Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Eth2 substantially increase Ether's price?  (Read 595 times)
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 03:33:12 PM

Of course you can as long as eth can condition eth 2 with the current market I think a decline in eth fee will occur and can be suppressed quickly
I'm looking for ethereum $800 next target, even I wouldn't be surprised to see ETH double in value next week or onwards. It's bull market now so think for good. Hopefully Ethereum 2.0 will fulfill the condition to meet all the requirement to touch ATH.
You forgot something about ethereum 2.0 if ethereum 2.0 will have divided into some phases. The users will not FOMOing the update.
The amounts of ethereum that already staked in the ethereum 2.0 chain will be locked for almost a year.

This time the pump happens with ethereum is only the bitcoin's effect. Bitcoin pumped and everything will do the same like bitcoin too.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1128

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 03:51:20 PM

We are already increasing at a rapid pace this year, 2020 has increased the price more than x3, I am not sure if it could get any more "substantial" than that. What do people expect from ETH 2.0 for example? Do you expect it to be something that could potentially increase the price x10 on top of this? I doubt that could be the case, that would take ethereum market cap to insane levels, which is why I doubt it would happen.

Maaaaybe another x3 on top of this x3? That could be possible and not unlikely but that is about the all they could do honestly. Which is why I highly think that the best course of action would be to expect a good deal of increase from ETH but not "substantial" as in what usually call a x10 or more would be about because that is unlikely for ETH right now.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:56:28 PM

The Ethereum upgrade or Eth2 is anticipated to bring about many changes and updates, and taking into account the potential of the Ethereum blockchain there is every tendency that the price will increase but hardly can anyone say for certain if the 5 digits mark will be possible because many factors always affects the market. Also, in the case of expansion, I think the whole reason for the upgrade is to expand the Ethereum network while making it suited for what the future holds. This i think is true because the crypto space is advancing and many more people and platforms are joining the Ethereum blockchain each day and hence, in order to maintain these users and platforms, the Ethereum blockchain needs to be enhanced which of course will lead to more growth and expansion both in price and in services; through this, of course Ethereum will continue to top the chart while beating other coins.
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:20:41 PM

We are already increasing at a rapid pace this year, 2020 has increased the price more than x3, I am not sure if it could get any more "substantial" than that. What do people expect from ETH 2.0 for example? Do you expect it to be something that could potentially increase the price x10 on top of this? I doubt that could be the case, that would take ethereum market cap to insane levels, which is why I doubt it would happen.

Maaaaybe another x3 on top of this x3? That could be possible and not unlikely but that is about the all they could do honestly. Which is why I highly think that the best course of action would be to expect a good deal of increase from ETH but not "substantial" as in what usually call a x10 or more would be about because that is unlikely for ETH right now.

Well Eth2 is supposed to scale Ethereum by about 3000x once the upgrade is complete in the next two years, which will obviously allow a vastly larger network of applications to run on Ethereum. We should see DeFi have the opportunity to explode on Eth2.

It also allows staking of coins, which is going to entice a lot of people to stake their coins long term and just pick up that income yield, and it will likely entice new big money players to buy enough Ethereum in order to stake to get that income. If let's say 30 million Ether are eventually staked, they would have an annual staking reward of 3.3%, which is a good yield compared to stock dividends, but add in the fact that your yield is being paid in Ethereum which is an exploding asset instead of cash or stocks that average about 7% annual gains over the long term, and Ethereum is a much more attractive asset to derive a yield from than the stock market. Already 1.29% of the entire supply of Ethereum is staked and the staking chain just started two weeks ago!

So yes between the increase in usage implied by a 3000x improvement in scalability and how much Ethereum is likely to be taken off the market to be staked, substantial growth in price due to Eth2 seems likely.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: