Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:19:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Polkadot going to Kill Ethereum?  (Read 2629 times)
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 05:46:58 PM

It additionally has a great deal of local area drove activities. However, the value rise is simply because of the trades and the informal investors abusing those intrigued by it. I question that Polkadot could beat the Eth that simple for most financial backers would prefer to remain with the one that has effectively a set up establishment as opposed to attempting another one which could place them into hazard for the subsequent time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 10:35:31 PM

The possibility of surpassing Ethereum can be seen from the technicality of the polkadot who have their own way of surpassing Ethereum..
But it all has to be full of struggles because it has to convince many people who actually still believe in Ethereum based projects..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
seramania

Activity: 827

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 10:38:04 PM

Polkadot can be a competitor of Ethereum in the near future but till now it's not a competitor. Polkadot has four basic core -Relay Chain,Parachains,
Parathread and Polka Bridges which makes sophisticated than Ethereum. If they can implement their functions and work properly will gain popularity that can be concern for Ethereum.
although polkadot has the better and latest updates from ethereum. But for now, in terms of volume strength, ethereum is still stronger than polka-dots. It's just how polka-dotted can fight Ethereum from that side

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 01:00:21 AM

The possibility of surpassing Ethereum can be seen from the technicality of the polkadot who have their own way of surpassing Ethereum..
But it all has to be full of struggles because it has to convince many people who actually still believe in Ethereum based projects..
What kind of belieeve do you mean? Can't we now see that a lot of people really believe in polkadots?
polkadot has survived to this day in the top 10 market cap, this is proof that many people believe in polkadot and are just waiting for polkadot to be massively adopted Smiley
cafee_orange

Activity: 1022

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 05:02:22 AM

Polka dot is an open-source project that works with shared protocol that enables Blockchain Networks to work with Synergy. The token serves three distinct purposes; Governance, Staking and Bonding. This is designed to co-exist with Leading smart contract Blockchains rather than competing with them. This is very appealing factor for some Investors. It won't be easy for the Polka dot to challenge Ethereum as many working projects are already using Ethereum Network even though Technically it is superior project but  It is already Home of 197 projects those are working on its networks  and many more willing to join it.

This is also evident from price movement that we have witnessed during the past month when its price moved from $2 to almost $6 that reflects great interest of Investors in this token. There are some predictions that within a year time , Dot will be Top 3 on Market cap.

It is possible that polka-dots will compete with Ethereum and it is also possible that polka-dots will beat ethereum. The reason I say that is because polka dots were created by Ethereum co-founder Gavin Wood, thus he has every means to raise the price of polka dots over ethereum.

junkerr

Activity: 1022

Meta4uStake.io

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 05:19:06 AM

Polkadot still has a long way to go before it matches ethereum. In fact, ADA and BNB are also talked about matching ethereum. but I think ethereum will still be the best altcoin compared to other assets for me. DOT is now popular but we won't know if the DOT market will last long or just take advantage of the bull market.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 05:44:37 AM

It is possible that polka-dots will compete with Ethereum and it is also possible that polka-dots will beat ethereum. The reason I say that is because polka dots were created by Ethereum co-founder Gavin Wood, thus he has every means to raise the price of polka dots over ethereum.
It is difficult to happen even though Polkadot was founded by Gavin Wood who is also from Ethereum, because the opponent of the Ethereum token that is currently balanced is BNB, and even Polkadot's position has been shifted by BNB in the past few days, although all possibilities can still happen in crypto, which but it will not be as easy as we imagine because Ethereum already has strength in crypto.

If we are talking about possibilities then it's yes maybe.

But what we are currently seeing is there are more ETH supporters who are partying with how this coin rise, though the gas fees are really affecting small players, but since the chain was mostly used, the rise still moving. Currently there might be a some corrections from the whole market, we don't know what is coming after.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 07:22:35 AM

DOT still has to show a working concept from their ecosystem. So far, it’s just the Binance Smart Chain that has shown what bep20 does and how much it costs to move funds using their network. Indirectly, I suppose that this also credits cosmos since the bsc is built from cosmos and tendermint. If polkadot can be more efficient that bsc, and have that many dapps running on its network without having the outrageous gas fee, then Polkadot can be better than Ethereum. At the moment, it’s the Binance Smart Chain that’s a threat to Ethereum
b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 07:33:49 AM

I question that DOT would basically kick ETH off the too. Despite the fact that we see Polkadot rising and scaling the rankings, its only excessively far from Ethereum. Volumes on trades are unreasonably tremendous of a distance. In any case, props to DOT for making it this a long ways ahead in the opposition.
triat

Activity: 1176
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 07:56:41 AM

today price DOT tokens very persistent, despite the fact that bitcoin is crazy. If this continues, the value of the DotA will increase to previously unheard-of heights.
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 08:03:20 AM

Polka dot is an open-source project that works with shared protocol that enables Blockchain Networks to work with Synergy. The token serves three distinct purposes; Governance, Staking and Bonding. This is designed to co-exist with Leading smart contract Blockchains rather than competing with them. This is very appealing factor for some Investors. It won't be easy for the Polka dot to challenge Ethereum as many working projects are already using Ethereum Network even though Technically it is superior project but  It is already Home of 197 projects those are working on its networks  and many more willing to join it.

This is also evident from price movement that we have witnessed during the past month when its price moved from $2 to almost $6 that reflects great interest of Investors in this token. There are some predictions that within a year time , Dot will be Top 3 on Market cap.

Ethereum is still the best choice for blockchain developers I think I heard it from a YouTubers interview and polkadot would not gonna surpass that Ethereum would still continue to increase its market price but developers are also looking into or considering polkadot as an alternative. when it comes to the network investors could easily be attracted to the polkadot project because of its potential and high market cap in the market. I would say polkadot have a much solid foundation compared to other altcoins in the market
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 03:18:42 PM

Why do we think that Ethereum, Polkadot and Cardano need to kill the other in order to be on the top ?  Its time that we understand that all of these these blockchains will co-exists and there should be protocols which could connect these blockchains together.

Alternative blockchain projects might as well forget about replacing or "killing" Ethereum. They should focus on working together in order to make crypto/Blockchain land a better place. Despite other smart contract platform's high transaction capacity, none have been able to outmatch Ethereum because they lack mass adoption in the mainstream world. Most dApps and tokens are created on the Ethereum blockchain, leaving its competitors in the dust. Developers are still interested in Ethereum because of its widespread community support, and its unrivaled decentralized design. As long as this is the case, Polkadot and other alternative smart contract platforms won't be able to stand a chance against Ethereum.

At least, Polkadot is doing well as a standalone smart contract platform. Its active development and innovation will keep it going for years on end. No one knows what will happen in the future with any given crypto project. That's because the crypto/Blockchain space is extremely unpredictable. But I can tell you for sure, that Ethereum ain't going anywhere. We may end up with many alternative blockchain platforms each with their own use cases for the mainstream world. As long as decentralization is kept in mind, there should be nothing to worry about. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 10:48:35 PM

i think,Polkadot is a blockchain that already integrates Ethereum 2.0 functionality. These projects will continue to be in demand, the difference lies in the consensus and the modules. Polkadot uses fractions that did not exist in Ethereum during the transition to Ethereum 2.0. But when it comes to competition, then I agree that Polkadot is a close competitor of ethereum but cannot kill ethereum any time soon.

not soon mate, but i believe if polkadot will never beat the ethereum
because ethereum is too strong, and for me not only polkadot as a close competitors of ethereum but BSC and cardano too buddy
but, all altcoins above will never kill the ethereum

MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:26:00 PM

i think,Polkadot is a blockchain that already integrates Ethereum 2.0 functionality. These projects will continue to be in demand, the difference lies in the consensus and the modules. Polkadot uses fractions that did not exist in Ethereum during the transition to Ethereum 2.0. But when it comes to competition, then I agree that Polkadot is a close competitor of ethereum but cannot kill ethereum any time soon.

not soon mate, but i believe if polkadot will never beat the ethereum
because ethereum is too strong, and for me not only polkadot as a close competitors of ethereum but BSC and cardano too buddy
but, all altcoins above will never kill the ethereum

You are wrong because Polkadot has no goal to compete with Ethereum. Because Polkadot, on the contrary, wants to unite all the blockchains, even Bitcoin, so that they develop more. If you want to know the potential of Polkadot, I recommend watching this channel https://www.youtube.com/c/KryptosChain/videos

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Evgenklm

Activity: 896
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:04:14 PM

I am confident and convinced that time will pass and DOT will take a leading place in its kind, now Polka has so broken into the top 3 CMC and the token on the polka KSM network is trading better than others, DOT is now undervalued and a bright future awaits it.
bison

Activity: 778

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:26:43 PM

You are wrong because Polkadot has no goal to compete with Ethereum. Because Polkadot, on the contrary, wants to unite all the blockchains, even Bitcoin, so that they develop more. If you want to know the potential of Polkadot, I recommend watching this channel https://www.youtube.com/c/KryptosChain/videos
when it happens and develops seriously in the market. then there will be a platform that regulates all of our transactions on one chain. wouldn't that also be an opportunity for polka-dots to become very overpowering in the crypto market?

ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:35:37 PM

What make you believe with polkadot can kill ethereum looking price between dot and eth so far away, any good news and advantage from dot coin could destroy eth? many time I see any prediction coin about some coin will kill and destroy eth but not any coin can have power become competitor for eth, eth keep going up and altcoin other under eth price.
Arkann

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 03:00:11 PM

As far as I know, all the excitement that rises around the confrontation between Ethereum and Polkadot, first of all, appeared due to a statement in Bloomberg, although in essence it was about something completely different. In addition, venture capitalists and CEOs of cryptocurrency companies do not consider Ethereum and Polkadot to be competitors at all.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
judaspriest

Activity: 1330

C O M B O

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 04:39:05 PM

What make you believe with polkadot can kill ethereum looking price between dot and eth so far away, any good news and advantage from dot coin could destroy eth? many time I see any prediction coin about some coin will kill and destroy eth but not any coin can have power become competitor for eth, eth keep going up and altcoin other under eth price.
Even though Polkadot is currently experiencing an increase, it is still unable to shift ethereum.
and indeed there has always been something like this that there are coins that have the potential to shift Ethereum but in reality it is just empty,
So I think it's a waste of time and I still believe in ethereum

LostConfidence243

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 06:49:44 PM

It won't be easy for the Polka dot to challenge ETH as many working projects. but still ETH is much more effectively traded. BTC being the 'Gold standard' of crypto, Ethereum is the standard of blockchain. Polkadot will not be able to replace Ethereum but will perform better in the future. Because ETH is too tough and more popular than Polkadot.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: