Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:42:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Email address exposure in spreadsheet  (Read 1128 times)
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 11:28:24 AM

I am also favor of hiding email addresses in the bounty spreadsheet cause I found it unnecessary to be include in the sheets. Exposing emails can be used by scammers to scam other people by sending fake emails, sending links which may lead to pishing sites. But the decision is still up to the bounty manager whether he/she hide the email address or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 12:30:36 PM

maybe the manager does that to avoid fraud and anticipates it but other people take advantage of it and take our email and then pass it on, actually if you get an email like an airdrop or information about other crypto it really helps, the problem is if someone sends a scam or fraudulent email to people new to crypto

I often receive some strange emails after I register my real emails to some of the airdrops and bounties that I have joined before and the result my email is like the garbage of spam messages. You don't need to click all the links to check if they are real or not. instead, don't gamble your email to check those stuff and just delete all of them when you are not sure where you get those messages. Usually, they tell you about your account on another website that it needs to change its password and that's their strategy to access your account because what they gave you is a link from a phishing website.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 01:55:44 PM

Maybe that bounty manager is new, he didn't know how risky to exposed the email addresses of the bounty participants in the spreadsheet. He should hide it because they will get spam emails. I advice to the bounty hunters that do not use your main email when joining bounties, just use a second email for it.

gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 01:57:36 PM

We should ask the bounty manager to hide the email Id column in the spreadsheet but It happens in some bounties some bounty managers are smart they do hide the emails in the spreadsheet without asking but some are careless they should know hacker or promoters copy the emails to send their phishing links or promotional links that I hate to open it. I usually avoid all such links until and unless from a trusted source. Even we should know there are sellers who sell the email list in exchange of money So we have to use different email id for the bounties.

Bitloca

Activity: 316
Merit: 1

i love turtle

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 08:58:47 AM

I don't really care about my email being exposed on the spreadsheet, because it's just a work email, not a personal email, and I don't check those emails very often. so there is no problem.

i love turtle │  i love turtle │  i love turtle
i love bitcoin │ i love bitcoin │ i love bitcoin
i love bitcointalk │  i love bitcointalk │
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 10:05:22 AM

Bounty managers please kindly start hiding emails in your spreadsheet because I always like using new email for bounty participation and I surprised that there are many offer mails in my email account, some are free airdrop some are affiliate marketing offers, I still remember that some people are selling email addresses online, it will be easier for such people to go through bounty spreadsheet and pack the whole email address

It really is part of the job of a bounty manager to hide information like personal e-mail adresses from the public.
For some bounties there is KYC required, which means you also need to provide an e-mail adress and even way more sensitive data too.
So it's very important that boutny managers don't just copy and paste that info into their public spreadsheet.
The only thing this spreadsheet should contain is your forum name, twitter name, telegram handle or whatever identifies you and the address the payment goes to. Nothing else.
uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2021, 12:12:40 PM

I don't really care about my email being exposed on the spreadsheet, because it's just a work email, not a personal email, and I don't check those emails very often. so there is no problem.

Well not all people here are using different emails or work emails just like you. If you're not having any problem then good, but some are having real issues. And bounty managers need to be aware about the spreadsheet that they are publishing in public.

And you may not now check your mails but don't wait for the time where you accidentally click a pop up email coming from an unknown sender and then boom, lost some of your precious stones. So you better need to have a problem about it.  Wink
Natalim

Activity: 2912
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 12:52:55 PM

So it's better to separate your email address in a bounty campaign so it will become safe. But it's better if they are keeping hiding the email address of the participants so people feel safe that their information is really safe because some people are scared of exposing some of their identity because they really want to be anonymous here in the bitcointalk and the crypto world
It's nice if the email is hidden so email is only for a certain project you are promoting. On the other hand, you are right that we should separate personal email and for bounty email requirement so our personal information will not be compromise.

When I was still actively participating in bounty, I made sure not to use my real email as I want to be anonymous and that's what I like to promote being in the crypto space, so we should be smart at the same time while joining a bounty campaign because we cannot control the bounty managers.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2021, 01:12:06 PM

Email crypto spam is the big problem. Only special email address for crypto could solve this problem more or less
I agree. Email spamming is so annoying sometimes hackers send some phishing links on it that is why creating special crypto email is advisable for your convenience, safety and privacy. This is not just the bounty manager's obligation but we can request for them to hide our emails but it is also on our part to be aware of this.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
BaeSuzy

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 01:27:58 PM

Dude if you deciding to join the bounty campaign i think u smart enough to not use ur real email.. You can use a new email just for bounty, how can you use ur real email for bounty it will be a lot of spam coming into ur inbox.

Bazlur

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 01:37:31 PM

I don't think anyone who works in cryptocurrency submits a personal email. Everyone submits work email. But the problem is that some times we may receive phishing email. And if you click on that phishing email by mistake, your crypto asset can be stolen. Also, emails with different offers seem annoying to me.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
kak uli

Activity: 1246
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 04:47:52 AM

I think your writing can be an input for the bounty manager you are referring to. I agree with you.
  Manager should be able to hide bounty participant e-mails should not be displayed in the spreadsheet. because it can be misused by other parties

yurez

Activity: 2520
Merit: 711

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 01:02:37 PM

I don't even know for what purpose bounty managers collect email address data from bounty participants, if only in the future to send spam or something else. To weed out bots, it is enough to publish a link to a PoA post.
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1178

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 09:54:27 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2021, 07:07:43 AM by bakasabo

I don't even know for what purpose bounty managers collect email address data from bounty participants, if only in the future to send spam or something else. To weed out bots, it is enough to publish a link to a PoA post.

Some projects, that distribute rewards to dashboard, identify users mostly by email. They match email from spreadsheet/registration form with the one user created account and confirmed it. The false opinion is that bounty hunters are identified on the dashboard by adding their ERC20 address to it. But that is not true. Because if this was, cheaters will search spreadsheet for highest reward and add its ERC20 address to their dashboard account.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x