Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to fix your Asic miners.  (Read 32471 times)
PopoJeff

Activity: 414
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 09:37:07 PM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

Just shipped off an S17+ 73 to NH today (Fri).
My first dealing with the new authorized Bitmain service location.
Www.Greatvoyage.com
Email communication so far has been good.
They should receive it Wed.
I'll update with results

Was just notified today that upon initial testing, they found two boards with more than 5 bad chips on them. Thus, they cannot repair the miner and will be shipping it back to me.

Home garage miner: (3) S19j pro

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6332

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 30, 2021, 09:13:50 PM

Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results

Was just notified today that upon initial testing, they found two boards with more than 5 bad chips on them. Thus, they cannot repair the miner and will be shipping it back to me.

That's sad to hear, after almost 20 days since they received the miner, and they can't fix it! why can't they fix 5 chips, I don't think that's a good enough reason, if they can fix one they can fix 5 or 6 or even 10 no? based on what I know, identifying the bad chips takes more time and effort than actually replacing them, so if they really got to that point, why stop?

Is it because they don't have both BM1397AG and BM1397AD?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
PopoJeff

Activity: 414
Merit: 182

View Profile
October 01, 2021, 01:33:39 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2021, 11:11:08 PM by PopoJeff
Merited by mikeywith (4)

Www.Greatvoyage.com
I'll update with results

That's sad to hear, after almost 20 days since they received the miner, and they can't fix it! why can't they fix 5 chips, I don't think that's a good enough reason, if they can fix one they can fix 5 or 6 or even 10 no? based on what I know, identifying the bad chips takes more time and effort than actually replacing them, so if they really got to that point, why stop?

Is it because they don't have both BM1397AG and BM1397AD?

I think it's because their repair price of $150/board includes up to 5 chips. And this exceeds 5... and once 5 chips is exceeded, it would be more practical to change the entire board.

Let me copy n paste their email:
"Sorry for late reply.
Your miner (SN#:deleted) took the initial test. Two hash boards is not good. Both boards have over 5 bad chips which is unrepairable situation.
So we consider shipping your miner back to you. we'll send you the payment invoice for shipping. After we got the payment, we'll arrange shipping."
"Most of the chips on the boards are at the end of their working life. $150 cannot cover over 5 new chips price. The cost for replace all the bad chips may be enough for a new hash board!!
So over 5 bad chips is identify unrepairable. "

Update. 10/2/21.    Got the miner back today via FedEx.   Worse shape than when I sent it.  Took the miner out of the box and I'd have to guess about 20 heat sinks came loose.  Sounds like a box of marbles in there.  Not even gonna bother trying to plug it in.  Was running on 2/3 boards when I shipped it, Now I have a brick.

Update. 10/12/21.    I sold the miner as-is inoperable to a guy in CO.  Learned he has a miner repair business, so buying broken miners is a side hobby. He received the miner today, inspected it and gave me a call. He thought I'd want to know... he said two boards have definitely been "messed with."  He said some chips were replaced, but heat sinks weren't attached to those chips. (Not the "we can't fix it so we'll send it back" situation they told me).  He believes GreatVoyage did one of two things..... Either they, 1. Started changing out chips and gave up mid-repair, or 2. (More likely). They took two of my good boards and pulled the old switcharoo, putting two bad boards into my machine and sending it back.
   Considering they are an "authorized" Bitmain repair location, would they get more money doing a warranty repair for Bitmain, or a $150 from independent little me? 

Remember, I sent this one unit off......with zero loose heat sinks, and the only error I was seeing was it failing to detect one temp sensor.

Home garage miner: (3) S19j pro
demolo8498

Activity: 4
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 01, 2021, 07:44:22 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4)

I sent an S17E to great voyage.  First they return shipped to the wrong address, they forgot the last digit of my address, so the address didnt exist.  It ended up getting shipped back to them and then they left it sitting in their warehouse for a week before shipping it again.  Then when i received the machine, it was in worse condition.  When I sent it in, 2 of the 3 hashboards were working.   after their "repair"  the machine would not boot at all into the operating system.  Pressing the IP Config button would not work, i could not get IP Reporter to detect an IP.  and the lights on the back were solid red and green.  Not to mention, the heatsink that had fallen off, was still lose!

I just shipped that machine to MYRIG in denver colorado.  Ive already accepted that this machine is a total loss, but if myrig fixes it, I have 4 more machines that need repair that I will send.  Since they have 2/3 hashboards working, I do not want to unplug them and risk shipping them to come back in worse condition.  

I updated in a different thread, but wanted to post here too.  long story short, i am very pleased with myrig.com.  they fixed my machine, the price wasnt outrageous, and the time it took was acceptable
Bluntstyle

Activity: 1
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 03:07:25 PM
Merited by mikeywith (4)

Wish I found this thread earlier. Foolishly I sent a couple cards from my t17e to ASICREPAIRSUS, which is really just a thieving fraud douche named Aaron Kyle. "Communication" was great at first while he was smooth talking me into sending him the boards, promising a three week turnaround. The minute he got them however all communication broke off. After a month of no communication I'm assuming I've been scammed. I'll gladly post an update if there is a change but I'm not expecting there to be one because decent people don't behave like that. Just wanted to share my experience in case anyone was thinking about making the same mistake I did. MINER BEWARE OF ASICREPAIRUS and Aaron Kyle!

For reference his address is:

705 Franklin Street,
Greeneville TN 37745

No phone number of course because he is illegitimate
MaNs1nH0

Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 10:18:49 AM

Hello,

Does anyone know where I can send 1 S17+ hash board to repair in Europe?

Or maybe someone here can repair it?

I saw some people talking about zeusbtc but I'm not sure if they are legit.

If anyone could help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your time and best regards.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 13, 2021, 12:54:51 PM

Does anyone know where I can send 1 S17+ hash board
The issue is with the heat sinks, you have to treat it like fine glass when you pack the board on it's own.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 11:15:03 PM

I saw some people talking about zeusbtc but I'm not sure if they are legit.

Zeusbtc is as legit as any mining-related company can be, but all the repair centers outside of China are not owned by them, in fact, they don't even know if those repair centers are actually legit, if you can provide enough evidence that you can repair hash boards they will add you to the list, so while all those repair centers have gone thought at least a minor check before making it to the list -- there is no guarantee that they are legit or can actually fix your dashboard.

With that said, if you have no other option, you might as well just take the risk.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tangy_t

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 16, 2021, 11:22:11 PM

Any places still accepting orders under 10? I've contacted core scientific and HMtech today, dont expect to hear anything till monday at the earliest if at all. MyRig took weeks to get back to me only to return "Can you tell me, please, is the problem actual?" Reply with Yes, it is did you not read the email? Their reply was "Your message to <support@myrig.com> was automatically rejected: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)."
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2021, 11:44:16 PM

Any places still accepting orders under 10? I've contacted core scientific and HMtech today, dont expect to hear anything till monday at the earliest if at all. MyRig took weeks to get back to me only to return "Can you tell me, please, is the problem actual?" Reply with Yes, it is did you not read the email? Their reply was "Your message to <support@myrig.com> was automatically rejected: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)."

What actually are you planning to buy 10 or more miners? Why don't you just go directly buy miner on manufacturers and authorized distributors?
Dealing with other parties would be risky so if you deal only on the verified distributor or directly with the manufacturer you'll be safe.

Check this list instead https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5045732.0

About myrig you can try to contact them here
His profile account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=383527

You can also contact them through telegram @MyRig_com

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
tangy_t

View Profile
October 17, 2021, 12:39:25 AM

What actually are you planning to buy 10 or more miners?

not looking to buy the asics just repair.
nomorenames

View Profile
October 20, 2021, 07:19:11 PM

Did you happen to find anywhere to repair less than 10? I am currently looking to have one repaired. Only place that seems to fit near me is Alpha ASIC. I saw the earlier comments on here about them. Has anyone tried this company? The timeline for greatvoyage seems to be extremely long, probably for good reason.
tangy_t

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 02:00:06 AM

Did you happen to find anywhere to repair less than 10? I am currently looking to have one repaired. Only place that seems to fit near me is Alpha ASIC. I saw the earlier comments on here about them. Has anyone tried this company? The timeline for greatvoyage seems to be extremely long, probably for good reason.
Still waiting on responses, haven't attempted to contact great voyage yet.
KyleMarkley86

Activity: 2
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 02:29:42 PM

Shipping your mining gear back to China for repair isn't the best idea, shipping to and from China will cost a lot, or your miner could be "confiscated" by the manufacturer.

I thought there should be a list of good repair services that all miners can access locally based on their geographical location, this will ensure a cheaper shipping rate and a much faster repair process.

I will be updating the list regularly as information come by, if you have or know a repair service please share it here or send it to me via pm, I will try to do some basic research on all the services I list here, but you will deal with them at your own risk.

Inputs coming from trusted members of the mining community in Bitcointalk will be very helpful.

United States

Service: https://www.hmtech.co/services/
Prices: $150 for basic repairs - $300 for advanced (Based on my years of mining, most issues are basic)
City/State: North Carolina
First Mention by: philipma1957

Service: Bitmain Repair Service
City/State: NASHUA, NH
Address and more info: https://blog.bitmain.com/en/bitmain-announces-new-repair-site-in-new-hampshire-usa-to-support-more-customers/

Service: Myrig
City/State: Denver, Colorado
More info : https://service.myrig.com/

** There is a negative review on Myrig, I suggest to not deal with them until they solve the issue.

Europe

-https://www.zeusbtc.com/Repair.asp
-Located in (The Netherlands and Georgia)

While ZeusBtc is a trusted company with a great reputation, the repair centers displayed on their home page are not owned by them.

Quote from: //www.zeusbtc.com/Repair.asp
Attention: The miner repair points shown on the map below are independent individuals. This site only offers a free display. Please contact the maintenance point for specific matters. If there is any dispute, please resolve it by negotiation. Any consequences will not be related to this site.

It's unlikely that someone will go to this extremes measure to scam, also since these providers are nearby, it would make sense that you could actually visit them in real life to confirm their integrity, while I wouldn't blindly trust them, I believe they are likely legit, but you MUST dyor.

I have used MyRig service repair for about 10 miners.  I was skeptical at first sending my $5000 miner to a UPS box.  So of course I called after I sent my S17+ in for the first time and luckily I talked to Billy.  He spoke perfect English and definitely made me feel more comfortable about everything.  They received it and it took about 2 weeks for them to get it back out.  Now I have been sending all my garbage 17 series miners to get repaired.  Myrig is definitely legit and has always responded to me in reasonable times.  Also I would add that the antminer 17 series are terrible, don't buy any antminer 17 series!!
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 10:41:21 PM

I have used MyRig service repair for about 10 miners.  I was skeptical at first sending my $5000 miner to a UPS box.  So of course I called after I sent my S17+ in for the first time and luckily I talked to Billy.  He spoke perfect English and definitely made me feel more comfortable about everything.  They received it and it took about 2 weeks for them to get it back out.  Now I have been sending all my garbage 17 series miners to get repaired.  Myrig is definitely legit and has always responded to me in reasonable times.  Also I would add that the antminer 17 series are terrible, don't buy any antminer 17 series!!
Who paid you to post this? Smiley

Language skills at a call centre don't make repairs any more reliable.

The last post about them was their email system was dead and not accepting any email.
That happens if:
1) they get overloaded with problems they can't fix
2) they really take no notice or care about their email

Aside: You only need to send broken miners to be repaired.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
mikeywith (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2021, 11:58:51 PM

Well Kyle, I do appreciate your review but it's one against many, the majority of the last reports regarding "Myrig" have been negative, people reported that they have not received a reply for weeks, they have not logged in to their profile to explain what went wrong since June 07, I can't possibly remove the warning I have placed the OP unless more positive reviews from trusted members come by or at least Myrig invest 10 mins of their precious time to explain to the community what went wrong?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Yrth

Activity: 123
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 01:15:05 AM

Well Kyle, I do appreciate your review but it's one against many, the majority of the last reports regarding "Myrig" have been negative, people reported that they have not received a reply for weeks, they have not logged in to their profile to explain what went wrong since June 07, I can't possibly remove the warning I have placed the OP unless more positive reviews from trusted members come by or at least Myrig invest 10 mins of their precious time to explain to the community what went wrong?
I definitely agree with that. They are no longer responding to emails or repair requests. I had them repair 2 miners earlier this year. Both are still running well.

Now I have 2 more that i need repaired, but no response to my numerous attempts at contact.

If I ever do receive a response, i will post here.
wndsnb

Activity: 544
Merit: 589

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 02:01:31 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

I sent 7 APW9s to Myrig back in April, they said at the time it would around 2 weeks to repair the power supplies. A few weeks after they received them, they said they were waiting for parts to repair them. Fast forward 6 months, they still said they were waiting for parts so they declared them "unrepairable" and said they were going to return them to me, which at least they did at their own expense. The last communication I had with them was a week and a half ago, so they are there and receiving email. Looks like they are just ignoring new requests.

Have some dead Bitmain 17 series hashboards or full miners?
I'll buy them ... send me a PM with what you have and I'll make you an offer!
btcbilly

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 03:55:57 PM

It sounds like none of the repair companies respond so why single them out when they seem to be one of the only companies getting reviews that they actually fixed their miners......

If your goal is to inform people where to get their miners fixed then you are not doing a good job at it.
KyleMarkley86

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2021, 04:36:46 PM
Merited by mikeywith (2)

I'm just being honest.  It was actually this forum that led me to use myrig.  I chose them because they were the closest to me geographically and I didn't want to ship my miners across the country.  I have had a positive experience with them so far, so yea I wanted to share my experience. 
They have declared some of my miners unrepairable too, but have fixed a lot them as well.  That is why i have a vendetta against the 17 series.  I never even need miner repair until I switched my s9s for 17s.  And from what I've been reading I am not the only one who feels this way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: