Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:11:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ISR] Isracoin - The Israeli cryptocurrency  (Read 110717 times)
voluntarist500

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:12:50 PM

what's the blockreward-decrease? 50 per minute forever or what?

altcoin with very low inflation, active community, no premine, fair distro and secure network: exactly what you want to invest in? Support Unobtanium

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
strobl

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:28:30 PM

The coin got featured in a serious major German (Sueddeutsche Zeitung) quality newspaper today:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/digitale-waehrung-in-israel-gelobtes-geld-aus-dem-gelobten-land-1.1950245

Mostly positive, pointing out the political dimension of ISR (democracy, etc) - even though, I don't believe it will result in higher volume, it's a positive signal.
Hoco

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:31:00 PM

This is a great coin, I'm very exited  Grin
oldboy10

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:25:36 PM

I also believe in this coin. Let's vote on mintpal all together
gts476

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:30:21 PM

Internet Jew Gold I knew it would come!

AWESOME!

N1ghtcrawl3r

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:17:22 PM

Why is the price of ISR falling so rapidly? On bitrexx the last price was 0.00007103 and last week the price was about 0.00011!

Are people dumping ISR?

My Pool:

address: ISR.HIIVE.BIZ
PROP
DDOS Protected
Hosted in a Data Center
CryptoBull

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:12:39 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:46:36 AM by CryptoBull

can someone explain whatt is happening with the coin price? in crypto prices.com the price is 6000 satoshi Sad

whats wrong there arent any news besides that the airdrop has began,then why is the price dumping?

is it possible for the devs to step in and give the community a little bit of info ?

i understand that they dont want to artificially raise the coin but if that dump continious i think that most of the minners will dump their coins in the market and this is going to be very very bad for the isr coin.
the hashrate in general has dropped which is a sure sign for stepping back for the community...
please devs step in and give us some positive news because the time is crusual.

Captain Positive Cool
IsraelCoin (OP)

Activity: 197

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 08:07:36 PM

Hi All,

The last few days have been crazy in terms of getting our systems up and running, with a couple of holiday days that made things a bit more difficult to boot.
We have been working on some other important things for a while now that took longer than expected but we expect to release these important news, hopefully early next week. We cannot release information about that until we've had some official stuff happen (relating to legal paperwork and filing with the government which as you know, always takes longer than expected).

It is important to understand what Isracoin is and what it is not.
Isracoin is not your run-of-the-mill crypto, run by kids for a quick pump and dump.
It is not a short term prospect for people to make some cash at the expense of others.

What Isracoin is and what it represents to us is a possible new beginning - a Reboot, if you will, of the economic structure that has weighed down the average Israeli citizen for a long time now.
This is not Auroracoin, nor Spaincoin or Germanycoin.
A country coin is not made by a small community of crypto people. Hopefully when we can finally release our news, you will understand what we mean by that.
This is a country coin, done right.
We understand the trepidation and that people who are used to quick earnings see us being quiet while we work on things and they don't understand what is going on. It certainly doesn't help when the value drops because it makes our job that much harder.

We truly believe our cautious, responsible approach of taking things step by step, building infrastructure (both technical and social) is the right way to build a strong, meaningful alternative to the current monetary system. 

We hope that our supporters unite and become more resolute to see Isracoin through this very early stage of infancy and help us take it to a level that has never been seen before. It will take time, effort and a lot of patience.
We think of the international community as being an integral part of us and the success of Isracoin.

The Isracoin Team.

Isracoin team
gts476

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:52:34 PM

Hi All,

The last few days have been crazy in terms of getting our systems up and running, with a couple of holiday days that made things a bit more difficult to boot.
We have been working on some other important things for a while now that took longer than expected but we expect to release these important news, hopefully early next week. We cannot release information about that until we've had some official stuff happen (relating to legal paperwork and filing with the government which as you know, always takes longer than expected).

Isracoin is not your run-of-the-mill crypto, run by kids for a quick pump and dump.
It is not a short term prospect for people to make some cash at the expense of others.

What Isracoin is and what it represents to us is a possible new beginning - a Reboot, if you will, of the economic structure that has weighed down the average Israeli citizen for a long time now.
A country coin is not made by a small community of crypto people. Hopefully when we can finally release our news, you will understand what we mean by that.
We understand the trepidation and that people who are used to quick earnings see us being quiet while we work on things and they don't understand what is going on. It certainly doesn't help when the value drops because it makes our job that much harder.

We truly believe our cautious, responsible approach of taking things step by step, building infrastructure (both technical and social) is the right way to build a strong, meaningful alternative to the current monetary system. 

We hope that our supporters unite and become more resolute to see Isracoin through this very early stage of infancy and help us take it to a level that has never been seen before. It will take time, effort and a lot of patience.
We think of the international community as being an integral part of us and the success of Isracoin.

The Isracoin Team.

Bro, it is exactly like Auroracoin. Different toilet, same shit.
pandor

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:05:11 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 12:49:37 AM by pandor

Hi All,

The Isracoin Team.

I'm glad to hear this :  "(relating to legal paperwork and filing with the government which as you know, always takes longer than expected)."  I always avoided asking you about this subject as I know it can be tricky.

Anyway I got something i want to ask you.

1)Will you issue bounties to spread the word and market this coin ? a big and strong community , people who mine and buy the coin because they believe in it is VITAL for any coin. are you working on anything regarding marketing ? or are do you firmly believe that just posting your progress is enough ?

It have been proven with other coins in the past - it is a mistake to have a forum in the coin's website - people posting their card's settings , or talk about the coin - should be done in a place like bitcointalk - as it generates traffic and shows outsiders who come to take a look... that this coin is alive and has a community behind it.

Of course...info for public and businesses - questions and answers regarding how to get their "gift" coins should probably be in your web site. but the rest should be directed to a place like bitcointalk.

Cheers

P.S - Isracoin's logo -  I do guess that someone from the team or a friend of yours made it for you... it's not bad to put pride aside and just let someone else polish it - the logo idea looks GOOD... just the "finishing" (the metallic color) looks bad.  What about a bounty to polish up your logo and maybe a bounty(contest) to make the web site look better ? both are the face of the coin... its worth making them look better.
N1ghtcrawl3r

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:07:01 AM

So I guess everyone is Dumping their coins.  Grin   Tongue
IsraelCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 12:53:24 AM

Not even remotely.
Look at the total 24h $ volume - translated to BTC and then to ISR, it is barely enough to transact the full daily mining even after the value drop.
This means about >95% of people are holding on to their coins.
(very rough numbers, but you get the idea).

It is very easy for people to manipulate the market right now because of the low volumes.
Especially for multipools.

Isracoin team
y80

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:41:57 AM

are you paying attention to the volume at all? dumping?
N1ghtcrawl3r

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:42:11 AM

So I guess everyone is Dumping their coins.  Grin   Tongue

are you paying attention to the volume at all? dumping?

My Bad... Huh

Didn't realize how little volume could effect the price. Looks like there has only been three of four thousand ISR sold today on BittRex. I also have been noticing the Network Hash Rate Dropping quite rapidly, so I assumed peopled were loosing interest cuz of the price drop.

Last night there was tons of sales of ISR on Bitrexx. much more than what i am used to seeing

I assumed this was going on else where too.

pandor

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:39:38 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 11:07:23 AM by pandor

I still don't get how I'm the only poster here who is concerned about this coin's marketing in the crypto-currency world.

The price drop is a direct result of popularity dropping - having the DEV coming out with amazing and true announcements will not have the same effect when the coin doesn't have a big enough community to spread the word about it.

I will just say this - the person (whoever is the one in charge giving answers to the public) rules out and ignors every question that he doesn't like being asked.

I've just read the Israeli Isracoin forum - when people explain to him in a good way about the minus's of using scrypt and not only because of ASICS.   the spokesman gave one diplomatic answer and ignored all the rest of the debate and questions that community members brought to the table... or maybe he just doesn't have the technical knowledge and understanding of the crypto currency world to see get it.

changes are best NOW and not a year from now when it might be almost IMPOSSIBLE .

Consider getting a bounty for getting a GOOD programmer to help you... and just move it to a different ALGO.

Consider getting a bounty to get a spokesman who makes the community see that this the DEV team do care about their opinions and suggestions.

Consider getting a bounty to get a person who will actually research things for you - as it clearly shows that you have a GREAT idea that might fall due to lack of knowledge or arrogance.

Consider getting a bounty for polishing up a logo - don't call other coins "coins created by kids" when this logo looks like it was create by someone in his first month of photoshop class. same goes to the website design.

BTW 1-2 minutes transaction time is NOT GOOD - you will have to make changes to your ALGO within a year anyway... ( saying that bitcoin transactions take a 100 years is not an excuse )

P.S - please think about how you present yourself to the world - and don't say stuff like "We are not aurora coin we are not this coin" or talk about how you are not a bunch of kids who created a shitcoin and so on.  I do believe that your intentions are to create something better - just please show some humility and do not to bash other coins before you have SUCCESS to back up your words.

CryptoBull

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:38:34 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 08:48:42 AM by CryptoBull

I still don't get how I'm the only poster here who is concerned about this coin's marketing in the crypto-currency world.

The price drop is a direct result of popularity dropping - having the DEV coming out with amazing and true announcements will not have the same effect when the coin doesn't have a big enough community to spread the word about it.

I will just say this - the person (whoever is the one in charge giving answers to the public) rules out and ignors every question that he doesn't like being asked.

I've just read the Israeli Isracoin forum - when people explain to him in a good way about the minus's of using scrypt and not only because of ASICS.   the spokesman gave one diplomatic answer and ignored all the rest of the debate and questions that community members brought to the table... or maybe he just doesn't have the technical knowledge and understanding of the crypto currency world to see get it.

changes are best NOW and not a year from now when it might be almost IMPOSSIBLE .

Consider getting a bounty for getting a GOOD programmer to help you... and just move it to a different ALGO.

Consider getting a bounty to get a spokesman who makes the community see that this the DEV team do care about their opinions and suggestions.

Consider getting a bounty to get a person who will actually research things for you - as it clearly shows that you have a GREAT idea that might fall due to lack of knowledge or arrogance.

Consider getting a bounty for polishing up a logo - don't call other coins "coins created by kids" when this logo looks like it was create by someone in his first month of photoshop class. same goes to the website design.

BTW 1-2 minutes transaction time is NOT GOOD - you will have to make changes to your ALGO within a year anyway... ( saying that bitcoin transactions take a 100 years is not an excuse )

P.S - please think about how you present yourself to the world - and don't say stuff like "We are not aurora coin we are not this coin" or talk about how you are not a bunch of kids who created a shitcoin and so on.  I do believe that your intentions are to create something better - just please show some humility and do not to bash other coins before you have SUCCESS to back up your words.

Yes finaly somebody to tell the dev the truth !
Isr team i am telling you this with all the goodness in my heart regarding this coin:

we are part of the community

we can make suggestions to make the coin more and more good looking to the public because marketing is essential for every coin not only ISR

if you are going to ignore every suggestion and even give a proper answer you should consider to change your spokesman or better take a note and try to listen to the community

when i asked do you think that you should give us some good news if there are any at all you should be glad that we have interest in the coin because i am in the mining/trading business with alt-coins for over 3 years now and yes i don't know codding and etc. but i know economics and crypto-economics which is very different from the previous one i can assure you( and i know you know that for sure)

i am not looking for easy pump and dump coin i am looking for a long term coin which can be a great investment if i play my cards right,if you give a chance for the community to be happy and glad from the coin,the playing of the cards if i may say so would be very nice and long process rather than you keeping secrets because you don't have any result yet

i am speaking for my self only here but i will put it this way if i don't see a strong marketing soon and some good news which can make the price up again to it's former levels from 1 week early ( and this is not a treat i can assure you)
most of the community will kick the brakes selling their coins and then you will have the pump and dump day trading gamers!

i am very glad that i am part of this community, i am very glad for being in part of the Crypto-Universe because someday i will tell my grandchildren that i was there mining,supporting and giving my part for this revolution to happen.
I wish you a great week and do remember that we are all saying this because we have a reason to, stop avoiding our questions please Smiley
we are(the community)  like parents teaching our kid ( isr-coin) how to be a better crypto and nothing more you can take our advice and let us have a conversation rather than opposing us and giving us examples like a teenager.

Thank you

Captain Positive Cool
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 03:43:18 PM

Agreed with the last two posts. I've been holding many ISR since day 1 and watching my the coin value goes down is not very fun. I'm not in for a quick dump but Badger is starting to look better than ISR on BT now.  Huh
N1ghtcrawl3r

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:19:11 PM

Well i'm gonna keep on mining it for a couple more weeks and hope the price improves. I've noticed the Network hash rate has improved quite significantly.

I generally like this coin. It does seem like the developers are trying their best to make this a serious currency rather than some of the other currencies.

I wish there was some way to stabilize the value of Isracoin. I know with market prices this is very hard to control. Perhaps there is a way to value Isr like how the Chinese value the Remembi. Again its not like there is an ISR central bank. Or its not like you can value against a basket of crypto currencies.

Anyways those are my silly idea.  Grin
IsraelCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 05:25:36 PM

Well i'm gonna keep on mining it for a couple more weeks and hope the price improves. I've noticed the Network hash rate has improved quite significantly.

I generally like this coin. It does seem like the developers are trying their best to make this a serious currency rather than some of the other currencies.

I wish there was some way to stabilize the value of Isracoin. I know with market prices this is very hard to control. Perhaps there is a way to value Isr like how the Chinese value the Remembi. Again its not like there is an ISR central bank. Or its not like you can value against a basket of crypto currencies.

Anyways those are my silly idea.  Grin

We are actually working on something to the effect you mentioned. Smiley
Hoping to announce it for beta very soon.
We feel stabilization is very important and want to help our miners fight against the would-be pumpers and dumpers and other manipulators.

As always, when we have something tangible to announce, you can count on it happening.

Isracoin team
IsraelCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 05:34:38 PM

Regarding the posts discussing changing the Algo, We don't have any current plans for this.
We appreciate the input from everyone on this, but have to be reserved and say that this type of change is far from trivial and could potentially harbor many risks that cannot be determined right now. It is enough to see how things like openssl which was supposed to be airtight, ended up being broken and insecure for a whole 2 years. Taking a gamble on a new algo that has not been tried and tested as Scrypt has, would be irresponsible on our part.

With that said, we are looking around (with what little time we can afford to divert from the main things) to see what it would entail, possible benefits, risks, downsides and so on.
If someone out there has concrete experience with, for example, Groestl we welcome their input. (By experience we mean actual coin coding related experience, not mining).

Isracoin team
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: