

So what? Slow dying? 400MH hashrate. People? where r u?
LionOfNarnia

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 06:39:28 PM

So what? Slow dying? 400MH hashrate. People? where r u?

I'm showing 435 & I'm kinda enjoying mining peacefully without the drama & crumb-scrabbling that has come to be almost compulsory for new coins.

The greedy asic-farms can't play, the rest probably haven't even bothered to find out what X-11 is, and it means, for them.

I'll have a nice bag by the time they do, and I won't be putting a penny of it on the exchanges for quite a while - possibly months.

Long may it last, my friend Cheesy

Member of the UK Digital Currency Association * Bitrated user: LionOfNarnia. * Member of the ZeitKnights * Member of the Bytecent Community Team

"I don't always kill & eat things - but when I do it's because I'm a Lion & they were things"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: