Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:47:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BlackCoin statement from CryptoRush - Very shocking information  (Read 58892 times)
dogechode

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:47:20 PM

Lesson learn. Always keep coin your own PC wallet.

After the first issue, downloaded updated wallet. Got ready to remove blackcoins, blackcoin was in maintenance. Never could take blackcoins out. How does that lesson help me?

Meh, don't feel bad. There are a lot of armchair critics on here who jump in at every opportunity to say "SEE THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T KEEP COINS ON AN EXCHANGE, IT'S NOT SAFE!"

Well, if you trade you kind of have to keep coins on the exchange. Clearly it's not wise to leave coins you aren't using just sitting on an exchange for extended periods of time but in reality I don't think many people are doing that (yourself included.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IconicExpert

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:47:21 PM

Lets see if they reimburse the "lost coins".
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:47:42 PM

when will u get online again?
PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:48:57 PM

Its clear to me, at least on reading this that fyrstikken and Linkandzelda believe that the developers of Blaccoin knew about this bug (in other words it was a feature) and used the feature to extract coins as soon as the update went live. Its a feature triggered only by a particular use case, that would likely be used by an exchange and no-one else. It would not certainly be used by an exchange but its likely no-one else would use it in this way. So this feature would only affect exchanges that used the client like this. Perhaps the DDOS was also orchestrated by the coin developers. Now I have no knowledge of what the actual situation  was but that at least is a seems a possibility.  Indeed once the client starts giving balances that are north of the true value by 21e6, you are going to be screwed whatever checks and balances you have.

Well you can pretty much imagine anything ? What about we say Cryptorush DDOSed themselves to make money ? You don't know anything.

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:56:16 PM

As a side note, that rage guy isn't really part of the cryptorush team, he just bought up their shares and became the majority shareholder then released this unbelievably shitty document
https://cryptorush.in/documents/OfficialFyrstikkenOwnershipStatement-March142014.pdf

Thanks for posting that! I got a good laugh out of it. This guy can pay $500,000 to buy majority in an exchange, but couldn't spare a few extra bucks to have that thing proof-read? And then signed it with his online username? Classy! Uh oh, he'll probably read this and send me online threats to kill me or pay someone to beat me up! Haha at the sore loser wannabe bully!  Roll Eyes

"9. Cryptorush will add Stop-Loss-function to the trade-engine"

Not exactly sure what that entails, but it doesn't seem like CR devs got that far down his wish list.

mrwalker1750

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:01:04 PM

Lesson learn. Always keep coin your own PC wallet.

After the first issue, downloaded updated wallet. Got ready to remove blackcoins, blackcoin was in maintenance. Never could take blackcoins out. How does that lesson help me?

Meh, don't feel bad. There are a lot of armchair critics on here who jump in at every opportunity to say "SEE THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T KEEP COINS ON AN EXCHANGE, IT'S NOT SAFE!"

Well, if you trade you kind of have to keep coins on the exchange. Clearly it's not wise to leave coins you aren't using just sitting on an exchange for extended periods of time but in reality I don't think many people are doing that (yourself included.)

Exactly. I don't keep all my funds on the exchange. But when there was some funny business going on, I decided to pull my blackcoin. But just before I did that, everyone was saying to update your wallet. Okay... updated wallet, got ready to pull funds, "blackcoin maintenance".
savale

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:01:28 PM

Any chance I get my BC back?  Huh

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:10:42 PM

OMG I lost all my Zeitcoin and now I woke up and lost all my blackcons which are ALL in cryptorush? All the work I did 2 months for crypt is for nothing? First I have one week of being hacked all my bitcoin then I lose my coins either from time dropping in value or losing on exchange. I don't know if all this is worth my time and effort anymore. Cry
norcalnewbie707

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:11:12 PM

@CryptoRush,

I bought 40 Blackcoin at CryptoALTeX Exchange and withdrew the 40 BC to my Blackcoin wallet at CryptoRush and was looking forward to trading those 40 BC at the price at that time which was around 4.5 BTC. I had never dealt with Blackcoin and knew nothing about it.

The comments from the developer of Blackcoin are typical and common place in this business. I have been around this industry primarily Bitcoin and later on Litecoin for over 2 years and for the most part think we have all come a long way. However geeks are geeks so don't expect to much unless you pay them what they think this intrusion into their program is worth for them to fix the issue.

As far as a DDos I think its becoming way to easy of a way to balance books out. 'Gee, we lost so you must loose all your coins to because our website has a disclaimer. I believe wholeheartedly and trust CruptoRush one hundred percent however other exchanges I have zero trust in. CryptoRush is the most professional exchange I have ever seen. We need to be worried about loosing them to this massive hit.

However I think these other exchanges need to be called on their claims of DDoS and every time they claim one I think independent 3rd party IT professionals need to figure out a way if its even possible to somehow vet the claim of DDoS independently and report their findings to the public if this is even possible to do so. We should request this proof not from the exchange who could doctor it up but through independent research using tried and true or even newly developed methodologies if its even possible to do so.

My username is norcalnewbie707 and I wave the 40 Blackcoin I lost and only hope that the great people at CryptoRush can recover from this along with the Blackcoin community here who I am unfamiliar with but regret that as coming here and seeing the Blackcoin community work together with each other is very impressive of a site. I would recommend to all to take advantage of these times and if choosing a coin to get involved with you must look to its community and Blackcoin is an example of one that is far superior to most.

I wish I could do more.

~NorCal

40 BC is not 4.5 btc....
I fuckin wish... because I just sold roughly 10k btc (5k at cryptorush before this fiasco at .000046 and then 5k at poloniex at .000082)

@themightyex,

As I was waiting for my deposit to show up at CryptoRush the price appeared to go Sky high like to 0.1 BTC and I calculated what the 40+ would be and it read 4.5 BTC, so either my eyes were playing tricks on me which I doubt or it was a system error or really that price. So that was what I thought was coming. I never handled Blackcoin before so I had no idea where it should be but it was convincing because there were buy and sell orders up and down on each side all near 0.1 BTC each. However the Blackcoin I sent never made it there or it did but did not register. My guess is your sales a little while before it all started and probably missed getting some seriously high prices for you coins because it looked from the outside like others were utilizing the situation to their benefit, but that is just a guess.

Next time f___ing wish a little harder ;-)

Jilixi

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 03:18:30 PM

OMG I lost all my Zeitcoin and now I woke up and lost all my blackcons which are ALL in cryptorush? All the work I did 2 months for crypt is for nothing? First I have one week of being hacked all my bitcoin then I lose my coins either from time dropping in value or losing on exchange. I don't know if all this is worth my time and effort anymore. Cry

If you lost your Zeitcoin at Cryptorush why are you still trading there?

Owner of BlackCoin Store - BlackCoin Store
BC: BNatbck1SDJebHRMQemkUEFPVZR9uLHLrM
BTC: 161EcdmbgmxpZMk2ssZCjGQqB6gypduu97
mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:20:27 PM

Can the hacker please sell all BC now and drop the price so I can get back in?
I hate putting down another 5 btc for half the coins i got in the first place... this sucks
mrwalker1750

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

Isn't there a way for cryptorush to determine and verify our accurate balances before the update/daemon issue/ddos attack? If I just got those blackcoins, I'd be satisfied. I understand the cryptocurrency world is risky, but gees...it shouldn't be a total loss of all our coins.
nearmiss

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:21:24 PM

[21:23] <Linkandzelda> yea we have a unique wallet implementation
and...
[03:50] <rat4> I'm surprised that someone uses accounts of daemon
[03:51] <Linkandzelda> yea I regret it now but thats how I decided to make the system... next version will not opperate that way for sure. so much trouble caused

Fairly telling, that even Linkandzelda recognizes the system in use at CR is flawed and he wont be using it again.

Spin it any other way you wish.  

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
TommyJ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:21:35 PM

Still waiting for my Hunter Coins to get out of 'Maintenance Mode' on CR.  So how many different coin devs does CrytoRetard blame now for their own incompetence?!?!  Restore people's balances now or perish from cryptoland forever... and btw... you will go to a fiery place for a loooooooooong time.
Bouwens

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:28:49 PM

Wow, seems there is some kind of scam ?

I will be careful when I must use cryptorush..  Grin Grin Grin

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. StB694RpRf31B5DvqcPhbg7YWfuEbyPvt3
MuffinMaster

Activity: 1414
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:31:53 PM

Wow, seems there is some kind of scam ?

I will be careful when I must use cryptorush..  Grin Grin Grin

cryptorush is down, hopefully for the count

artiface

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:38:39 PM

Its clear to me, at least on reading this that fyrstikken and Linkandzelda believe that the developers of Blaccoin knew about this bug (in other words it was a feature) and used the feature to extract coins as soon as the update went live. Its a feature triggered only by a particular use case, that would likely be used by an exchange and no-one else. It would not certainly be used by an exchange but its likely no-one else would use it in this way. So this feature would only affect exchanges that used the client like this. Perhaps the DDOS was also orchestrated by the coin developers. Now I have no knowledge of what the actual situation  was but that at least is a seems a possibility.  Indeed once the client starts giving balances that are north of the true value by 21e6, you are going to be screwed whatever checks and balances you have.

You have no idea what you are talking about.  This is a known issue with POS coins, it exists in many, including novacoin which blackcoin forked from.  The getbalance "account" API has been buggy even in bitcoin until recently.  No exchange that has even a slight clue what they are doing would ever rely solely on the daemons account api.  Especially when they had the same problem with other coins before and never fixed it. For them to try to blame BC devs, is dishonest, and this whole thine screams SCAM BY CRYPTORUSH to me.  See the comment about them placing 100x market value sell orders to get people to send coins there, then "losing" all the coins. Really fishy.
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:39:18 PM

so the black coins i sent in just b4 the ..cough maintenance  hit are gonna be gone?

FUCK YOU CRYPTORUSH

you as an exchange should guard against this crap instead of blaming devs for your incompetence  not the first time eh? few other coins you lost also and blamed on Devs

community is key and i think you just lost yours CR

good luck kings of a poison realm
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:39:30 PM

I really don't understand as to why anyone would want to trade on cryptorush anyways.  

The exchange is coded poorly let alone its interface is god dam ugly and clunky.  I'd have to say it's worse than crapsy.

Blackcoin should only be traded on Mintpal & Poloniex.  Atleast they have there shit together

editL Bittrex is also nice
Quantum12

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about.  This is a known issue with POS coins, it exists in many, including novacoin which blackcoin forked from.  The getbalance "account" API has been buggy even in bitcoin until recently.  No exchange that has even a slight clue what they are doing would ever rely solely on the daemons account api.  Especially when they had the same problem with other coins before and never fixed it. For them to try to blame BC devs, is dishonest, and this whole thine screams SCAM BY CRYPTORUSH to me.  See the comment about them placing 100x market value sell orders to get people to send coins there, then "losing" all the coins. Really fishy.

+1 buy orders were going in real high even though it all wasn't working
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: