Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:28:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Future?  (Read 1955 times)
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 08:53:42 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2014, 10:54:21 PM by greentea

I know nobody can predict the future, but what are your expectations of the future of Quark? There was huge hope for it for year 2014 and now see what happened like other shitcoins it is dipping in the shits. Any suggestion ?

Look what happened to most coins everything is competing for the small pool of capital amongst the alt-coins looking for a quick buck... Quark was and still is a top 10 coin, having been around longer than most so it has staying power.

All the BS about premine/instamine is just that.  Look at Blackcoin, it's mining phase was just 1 week!  lol ... Quark's was 6 months and you can still mine it giving a healthy .5% inflation each year.  Work is being done to get a Foundation pool as well as a multipool going that pays in Quark.

It's the only one in the top ten with a unique hashing algo as well as the fastest.  Once scrypt ASIC start coming on scene in the summer this should boost QRK as well.

It's no surprise that there are dozens of Quark clones because it is a unique coin, even though taken from Sifcoin, it's the current leader of its coin family.  http://www.quarkcoins.com/quark-clones.html

Although the community is not large it is active and gets things done.  I'd say it's a good time to buy and accumulate nad put in your portfolio, although don't invest more than you can afford to lose

• Android wallet - check
  • Promo video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrNnrvet7Ao) only a few coins even have one
  • Active Foundation and Reddit
  • Quark Press Team
  • Auto-mining wallet to secure the network
  • and a handful of other things in the pipeline ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 08:56:34 PM

Myself, I'm keeping an eye on Quark even though I have none. What keeps me watching it is that QRK is really hated even though the alleged events that prompted the hate-on took place eons ago in cyber time.

In fact, Quark is a lot like residential real estate and bank stocks as of 2009. Just like the investment categories that distressed value investors sift through when the hype has finally turned into net loathing.

Phases like the post-hangover hate period are great for a certain type of speculator. In that category, you have time for a real due diligence - a really thorough due diligence - because the thing will be at pretty much the same price throughout the DD tour of duty. And you never know what you find...

Back in '09, I was doing the value-investment thing and I came across...EarthLink. EarthLink was a star of the Internet bubble, yet there it was in '09 with stable earnings, a low price-earnings ratio, and a dividend yield of 5+% per year with enough earnings to cover the dividend. It was like bumping into a former "Jackass"/Tucker Max Internet star several years after his peak in notoriety - only to find him married, a father of two, faithful to his wife, gainfully employed as an actuary in an insurance company and living in a quiet neighbourhood.

To move back to the present subject, the current stall in Bitcoin means amateurs like me have real breathing room to poke through the source code, figure out how its algos tick and how they hang together. I'm way too late for the good old days of fun, evangelism and hope, but I appreciate the "break" anyways. Thankfully, the fact that almost all of the altcoins are Bitcoin with tweaks or add-ons means that plowing through Bitcoin means plowing through virtually all of them. 

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:13:20 PM

Myself, I'm keeping an eye on Quark even though I have none. What keeps me watching it is that QRK is really hated even though the alleged events that prompted the hate-on took place eons ago in cyber time.

In fact, Quark is a lot like residential real estate and bank stocks as of 2009. Just like the investment categories that distressed value investors sift through when the hype has finally turned into net loathing.

Phases like the post-hangover hate period are great for a certain type of speculator. In that category, you have time for a real due diligence - a really thorough due diligence - because the thing will be at pretty much the same price throughout the DD tour of duty. And you never know what you find...

Back in '09, I was doing the value-investment thing and I came across...EarthLink. EarthLink was a star of the Internet bubble, yet there it was in '09 with stable earnings, a low price-earnings ratio, and a dividend yield of 5+% per year with enough earnings to cover the dividend. It was like bumping into a former "Jackass"/Tucker Max Internet star several years after his peak in notoriety - only to find him married, a father of two, faithful to his wife, gainfully employed as an actuary in an insurance company and living in a quiet neighbourhood.

To move back to the present subject, the current stall in Bitcoin means amateurs like me have real breathing room to poke through the source code, figure out how its algos tick and how they hang together. I'm way too late for the good old days of fun, evangelism and hope, but I appreciate the "break" anyways. Thankfully, the fact that almost all of the altcoins are Bitcoin with tweaks or add-ons means that plowing through Bitcoin means plowing through virtually all of them. 

Interesting read from a different perspective
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:32:19 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/21cqwe/i_dont_know_if_i_understand_much_of_anything_but/

"
Okay so I'm just freewriting it isn't a through narrative bits are out of order and its not been proof read whatnot but I've always read very deeply into things and this is where I see the image of QRK needing to go in public relations. As a suggestion I would say that NOW is the time to get in on quark. The time to buy is when everyone else is selling Also Rise on Rumor Fall on Fact. The Thudnerclap PR event delayed one week but soon lots of people will hear about QRK and what it means for crypto. https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9706-let-s-reinvent-money-together?locale=en

- Consider this. Quark had many key investers pull out and cut it's market cap by 2/3 it is now affordable, undervalued, and is also no longer going to be in a huge inflationary mining period relatively stable in supply vs the Bitcoin that has 2million worth come out to miners every day.

- Miners who continue to operate QRK do so out of the desire for crypto to succeed NOT the centralized profit of hashing and burning electricity which are ASIC farms and scam coins clone coins - just waste power and promote your brand, hope people buy sumz (loz) -

- QRK represents low power (though not as low as Proof of Stake coins) so is green

- QRK represents the future, space, dimensional shifts as this is a paradigm shift technology that can propell us to class 1 and to the stars I think the branding is sound.

You have to sell like 2 million in bitcoin a day to keep it moving sideways - which it is, good for that - but until it's poised to explode in FAME or DESIRE like any good marketing it is only being touted as UNSAFE and FEARFUL, until the image of it changes... it will continue to put along. Don't get me wrong, I think buying a little every week is sound but it is volatile until the fear subsides and it becomes the worldwide Em Pessa - but for now BTC functions very well with people already ON Em Pessa or equivalent because the virtual currency world already makes sense to them and they don't fear it they use it every day. VISA hasn't done enough propaganda there - but the cell phone company instead promotes it well; Wink All in the interest of their own however.

QRK represents miners who are not in it for profit, they are in it for eachother and having a good network that we can start facilitating trade right away and is possibly thwarting the backdoors the NSA has put in processors and the basic SHA cryptographic algorythms.

QRK is asic resistant and even more democratic as CPUs will be able to secure the network just as easily and get a little of the transaction fee that helps trickle slow inflation in to sustain growth.

Each of the well timed attacks and suspicious exchange accounting and media scares make a move, they only DELAY the inevitable. But for now the delay is keepin coin low enough that they can do what they always do, buy it up for pennies on the dollar while everyone else follows their scare, The Rothchilds been doing this since Napolean. Spread rumor to provide a panic sell you buy into, the longer you can sustain panic the longer the run on the bank the longer the rumors could be perceived as true, the more time you have to manipulate.

Quark will not have any major mining to contend with. New coins are not going to be cashed out to pay the mining electric bill. NOW it is the first network run by enthusiasts who just want adoption. It has been PR slammed as "premine" to the miners who didn't get it. However it isn't a premine it was a gold RUSH. It was advertised and all miners had the choice of putting their rig to it or not. Now some wanted to get rich others wanted to further the EXPERAMENT. Those who didn't point their rig there are mad and wont adopt it because they didn't understand what a fast mine represented in the experament of crypto - they didn't get it and since they "missed out" they continue to spread and repeat the propaganda and thus cause fear...

you see where I'm going the time to buy is when the sore losers are spreading the fear - QRK has a potential to be a cornerstone of valuing cryptos - the "gold standard" may be the "quark standard" very soon.

The supply for BTC outweighs demand (artificially created demand by the wizards of ounces who spin the stories or write the legal frameworks) and until the amount of coins being bought daily equals the sum total of the electric bills those big corporate farms have to pay they have to sell out to lower buy demands to pay the bills or face bankruptcy.

Exactly what VISA and Morgan are good at (cough westing house pulling funds from Tesla so he goes bankrupt because the rothchilds wanted to sell all the copper in copper wires in edisons proposals considering we were just opening up the Klondike and Yukon for lead zinc copper and gold, it would bankrupt the silver miners, the coinage act of 1879 helping kill silver for good in the 1900 McKinely election. The reason the mountain DENALI is nick named that was a PR spin on gold and getting gold mining to unite over the cause of destroying the percieved value of silver. Actually the book the Wizards of Ounces (Oz) came out 8 years later.

No more subscribing to systems where the demand and supply is manipulated by a few. You were told it was the Mexicans or Obama that made you pay so much more for soda in the last 4 years. It was a combo of increasing the money supply vs restricting the aluminum supply (which is controlled by Goldman Sachs) - those who know what tax dollars will subsidize know where value is created and those who control supply know when it can be restricted.

Actually this is the propaganda JP Morgan used to sell us in the fractional reserve lending system. "Providing the liquidity when you need it" "the damn holds the reserves for a time necissary to use them) ... they didn't mention they would just exponentially print more and more each year.

QRK isn't going to print any more very soon - it will the a direct competitor to every inflationary coin - look out."
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: