Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:32:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official BlackCoin statement from CryptoRush - Very shocking information  (Read 58890 times)
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:35:18 AM

Hello, my name is DogeyMcDoge, I worked support for Cryptorush.in.

Have you ever heard of the trolly/train dilemma?

The general form of the problem is this: There is a runaway trolley barreling down the railway tracks. Ahead, on the tracks, there are five people tied up and unable to move. The trolley is headed straight for them. You are standing some distance off in the train yard, next to a lever. If you pull this lever, the trolley will switch to a different set of tracks. Unfortunately, you notice that there is one person on the side track. You do not have the ability to operate the lever in a way that would cause the trolley to derail without loss of life (for example, holding the lever in an intermediate position so that the trolley goes between the two sets of tracks, or pulling the lever after the front wheels pass the switch, but before the rear wheels do). You have two options: (1) Do nothing, and the trolley kills the five people on the main track. (2) Pull the lever, diverting the trolley onto the side track where it will kill one person. Which is the correct choice?

I write this today because I am pulling the second lever. I am relaeasing info regarding CryptoRush's Insolvency.

My hands shake as I write this. These past two weeks have been hell for me. I have not been sleeping well. I get gut wrenching pains anytime I think about this. It's time to put it to rest.

I started working for CryptoRush in late Febraury. I was excited and intrigued by crypto, and upon finding this new exchange I joined their channel. LinkandZelda was looking for a support. I volunteered, and offered help to the users in the channel for a few days without even having access to the tools to the admin site. I was hired a few days later, and was put to work. I was to be paid a flat amount of BTC weekly, and upon getting past the learning curve of CryptoRush's backend, I was well along answering tickets. The owners became like friends to me. As the workload got harder as time went on, we began getting too many tickets for me to handle alone. We hired another support. Around the 11th of March, I received a message from Devianttwo: "had something bad happen. all I'm saying." I was brought into a Skype call and told that we had been hacked. I was shocked. They told me the amount, and I did not sleep well that night.

For some reason my brain stuck 30 BTC lost in my head. Upon consulting LinkandZelda I was informed of the losses again. ~950 BTC and ~2500 LTC. Gone. Someone with an IP from Ukraine. They were looking into it, thought they found the guy. Thought they could get the BTC back. Maybe it was shock. Maybe it was just me being naive. But I believed them.

I was informed of the plan to announce CryptoRushShares, a currency that would pay % fees to holders. And the kicker? Fyrstikken would announce 60% ownership of them. But in the back room?

[3/14/2014 10:48:15 PM]
":basically
 : he's helping me gain capital back from share buyers
 : he started by announcing 60% shareholding
 : but he actually owns only 10%"

I never got a clear answer as to whether we received any money from him, or were just using his internet "fame" for advertising. I put it out of my mind, this could help save us right?

The next couple weeks seemed to fly by.

And so time goes on, and things look OK at first. But then the BTC wallet runs out. Alex123 and fraggyb did not know of our insolvency. Daemon problems we were told was the answer.

The guilt was starting to build up inside of me. I answered very few tickets the week of the 16th. I was conflicted, but I worked at my full time job >40 hours that week, so it kept my mind off of things a little. The issues continued. I kept suggesting ways we could maybe get some BTC back, arbitrage, etc. We didn't even have enough funds for that. I wanted so bad for the exchange to stay afloat, thinking "Maybe tomorrow will bring us back our volume!" But alas, the problems with Zeit, and BTC withdrawals killed our volume. There was no coming back.

We saw some volume on Blackcoin, until the blockchain freeze. I stayed up as late as I could, but saw no update. I woke up the next morning, to panic. People were placing ridiculous buy orders in the market. I had just the night before been given permissions to access functions such as enabling/disabling markets, or putting a coin in maintenance mode. I quickly assessed what I could, and closed the markets, canceled the orders, and put the wallet in maintenance mode. I called Devianttwo on the phone # I was give for emergencies only, and he told me he was not going to be able to fix it at the moment. This was at 10:30AM EST on the 24th. I went to work, already late from the mess I had to help resolve.

Upon returning home I learned that my worst fears were true. Blackcoin Daemon was empty besides ~53 coins. The same bug that affected Zeitcoin I assume.

I was broken. Everything was falling apart. I tried to talk to Link into closing the site, but he keeps resisting it. It was futile.

Then Fyrstikken exploded on rat4. Chat logs were flying. I tried to contain the FUD but it was useless. Fyrstikken had done his damage. Devianttwo couldn't keep a good PR face on for more than 3 minutes.

I confided in my best friend and roommate all that I knew, and he said that I knew what I had to do. And I did know. And so here it is. I feel so bad writing this, Link has become a friend to me. But I cannot let the community suffer anymore with this exchange.

So to everyone at CryptoRush  I am sorry. To all the users who have, or will lose funds here, I am sorry. I don't think you can understand how heavy this whole situation weighs on my heart.

There is a lot of money in crypto, and Fyrstikken is an angry guy. I don't know if I should fear for my safety or not.

But what Snowden did was right, and what I am doing is right.

My sincerest regrets,

DogeyMcDoge.

http://imgur.com/sfhgQgV

Well Done for coming clean. I commend you. If you fear for your safety because of some angry teenager, release his identity and where he resides. I'm sure there are a few angry people would like to pay him and his mummy a visit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 06:51:25 AM

Just...effing...insane.
g4ndie

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:03:52 AM

At least I am getting a lot of comedy value for a couple hundred of bucks...
phzi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:11:23 AM

The real angle to consider, IMO:

[03:50] <rat4> I'm surprised that someone uses accounts of daemon

Ya... the developer is surprised someone used a feature included in their software?  Most altcoins are shit and patches typically undergo barely any testing before release.

CrytoRush definitely messed up horribly by relying on coin daemons in general tho.  Isolation is important when you're dealing with so many shit altcoins.
BTCetera

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:12:44 AM

Code:
(23:55:17)<supachimp>so that logchat is true?
(23:55:27)<supachimp>someone i know i might be repeating a lot of questions here
(23:55:27)<nickker>intangible currencies are going to fall because they've got no real value
(23:55:29)<nobody_>did the new owner buy crypto?
(23:55:30)<Devianttwo|AFK>•supachimp• Yeah supa unfortunitely it is.

Devianttwo, #CryptoRush's IRC channel admin, confirms that DogeyMcDoge's statement is true.

Want to send me a tip? 3EJTcRvvt54rv5Bn44KJbXFc7U2MXACkX9
y3804

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:15:33 AM

Ya... the developer is surprised someone used a feature included in their software?  Most altcoins are shit and patches typically undergo barely any testing before release.

CrytoRush definitely messed up horribly by relying on coin daemons in general tho.  Isolation is important when you're dealing with so many shit altcoins.

Definitely CR is to blame here. Horrible, horrible devs. Relying on buggy, beta daemons to manage their funds? Allowing negative balance?

What a joke.

Rat4 simply forked Peercoin and changed a few variables. He can't be blamed.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:20:18 AM

a nervous staff that does not want to get involve with the mess now created a panic.
maarx

Activity: 882
Merit: 517

cloverdex.io

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:20:37 AM

Definitely CR is to blame here. Horrible, horrible devs. Relying on buggy, beta daemons to manage their funds? Allowing negative balance?

What a joke.

Rat4 simply forked Peercoin and changed a few variables. He can't be blamed.

Exactly. It is very well documented that the daemon's accounts should NOT be relied on:

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21153/bitcoin-accounts-feature-is-it-practical-or-scalable

Especially on POS coins.

.What is Cloverdex platform?.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ANN Thread | Website
Telegram | Twitter
Whitepaper | Reddit
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:21:34 AM

I just converted all my coins to AUR to withdraw... Took about a 25% loss there, $130 lost in a matter of hours
I'm at least happy I was able to get something out, I'm sure with this new information some shit will go down tomorrow

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
dspair

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:25:20 AM

This kills another shitty exchange.
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:27:07 AM

Exactly. It is very well documented that the daemon's accounts should NOT be relied on:

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/21153/bitcoin-accounts-feature-is-it-practical-or-scalable

Especially on POS coins.

Thanks for that article link!  helpful for something i'm working on.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
HeaDeKBaT

Activity: 72

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:32:59 AM

it's shittiness was absolutely off the charts
I can't believe I trusted my money to this exchange in the first place

AC: AZrfhrxTmeBJZuYv4bZBHbNnkgQHuA4Cy8
jayman

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:33:17 AM

you must be proud, it doesn't help a particular group with hatred towards alt coins has been DDOS the exchange as well. so much evil in the crypto world.
i managed to buy some doge for a loss and get out when i could log in due to the DDOS. As for cryptorush the exchange has been good to me but it was obvious without real security experience in running an exchange they may become hacked and unfortunately that has happened. Hackers are nothing more than thieves, no good for anyone just as those who DDOS websites, fork coins etc. low of the low and unfortunately the crypto world seems full of these type of people
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:33:37 AM

New Crypto Rush Tweets

‏@TheCryptoRush  10m
We are proud to announce that the President of CUAUTM is the new CEO of Cryptorush. With a new CEO, comes new servers, and staff to serve!

Edit: Tweet link https://twitter.com/TheCryptoRush
GlooBoy
Copper Member

Activity: 97

Leave everything to me!

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:34:18 AM

Im soooo glad I read this thru to the end.

Someone poke CR with a fork - I think its done.

GLooBoy @ OTC--LBC--BitRated -- GPG ID: A23D510BD6E310D3
Beginner and Expert Level FREE Escrow for All | GiftCards for Crypto -- Cryfter.com from 2012 to 2017
sw3200211

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:34:26 AM

What DO YOU want him to do? Send CR 1.5m Blackcoins because of your incompetence?
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 07:41:32 AM

@fyrstikken  53m
I am happy that the President of Cryptocurrency United Association at University of Toronto Mississauga now control 25 % of @TheCryptoRush

https://twitter.com/fyrstikken/status/448712792636661760

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
jayman

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:46:57 AM

So did everyone just dump CRS shares down to 200 satoshi and someone accidentally became the CEO?

go figure it's all abit strange i know the 1st thing i did was dump my crs and then buy some doge and bail
hisun

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:13:59 AM

Very shocking information.
btc trading platform security issues very seriously.
keron

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:25:32 AM

is their btc withdrawal working ok, or still broken ?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: