Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:16:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: As for all available crypto wallets it's always about it's private key  (Read 165 times)
VDraci (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 01:56:32 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2020, 04:25:42 PM by VDraci
Merited by Stanlo (1)

When people talk about hardware wallets they don't always talk about how it's important to keep it's private key somewhere safe, they talked as if hardware wallets are impenetrable or their private keys can't get stolen, I'm tired of responding to such comments on here so instead I decide to create a topic out of it, whatsoever crypto wallet you are using you will still need to keep it's private key safe..

To make transaction on your hardware wallet you need to connect to a PC, you need internet connection, just like every other wallets, watch out for infected PC with trojan or spywares, just because it's called hardware wallet doesn't mean it can't get compromised
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2020, 02:04:06 PM

When people talk about hardware wallets they always don't talk about how it's important to still keep it's private key somewhere safe, they talked as if hardware wallets are impenetrable or their private keys can't get stolen, I'm tired of responding to such comments on here so instead I decide to create a topic out of it, whatsoever crypto wallet you are using you will still need to keep it's private key safe

You decided to create another time wasting pointless discussion thread to fill up you allotted number of posts for you bounty campaign and for your mission to achieve hero member in the shortest possible time and ruin a once great discussion forum.  well done I hope your family are proud of you

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
bunglor

Activity: 648
Merit: 114

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 02:21:26 PM

I agree here with the op everyone should have their own private key it is one of the rights of the user but some wallets doesn't allow you to have one such as the online wallets and exchange.

no private key = not your coins
bits4books

Activity: 854
Merit: 264

Crypto is not a religion but i like it

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 02:28:06 PM

Speaking of the inaccessibility of hardware wallets, people often forget that they can be totally lost. Why? Because if you can cover your hot or online wallets with a very large number of layers of protection and be quite sure that no one will hack them, then your cold wallet can simply be taken and stolen and you will not even be able to contact the police or find a thief-after all
a) cryptocurrency is still not recognized as money/assets in some counries
b) thanks to the very holy decentralization, you will never be able to track where your money has flowed.
So what should I do? You can't achieve 100% security by being connected to the Internet - it's time to just accept it.
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2020, 02:34:43 PM

I agree here with the op everyone should have their own private key it is one of the rights of the user but some wallets doesn't allow you to have one such as the online wallets and exchange.

no private key = not your coins

sorry your submission was rejected due to not being 5 lines long and being a plagiarised opinion. do not pass go do not collect £400 do not ruin a once great forum.

<-- Click here!
crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 02:50:10 PM

Nice backup is really important in this industry. To own hardware wallet is not enough, they are not ethernal. Anyway, i just store everything in my non-custody ownr wallet and this is just enough for me
stoat

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2020, 02:52:18 PM

Nice backup is really important in this industry. To own hardware wallet is not enough, they are not ethernal. Anyway, i just store everything in my non-custody ownr wallet and this is just enough for me

do you mindless vandals ever come back to check the replies to your posts?

<-- Click here!
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 04:16:53 PM

When people talk about hardware wallets they always don't talk about how it's important to still keep it's private key somewhere safe, they talked as if hardware wallets are impenetrable or their private keys can't get stolen, I'm tired of responding to such comments on here so instead I decide to create a topic out of it, whatsoever crypto wallet you are using you will still need to keep it's private key safe

You decided to create another time wasting pointless discussion thread to fill up you allotted number of posts for you bounty campaign and for your mission to achieve hero member in the shortest possible time and ruin a once great discussion forum.  well done I hope your family are proud of you
How is this a time wasting pointless discussion? Not everyone know that hardware wallet have private key to be safeguard just like every other wallet, I though this forum is a space for sharing ideas? Now that crypto market is getting popular and we keep having newbies among us everyday it's a good thing to see members of this forum sending warning messages, if you can't do that atleast have some respect for those who are doing something.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 06:49:15 PM

How is this a time wasting pointless discussion? Not everyone know that hardware wallet have private key to be safeguard just like every other wallet, I though this forum is a space for sharing ideas? Now that crypto market is getting popular and we keep having newbies among us everyday it's a good thing to see members of this forum sending warning messages, if you can't do that atleast have some respect for those who are doing something.

You are right, so please our appreciation to anyone who wants to be active in the forum, not necessarily making a fuss, isn't this still a fairly reasonable discussion category.
it's not natural for us to drop the person trying to make any thread. if the moderators agree, then we must agree too.
I think we have to be wise to anyone, whatever the purpose is to make the thread want to get ranked.

for me it doesn't matter.
otherwise we should all support each other.

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2940
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 28, 2020, 06:54:34 PM

If someone suggests hardware wallets, it's always part of the suggestion to always keep the private keys somewhere safe. IIRC, even if we don't suggest HWs, as long as the wallet is giving the private keys, we tend to say that always create a back up and keep it somewhere that you can retrieve it quickly yet can't be seen easily by others in your house. Sadly, there are holders that are making use of the exchanges are their main wallet and storage which isn't good because they don't give private keys.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀