Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:09:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home security  (Read 91 times)
BeatrixKenny (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2020, 08:48:21 AM

I want to set up a portable Wi-Fi cam at home, and have second thoughts about the security of the footage stored in the cloud.

Could anyone share their experience on that matter.

Also, any chance anybody here is using Homam cam. Would like to hear an honest review form you. Please let know what you're thinking about this cam, If you had s chance to check it out.

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ClassPlayer

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 22, 2021, 07:40:38 PM

I want to set up a portable Wi-Fi cam at home, and have second thoughts about the security of the footage stored in the cloud.

Could anyone share their experience on that matter.

Also, any chance anybody here is using Homam cam. Would like to hear an honest review form you. Please let know what you're thinking about this cam, If you had s chance to check it out.

Thanks in advance.

Best is home security is home kit.
figliar0

Activity: 110
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 23, 2021, 05:37:13 PM

What do you mean by security? What do you expect to be the purpose of the camera? What do you expect the footage will be protected from? We need answers to these questions to help you.

BernyJB

Activity: 168
Merit: 190

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 07:25:19 PM
Merited by figliar0 (1)

Ok, I used to be a security technician (installing alarms and cameras for several companies), so I think I can help here.

First, you can think of the phrase "home security" as an oxymoron. If we're gonna be rigorous, there's just no such thing.

Then, if we're talking about what most people consider "home security", there are 3 kinds: before the fact, during the fact, and after the fact.

Security "before the fact" would mean taking measures so that potential invaders will either think twice about targeting your house, or will be just unable to enter. Something as inexpensive as a sign from a reputable security company might be enough to deter a wannabe burglar from even considering your place a potential target. From then on, the sky is the limit: multiple, good quality locks, bars on the windows, heavy doors...

Security "during the fact" (which is the kind of security the police should provide), means basically installing an alarm system, ideally monitored by a reputable security firm, to not only deter possible burglars, but eventually catch them if they do break in anyway. Of course, you can set up an alarm system so that it reports to you in case somebody breaks in, which may be a good or a bad thing, depending mainly on your circumstances.

Security "after the fact" is what you are trying to do here. Cameras may be useful to identify burglars after they robbed you. You can opt (again, depending on your circumstances), for services like monitored security cameras (you need to consider your privacy also), or installing cameras (monitored or not) covering your doors and/or windows, etc.

In the case you're asking about, first I would be wary of any security system that uses RF to connect the sensor(s) to the main unit, on the basis that RF can be interfered with. From then on, adding "things that may fail" (like an internet connection, the cloud, etc) is never a good choice.
Then you also need to consider what are you protecting. For example: if you are a billionaire cryptocurrency trader ( Wink), you're gonna need a much better security system than if you're a regular Joe. 

Initially, I would advise you to "leave security systems install to the professionals", but seeing how many "security technicians" don't really have a clue (or don't give a damn) about their chosen profession, I'd just advise you to be careful. Securing a house is not a technically complex job, but it does, in most cases, involve thinking about a gazillion little details most people don't even think about.
Ems.

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2021, 10:14:29 AM

Home security now a days,some devices can secure and have password in and out in every  home.For devices there is camera differents cameras,can detect,and can save who intering and oit going while ,personel in home is bot attended.For the urban place and open space/area,like province we are ,secure because of we have LOVELY DOGS at home.
Ashad60

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 22, 2022, 05:55:13 AM

You can also use CCTV cameras and security guards if necessary to secure your home
Nirob08

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 02:26:25 AM

We usually call the people we hire to protect our home security and the job of security is to think about how to keep our home safe and we can do that with CCTV.
PreciousH

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2022, 11:20:48 AM

For the security of homes, you can prefer hardware tools like door locks, alarm systems, motion detectors and security camera systems. I also prefer these ones.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: