Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:31:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Waves.Exchange Wallet Help  (Read 38 times)
jerry0 (OP)

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 05:47:07 PM

I haven't logged into my waves.exchange wallet account since last year or so.  When I did, all i had to do was type in my password to access my waves wallet in waves.exchange

Now it says to access my account

You can do it by

Email
Ledger
Software

I do have nano ledger but did not download waves wallet on it.  Does anyone here do this and recommend it?  I do have nano ledger for my btc and bch.

So if i choose email, i need to put my email and a new password.  Then i confirm it with a link sent to that email?  So when I then log into waves.exchange wallet each time, i type in my email and password to log in each time right?  But I never have to type in my waves seed ever?  Wouldn't I have to enter my waves seed the first time when i do this or you don't need to?

Other option is software where it says log in via seed, private key or keystore file.  I have my waves seed now. 

So if i click on software it then shows

Welcome Back

Password 
Enter password(not seed phrase)
Continue

So it seems i could type password and then click continue.

So I'm confused with the software option.  If I choose this option, do i still need to Sign Up or not?  Because i thought software means i could type my seed on this line.  But it says enter password and not seed phrase?

Or is the enter password on that page the current password I already had for the waves.exchange wallet?

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2021, 06:58:50 PM

Just choose software option. Then you can create a new account or can continue with old account on the next page. After creating the account, login and select the import wallet and type seeds. Thats it Smiley
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:00:45 PM

You are trying to connect your wallet with an exchange which means yes you should create an account before trying to connect your wallet. I will simply choose the email option because it is safe and not going to leak any sensitive data while entering when your email is not your primary one.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:08:14 PM

Just choose software option. Then you can create a new account or can continue with old account on the next page. After creating the account, login and select the import wallet and type seeds. Thats it Smiley

But after clicking on software option, do i need to create a new account?  Why would i though if i already have a waves_exchange account already?  It should still be my old same account right?  Again, i am using the same laptop that i used since i last logged into waves_exchange last year.  I would open waves_exchange and type password and thats it.  So shouldn't it be the same password i been using all along?

I could understand having to create a new account if i never used waves_exchange... but i have used it for a while back.  The only difference was back then, the login option is much different.  It was just type in password or create account.  Now it gives you multiple options.  So i want to know... can i click on software... then just enter my old waves_exchange password to log in just like normal?

Im trying to connect my wallet with an exchange... but i have used this waves_exchange wallet before.  Again, I used it for a long time already.  Its just i havent logged in for a while because i notice the login options look different.  So could i just enter my old waves password and thats it?  Asking this because i dont want to make a mistake here so i like someone who has used the waves_exchange wallet could answer this.  Again, i used this waves_exchange wallet a long time ago when it came out. 
VIP BTC

Activity: 375
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:15:59 PM

You just need to re-create a password, and then you can login using the Seed or Key, by importing the phrases you backed up. Passwords only work in one browser, if you log in on a different browser, you will need to create a new password.
The most important thing is Phrase.
If you use Ledger, you click Ledger, then connect to Waves Exchange.

jerry0 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:01:20 PM

You just need to re-create a password, and then you can login using the Seed or Key, by importing the phrases you backed up. Passwords only work in one browser, if you log in on a different browser, you will need to create a new password.
The most important thing is Phrase.
If you use Ledger, you click Ledger, then connect to Waves Exchange.

Why would I need to recreate a password?  Im confused why this is necessary since im still using the exact waves_exchange client as i did last year?  You say passwords only work in one browser, if you log in in different browser, you need new password.  So im using a new browser now?  If so, how?  I am still using the same waves_exchange client right?  Only difference is the log is bit different as it gives more options now?

How would i re-create a password?  You mean sign up for new account after clicking software... is that what you mean?  Then after i put in new password, type in my waves seed?

The thing that confuses me is why do I need to recreate a password here?  Back then when i used the waves lite client on chrome... i remember the first time i had to change to waves new dex client... i had to create a new password... then enter in my waves seed.  Then after a while, the waves new dex client was no more and then we had to use the waves_exchange client.  So i had to do same thing, create new password for waves_exchange client... then type in my waves seed in it... and it was fine.  

But right now, its still the exact waves_exchange client right?  If it is... then why do i need to create a new password?  

Now if its no longer the waves_exchange client and it changed to a completely new waves client... then i understand having to create a new password and needing to then type in the waves seed.  But I don't get why i need to create a new password here since im still using the exact waves_exchange client?  Could someone answer me this part?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: