Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo & Bee talk (spam free thread)  (Read 261775 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mmeijeri

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:47:47 PM

Your MP lovefest on twitter shows and it's pretty disgusting display for the casual audience.

What MP lovefest?

ROI is not a verb, the term you're looking for is 'to break even'.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:50:49 PM

...In terms of removing the shackles of usury/banksters...

>hates banksters.
>sends coin to a bankster wannabee to start a bank.

Smart.

Touche. Although, I don't think that's an entirely accurate characterization, but more a twisting of the issue and circumstances. Maybe you know more than I do, but we all work on different and incomplete information - hence, the illogical human. Hence, your illogical snipe at me.

Illogical?  As in giving your money to a bankster WannaBee to fund a bank because you hate banksters?  The most interesting aspect of Bitcoin is it doesn't need banks and banksters to function.  And you are eager to fund a bank because profit. 
michaelGedi

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:51:28 PM

Again, you are assuming too much.  Nowhere did I say that the jumpers were also drivers, and nowhere did I suggest that driving to the moon is possible.  My analogy's fine.
As far as outliers like AM, they're outliers.  Even Three-Card Monte games have winners, but don't mistake getting roped into these games for investing.  Different thing.

Edit:  Even with outliers like AM, holders of various associated stock offerings (which is what's being discussed here) didn't always profit.  Take TAT's passthrough on Havelock:

I think it's fair to assume that your driving equate's to "being involved in the bitcoin space in a -more than just basic research or interwebz hype- manner, probably with some vested interest in some projects here or there". If the jumpers equate to anyone who had funds on gox, or, anyone who put coin into neobee and so on as you are clearly alluding to, well...

yes I'm assuming too much, it was not outlined clearly that A=1, B=2, so on. That said, you choose what words in what order to give what meaning, not merely my choice in how I interpret it.

I brought up AM not to discuss the frequency of successful, investable ventures, bitcoin denominated and accessible to bitcointalk et al, but to provide an example of a successful venture that (despite being probably the best investment so far for many, still) -is not perfect-. The inverse of your suicide analogy if there is one is basically, not to fly to the moon with freshly sprouted wings, clearly, but to just -live life-, as in not jump off the bridge, or, -drive cars on a road without crashing-. Fairly mundane really but that's about as good as it gets. My point is that your extreme and boundless critique seems to be primarily fuelled by your enjoyment of the exercise, and that if there was a case that attempted to let you know that things weren't all that bad, like the outlier AM, you will still manage to find it akin to just driving on the road at best, with all the problems that that carries with it.  

anyway I'm getting way off topic

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:52:21 PM

And you are eager to fund a bank because profit.

They said they were going to hold funds with multi-sig.

velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:54:53 PM

I would call 1 month unpaid wages and other such small expenses very small debt.
you don't know the size of the expenses.  calling their debt small is pure speculation.  One of the recent news stories said the outstanding debt was huge.

NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 02:56:31 PM

@mmeijeri:  If Neo said that along with being a bank, it would also rescue kittens, would that make Neo any less of a bank?
bite111

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:01:09 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:43:33 AM by bite111

wow

waveofuture

Activity: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:01:44 PM

...In terms of removing the shackles of usury/banksters...

>hates banksters.
>sends coin to a bankster wannabee to start a bank.

Smart.

Touche. Although, I don't think that's an entirely accurate characterization, but more a twisting of the issue and circumstances. Maybe you know more than I do, but we all work on different and incomplete information - hence, the illogical human. Hence, your illogical snipe at me.

Illogical?  As in giving your money to a bankster WannaBee to fund a bank because you hate banksters?  The most interesting aspect of Bitcoin is it doesn't need banks and banksters to function.  And you are eager to fund a bank because profit.  

I'm new here, for what it's worth, but your ability to offend and act like an idiot is apparent. You have no friggin' idea why I invested in Neo & Bee. Really. You are illogical. Your statement's so far have been illogical (due to incomplete information) and you act like they're logical without even beginning to take a wise or mature stance on the issue by way of accepting you don't know what you're talking about most of the time (purely by virtue of the universe's mechanisms; that's not a personal slight).

So, in summary ... you don't know why I invested in Neo & Bee (hint: profit was a motive, but the ills of society can be assisted by bitcoin and I'm prepared to take chances on it, even at personal risk, which I'm more than happy to do) and your assertions to the contrary paint you as a pure-bred monkey. Which is ok, because you are a monkey. Highly intelligent, but a monkey nonetheless.

Edit: I agree wholeheartedly that bitcoin doesn't need banks or "banksters." Perhaps I was overzealous in my investment with Neo & Bee. Perhaps I didn't research the company enough, that's definitely a possibility. Though, I know that while sending coin their way, I didn't think of them as a "bank" per se (we can argue that whole other point another day), but something entirely different by virtue of bitcoin - and that's valid in my book.
NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:04:51 PM

TL;DR:
1.  Repeat ad nauseum that I am illogical and offensive.
2.  Provide no substance to back those claims.
3.  Huh
4.   PROFIT.

*I understand that my pointing out the absurdity of what you have done seems mean.  I have tried logic and reason -- those fail with NeoBee investors.  I later realized my folly -- I was trying to *explain* to the rats *why* certain behavior traits were undesirable.  I'm now trying simple Pavlovian conditioning.  
michaelGedi

Activity: 364

"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:08:21 PM

...but a monkey nonetheless...

Cheesy PROFIT

TRADE FOREX, STOCKS AND COMMODITIES without the paperwork with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/m/r.php?i=3589

1BROKER has been around since 2012 and is going strong
waveofuture

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:11:33 PM

TL;DR:
3.  Huh
4.   PROFIT.

*I understand that my pointing out the absurdity of what you have done seems mean.  I have tried logic and reason -- those fail with NeoBee investors.  I later realized my folly -- I was trying to *explain* to the rats *why* certain behavior was undesirable.  I'm now trying simple Pavlovian conditioning.  

You're human. What more do you need? Maybe your posts that twist the circumstances like the mainstream news? Good one, dude/tte.

You make the point exquisitely with the above post.

You can't even address your inability to understand why I invested in Neo & Bee.

Edit: Again, I'm new here and haven't had the time to read through over 200+ pages of posts. I'm trying, but it takes time. What I did was not "absurd" in my book. I was fully prepared for the risk. I've been in the game of bitcoin, investing, money, etc... long enough to understand the implications. Yet, that doesn't negate my right to ask questions and look for answers from the parties that appear to be less than honest. It's offensive that you lump all Neo & Bee investors together and say logic and reason don't work. I'm not arguing that in your experience it didn't, but the broad categorization like that is indicative of a maturing mind, not yet able to make distinctions within large subsets of a population.

Edit2: The point is: bitcoin is amazing/awesome/genius/evolutionary and I'm prepared to flush my life-savings down the fucking toilet if it makes the world a better place for the rest of humanity in the long run (I'm going to do my best to not flush it away, but if that's the roll of the dice, that's the roll). Personal profit is one of the least of my worries.
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:13:26 PM

All this talk of FUD and profits and share manipulation is utter meaningless nonsense.

Neo/Bee problems do not stem from FUD or share price movements, they are in the real world, where they screwed up. The same failure would have occurred without any of the threads or posts on this forum.
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:14:13 PM

@mmeijeri:  If Neo said that along with being a bank, it would also rescue kittens, would that make Neo any less of a bank?

Well, I'd say they wouldn't really have been a bank. Or are you referring to the pegged accounts?

NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:15:09 PM

TL;DR:
3.  Huh
4.   PROFIT.

*I understand that my pointing out the absurdity of what you have done seems mean.  I have tried logic and reason -- those fail with NeoBee investors.  I later realized my folly -- I was trying to *explain* to the rats *why* certain behavior was undesirable.  I'm now trying simple Pavlovian conditioning.  

You're human. What more do you need? Maybe your posts that twist the circumstances like the mainstream news? Good one, dude/tte.

You make the point exquisitely with the above post.

You can't even address your inability to understand why I invested in Neo & Bee.

I'm not interested in your motives -- this is finance, not Christianity.  The results, on the other hand, are disastrous for you and detrimental to Bitcoin as a whole.  Please stop what you're doing.  Do not want.  BZZZZT!!!!
bite111

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:15:34 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2014, 09:43:58 AM by bite111

You invested in Neo Bee?

NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Well, I'd say they wouldn't really have been a bank. Or are you referring to the pegged accounts?

I'm referring to everything other than the ridiculous "because having your own bitcoin wallet is hard" wallets.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:19:08 PM

Do not really matter... Anyone which invested in this fiasco is an accessory for a crime. Just a delusional investor would fund a fraudulent project like that. It is like to give money to someone reinvent the wheel. Whoever thought a company could create a new kind of bank based on Bitcoin deserve what is happening. The level of stupidity of people involved with Bitcoin is increasing in proportion to "mining" difficulty. The most funny part is the people wandering why the BTC/USD price is falling... Perhaps because the biggest Bitcoin fraudulent schemes are imploding?

Roll Eyes
waveofuture

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:26:43 PM

I'm not interested in your motives -- this is finance, not Christianity.  The results, on the other hand, are disastrous for you and detrimental to Bitcoin as a whole.

You are interested in my motives as evidenced by one of your previous posts. I'm not even going to go find it because you obviously don't remember. Obviously. 

This is quite bad. I agree. That's one of the reasons I created an account. But, how do you know they're "disastrous" for me? You don't know that, because, uh, it isn't...? 
mmeijeri

Martijn Meijering

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:29:39 PM

I'm referring to everything other than the ridiculous "because having your own bitcoin wallet is hard" wallets.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Having your own bitcoin wallet is kind of the point of Bitcoin, so you don't need a bank. At the same time it's totally true that having your own bitcoin wallet is hard. Fortunately, multisig wallets can help with that. And that's exactly what Neo said they were going to do. It was a great idea, it's still a great idea, others are working on it too, several have even deployed it already. It's very different from what banks do, in the sense that they cannot run off with the money. On the other hand, from a usability perspective it isn't so different. It gives you the best of both words. Neo was a great idea, but clearly Danny Brewster was not the man to run it. I'd love to know WTF went wrong.

NotLambchop

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 03:29:47 PM

I'm not interested in your motives -- this is finance, not Christianity.  The results, on the other hand, are disastrous for you and detrimental to Bitcoin as a whole.

You are interested in my motives as evidenced by one of your previous posts. I'm not even going to go find it because you obviously don't remember. Obviously.  

This is quite bad. I agree. That's one of the reasons I created an account. But, how do you know they're "disastrous" for me? You don't know that, because, uh, it isn't...?  

If losing money while contributing to mainstream negativity is your idea of success, I apologize.

@mmeijeri:  As I said, "...everything other than..."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: