Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:29:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: According to CoinMarketCap 1 BTC = 0.99997455 BTC (Mod Please move to Off-Topic)  (Read 98 times)
KonstantinosM (OP)

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 03:06:38 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2020, 03:28:45 AM by KonstantinosM

$27,370.51 USD (9.84%)
0.99997455 BTC (0.00%)

Kind of a weird bug. Can someone else here confirm this?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Edit: It went back to 1.00000000 just minutes later. I did get a screenshot of the original.

screenshot: https://ibb.co/P4DvR3b

Edit2: I initially posted to Bitcoin Discussion on accident. This is pretty off-topic.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 03:16:08 PM

I see 1btc here.

I assume they use an average to calculate both, maybe one average was out or not yet updated...
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
December 27, 2020, 03:34:49 PM

coinmarketcap.com has always been a terrible website with a lot of issues. it is also not a bitcoin price reporting site but instead an altcoin place that is why the price of bitcoin is being calculated in reverse as if it is one of the altcoins (from USD to BTC) and apparently something breaks in their code while they are doing that computation which is why instead of reporting price of 1 bitcoin they are reporting price of $27,370.51.

There is a FOMO brewing...
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2020, 03:36:44 PM

It is fine now. I guess it is only a temp error on coinmarketcap but don't think of how this error occured. 1 BTC is 1 BTC and no need to make any conversion so it should be a fix line on coinmarketcap.

Error if occurs with BTC and $, I can understand as it needs conversion.

The error makes me notice another funny thing on coinmarketcap. Why do they need the percent of BTC to BTC. It is not necessary and they should not present this info after all. They maybe operate the same template for all cryptocurrency and did not give BTC an exception.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 12:20:16 PM

It's obviously an error on their part. A little advice though - don't take everything in coinmarketcap seriously because they aren't 100% accurate. Always look at it with a grain of salt or you can compare it with other sites like coingecko or something.
KonstantinosM (OP)

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
December 28, 2020, 10:52:12 PM

It's obviously an error on their part. A little advice though - don't take everything in coinmarketcap seriously because they aren't 100% accurate. Always look at it with a grain of salt or you can compare it with other sites like coingecko or something.

Well, I took it seriously and immediately sold all of my Bitcoin for Bitcoin so I could arbitrage the Bitcoin to Bitcoin pair.

I now own all the Bitcoin.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: