Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:27:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RX 570 8g mining settings help  (Read 318 times)
stewAstew (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 07:30:38 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2020, 10:51:07 PM by stewAstew

I'm new to mining so please go easy on me for not understanding everything there is to know about mining settings. So on nicehash it's reporting that I can get a hash rate somewhere close to 30MH on DaggerHashimoto but I'm only getting around 24, 25 sometimes. My settings are switched to compute with a clock speed of 950mhz/850mv and memory speed of 2000MHz/900. I haven't flashed any sort of mining friendly bios because I'm pretty new to this and don't want to mess anything up. I'm also getting a DAG error message on ClaymoreDual saying I don't have enough memory so I'm running on NBMiner instead. Any suggestions or helpful insights are more than appreciated. Thanks!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2522

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
December 03, 2020, 08:08:21 PM

Biggest suggestion is that you learn that not all crypto coins are Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is a very specific coin with very specific hardware requirements - ASIC-based hardware only, no GPU's or CPU's as they are far too slow to mine BTC.

You are talking about mining altcoins and they have their own section in the Forum located here. You posted in the Bitcoin area so expect mods to move this where it belongs...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ummasek

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 06:02:25 AM

try to use phoenix miner but the newest ver. with option -rxboost 1 -gt 0 (thats for the start)
use overclocking 1100 core and 2050 memclock
if can tell me what 570 model is it, maybe i can tell You more haw much juice put on the chip - i would put 0,860 for start.
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 06:33:20 AM

Just because some RX570 can do 30MH doesn't mean yours can also do it, I have 5  different RX570 Asus brand and mining Ethereum will all these cards in a single motherboard only 3 stays at 30MH/s, the remaining two RX570 stays at 28MH, I'm surprised because they are all same brand, welcome to mining world

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Gunday_07

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 06:52:33 AM

I suggest you trying different miners because results might be different, you can start with Ethminer or Claymore or even Minergate, results will definitely be varies, also make sure you reset the clocks back to factory because some cards don't like overclocking, they will perform worse

Phoenix_PROG

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 07:04:03 AM

1. Are you using the latest update miner?
2. Have you overclock the card before?
3. Have you flash bios before?
4. What AMD driver are you using?

If you can drop more details you will be able to get good answers, here are some things to check out

1. Try putting the card into compute mode
2. Make sure you aren't using blockchain drivers
3. Use phoenix miner, you will be warned if gpu isn't in compute mode
New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 08:55:25 AM

I'm pretty curious about the memory of your GPU, is it a samsung or hynix? That's very important too as to get the right tweaking for the graphic card, I have 6 sapphire RX570 8gb variants with hynix memory, out of the box these cards only gives 18MH/s and after bios mod and few claymore tweaks i have achieved 30MH to 31MH per card
Dariusburst

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 09:09:35 AM

I'm new to mining so please go easy on me for not understanding everything there is to know about mining settings. So on nicehash it's reporting that I can get a hash rate somewhere close to 30MH on DaggerHashimoto but I'm only getting around 24, 25 sometimes. My settings are switched to compute with a clock speed of 950mhz/850mv and memory speed of 2000MHz/900. I haven't flashed any sort of mining friendly bios because I'm pretty new to this and don't want to mess anything up. I'm also getting a DAG error message on ClaymoreDual saying I don't have enough memory so I'm running on NBMiner instead. Any suggestions or helpful insights are more than appreciated. Thanks!

I once find myself in such same state before and I'm not that good with tweaking and configuring miners but using HIVE OS erase all the problem for me, thanks to a friend who talked me into trying the OS out, the best config for your GPU will be automatically put to work, HiveOS always kept up to date has the latest miner and you can also monitor your rig remotely using your smartphone, give this OS a try and drop a feedback later
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 11:47:44 AM

To get the maximum performance out of these video cards in mining, you will need to modify the BIOS.
Bios Flashing of amd radeon graphics card for mining (rx 580, 570, 470, 480):
https://mining-help.com/articles/chavo-faq/chavo-faq-proshivka-gpu/89-proshivka-biosa-videokarty-amd-radeon-dlja-maininga-rx-580-570-470-480/
Software methods for changing the straps do not always help to get the maximum result.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 02:44:36 PM

If your graphic card is getting around 22-24 MH per second then it has a micron memory type, the best RX4** or RX5** GPUs are those with Hynix and Elpida memory types, they brings 30-31MH/S out of the box with zero overclocking, you should consider a BIOS MOD, you will need to follow the process in this link below

https://1stminingrig.com/sapphire-rx-470-nitro-oc-4gb-bios-flash-mod-tutorial-hynix-elpida-samsung-micron/

Goodluck

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
stewAstew (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 05:17:35 PM

Thanks for all the helpful advice. This community is great! I went ahead and found that hynix memory so I went and did a bios mod to change the timing. 1500 > Straps I believe. Then I set gpu to 1200 and 2200/880mv and it's getting  31.57MH now. I am getting some rejections. I've had it running for a while and its something like 770 accepts to 10 rejects. Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting those rejects? Again, thanks for all the help and support especially New_order, FP91G, and OasisDre. That memory tidbit was extremely helpful. I thought flashing the bios would be difficult, but it wasn't bad at all.
miner29

Activity: 1262
Merit: 138

View Profile
December 04, 2020, 06:21:13 PM

Thanks for all the helpful advice. This community is great! I went ahead and found that hynix memory so I went and did a bios mod to change the timing. 1500 > Straps I believe. Then I set gpu to 1200 and 2200/880mv and it's getting  31.57MH now. I am getting some rejections. I've had it running for a while and its something like 770 accepts to 10 rejects. Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting those rejects? Again, thanks for all the help and support especially New_order, FP91G, and OasisDre. That memory tidbit was extremely helpful. I thought flashing the bios would be difficult, but it wasn't bad at all.

Try lowering the core by 50 or 55.  If no better the same with the memory. 
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2020, 03:42:45 PM

Thanks for all the helpful advice. This community is great! I went ahead and found that hynix memory so I went and did a bios mod to change the timing. 1500 > Straps I believe. Then I set gpu to 1200 and 2200/880mv and it's getting  31.57MH now. I am getting some rejections. I've had it running for a while and its something like 770 accepts to 10 rejects. Anyone have any ideas as to why I'm getting those rejects? Again, thanks for all the help and support especially New_order, FP91G, and OasisDre. That memory tidbit was extremely helpful. I thought flashing the bios would be difficult, but it wasn't bad at all.
2200/880mv - these are very optimistic values, with such parameters, even my video cards do not work.
Try to decrease memory frequency and increase consumption
The optimal values will probably be: 2000-2150 and 900-950mv.
Change the values gradually and you will find the optimal settings
And my core settings are 1100-1170

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 08:27:14 AM

Maybe you overclock too much? You need to relax in this part as it requires patience, reduce the memory frequency bit by bit and keep trying again until the rejection blocks grows lower in numbers, or probably try different miners too, result and balance may vary

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 10:53:56 AM

Maybe you overclock too much? You need to relax in this part as it requires patience, reduce the memory frequency bit by bit and keep trying again until the rejection blocks grows lower in numbers, or probably try different miners too, result and balance may vary
Changing the miner will not help to solve the problem if the video cards cannot work stably in overclocked mode.
I suggest using Team Red Miner or Phoenix Miner because they are the most stable and proven ones

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2020, 12:33:59 PM

Changing the miner will not help to solve the problem if the video cards cannot work stably in overclocked mode.
I suggest using Team Red Miner or Phoenix Miner because they are the most stable and proven ones
If I am OP I've prefer to lose 1-2 MH/S for stability, the memory version of the gpu is the real culprit, just reduce over clock settings and live with 29MH/s, I have few RX470 that are mining at this rate even after bios modification, it's still better than their stock clock of 21MH/S
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: