Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:32:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Data safety on Centralized exchanges  (Read 624 times)
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 04:59:42 PM

Thanks to the incarnation of a relevant discussion, centralized exchanges will increase security on their systems to a much greater extent just as business transactions will be smoother and data will be secure.
It would have been great if this is all there is to centralized exchanges and users data but no, things won't end up like you said, centralized exchanges have no power to neglect whatever the law wants, sooner or later they will have to abide or face the consequences, of government entities need users data for tracking purposes who dares says no? We might end up trusting DEX only later on

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 05:33:12 PM

You still think that your data is save on Centralized exchanges? Think again, today australian crypto exchange accidentally expose users information, over 270,000 customers data is exposed, what kinda mistake is this anyways?

https://ia.acs.org.au/article/2020/australian-crypto-exchange-exposes-emails.html

Data privacy is becoming a huge challenge in the world not just in the crypto space, but talking about data safety in centralized exchanges is a long discussion because there are many things to put into account. First centralized exchanges have enough volume and good user interface and this makes them very attractive unlike its counterpart decentralized exchanges, thus to enjoy more trading in most exchanges like Binance, you will need a verified account. Also, most centralized exchanges now supports fiat withdrawal and the first step towards withdrawal is having a verified account, thus you can see most times users have no choice than to do what they have to do in order to make it easy for them. And lastly, centralized exchanges most of the times, acts on the directives of the law enforcement.
But however, all these doesn't outmatch their incompetencies in securing users data thus should take full responsibility for their failure in that. This also means that, users should at all times take every step to protect their data, in whichever way they can, there are good Dex, P2P platform are also there etc. 

Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 18, 2020, 11:13:14 PM

The internet is evolving with each passing year and the security methods are following this evolution line and with crypto it's no different. So, as the comment above said, at the moment we do not find any 100% effective security and that we can trust all of our information and finances and what we can do is hinder some access or resort to the justice of your country to ensure your rights.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 02:33:19 PM

If you care so much about your information and identity pls don't go near Centralized exchanges, even if top exchanges are more reliable because of their reps they can still become victims to hacks and vital informations can be exposed, DEXs wins the data security in crypto space, it's why I wish that DEX can be as good as Centralized exchanges someday.
Tale your time to open the best DEX website (Uniswap) right now and you will see a warning sign about some scammers creating fake tokens and sell them on uniswap, how can you say that DEX is safe? If you lose money to cloned tokens you aren't getting a refund, if you lose money to top exchanges there is a chance of getting refunded

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
kasakola

Activity: 148
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 05:07:34 PM

First of all I would suggest not to give your data with centralized exchanges to anyone because they can do a lot by stealing our data. But yes I also say that when we are involved in this type of cricket we need it for buying and selling so I can talk binance and huobi for my convenience, and I have done so. There are many exchanges where you don't have to give any data and for that you have to work within their limited. That means you have to work at your own risk.

CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 05:23:10 PM

Presently binance and many other top exchanges haven't compulsory KYC to their users, if you aren't trading with huge amount of money you won't have problem with the limited 24hrs withdrawal on binance exchange and other top exchanges, to say the truth DEX isn't a good place for trading but if in near future the SEC or law force top exchanges to start rejecting non-verified users off the Exchanges we will have no choice but to complete the KYC verification

This can really happen, but not all over the world.
Regulators operate in certain locations, which means we can always find a large exchange that will provide us with the necessary functionality without having to go through the identification procedure so hated by many.
Binance can request identification at any time if they don't like something.

Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 08:28:03 PM

Everyone should be careful when it comes to centralized exchanges. I suggest that you should not use your personal email and of course password which you use in other places.

You are right. Not your keys not your coins irrespective of precaution measures you took. It's very important we always remember that no matter how secure how centralized exchange is, they can be hack and your personal information and assets can be toy with.
One can used personal email and password, it all depends on how secure you are with your account, I believe every crypto exchange has a 2FA which can be another precaution and measure for safeguarding once account.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 11:09:13 AM

Thanks to the incarnation of a relevant discussion, centralized exchanges will increase security on their systems to a much greater extent just as business transactions will be smoother and data will be secure.

Most users are not yet ready for decentralized services. They prefer centralized exchanges because of convenience and are even willing to turn a blind eye to privileges such as privacy, security, and freedom. Many people still do not understand all the advantages of working with decentralized exchanges.  Lips sealed
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
December 20, 2020, 12:37:59 PM

First of all I would suggest not to give your data with centralized exchanges to anyone because they can do a lot by stealing our data. But yes I also say that when we are involved in this type of cricket we need it for buying and selling so I can talk binance and huobi for my convenience, and I have done so. There are many exchanges where you don't have to give any data and for that you have to work within their limited. That means you have to work at your own risk.

Are you saying that to tens of thousands of people who are actually forced by centralized exchanges to disclose their personal data?
Alas, for most traders in need of good liquidity, there is no choice. They have to put up with the fact that exchanges receive their personal data in exchange for providing a quality exchange opportunity.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: