Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:03:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]-[IUM] Neuralium MAINNET launch date Confirmed. January 23nd 2021 ≈11:00-5  (Read 3439 times)
marco89

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 06:40:33 AM

yes, continue speaking like a polithic about abstract things and not materials facts.
and keep ignoring the problem of sync stucked from more than 12h Cheesy
your project deserve total failure if you are not able to fix a thing like this
really people want to listen someone that don't care that at all?

BTC: 1NCJRUoVo1L1SV4kJDk5e9Ai67ZufEbFnw
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeuraliumJd (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 01:19:02 PM

Hey everyone!

here is an update from the team.

Things are doing very well, we now have 8000 active miners, and still growing fast, yoohoo! The team continues to be very active in improving everything daily. every day a bit better as we say.

Now important for everyone, we all have to update to the latest version of 1.0.1.20.  I had a bug in my math and the account Ids in previous versions are wrong, so we all need to upgrade to latest version. Especially if you intend to do appointments. Due to regional differences in the dates interpretation, we had to change the format to make sure it was more international, and everybody needs to new version to perform appointments correctly.

Because of this week's transition to the new version, appointments will surely be rocky a bit this week, but everything should be resorbed by next week. again, be sure to keep up to date on versions, it will move fast this week.

We also finally decided on our the schedule that will get us going for the next few months.  Here it is:

• Central region will be on Mondays at 12:00 UTC
  • Orient region will be on Wednesdays at 16:00 UTC
  • Occident region will be on Saturdays at 00:00 UTC   (friday in the targeted timezones)

so come and visit us in our channels, at this point, sky's the limit everyone!

Daltonik
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:25:55 PM

yes, continue speaking like a polithic about abstract things and not materials facts.
and keep ignoring the problem of sync stucked from more than 12h Cheesy
your project deserve total failure if you are not able to fix a thing like this
really people want to listen someone that don't care that at all?

I am not sure that desynchronization is a common problem, for example, I switched to using the mobile version of mining and there is no lag from the network for the last four days, according to my observations, the transition from the mobile network to wi-fi is not noticeable. Smiley
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2021, 08:04:43 PM

yup, network is fine and going strong. and every day we fix more bugs that make it even better. for example, v22 brings in more fixes that will make a huge difference.

Some people don't understand what is the process of development of new and innovative projects.  They forget that BTC was riddled with bugs for it's entire first year of existence too. They only want the "corporate experience" of pitch perfect software from day one. For these people, other projects are surely better; IUM is fully home-brew. Getting massively better every day though, but still hand crafted by a small team of 4 unpaid devs.  Some people will never understand that and it's fine. let's move forward shall we.   Smiley

For everyone else, version 1.22 should arrive by the end of the week end and will bring a large number of bug fixes. stay tuned
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
March 01, 2021, 10:55:06 PM

Since JD has not posted anything about it here and it is pretty crucial or important for the users.

https://discord.com/channels/619305180235825162/619305180235825166/815929976129060884

Quick note for those who have upgraded their wallet either it is a server or a user wallet to v22.
v22 has a bug in base32 serialization that is causing issues with account Ids, there is a chance for your transaction to go missing.
That means please do not send anything right now if you are still using this version to prevent you from losing your coin.

NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2021, 11:08:37 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2021, 11:33:40 PM by NeuraliumJd

Thank you Javi!

yes, very important, everyone should upgrade to the new version v23. Desktop is already released and mobile will be released anytime now. It has very important bug fixes and previous versions should be deleted as they can be dangerous if transactions are sent. Same thing for appointments, v23 is now required to make appointments.

so, after all this, v23 has been released and seems to finally bring us the stability we wanted. It was a lot of work, but we did it! so, we can finally breathe a bit. IUM is on rails; there are still a few bugs here and there but nothing catastrophic. mobile mining is stable; server mining is stable; now we are getting somewhere.

so, at this point, here is what we have ahead of us:

1. mining pool.

we will begin work on the pool this week. I already have the design in mind, so it's just to put it down on paper, and then the team will share the dev load. I myself am often called to fix bugs on the server nodes so I can't quite focus on the pool too much. Will take care of the design and then hand it over.

2. The mining pool is the prerequisite for us to get back into the app stores

we know that behind the appstores is a tsunami of users. In order to accomodate them, we need code to be stable (pretty much there) and we need a pool. so let's revisit this topic once the pool is live, perhaps in a month

3. documentation

obviously, all this crazy work since december prevented us to find the time to update the documentation. Whitepaper needs a serious review, and of course, general documentation for the various software we publish.

4. The final inflation formula

Since launch, we used a simplistic inflation formula which was fine up to this point. Now I want to design the actual formula that will keep us going for the foreseeable future. Once this new formula is coded, I will publish it on github and the current one will become an antique. (i will publish the current one too, so we can have the history of inflation algos)

5. More sophisticated server verification

The server verification protocol we use right now is effective but simplistic. In order to be ready for decentralized appointments, we need to test port 32888, and perhaps test for general latency, "pocket" THS, also blockchain sharing memory hard questions, etc. So the validation protocol will be made more sophisticated in the coming weeks

6. patience

other than that, we just have to be patient. Every day, more tokens are mined and released out in the world, and more users join all the time. More users talk to their friends which brings even more users, and so we grow. We just have to be patient and every day, the IUM reputation solidifies a little bit more
if you are curious, we now have 3750 server miners and 5150 mobile miners for an estimated total of 8900 miners
growing every day. now that appointments are fixed, more will come as we know some people lost their verification.

so, if you never tried the IUM before, now is a good time to do so. Hope to see you around and come to see us on discord.
snipetr1495

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2021, 08:20:54 PM

what is this?

https://i.ibb.co/h9gRwHZ/asdasdasd.png
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2021, 08:23:07 PM

what is this?

a simple display bug. to be fixed in the future when we can get around to it
Javi_Anibarro

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 04:03:16 PM

There is a vote happening until the end of the day talking about re-targeting the inflation ratio on Discord.

I am thinking of re-targeting the inflation ratio from 10:1 tokens per user per day to 1:1. The reason is, the numbers are going up a bit too quickly.
if we do this, it would give a huge bonus to early miners, but the bonus is not yet too large, we can still adjust. and we can say that this bonus is to compensate for the buggy first 3 months that we had; which is somewhat fair.
please vote with the reaction icons:
if you agree that we should retarget to 1:1 then vote Thumbs up, if you think we should stick to 10:1, then vote thumbs down

https://discord.com/channels/619305180235825162/680089781618737203/818129334640181268

Vote your option and let the team hear your opinion about this matter, your voice matters a lot for the future.
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2021, 04:31:57 PM

hey! thanks Javi for posting this.

Yes, we are facing our first big community decision.  When we started in January, we took a decision, and now that we have about a month and a half of observation, we can better evaluate the consequences of these decisions and adjust if necessary. In this case, the 10:1 token per user per day ratio is proving to make the numbers of tokens a bit high, and it will become more of a potential issue in the future once the number of user grows and time passes by.

So, while it is still early, we have an opportunity to reevaluate our decision and correct course with what we now know. its a community decision, so everyone's vote matters. if we stick to 10:1, its perfectly fine, and we will live with the numbers.  if we retarget to 1:1, then numbers will be smaller, easier to manage for people. it will give a bonus for the early miners, but it is fair since mining was very rocky in the first few weeks, and miners deserve the bonus for having stuck with the token during it's difficult times and help us push through.  anyways, the depreciation through the early years will mitigate this advantage very quickly, so we are still fine to adjust.

it's exciting, our first community move all together,   Grin
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2021, 01:24:39 PM

Hey everyone!

well, I barely slept last night; I was thinking intensely about the topic of the potential modification to the daily user:token ratio, and I am confident that I found the right solution.

First and foremost, I want to thank EVERYONE, whomever you are and wherever you are in the world for your thoughts, comments and participation yesterday in the discussion.  What it showed to us all is that we have a fantastically smart, powerful and engaged community that is able to think and reflect as a team and as a unit, and that we are very powerful all together. The new IUM community is top in class and I am VERY proud to be with every single one of you. thank you for joining up with us!

So, I came up with the question yesterday because in the end, the IUM is doing something that is entirely new and something that has never been done in humanity up to this point. A constantly growing (mining) token pool that is pegged to both a daily user:token ratio AND pegged to the block active miner count is completely innovative. nobody has ever done it before at such a large and dynamic scale before. And since it is all new, we are all learning as we go about how this inflation model will behave over time and with fluctuations of active miners. We are all learning as we go, and so am I, and it is normal to reflect and question certain things until they become clearer.

In the end, after intense reflection and spining it all from all angles, I came to the conclusion that our current model is already perfect and does not require any changes at all. As we all know, the key to inflation is it's constance and predictability. Inflation can increase or decrease over time, this is actually fine as long as the rest of the economy proportionally follows with it. But what truly matters is that this inflation be constant and predictable in time. In this vein, I realized that we could not change the inflation model now; it is too late. We made a choice at launch, and now we live with it forever.

The current formula generates very nice numbers. For example, I inquiried with a distant friend that I knew was mining last evening to gather some comments, and she told me that within 3 or 4 hours, she had mined 2 IUMs. I reflected on this and realized, these are fantastic numbers!   0.000343211 would be an impractical number, but 2, it's perfect.

The real issue and what prompted me to consult the community was not the formula per say, but rather that this formula would make very large numbers over time as the daily mining always carries over. For example, when we have a billion miners, then the mining would unlock 10 billion tokens per day! its a large number, even if it remains a proportional 10 tokens per day per miners (which produces stable inflation). There would one day come a time where this number would be too impractically large for the human mind, and this is where I thought we might need to adjust the ratio. But in the end, the numbers are arbitrary and can become arbitrarily large, the only thing affected is their human level usefulness (ease of use. for example, it is much easier to use 10 tokens then 10,000,000,000 tokens, even if 10 is really 0.0000000001 relative to the larger version.)

So, the solution I came up with is to inspire from the concept of decimal readjustments like the mBTC and uBTC concepts in bitcoin and create the concept of an IUM scale modifier that represents the inverse of a 10 based logarithmic scale.

I thus introduce the (tentative) scale format for IUM as IUM|x, meaning the inverse logatihmic scale modifier to apply to the number. the modification formula thus becomes y = IUM * (10^x);

example, for now, the baseline IUM represents IUM|0. so IUM == IUM|0.

10 IUM|0 is equal to 1 IUM|1. (1*(10^1)) = 10;

---------

1000 IUM|0 is also equal to:

1 IUM|3 (1*(10^3)) = 1000.
10 IUM|2  (10*(10^2)) = 1000.

-----------

1_000_000.1 IUM|0 is also equal to:

1.0000001 IUM|6 (1.0000001*(10^6)) = 1_000_000.1
10.000001 IUM|5 (10.000001*(10^5)) = 1_000_000.1
10_000.01 IUM|2  (10_000.01*(10^2)) = 1_000_000.1

etc.

For the forseable future, we will stick with the default baseline of IUM (a.k.a. IUM|0), but in the coming years, we will add the concept of scale modifier. Then as the token base grows over time, the scale can be adjusted infinitely to push us into the future and maintain perpetual proportional balance.

This concept combined with a stable inflation per block active miner becomes the most powerful inflation method that has ever existed in humanity up to this point. And we can be very proud to be on the forefront of innovation. lets keep going, great things are ahead of us.

I will define all the above in much greater detail in the whitepaper in the coming weeks once I have time to sit down and write this new chapter in our story.
Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 09:20:34 AM

It seems to me that it is better to make a fixed issue of coins that is not tied to the number of miners and make it reasonable, if the algorithm allows it, now circulation supply 2,525,588.386108399 IUMs on average 143 blocks are mined per day mining began in early January, but there were a small number of blocks mined in the first days, 143 blocks per day the network began to mine from January 26. Thus, in 45 days, 2,525,588 IUMs were extracted, it turns out that the reward for the block is 392,47 IUMs, I think that this is quite a large amount, it turns out that in a year the inflation will be 20,485,324 IUMs. But now if you reduce the reward for a block you will have to do halving like bitcoin and is this provided for in the Neuralium network?
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2021, 01:32:50 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 02:16:16 PM by NeuraliumJd

it is a very good opinion Daltonik, and very valid also. we could certainly go in that sense and it would work. but let's consider what motivates the choice to keep going with the current model:

The current inflation is actually not a lot. You are looking at the total and think it is high, but it is not. The inflation is dynamically calculated to remain stable and pegged to active miner count to a ratio of 10 tokens per day per miner.  so even if the inflation seems to be large, it is only because the number of active miners of IUM has been growing VERY quickly!  

so, we have a lot of tokens, but also a lot of users. But we have to consider that every real user brings a larger economy, with more activity, more hands to use these tokens, and the economy increases with every new user also. so, the token count goes up, but so does the size of the economy, proportionally.

at 10 tokens per day per miner, it's an average of 3650 tokens per year per miner. it really is not such a large amount. Thus, we really have to take the total "per capita", and never as a whole.

What IUM is doing has never occurred in the history of humanity. Never in history has a resource been:

1. impossible to corner by anyone, available to all at all times
2. inflation actively and proportionally pegged to the number of active miners at all times.

this has never been done before, we are making history here!  and the results will be the best, most stable and most accurate inflation ever; Laser precision!

so let's keep going and let the IUM ecosystem continue to grow, and you will see, the IUM economy will be the most stable of all, because the model is balanced now and forever.

the whitepaper will be updated in the coming weeks to explain the inflation model in greater detail. this will help explain it well. as soon as i have time to write it...  Smiley
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2021, 12:28:57 AM

hey everyone,

little update to inform you that the latest version 1.0.1.24 is finally released with multiple bug fixes.  The whitepaper has also been updated with a first draft of the inflation model.

1.0.1.24 release notes
--------------------

1. The Reset the wallet index operation now allows to clear the transaction and timeline history. Most of the time it is not required, but it can help remove transactions that may be added as duplicates by mistake. Simply check the "Clear Entire History" open in the wallet before resetting the index. As always, a wallet backup is recommended before performing the operation

2. The "attempt wallet rescue" operation has been removed since it will be rescued automatically from now on if any incomplete transaction is detected. A new version which will be more sophisticated will be added in a further version.

3. Breaking changes in the format of gossip messages has been implemented. these changes improve the ability of a node to optimize the flow of messages under high load, and will result in significant performance enhancements when high gossip load is underway. 1.0.1.24 will thus be incompatible with previous versions when propagating gossip messages.

4. In order to improve assurances of data integrity of the wallet during write to disk operations, this version adds 2 new options:
{"AppSettings": {
  "NeuraliumChainConfiguration": {
    "EnableTransactionFileVerification" : true,
    "EnableTransactionDataVerification" : true
  }
}}
Both options are disabled by default and can be enabled if desired.

a. EnableTransactionFileVerification = true|false : If enabled, all files written to disk during a wallet transaction will be re-read and verified for data integrity to the original file before being committed. It can slow the transaction speed and use more battery, but will offer much stronger assurances of data integrity.

b. EnableTransactionDataVerification = true|false : If enabled, all compressed and encrypted files will be verified for validity before being written to disk. It can slow the transaction speed and use more battery, but will offer much stronger assurances of data integrity.

Also note that these protections entail more data checks and may result in reduced battery performance.

5. Daily automatic backups have been added to the wallet for increased data integrity security. This behavior is enabled by default and will automatically make a new backup every day
that the wallet is running. Up to 5 backups will be kept in history at all times. These backups can later be used to perform advanced wallet rescue if any corruption ever happened. (rescue wallet will be implemented in a later version)

{"AppSettings": {
  "NeuraliumChainConfiguration": {
    "EnableAutomaticWalletSafetyBackups" : true
  }
}}

6. please take notice that although v24 has a lot of bug fixes, it did not receive all the attention that was required to be fully stable. the team was busy in security work during it's development cycle. 1.0.1.25 will probably be the version everyone is truly waiting for.
snipetr1495

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 11:16:46 AM

FileVerification nice Cheesy Shocked Shocked
Javi_Anibarro

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 01:11:42 AM

https://discord.com/channels/619305180235825162/680089781618737203/819984300765347881

@stoner19(Moderator) has created a private, independent and unnoficial but "friends of the project" community dedicated to OTC trading with the IUM. We the Neuralium team can never discuss money because as we all know so well by now, the IUM has no monetery value and never will, but there is still the need for safe OTC transfers between people. Stoner's new community aims to help bring people together for this purpose.

We the IUM dev team like to encourage good projects from the community so we give it a recommendation here. In the future, the Neuralium team will offer escrow services for on the blockchain gated OTC trades, this service will help us raise some operating funds for the project. but until then, we will observe and see how this public community will grow.

good luck to all and we will hang out there once in a while as observers.

https://discord.gg/ZvwjYM8cRd

If you do not have time to mine it or you want to sell/buy IUM, you can go directly to that link above.
That is an unofficial discord server created by a moderator and the community, but do not worry so far everything is fine.
A few people already made their deal there so far.
Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2021, 04:50:49 PM

Recently, I completely switched to the mobile version of mining and after updating to version 1.2.11, the number of peers is no longer displayed in the panel now there is always 0 but this does not interfere with the synchronization of the wallet and there are some coins for mining, the port test is successful.
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2021, 06:13:03 PM

Hello everyone,  it's been a while, here is an update:

so, today we just released a very important version update, 1.0.1.29.  This release is the first to implement the refactored server account behind appointments code.

With this version, server accounts need to pass an appointment to obtain the cryptographic keys that it requires to publish the account. we had to do this to stop some people from selling accounts on the blackmarkets. Once a server account is published, it does not need to do an appointment again, so it is a one time thing only. Other than that, the version has a lot of bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Now, the team is beginning work on the first mining pool. We expect that if things progress well, it should be live within a month, more or less.

other than that, mining is stable, things are going well, appointments are becoming very solid and we officially passed the 10K miner mark, woohoo!

lets keep going and see you there!
Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 07:37:38 AM

Today, the mobile wallet has been updated to version 1.3.0 the software version is now 1.0.1.29 and now I see the number of peers, I hope the mining will be stable further
NeuraliumJd (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2021, 02:39:59 PM

hey everyone, here is a quick update:

There is a lot happening lately, perhaps too much to explain succinctly in this thread. I will try to sum it up, and you are welcome to come visit our official channels if you want more information.

1. Mining pool

The team has officially begun work on the first official mining pool. While the main code is already completed, we sidestepped the development a little bit so that we can complete the Bridge system explained bellow.

2. The Neuralium Multiverse

In the last few days, we established the basic design for a few new concepts that will be added in the next few weeks. This new idea is what we call the Neuralium multiverse. We will create the concept of "Portals", and these portals will be doors into other dimensions (other systems).  This means that any system in the world will be able to integrate with the Neuralium blockchain. It will be possible for users to send and receive tokens through these portals at will. We expect that in the future, the neuralium multiverse will expand to thousands of dimensions for the benefits of the users.

3. Transient accounts

We will be adding the concept of transient accounts, which will be accounts that will be able to send and receive tokens, but will not require to be published on the blockchain and will not have to go through an appointment. This system will open up the network to anybody who wants to use it without it's more advanced features.

4. Bridge

Finally and most importantly, we have begun work on our first service on the blockchain, to which we assigned the temporary codename "Bridge".  This system will be it's own mobile app and website and will allow users to send and receive tokens as well as perform OTC transfers.  Bridge will use the multiverse portals to operate on the neuralium blockchain as a side system. The advantages is that bridge will not require an appointment, a simple regular account created in a minute will do, and will provide instantaneous token send/receive, private transactions as well as escrow services on transfers.

we expect that the bridge system should be live within about a month, and the others will shortly follow thereafter.

so there we go, stay tuned for updates and come visit us!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: