Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The DeFi Red Flags  (Read 356 times)
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 02:03:39 AM

The tips that the OP has posted will be a great help for those investors who are willing to risk their money in DeFi projects.
What he said is true. ICO is long dead and IEO are close to being dead too. DeFi is now the new hype and more things like this will happen in the future.

You know what is the best way for you not to get to these scam DeFi projects. You have 2 choices. Either you will invest into other coins like the ones at the top or don't invest into DeFi projects especially the new ones at all.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 02:48:06 AM

The hype will end because the scam Defi project continues to emerge and it makes Uniswap only a token dump and also a temporary pump, as I have seen, for only a few hours the Defi project price will be pumped and after that dump, I don't see any real projects, almost a few the project will only waste money and it is very detrimental to happen until when only beginners in crypto who expect the Defi project to be able to compete and have a high selling value investing in the Defi project will only waste money.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 03:20:37 AM

ICO is stone dead(RIP) and IEOs are on its death throes. Now its Decentralized Finance season and everyone and his pet cat are launching projects, and slapping DeFi on it. I would be attempting to point out the points to look out for in scammy DeFi projects.

1. Fake/Non-existent team
It is an increasingly common trend for scammers to invent fake founders and biographies for their projects, and stick it o their websites. Some don't bother at all. Having said this, some legit DeFi projects have anonymous team members. This point shouldn't be a deal breaker though.
Given this one,because this is a old fashion move though still effective for the noobs.
2. No or almost no social media presence: These projects can go days or weeks without any posts or tweets. That's simply because there is absolutely nothing to report. They are simply waiting to snap up your cash
and not just that,They are preventing from posting a lot because they might be Hooked from this,there are many investigator in social media and they will attract attention if being active .
3. Poor Grammar
One of the hallmarks of a scammy project is a hastily concocted whitepaper. Even with the Google Translate, the website, whitepaper and blogs are bloated with poor or elementary English.
Scammers willing to invest,Paying good writer to do this Job is not a big deal.
4. Poor and/or plagiarised whitepaper
This one is a no-brainer. From copied whitepaper content, blog news these guys copy content from successful projects and gleefully slam it on their whitepaper. Many times they are successful with this ruse.
Well even big project now has a case of this one,but they have reasoning of course.
5. Audits
I have made it a point of duty to always check if any DeFi project I associate with has an audit with a reputable and well-known firm. Audits simply mean if there actually is a real project and whether such tokens exist.

Final Thoughts
Never take my word as gospel. Some DeFi can still exit scam or rug pull even after fulfilling these conditions. Remember: ALWAYS DYOR

Good move of making this post as this DEFI is now coming closer to fading and soon dying.
Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 05:54:19 AM

And another one "Meme Token"

There a lot Meme Token DeFi offering a thousand APY to all user, and you want know the weird things? everyone trade that token without fear the token going to be zero on the market.
This meme token made it to coinmarketcap week ago and after checking the project out it looks like a pyramid scheme to me, just my own judgment though, giving out too high reward is always a bad news in any project, only greedy and inexperience investors will fall for such project
Maxstl007

Merit: 13

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 05:58:58 AM

There are red flags in all other investment trend, ico, ieo sto and now defi, but i have seen some defi that have give good returns to the investors, the defi project that should be avoided or watch very closely are those ones without any team or have anonymous team, i don't understand the reason why they like to stay anonymous to begin with, probably they have something to hide.
Then you ain't see nothing yet, DeTrade fund exit scam and if you check their twitter account you will see video of the CEO talking about the project, many believe that the video is some kind of Artificial intelligence work, scammers are now using A.I to make unreal video appearance that looks real, this project raised 1450ETH and exit scam.
Dondeon

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 06:21:56 AM

So much is happening in the world of Defi right now, so many rug pull on daily basis. Just like you rightly mentioned, fulfilling those conditions does not guarantee anything, I have seen project that had audit with reputable firm and still got attacked and price went to zero because of some lose end in the code, Defi is very risky generally and it is bound to get worse. Always DYOR.

Eco_111

Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 06:47:55 AM

Anonymous team members on DeFi projects can't be trusted, I'm sure they have a bad intent and once their target is met they will pull the rug, even projects with team members that came public still exit scam on investors money, if teams have something real to offer there is no need to hide behind the cotton
Eco_111

Merit: 14

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 06:57:04 AM

we need to start avoiding projects that gives people huge percentage on ROI and this is very common in DeFi projects nowadays, I'm surprised people are still investing money on such projects, it's so clear that such projects are running Ponzi schemes
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:36:34 AM

DeFi here DeFi there, it's definitely ICO round two this time around and by now I expected many investors to have understand that majority of these DeFi projects are just here to create unrealistic hypes to attract investors and end up stealing from them, the only decentralized Finance project I trust is ChainLink and few others

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 10:15:20 AM

The team as well as the audit are the 2 factors that most determine whether a defi project is truly legit or not. Most defi projects are now smart enough to just create a github account, but only as a display. no repositories or projects are created on this github account, so be careful. and the team is the most decisive, lest a team whose origins are unknown promises strange or unrealistic technology

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4271

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2020, 08:58:00 PM

We as a trader, investor, or people we should learn to research everything first before concluding that you will invest in that certain project. Like we don't need to blame others or a certain project, if their aim is to scam since the beginning we need to be aware to that, don't invest to those project whether it is defi, Ico or ieo that is offering staking or farming with high APY, there's no such thing like that and that is why many people becomes a victim they fall into this fast roi.
https://coinmarketcap.com/defi/
It is very difficult now to find well-known projects for which staking is still working.
Staking was invented as an alternative to the distribution of project tokens, which was not regulated by the Security and Exchange Commission.
But scammers started using this method to get rich quick.
Therefore, you need to learn to understand the reasons for which the project uses staking.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Antlia Protocol

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 05:52:04 AM

Lots of defi tokens are listed on uniswap, when the list price immediately went up drastically but after a day after a few hours it started to drop dramatically, and lots of new Defi projects that copied other projects, I think sooner or later defi will be like an ICO
I think uniswap is the best platform for scammer.
It is very simple to list a token on uniswap. Just create a liquidity pool and contract. And it is listed.
First time scammer pump the price,  when investor come and invest then they dump tbe price continiously.

Absolutely! exchanges like uniswap are notorious for scamming and tricking. Since most of the projects are open-source, many build their own skin on top of a successful project. This caused the death of ICO and made the investors flee.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:26:30 AM

5. Audits
I have made it a point of duty to always check if any DeFi project I associate with has an audit with a reputable and well-known firm. Audits simply mean if there actually is a real project and whether such tokens exist.

Final Thoughts
Never take my word as gospel. Some DeFi can still exit scam or rug pull even after fulfilling these conditions. Remember: ALWAYS DYOR

Number 4 and number 5 is very important I have seen a lot of DeFi projects reported because of these two things Poor and/or plagiarised whitepaper and  Audits, getting audited is very important because this is a smart contract-based project, it should be checked if there are loopholes on the project and the smart contract will be used as intended to be.
I agree projects must be audited by trusted companies like Hacken which has expertise in terms of security but other audit firms have always a culprit members look at AXION which edited by Certik and after launching someone from Certik team minted huge Axion tokens enough to drain liquidity in Uniswap worth almost $27m ,, https://cryptobriefing.com/axion-attack-inside-job-certik-says/ 

leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 12:44:40 PM

Defi was good 6 months ago, but now so many scam projects using defi names and scamming people. I myself got scam about $1500 on XFI project, it was going so good but the owner did a rug pull at the last moment, and took all ETH, and vanished. I learned my lesson, now I don't invest in any defi project, I hear lots of ppl got scammed. so be careful if you invest any money on defi project.

Nah,,, it was okay a year ago and also okay 6 months ago, but the scams were just as bad in those early times as it is now,,, maybe even worse in those times because a lot of early investors also lost money in March through makerdao crash remember? Now this is just ICO time again like before. Same scammers running and rinsing, and same greed making people lose money.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:20:02 PM

Everyone who uses Uniswap should remember that any tokens, including scams, can be placed on a decentralized exchange. Therefore, anyone who decides to buy tokens should conduct their own research before buying. Be sure to check the smart contract to avoid buying a fake token.
yes sometimes that's the cleverness of the scammers, they can place tokens in the best position and can get profit from traders or investors. so I think don't be fascinated by the word deFI because not all definitions are healthy

Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:24:49 PM

Ninety percent of new DeFi projects are complete scam, if you are in for one just know that you are on your own, even few new DeFi projects intentionally hacked themselves and lied to the world that they are been compromised, it's time to be smarter, DeFi is giving scammers the freedom to do as they want

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bison

Activity: 778
Merit: 100

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 03:28:03 PM

Everyone who uses Uniswap should remember that any tokens, including scams, can be placed on a decentralized exchange. Therefore, anyone who decides to buy tokens should conduct their own research before buying. Be sure to check the smart contract to avoid buying a fake token.
yes sometimes that's the cleverness of the scammers, they can place tokens in the best position and can get profit from traders or investors. so I think don't be fascinated by the word deFI because not all definitions are healthy
in fact, such a thing is perfectly natural. Scammers will continue to exist when something is popular. When ICOs in 2017 became popular and many projects were successful, scammers came and destroyed the moment. Likewise with IEO and DeFi. don't be too surprised.

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 06:02:37 PM

Usually the biggest red flag is when the defi project is a giant mess of an existing defi clone. Its basically added with some unecessary gimmicks and call it feature.

There are too many such defi projects that just seems very obvious but people still falling into the same trap. Moreover, if the dev themselves is anonymous why bother putting a money into the project isn't that the most obvious red flag as of now? kinda baffles me when people investing to a project who don't even reveal who's behind it and complaint when they lose the money.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Sirait

Activity: 1890
Merit: 101

1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2020, 06:07:59 PM

^ I think projects related to decentralized finance are mostly scams and just want to take investors' money. Most of these (DeFi) projects have the same features and products as each other. So I think these projects will sooner or later die like ICOs.

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4271

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2020, 08:14:25 PM

^ I think projects related to decentralized finance are mostly scams and just want to take investors' money. Most of these (DeFi) projects have the same features and products as each other. So I think these projects will sooner or later die like ICOs.
https://coinmarketcap.com/defi/
Which top 30 projects will die soon. They have been working for several years or more and are successfully developing, as well as attracting investments from well-known cryptocurrency funds.

Messari analyst Mason Nystrom tweeted:
https://twitter.com/masonnystrom/status/1320751165244669953
"Last week Polychain bought 329 $YFI which equates to 1.1% of the total supply.

Yesterday, Three Arrows Capital purchased 133 $YFI (.45% of total supply).

Investing like your favorite investment fund has never been easier. View both of these fund's liquid portfolios below!"

Either you are looking at the wrong projects, or you are somehow disappointed in Defi that every message is written like a carbon copy.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██