Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:30:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Darts] 2021 PDC World Darts Championship  (Read 410 times)
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1670

#birdgang

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 01:30:09 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2020, 06:26:36 PM by tyKiwanuka

So van den Bergh lost to Chisnall. I like Chizzy and always thought he underperformed a bit in the WC, so this was a good win for him. Some nice drama between van Duijvenbode/Durrant and Bunting/Searle.

The quarterfinal odds:

Source: https://www.oddsportal.com/darts/world/pdc-world-championship/

A bit surprised with these low odds for Ratajski, looks more 50/50 to me. And I like Andersons odds, because he has been at this stage multiple times, while van Duijvenbode will be super nervous and he didn't convince me against Durrant.

Everything is pointing to a MvG - Price final now, though I can maybe see Anderson beating MvG in semifinal - if both get there Grin

.....wie die Zeit fliegt.....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2020, 02:22:32 PM

So van den Bergh lost to Chisnall. I like Chizzy and always thought he underperformed a bit in the WC, so this was a good win for him. Some nice drama between van Duijvenbode/Durrant and Bunting/Searle.

The quarterfinal odds:

Source: https://www.oddsportal.com/darts/world/pdc-world-championship/

A bit surprised with these high odds for Ratajski, looks more 50/50 to me. And I like Andersons odds, because he has been at this stage multiple times, while van Duijvenbode will be super nervous and he didn't convince me against Durrant.

Everything is pointing to a MvG - Price final now, though I can maybe see Anderson beating MvG in semifinal - if both get there Grin

It was a nice match of van den Bergh against Chisnall, but too bad that vdB lost. He had chances in the match but missed too many doubles. In the first 3 sets, Chisnall played extremely good so if he can keep this form, he can maybe surprise van Gerwen.

I don't know about Anderson; I quite like van Duijvenbode and he had a nice comeback against Durrant. Anderson has a lot more experience but will his body hold in long matches?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 05:39:58 PM

I don't know about Anderson; I quite like van Duijvenbode and he had a nice comeback against Durrant. Anderson has a lot more experience but will his body hold in long matches?

Anderson is good and I might bet on him in his fight against van Duijvenbode. Also, his experience is a huge factor to be taken that makes him being in the upperhand in this battle. But we still don't know, I am quite amazed with Duijvenbode and he might turn the tables.

Pardon for being new to this topic, I've just watched Darts recently and it was sooo fun to watch. The feeling of watching it and the chants of audiences seems to be the same with Billiards and other two player games. Definitely following this thread!  Grin
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
December 31, 2020, 07:36:11 PM

Anderson was saying yesterday that he's not done much practicing at all, and the next tournament will be one to watch in particular for him. Although, he did very well winning all 4 sets, and although didn't look his absolute best, he definitely looked like a contender. Personally, I think Anderson will get to the final, and his experience will carry him to another win. Three time world champion?

Pardon for being new to this topic, I've just watched Darts recently and it was sooo fun to watch. The feeling of watching it and the chants of audiences seems to be the same with Billiards and other two player games. Definitely following this thread!  Grin
Personally, I believe the audience is what brings the atmosphere which is what makes darts what it is. It has the atmosphere that brings everyone in the room together, and doesn't focus on rivalries as much as other sports.
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 05:26:46 PM

So Anderson and Bunting are through to the semifinals. I was a bit late for Bunting and he was cruising right from the beginning, so missed out on the nice odds on him. Took Anderson though and after a shaky start (or good start by vD), he easily won 5-1 in the end. Was just a little bit too much for the Dutchman as expected. Anderson had a 100+ avg, he seems to run hot just at the right time.

Thought some more about tonight games and I came to the conclusion that one of the favs will go out. Chisnall hasn't won against MvG for ages and I don't see him winning today as well; also considering he has never been past the QF here and will surely get nervous once he comes close to it.
Have to bet against Price in consequence, lol. He was good against King, but had some trouble with Dolan and Lewis the rounds before. Gurney was pretty solid thus far, but Price is a different animal of course, and for him it would be his first SF appearance as well. Part of this bet is surely that I can't stand Price, probably more hope than value, lets see Cheesy

Personally, I believe the audience is what brings the atmosphere which is what makes darts what it is. It has the atmosphere that brings everyone in the room together, and doesn't focus on rivalries as much as other sports.

Agree with the non-focus on rivalries, this is all in all a very friendly and easy going atmosphere, though rivalries do add a lot of spice in sports normally. What makes Darts very likeable is that a lot of athletes look like you and me, so it's a bit easier to identify with them. And I guess everyone has thrown a dart in their life in some pub - makes it harder to not adore them for what they are able to do.

Watching this on TV, there is no sports, where you feel such a big part of the attendance; being really inside the crowd with all the crazy things they are normally doing. It's a very good show and they have a very good slot with their Championships every year - there are not a lot of other sports going on during this time of the year.

LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2021, 09:17:46 PM

Thought some more about tonight games and I came to the conclusion that one of the favs will go out. Chisnall hasn't won against MvG for ages and I don't see him winning today as well; also considering he has never been past the QF here and will surely get nervous once he comes close to it.
It's something incredible what Chisnall did today - beating Van Gerwen 5:0 is something unbeleavable. It's probably his best match in whole career. Odds for his win was over 5, maybe someone had stake on him?
Price - Gurney match was also very interesting where all 9 sets were needed to decide winner.
So, now we have semifinals on Saturday:
Chisnall - Anderson
Bunting - Price

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2021, 10:07:14 PM

Agree with the non-focus on rivalries, this is all in all a very friendly and easy going atmosphere, though rivalries do add a lot of spice in sports normally. What makes Darts very likeable is that a lot of athletes look like you and me, so it's a bit easier to identify with them. And I guess everyone has thrown a dart in their life in some pub - makes it harder to not adore them for what they are able to do.

Watching this on TV, there is no sports, where you feel such a big part of the attendance; being really inside the crowd with all the crazy things they are normally doing. It's a very good show and they have a very good slot with their Championships every year - there are not a lot of other sports going on during this time of the year.
That's true, with most sports athletes usually resembling something of a greek god, its much more comfortable watching a few guys throw a dart at a dart board. I do agree that rivalries are the bread, and butter of a lot of sports, but its nice to be in a sort of more "casual" environment sometimes. The thing is about darts too, is its rarely boring you know what your going to get. Whereas, some sports can be exciting one minute, and then boring for the next 90 minutes, and I think even diehard fans of these sports can admit to that.

Chisnall - Anderson
Bunting - Price
Anderson vs Chisnall final I'm guessing. Anderson taking it home.
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 12:07:49 PM

It's something incredible what Chisnall did today - beating Van Gerwen 5:0 is something unbeleavable. It's probably his best match in whole career.

Yep, this was unbelievable and probably one of the biggest suprises ever with this scoreline. Chizzy winning 5-0 was something around 100 odds Shocked And even when it was 4-0, I still had the feeling Chisnall could implode at any moment and MvG will go on to win this.

Anderson vs Chisnall final I'm guessing.

This is not possible, when they meet in semifinal tonight Wink

Price is around 1.35 tb Bunting and this looks fair. Bunting would need a very good and constant day to reach the final, but I think he is too erratic in the end.

Chisnall vs Anderson is 1.75 2.08 and I think there is small value on Anderson, I would have made him favourite here. For Chisnall this will be a super difficult game today after yesterdays performance, since it can only get worse from here on. But I don't want to bet on the winner here - maybe only if I can get Anderson 3+ inplay - and just placed a bet on over 23.5 total match 180s.

Chisnall has 1.8 180s per set on average throughout this WC, Anderson only 0.95. With 9 or more sets played, this would send it over statistically Grin But I am expecting Anderson to up this stat a bit today and this will also be a close one, so 9 sets might not be enough.

Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 01:21:26 PM

I find the results in darts very hard to predict in general because it seems to me like it depends more on the daily form of the individual players than in any others sports.
Just take that match van gerwen vs chisnall yesterday, i guess no one predict an outcome like that.

For todays matches i think a win of Price over Bunting is the safest bet to make because in my opinion price needs to play very bad for his standards to lose against bunting.
In the match Anderson vs. Chisnall anything can happen, it just depends on which one of the two is feeling better today.
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 01:23:12 PM

Everybody who betted on Chisnall got a nice profit. He totally destroyed can Gerwen.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 02:21:58 PM

At least there is some people in the room to chant  Grin. I always enjoy watching darts just because of the crazy atmosphere, I still want to watch it live one day!

I am curious to see if Ashton can reach the 2nd round; last year Fallon Sherrock enjoyed her moment of fame becoming the first ever woman to win against a man on the WK.

It is so cool watching people go crazy about darts. I mean, the first time I learned about darts is when I was a kid and all you have to do is aim for the bullseye which is not an easy task.

Watching tournaments right now is really cool specially when they get that "180" chant. I think I watch that Sherrock moment and it was really a gut punch to most players playing in that tournament haha.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 02:23:32 PM

Everybody who betted on Chisnall got a nice profit. He totally destroyed can Gerwen.

Chisnall was an underdog and they did not even expect Dave to get a leg which is not a case that happened. Now they are dubbing their previous game one of "GREATEST LEG EVER" in a darts match SPECIALLY AGAINST MVG!!! One does not simply defeat MVG but man, that game is really nerve-wrecking.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
dre1982

View Profile
January 02, 2021, 03:08:38 PM

Chisnall was an underdog and they did not even expect Dave to get a leg which is not a case that happened. Now they are dubbing their previous game one of "GREATEST LEG EVER" in a darts match SPECIALLY AGAINST MVG!!! One does not simply defeat MVG but man, that game is really nerve-wrecking.

Yep Van Gerwen didn't had any chance. Too bad Van Duijvenbode also lost so we Dutchies haven't any player left to root for.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 12:02:37 PM

So the final will be Anderson vs Price Smiley Odds are favouring Price slightly, which I think is wrong. Anderson has been here before and he will not be that nervous, whereas Price for me just wants it too much maybe. This can be a good thing, but against a veteran like Anderson I see it as a disadvantage. The Flying Scotsman is getting stronger and stronger each round; his last wins were all easy (6-3/5-1/4-0), while Price was struggling a lot more. Unlike Bunting/Gurney this Anderson will punish any weaknesses Price shows and this will drive Price crazy.
Otoh Price can, and surely will, play some mind games and Anderson can get distracted easily by (his) antics, like he already showed already in the Suljovic match. So all in all not something for a big bet, but I played Anderson to win @2.16 with medium stakes.

babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2021, 01:17:55 PM

So the final will be Anderson vs Price Smiley Odds are favouring Price slightly, which I think is wrong. Anderson has been here before and he will not be that nervous, whereas Price for me just wants it too much maybe. This can be a good thing, but against a veteran like Anderson I see it as a disadvantage. The Flying Scotsman is getting stronger and stronger each round; his last wins were all easy (6-3/5-1/4-0), while Price was struggling a lot more. Unlike Bunting/Gurney this Anderson will punish any weaknesses Price shows and this will drive Price crazy.
Otoh Price can, and surely will, play some mind games and Anderson can get distracted easily by (his) antics, like he already showed already in the Suljovic match. So all in all not something for a big bet, but I played Anderson to win @2.16 with medium stakes.

Agreed. I also think Anderson is the favorite over here, he will have less pressure than price and it seems to be he is fine form. So an odd of 2.16 for Anderson to win is value.

I watched the match of Van Gerwen vs Chisnall and I couldn't believe my eyes. What a fantastic match of Chisnall! I thought that Van Gerwen could maybe make a comeback in set 5 as he was throwing a lot better but Chisnall was just fantastic that night.

All in all it has been a nice championship: we got some surprises and upsets and discovered some new talents as Van Duijvenbode.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 10:55:02 PM

I honestly though Anderson would be taking it home, so I'm actually quite pleased to see a Welsh man take the title. I do believe the first Welsh man in history to bring it home. Although, I'll be honest even with the added element of supporting your nation, I thought Anderson had way to much experience, but I've been pleasantly proven wrong.

Price seemed to be on a massive roll at the beginning, not missing much at all. However, around mid way through we started to see the mistakes creep in, and I thought to myself; "Well, here we go, Anderson with the experience", but he managed to pull through thanks to the early success.

Definitely a mistype there for me.
Jackl87

Activity: 1722
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 11:30:21 PM

I honestly though Anderson would be taking it home, so I'm actually quite pleased to see a Welsh man take the title. I do believe the first Welsh man in history to bring it home. Although, I'll be honest even with the added element of supporting your nation, I thought Anderson had way to much experience, but I've been pleasantly proven wrong.

Price seemed to be on a massive roll at the beginning, not missing much at all. However, around mid way through we started to see the mistakes creep in, and I thought to myself; "Well, here we go, Anderson with the experience", but he managed to pull through thanks to the early success.

Definitely a mistype there for me.

I was actually rooting for Anderson to win it again after all of those commentators talked about him that he should quit and so on.
I also find the behaviour of Price pretty annoying most of the time but it seems to get better with that at least. He just celebrates now and leaves the opponent alone.
Price was just playing great today so he really deserved to win it.
tyKiwanuka (OP)
Legendary

#birdgang

View Profile
January 03, 2021, 11:49:30 PM

"Well, here we go, Anderson with the experience", but he managed to pull through thanks to the early success.

Yep, Anderson digged himself just too much of a hole to make a comeback. He actually started quite well in first set, but missed to check 18 when leading 2-0 in legs and went on to even lose the set. Recovered well in 2nd set, but after that it was all Price basically.
But as @Jackl87 said, it was well deserved, he was leading all statistical categories and Anderson was poor on the doubles with only 26.87% (Price 45.61%). I was mentioning above that Price probably wants it too much, but maybe it was Anderson not wanting it that much in the end having won the WC twice and generally not concentrating 100% on Darts no more.

Lets hope there will be spectators next edition again, I was missing those crazy pictures and the crazy atmosphere during the broadcast Tongue

dre1982

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 08:26:57 AM

Lets hope there will be spectators next edition again, I was missing those crazy pictures and the crazy atmosphere during the broadcast Tongue

Yep the spectators making it must more fun to watch. I think also for the players that it makes a big difference.

Price deserved to win this tournament. He was the most stable players this time.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
ongkok87

Activity: 1120
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 04, 2021, 11:16:31 AM

Also nice that Price has now become the winner, and also the new number 1 in the world. van gerwen is put in his place for a moment. about time, too, that guy got way too big mouth

1xBit.com TICKET RUSH
                                       ▄██▄▄
    ▄▄▄▀▀█████▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄    ▄███████▄
  ▄▀      ▀█▀      ▀▄        ▄█████████████████▄
 ██▌       █       ▐██      ▄████████████████▀▀██
████▄▄   ▄▄█▄▄   ▄▄████   ▄████████████████▀████
██▀   ▀▀███████▀▀   ▀██▄▄██████████████▀▀███▄▄██
█        █████        ██████████████▀██████▀▀ ▄▀
█       █     █       ███████████▀▀███▀▀▀▀▄▀▀
 █▄▄▄▄▄▀       ▀▄▄▄▄█████████████▀▀
  ▀████▄       ▄███████████████▀▀
    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄███████████████