Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:07:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Circcash has been launched  (Read 2678 times)
jvanname (OP)

Activity: 682
Merit: 51

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 09:20:30 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2021, 03:26:41 AM by jvanname

The new Cryptocurrency Circcash has been recently launched and is available for you to compile on Ubuntu (I have created but I have not yet released the Windows executable since it gets flagged and quarantined by anti-virus software and has not been signed yet).

Github: https://github.com/jvanname/circcash

Whitepaper: https://github.com/jvanname/Zammazazzer/blob/master/CirclefishICO.pdf

Alternate Circcash discussion: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5290467.msg55617409#msg55617409

Telegram: https://t.me/circcashchat

Relevant discussion from 2017 (the general principle behind using reversible computation for cryptocurrency mining was there, but the details have been modified quite a bit since then, so that discussion is outdated): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2041169.0;all

What is Circcash?

Circcash is the new cryptocurrency with a mining algorithm that is designed to make it easier for hardware manufacturers to develop reversible computing hardware and therefore solve one of the most important outstanding technological problems. Since it takes a degree of intelligence, altruism, and other virtuous qualities to appreciate Circcash, Circcash will attract much higher quality users than most other cryptocurrencies. Furthermore, since Circcash will do a public good, governments will be much less likely to ban or restrict Circcash.

Right now, Circcash is one of the few cryptocurrencies with a mining algorithm that even attempts to repurpose the mining towards solving an important computational problem, and right now there are not very many serious proposals for such useful mining algorithms.

What is reversible computation?

Purely reversible computation is the type of computation that is time reversible in the sense that the state of the machine at time s can be recovered from the state of the machine in time t for t>s simply by running the computation in reverse. In particular, in the process of the computation, no information has been deleted and replaced with zeroes. Partially reversible computation is the type of computation where most but not all of the computational process is reversible (in practice, reversible computation refers to partially reversible computation instead of fully reversible computation).

For example, the AND gate is not reversible since one cannot recover the input from the output since if the output of the AND gate is 0, then one does not know if the input was (0,0),(0,1), or (1,0) since 0=0 AND 0=0 AND 1=1 AND 0. For a similar reason, the OR, XOR, NAND gates are not reversible either. However, the NOT gate is a logically reversible gate since one could always recover the output of a NOT gate from its input. Since reversible logic gates cannot delete any information, every reversible logic gate must have the same number of inputs as outputs.

Consider the following gates:

CNOT gate-(x,y)->(x,x XOR y)

Toffoli gate-(x,y,z)->(x,y,(x AND y) XOR z)

Fredkin gate-(0,y,z)->(0,y,z), (1,y,z)->(1,z,y).

Then the CNOT, Toffoli, and Fredkin gates are all examples of reversible gates. Now, every 2 bit input and 2 bit output reversible gate must be an affine transformation, so the 2 bit input and 2 bit output gates cannot be used for universal reversible computation, but the Toffoli gate is universal for reversible computation, and the Fredkin gate is universal for reversible computation.

The (hopefully near) future use case of reversible computation is that there is a limit to the energy efficiency of irreversible computation but this limit does not apply to the energy efficiency of reversible computation. By CPT-symmetry (charge, parity, time), the laws of physics are time reversible. Therefore whenever information is deleted in a computation, by the laws of physics, that information is not truly deleted but it must go somewhere, and this information is converted into entropy (i.e. waste heat). Furthermore, Landauer's limit gives a precise quantity for the amount of waste heat that must be produced whenever one deletes a bit of information. Landauer's principle states that every time a bit of information is deleted, k*T*ln(2) energy is consumed and transformed into waste heat. Here, k is Boltzmann's constant (k=1.38*10^(-23) Joules/Kelvin) and T is the temperature. To put this into perspective, the quantity (3/2)*k*T is the average kinetic energy of an atom in a monatomic (this means there no molecules consisting of more than one atom) ideal gas, and k*T is quite close to the kinetic energy of an atom moving at the speed of sound (the ideal gas law also gives an intuitive idea about the size of the quantity k*T). Now, this k*T*ln(2) limit is only applicable to computation when one deletes energy. The k*T*ln(2) limit does not give any bound on the efficiency of reversible computation where one limits the amount of information that is deleted.

Now, Boltzmann's constant and Landauer's limit are both extremely small quantities, but right now some forms of computation are so energy efficient that one must take Landauer's limit into consideration when considering how computers may perform such calculations in the not-too-distant future.

In general, reversible computation will require new algorithms, and reversible computation will generally require more space, time, and/or parallelism. Fortunately, the space/time overheads arising from reversible computation are surprisingly reasonable [BENNETT, 89] even in a worst case scenario, and in a best case scenario (for example with an encryption algorithm designed for reversibility), there is no significant computational complexity overhead incurred from reversibility. Therefore, one should expect for general purpose computation to be reversible in the far future. However, in the near future, it will be difficult to make reversible computation energy efficient enough to pay for the space/time overheads and be profitable.

How does Hashspin accelerate reversible computation development?

Hashspin is a cryptocurrency mining algorithm that is designed to be as reversible as possible so that one does not incur a computational complexity overhead simply by mining Circcash on a physically nearly reversible hardware. Hashspin has also been designed to be as simple as possible, so that it is as easy as possible to make physically reversible hardware for Hashspin and/or hardware for Hashspin whose energy efficiency is as close to the Landauer limit as one can get.

Hashspin is relies on a cryptographic technique called the Solution Lottery Technique (SLT), and the SLT allows Hashspin to both have a high level of cryptographic security and contain the qualities that will allow the hardware manufacturers to most easily make energy efficient physically reversible mining machines for mining Hashspin. In particular, the SLT allows over 99.9% of the computation for Hashspin to be spent running two interconnected linear feedback shift registers (LFSRs) of lengths 15 and 17 [LN] (LFSRs have been used in quite a few stream ciphers).  If you know anything about LFSRs, then you would know that LFSRs require very little hardware and very little energy. This will reduce the burden on ASIC manufacturers so that it is easier for them to make reversible ASICs, and this will get the energy efficiency of the LFSRs much closer to Landauer's limit where reversible computation becomes a necessity in order to mine competitively.

Is Hashspin safe?

Hashspin is an entirely new cryptographic function that has not been tested very much by the cryptographic community. Nevertheless, there are reasons to believe that Hashspin should remain secure even though it has not been through all the rigorous tests that one should expect from a cryptographic function. Hashspin relies on the SLT which means that the LFSRs for Hashspin only require 16 bits of security. it is not feasible for a miner to mine Hashspin more efficiently than simply performing a brute force search since any cryptographic break needs to be faster than simply running the LFSR based function (a function that will be very fast and efficient in dedicated hardware) 65536 times.

The miners will not benefit personally from the advances resulting from Circcash mining. Furthermore, the use of Hashspin over SHA-256 mining will not harm the cryptocurrency since the miners, users, and everyone else in the cryptocurrency ecosystem would behave nearly the same way with Hashspin as the mining algorithm as they would if SHA-256d were their mining algorithm. If there is still any doubt as to whether mining algorithms should only serve to secure the network or whether they should solve a scientific problem, then the best way to answer these doubts is to see how Circcash performs in the long-term to determine whether it is a good idea to use a cryptocurrency mining algorithm that is designed to advance science.

What is Circcash better than previous attempts at a useful mining algorithm?

Cryptocurrency mining algorithms must satisfy some stringent cryptographic conditions. This means that most computational problems cannot be made into suitable cryptocurrency mining algorithms. Furthermore, it is no good for a cryptocurrency mining algorithm to solve a scientific problem and provide 1 million dollars of scientific value when it costs 1 billion dollars in mining to solve that scientific problem. A good cryptocurrency mining algorithm needs to be able to provide billions of dollars of scientific benefit as long as billions of dollars are spent on mining. Since reversible computation is the only way to make computation more energy efficient in the long-term, the problem of developing reversible computing hardware is an extremely important problem, and it is well worth spending potentially billions of dollars on mining hardware to help solve this problem. This cannot be said of other so-called useful mining algorithms. Right now there are only a few serious proposed and implemented useful cryptocurrency mining algorithms, and it is unlikely that a new mining algorithm can be as useful as Hashspin without compromising security in any way.

The difference between Hashspin and other proposed useful mining algorithms is that Hashspin behaves much more like a cryptographic hash function (that only needs to jumble bits up as efficiently as possible) and less like a typical algorithm for solving a useful problem. From a miner's perspective, Hashspin will behave just like SHA-256; the miners will not benefit personally in any way from mining other than the block reward. In any case, if there is any question about whether having a useful mining algorithm is inheritently detrimental to the currency, one should support experimentation so that one can back up this hypothesis with evidence, so Circcash has experimental value since it is a cryptocurrency with a useful mining algorithm.

Information about Circcash

Circcash is a fork of Litecoin with 2 minute block intervals. There is no halving period for Circcash. Circcash will issue the same amount of coins for all time. Under this protocol, the inflation rate for Circcash will approach zero as the time approaches infinity, and the inflation rate will be inversely proportional to the amount of time since the Genesis block was created. 12.5% of the mining reward will go towards the development of Circcash, but this small tax is only temporary (the Circcash code will automatically drop this reward under the right conditions and the Circcash development will voluntarily drop the 12.5% development fund when it becomes unnecessary). Circcash is denominated by CIRCs which stand for Certificate of Innovation in Reversible Computation.

The genesis block for Circcash was mined about 4 months ago, and the first few blocks were mined on July 27, 2020 (Genesis time: Wednesday July 01, 2020: I waited a few weeks between the Genesis block and the time when the next few blocks were mined).  The Circcash source code was made publicly available a couple of weeks after the genesis block was mined.

This is the first official Bitcointalk post about Circcash since its launch. However, I have many times in the past for the past three years since May of 2017 both online and in person have been promoting the use of cryptocurrency mining to help accelerate the development of the reversible computer, so people should have been anticipating the release of Circcash.

References

[BENNETT, 89] TIME/SPACE TRADE-OFFS FOR REVERSIBLE COMPUTATION. CHARLES H. BENNETT. SIAM J. COMP Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 766-776, August 1989
https://www.math.ucsd.edu/~sbuss/CourseWeb/Math268_2013W/Bennett_Tradeoffs.pdf

[LN] Finite Fields (Encyclopedia of Mathematics and its Applications) 2nd Edition by Rudolf Lidl  (Author), Harald Niederreiter (Author)
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jardine

Activity: 679
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:12:32 PM

Where i can get windows wallet, to start mining?
I dont have ubuntu  Undecided

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
ShllFT

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:27:29 PM

Where i can get windows wallet, to start mining?
I dont have ubuntu  Undecided

Read there, the dev mentioned it already

https://github.com/jvanname/circcash/issues/4
jardine

Activity: 679
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:34:55 PM

yep  Smiley

But without windows wallet this coin probably dont get much popularity, because only few people can mine it

[I ran a Circcash-qt executable file on Windows, and McAfee Antivirus has incorrectly labelled Circcash-qt as a 'virus' and has quarantined Circcash-qt and related files (I assume other antivirus programs will do the same). Furthermore, McAfee Antivirus has blocked the ip-addresses of the other nodes on the Circcash network. This is probably due to the fact that I did not sign the Circcash executables, but I do not know for sure. The Windows executables for mining and transacting in Circcash have not been released yet. I am not going to release the Circcash executable files until I have the Circcash executables signed. However, the process of signing the Circcash code will take about a couple hundred USD, and I am not willing to spend this money to sign the Circcash code unless and until I receive the revenue to cover this expense through a sponsorship. Therefore, the only way that I will be willing to publicly release a Windows executable for mining Circcash is if I obtain enough revenue through sponsorships to cover this expense. Please send me an e-mail message at circcash9192020@protonmail.com to request the Windows executable.]

BITCOINTALKTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ●  DISCORD
  SEDO POW TOKEN    DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM BASED  ON BLOCKCHAIN
jvanname (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:37:10 PM

Right now, the Circcash Windows Executable has been created but it is not available to download. Fortunately, the procedure for making a LiveUSB to boot up using Ubuntu and then install Ubuntu on your computer and the procedure for setting up a Ubuntu virtual machine using software such as VirtualBox are quite straightforward. You should consider the work that it takes to set up Circcash on Ubuntu as part of the work required in proof-of-work (i.e. you are getting paid to set up Circcash on Ubuntu). I apologize if this causes any inconvenience.

P.S. I have found that making a liveUSB is a very useful skill to have outside of cryptocurrencies. For example, if you know someone who is locked out of his computer because he lost his password, then one can boot from a Ubuntu liveUSB to access all the files and use the computer.
jvanname (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2020, 10:56:18 PM

I plan on releasing the Circcash wallet Windows executable soon, but people should try to use Ubuntu if they want to participate in early mining and early adoption and mine Circcash while mining is still relatively easy. It will be easier to mine Circcash right now using Ubuntu than it will be to mine Circcash later when mining becomes extremely competitive.
jvanname (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 12:57:46 AM

I heard that there is an unofficial Circcash wallet Windows executable going around (you can probably request it on the community Discord channel). This one still has the issue of getting flagged by anti-virus software though (this is the reason I did not release my own Windows executable).
br0ken

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 06:42:05 AM

I am the one responsible for the win wallet  Smiley Anyone needing it can pm me.

It took my some time to clean it up, add auto connect, change all the imaging, and compile.

Like you dev, nothing is free so if the community can come together and donate a total of 0.005 BTC (which is nothing), I'll release that publicly here.

Wallet for donations: 3DEpcmLHAzUVBewXbsJ3cgubY2YLWTqBzy
br0ken

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 04:28:08 PM

Update:

Working on the Mac wallet and explorer now.

Again, I have to ask for some donations, at least to cover the domain purchase for explorer and my time that went into this.

This is all for wallets, clean, optimized, and compiled, and the explorer (+ domain etc). I am also busy working on the pool/mining software but that would take some time.

Donation address is 3DEpcmLHAzUVBewXbsJ3cgubY2YLWTqBzy

All links will be posted to this ANN when done and when I get some donations.

Cheers!
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 06:00:55 PM

I compiled a windows version for the QT wallet if anyone is interested: https://mega.nz/file/0UcEyTbD#vFkviYnEe9OVKxuCUNCg2h1EbgKbGu8McQge3FTZk_M

Have fun!
br0ken

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 06:25:02 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2020, 06:36:03 PM by br0ken

Anyone?
jvanname (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 07:22:28 PM

In the link, https://github.com/jvanname/circcash/wiki/Core-principles, we read "Open-Source: Circcash's source code will be open for anyone to read, copy, share, or modify."
Circcash users may do as they wish, and they are free to do what is most convenient for them, but Circcash core development cannot endorse any closed source wallet. Circcash core development therefore recommends for the source code any modifications to be published.

br0ken

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 07:28:35 PM

In the link, https://github.com/jvanname/circcash/wiki/Core-principles, we read "Open-Source: Circcash's source code will be open for anyone to read, copy, share, or modify."
Circcash users may do as they wish, and they are free to do what is most convenient for them, but Circcash core development cannot endorse any closed source wallet. Circcash core development therefore recommends for the source code any modifications to be published.

Just living what you are preaching dev (nothing is free) ... you want $9k a month donations, we are asking small donations for the work YOU are suppose to do! See it in a different way.

jvanname (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 09:37:29 PM

Such a remark does nothing to convince me or anyone else of the security of the software. Such a remark does the opposite.
cobonadu

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 11:02:43 PM

just built on Ubuntu and try to mine

Code:
"version" : 80705,
"protocolversion" : 70002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 91404,
"timeoffset" : 0,
"connections" : 1,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.00001772,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1606085227,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : ""

hope can get some blocks with my personal computer

TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 11:08:20 PM

Is the dev going to host his website in a more secure one other than WordPress?
Also, I hope someone is working on the content as right now the content are mostly placeholders.
And is this a solo project as I can see only one author in the whitepaper?
Would be hard to attend all the necessary things if the dev will not hire some staffs that will attend other things in terms of development and marketing.
br0ken

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 05:29:31 AM

Such a remark does nothing to convince me or anyone else of the security of the software. Such a remark does the opposite.

Such a remark does nothing to convince me your project is going anywhere .. clever idea, but it ends there. I mean, come on .. sit on your ass and expect folks to toss you $9k a month  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Actually, on second thoughts, fuckit .. this is your job anyway! Do your own wallets, explorers, and pools

jvanname (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 05:54:56 AM

That sounds like a plan. Nobody needs to hear from people like you who constantly complain when someone asks simply for the source code of the Windows wallet for security.
br0ken

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 06:24:11 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2020, 06:42:47 AM by br0ken

That sounds like a plan. Nobody needs to hear from people like you who constantly complain when someone asks simply for the source code of the Windows wallet for security.

That is rich coming from YOU of all people! Laughable! Your release went straight to the gutter when you couldn't even get the Win and Mac wallets going. No explorer, no pools, no nothing! I mean, you couldn't even change the Litecoin logos in the client   Roll Eyes

Here, look at some of the funny shit you bestowed upon us, dev:

However, the process of signing the Circcash code will take about a couple hundred USD, and I am not willing to spend this money to sign the Circcash code unless and until I receive the revenue to cover this expense through a sponsorship. Therefore, the only way that I will be willing to publicly release a Windows executable for mining Circcash is if I obtain enough revenue through sponsorships to cover this expense.

Furthermore, I am unwilling to use paid services to help people with this issue until I receive enough Circcash sponsorship to pay for these expenses. I will not do things for free, and I will certainly not spend my own money to help others when others are unwilling to contribute.

Telegram: https://t.me/circcashgroup (for sponsors only at $40 a month. Non-sponsors can send only quick direct messages.).

You can also support the development of Circcash through Paypal (if you are supporting Circcash through Paypal, you will need to contact the core developer Joseph Van Name to claim your bounty privileges).

Look at the sponsor pages:

@jvanname's goal is to earn $9,000 per month
Reaching this goal will better enable Circcash to be a cryptocurrency that can compete with Bitcoin.

You want people to throw about $9k a month your way so you can "work full time" on Circcash ... what a joke! You actually think people would fall for this?

Look at your PP donation page:

"Donate to Cryptocurrency Entrepreneur"

Hahahaha

Are you even the real van name? I am going to investigate this further.

br0ken

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 06:56:03 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2020, 07:16:53 AM by br0ken

Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: