Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:47:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to start a petshop - I need help !  (Read 863 times)
crocko (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:21:28 AM

Hello !

I want to start a petshop with that payment in BTC / LTC in order to spread the use of the cryptocoins.
I need to know what is a fair ratio  LTC/BTC  in order to set an affordable price for the pets.
Any help is welcomed !

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gamybtc

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:20:00 PM

Hi, Use Bitcoins.

Keep 90% Bitcoins and 10% Litecoins.

Most of them never use litecoins, more of them are interested in bitcoins.
So, just use them, and accept them.

BTC : 1fDTCkVcJ7SaVnoFjA5U1xfHQVfv1BWCb
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:45:42 PM

So you basically want to open a pet shop that will accept both BTC and LTC payment as an alternative to cash? I think it'll be tough to maintain prices manually right now due to BTC's high volatility but if you implemented a digital platform that changed your BTC prices according to the market (say against USD), it'd be possible to always stay up date.

Either way, I applaud your effort! If only more businesses began accepting BTC!
battlescars

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:52:13 PM

the reason why businesses avoid cryptocurrency is due to its very volatile nature, it is a risky business.

1. you have to balance and manage your businesses effectively to maximize sales, in your case a petshop so that means you have to focus on orders, shipping
tools and you have to focus on making your website look attractive etc.

2. You have to be wary of the prices of bitcoins and since you want ltc you need to check prices even more so you know when is a good time to buy and sell.
I wish you gl in the future with your store though.

a website is key !

MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 04:32:05 PM

best tip for you is already given by "Frost000" you implemented a digital platform that changed your BTC prices according to the market (say against USD), it'd be possible to always stay up date.  if you can do this then carry on with your idea of accepting BTC/LTC good work and best wishes with you  Grin

crocko (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:50:49 PM

Hello again!

I can't find a properly web platform  that changed the BTC prices according to the market (eg.: against USD).

I was thinking to accept other coins too, like PPC (PPC/USD, PPC/BTC), NMC (NMC/USD, NMC/BTC), TRC (TRC/BTC), FTC (FTC/USD, FTC/BTC), LTC (LTC/USD, LTC/BTC).

You know, maybe someone wish to buy only small products (a golden fish), let say for $10 - he can pay with PPC, or if he come to the store, he can use his smartphone/tablet to do the transaction  right there.

I agree that a digital platform is the key, but I don't know such an apps.

Any help ?

BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
Frost000

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 08:56:08 PM

Don't Coinbase and Bitstamp offer that service? I'm definitely not in the know, but I thought Coinbase was handling business for Overstock.com...
crocko (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:10:47 PM

My (good) intention was to promote other coins too, not only BTC / LTC, but seems that my website will look like BTC-E or Crypto-Trade  Smiley

It is easy to post the price in USD and in BTC and offer the both alternatives of payment, but I really feel sorry for the rest of the coins because they aren't properly promoted and they are subject only to the market speculations..

Anyway, If I know a web platform for exchange, I will experiment how to offer more payment alternatives...

crocko (OP)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 09:27:39 PM

And I have another reason to use alt coins.

Right now people spend thousands of $ purchasing pre-orders for ASICS. Some of them pay with BTC, so they pay 0.001 BTC as transfer fee.

If a customer come to my shop and buy a bag of dog biscuits with cryptos, he must pay the same transfer fee: 0.001 (of the used coin)

It is a big difference to pay 0.001 BTC and (let's say) 0.001 PPC

And if you have a hungry dog and must return to buy several times per day, spending 0.001 PPC vs 0.001 BTC each time, will make the difference.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: