Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:59:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin anonymous?  (Read 2511 times)
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2021, 04:36:37 AM

Tracking through exchanges address is likely to happen if and only the exchange gives your credentials to the ones who are tracing you, or they themselves wants to track you. Since most legit and big exchange out there requires you to KYC for big amounts of withdrawal, and that will most likely to happen. So either use decentralized exchange or peer to peer.

regarding I.P. addresses, if you are aware if VPN then it will be no problem, creating new bitcoin wallet address and use it once. In our country there are 3rd party apps that lets you exchange your bitcoin with out you submitting KYC protocols, as long as it is in the minimum withdrawals of a thousand dollars.
Is it completely secret? Because if you withdraw and put it in the bank then it's really not a secret anymore. Or maybe it's like Switzerland with banks that are completely unidentified and disobedient to the world's regulations?

That's right, I think some exchanges will still comply with the regulations regarding KYC so if he is asked by the investigators I think he is obliged to notify. If not, then I think the exchange will be in big trouble. So maybe the confidentiality is maintained, but if there are indications of a crime, the investigators will look for it. With KYC it will be traced more easily. So there is cooperation between the two parties.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ayan9167

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 06:30:12 AM

It's not anonymous but You can't buy any large amount of bitcoin without KYC or ID or driver's licenses Bitcoin is actually more transparent in many ways than typical things in the financial system,
onecall123

Activity: 2058
Merit: 323

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 06:37:44 AM

-
Agreed. Blockchain analytics software and it's ability to cluster transactions and figure out new ways to link transactions and wallets to identities is also improving drastically whereas this field didn't even exist a few years back.

That being said, it is still possible to stay anonymous but takes increasingly more effort.
Anyone who uses Bitcoin for anonymity is insane. Therefore, it is pseudonymous, not completely anonymous! A blockchain can be viewed by anyone, anytime. The old systems are being washed away. Your security could be compromised by today's technology update and new analytics software. A centralized service keeps records of its clients' transactions.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 07:12:47 AM

Is Bitcoin entirely anonymous? It’s common for people to say that in reality bitcoin is absolutely anonymous but are not knowledgeable enough to know that is pseudonymous . Bitcoin being pseudonymous rather than the assumed anonymous gives us an understanding that each user has a established public address. So that further tells us theoretically bitcoin address can be traced back using an IP address or an exchange account.
We should be more concerned about to what level or extent is bitcoin anonymous ?

Pseudonymous or Anonymous who cares? as long as we are not exposing our identity literally then our  privacy  will remain  and let go of wallet or IP address because we can use other name in applying for internet connection , either someone who lives in our house or near us so that's not that big issue.
you are the one who is just making this widen and also this has been explained and tacked thousand times before , i don't know what's your point in here?
haven't you cross any discussion here that talks about pseudonymous in regards to crypto owning?

Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 11:03:15 AM

Yeah, as many suggest, just ever don't link your real ID to your BTC addresses and live with it. Use the LN to transact freely with the world without anyone noticing it (remember only opening and closing is visible on a blockchain tx). And with taproot ready, channel openings/Closings will be not possible to distinguish from other transactions.
So bitcoin can really be 99.99% anonymous, watch out for that 0.01% which weighs like 99
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2021, 07:00:23 PM

My hookers and blow just arrived.  All paid in anonymous dash.  Time for an all nighter. 

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
July 29, 2021, 07:15:59 PM

Trqcing and address to an IP! That's new to me, I've hardly thought of that but then, its a new light before my eyes though, tracing an address to a phone at what cost or with the hopes of archiving what? @OP. Because, my IP address virtuhas nothing on me besides, IP address could be hidden with VPN. That's for those who takes security really seriously though. I do but then, not yo the level I'm trying yo portray but the point is, before you get to resolve to follow up an address that much, there has got to be something more than usual and the government that has got more of the resources to make for a likely resolution, especially when the issue transcends boundaries are more likely not to help, as it involves cryptos.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2021, 03:45:51 PM

Ordered half kilo of supposedly snow using Bitcoin.  I’m using my US address of course so let’s test this anonymity.  I’m not worried, I trust Ver and Andreas.  Got a little boy in box coming from Thailand too.  Hope the little fellla makes the trip a liter of coke and some crackers. 

Bitcoin is the life, man.  Never pay taxes, kill the fed, buy whatever you want anonymously.  I’m glad this wonder tech came during my lifetime.  Impossible to stop Bitcoin according to Andreas circa 2014.  He’s an author and expert.  I’m going with genius. 

~  PRV - no not perv, it’s my initials.  Wink

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Macadonian

Activity: 467
Merit: 578

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 03:48:05 PM

I don't think bitcoin is a privacy coin, it suggests that bitcoin should be more transparent than anonymos, with the blockchain everyone can see the details of transactions, even some markets have their own name tags, what do you think about their anonymity?
It is generally accepted that bitcoin is only relatively anonymous, since under certain circumstances and with the capabilities of law enforcement agencies, the identity of the bitcoin holder can be traced. This has been proven more than once in practice. Those who need complete anonymity usually use coins such as Monero, ZCash, Dash and others. Therefore, for illegal purposes, bitcoin is used only in a few percent of cases, up to one dozen.
it is generally not accepted because it is inaccurate and provably inaccurate to say that it is. Everything on the blockchain can be traced including tainted addresses if anyone ties this to a username or a account that they own then it breaks not only that one address but all of the addresses they have publicly used.
tiCeR

Activity: 1722
Merit: 750

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 04:54:02 PM

Is United States anonymous? Or can people be anonymous in United States?
Ofcourse we all know the name of the Country is United States, so the name isn't hidden. Besides anonymity is typically used for human not a Nation. Same as Bitcoin(the Network and currency)... the name is Bitcoin, but Users can be Anonymous like Satoshi said.

Well you went pretty deep into the semantics of OP's wording, but I guess he didn't even think as far as you now took it. Honestly speaking staying as anonymous as Satoshi managed to do is almost impossible for the average user. Or let me reiterate - it is impossible for the average user. Satoshi put enormous effort into leaving no trails and a normal guy with average knowledge about OPsec and what not wouldn't be able to leave no trails, especially not if he or she is a frequent Bitcoin user.

Agreed. Blockchain analytics software and it's ability to cluster transactions and figure out new ways to link transactions and wallets to identities is also improving drastically whereas this field didn't even exist a few years back.

That being said, it is still possible to stay anonymous but takes increasingly more effort.

I would say that staying fully annoymous with Bitcoin and Ethereum based tokens is beyond the ability of close to 100% of cryptocurrency users. This is by no means meant to be rude towards any of the users, but you can't even know with certainty that TOR will keep you safe as it is possible that certain agencies are running exit nodes and it is practically impossible to identify them as infiltrated.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
August 06, 2021, 03:11:13 PM

Bitcoin was previously more anonymous and we need to recognize this.
I wouldn't change a thing if I know that when I agreed to make it less anonymous, that the authorities can catch cyber criminals that are using bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a means to do something bad and scummy towards other people besides, not talking about your bitcoin or your address is enough for anyone to be considered anonymous.
Pokapoka124

Activity: 1148
Merit: 555

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2021, 09:32:10 PM

Bitcoin was previously more anonymous and we need to recognize this.
How do you mean? Did Satoshi nakamoto make some changes to the Bitcoin code? Bitcoin is pseudonymous like it always has been. Privacy coins like monero and dash are more secretive because they hide their transaction history hence addresses cannot be linked to them.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.SIGN UP.
blckhawk

Activity: 1498
Merit: 327

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 12:11:42 AM

its not entirely anonymous but most of the transactions are anonymous, they do this for security purposes when it comes to transacting with bitcoin. as we all know the only place that we can transact in bitcoin is through the internet and the internet is full of hackers and other criminal beings that makes your assets vulnerable. so they purposely made transactions anonymous to fool hackers and protect your bitcoins.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 04:05:33 AM

Is Bitcoin entirely anonymous? It’s common for people to say that in reality bitcoin is absolutely anonymous but are not knowledgeable enough to know that is pseudonymous . Bitcoin being pseudonymous rather than the assumed anonymous gives us an understanding that each user has a established public address. So that further tells us theoretically bitcoin address can be traced back using an IP address or an exchange account.
We should be more concerned about to what level or extent is bitcoin anonymous ?

When I only started working with crypto, I thought that bitcoin is completely anonymous and it is impossible to track, who is the owner of money. But while I was learning more about Bitcoin technologies, I understood that all addresses can be checked and due to IP address, or your personal information on centralised exchange, you can be found. So privacy is an open question in crypto.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 26, 2021, 04:42:44 AM

When I only started working with crypto, I thought that bitcoin is completely anonymous and it is impossible to track, who is the owner of money. But while I was learning more about Bitcoin technologies, I understood that all addresses can be checked and due to IP address, or your personal information on centralised exchange, you can be found. So privacy is an open question in crypto.

Lets put aside the exchanges, in my opinion (centralized exchanges like Binance) are against the spirit of Bitcoin i.e. decentralization. If IP address is the only way you can be tracked then its not very hard to hide your IP address these days (VPN, OPsec etc.). I don't know the extent by which you can be digitally tracked but there are defiantly ways to hide your digital IDs.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
MIldic1c

Activity: 60
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 07:23:06 AM

If you are just an ordinary bitcoin holder, I think the anonymity at this time is perfect, and you don’t need to worry about it. Unless a Russian hacker cheats a huge bitcoin ransom, the FBI can also be recovered, but I believe that For ordinary people, anonymity is already very safe!
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 09:21:31 AM

Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies of course are anonymous, owning bitcoin doesn't take long and personal data, if we use a web wallet like coinbase it only takes about 1 minute, even though anonymous transactions on the blockchain are easy for anyone to track so it's transparent, this is more needed nowadays rather than an account in a bank that only certain parties know.
juliepower

Activity: 200
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 04:13:15 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous some effort is required to protect your privacy with Bitcoin.The user behind the address is not revealed until the information goes out during a purchase or other

markdario112616

Activity: 816
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 08:46:17 PM

Bitcoin is not anonymous some effort is required to protect your privacy with Bitcoin.The user behind the address is not revealed until the information goes out during a purchase or other

Then you're (Bitcoin) anonymous by just using your statement. It will be an effort to decode who you are, then you're privacy isn't at stake. Your address will definitely be reflected on the chain, once you traded and no it will still be revealed who you are by just the address. Not unless you publicly posted your Wallet address or you are too careless not to secure your assets. So yeah, despite how many trades you are into or purchases you made as long as you keep your tracks clean then there's nothing to worry about your anonymity.
FulxilCoris

Activity: 123
Merit: 11

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
September 27, 2021, 09:45:55 PM

Well, to be more precise, Bitcoin is anonymous. I don't know if it's pseudo-anonymity, but if you have bitcoins on an unmanaged wallet there's really no way for anyone to find out. Once you make a transaction, again, the same thing. But do you really care about your anonymity when using bitcoin? Many bitcoin enthusiasts just focus their money and efforts on making more money after investing. Anonymity is not their concern and neither am I. My biggest concern about bitcoin is its profit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: