Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:07:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Walmart gift cards now available -Gyft Cards using Bitcoins  (Read 2906 times)
Crossbow376

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 01:19:33 PM

im glad to see walmart card is in now i can buy one before i go grocery shopping and feed myself with bitcoin!

WOW. If you ever needed proof that people don't read beyond the thread title before posting...

And that's one of the problem with pay per post sig program...(though there is a conflict of interest as I am also in a sig program)

DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:19:11 PM

I wish they would bring them back :!!!!
gagalady
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:06:04 PM

Really cool that you can actually get gift card for bitcoins. Really cool feature.
MegaHustlr

Activity: 601

Vote 4fryn :)

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:10:12 PM

im glad to see walmart card is in now i can buy one before i go grocery shopping and feed myself with bitcoin!

WOW. If you ever needed proof that people don't read beyond the thread title before posting...

And that's one of the problem with pay per post sig program...(though there is a conflict of interest as I am also in a sig program)

Except you just need 50, everyone else who do that ^^^ aim for as many as their computer can handle.. Cheesy

▄  ▀▄▄   ▀▄▄ ▀▄ ▀▄
             ▀█▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████ ▄
         ▀████▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀███▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▀      ██▀▀     ▄██▀▀▀   █     ██
██    ▀█  ▄█▀▀▀▄  ▀█   ▄█▀   ▄▄▄ ▀██  █▀▀▄▀▄

▀▀▀   ▐█ █▌    ▐▌  █  ▐█ ▄█▀▀   █ █  ▄▀ ▄█ ▌
      ▐▌ ▀█ ▄▀▄█  █▀  █  █      ▐▌ █▀ █    ▀▄
      █     ▄█▀  ▀▀▀▀▄█  ▀█▄▄▀ ▄▀  █▄ █  ██ ▐▌
     █   ▄███▄▄███▄▄▄▄       ▄█▄▄▄▄ █▄    ▀  █ ▄
   ▄█▀▀▀▀     █▀      █   ▄█▀▀███    ▀▀▄▄   ▄██
  ▐█         ▐▌       ▐▌▄▀     ██        ▀███ ▐█
  █           ▀▄      ▐█▀       ▀█           ▀▀
  █▄           ██     ██         ██▄
   █▀            ▀     ▀          ▀█▀

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄██▄▄                ▄▄██▄
  ████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████▌
█████▀                  ▀█████▌
████    ███▄      ▄███    ████▌
████   ▐████      ████▌   ████
 ███    ▀██▀      ▀██▀    ███▀
  ▀██▄                  ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████████████████▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
C.Steven

Activity: 633

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:24:40 PM

Except you just need 50, everyone else who do that ^^^ aim for as many as their computer can handle.. Cheesy

I think his point is not on the signature part, but mainly on people making the reply solely to boost their post account, and never read the posts at all. I am sure my computer can make hundreds of posts a seconds, but my brain can't do that.

C.Steven

Activity: 633

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:23:42 PM

Glad they added this. All they are doing is expanding which is great for BTC users.  The more companies that sign on the better Smiley

Walmart has already withdrawn from the program.

The email I received from gyft:

Hi there,

First, thanks for being such a loyal Gyft customer. I cannot emphasize enough that we truly value your support. Without you, we could not bring on new and exciting retailers like Walmart.

Second, although we were so excited to bring Walmart on board, due to circumstances beyond our control, we need to remove Walmart from our list of participating retailers, effective April 13, 2014. Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to bring them back up as soon as possible. Your existing Walmart gift cards will work as they should. If you are as disappointed as we are about this decision by Walmart, please email them at help@walmart.com and let then know how you feel about it.

In the meantime, we have added other exciting retailers that you can still purchase from here. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at support@gyft.com

Thanks again,

The Gyft Team

No explanation, but it was obviously walmart's decision to withdraw. We should all email help@walmart.com and express our displeasure.

solarion

Activity: 966
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 03:40:42 AM

Used the walmart gyft card I bought while the window was briefly open. It was about what I'd expected. I even printed it out for them so they didn't have to be freaked out when I handed the cashier my phone to scan. It was still like they'd never heard of such a thing. It took 10-15 mins to get the right person to approve the purchase.

To be fair kmart's staff behaves similarly every single time I try them. I think I've even gotten the same cashier a couple times and it's like they've never heard of such a thing every time. Kmart even let me swap a kmart gyft card for an amex gift card once, but they've since claimed I cannot do that. Weirdest of all is that sears owns kmart and sears is bar none the most accommodating b&m shop I've used a gyft card. Walk in with a $500 sears gyft card and walk out with 4 $100 amex or mastercards and change.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 05:55:32 AM

Walmart will be back, don't you worry
Matter of time till they wake up to its potential]
Mass adoption will drive them back

jourcards

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 11:45:20 AM

Well jour-cards is offering exchanging wallmart gift cards to bitcoins and other currencies with reliable prices
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:09:27 AM

It's a shame they stopped doing these. These were really ideal and were great for those who would rather use bitcoins. I am really hoping to see them come back at some point.
el_darwin

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:47:24 PM

Wow what a sudden change of events.  So are there still some cards available for purchase at the is time?

Nope, the option to buy is gone. I grabbed one card while the window was briefly open.

Hi, actually YesToBitcoins.com just launched Walmart gift cards, (you can get them here http://yestobitcoins.com/e-gift-card-for-walmart-com/) . Although YesToBitcoins uses the same processing engine as Gyft (bitpay), it is not integrated to Walmart's system like Gyft (YesToBitcoins purchases directly from Walmart as a private agent for the bitcoin client). So it is Walmart itself that emails the gift card.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: