Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoind sync problem?  (Read 679 times)
st4nl3y (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 07:15:58 PM

So i installed bitcoind on my vps and server is running and syncing but i am constantly an hour behind the blockchain. Also, yesterday i tried to send some coins from Multibit to one of the bitcoind addresses on my server but even after 100+ confirmations, the wallet shows 0 balance and 0 confirmations? Can someone help please.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 02:38:43 AM

So i installed bitcoind on my vps and server is running and syncing but i am constantly an hour behind the blockchain. Also, yesterday i tried to send some coins from Multibit to one of the bitcoind addresses on my server but even after 100+ confirmations, the wallet shows 0 balance and 0 confirmations? Can someone help please.
maybe your VPS is too slow to keep up with the blockchain?

try maxconnections=1
listen=0
connect=5.9.24.81
st4nl3y (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:27:00 PM

maybe your VPS is too slow to keep up with the blockchain?

try maxconnections=1
listen=0
connect=5.9.24.81

thank you sir. Turned out i was still in december 2012  Shocked   but i have setup swap.img and it's catching up quicker now. Bitcoind takes 41% of my 1024mb but when fully synced it should drop to 200mb
mintodev

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:27:30 PM

If the wallet shows 0 balance means, still the blocks are not downloaded in full. You need to wait until the full blocks are downloaded. Let it be sync in full and then it will show the balance.
st4nl3y (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:30:28 PM

If the wallet shows 0 balance means, still the blocks are not downloaded in full. You need to wait until the full blocks are downloaded. Let it be sync in full and then it will show the balance.

thanks, it's catching up now.. feb 2013 Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: