Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:34:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is ETH overpriced?  (Read 2073 times)
b1boy

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 02:46:05 PM

The greater part of most altcoins  today are Ethereum based. And Given this current realities, it's not possible for anyone to put down Ethereum. Ethereum may have more exorbitant prices this year as you can see if bitcoin goes up ethereum also goes up .It has this high potential and I think will perform better in 2021 after falling short for like 3years

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 02:53:51 PM

The greater part of most altcoins  today are Ethereum based. And Given this current realities, it's not possible for anyone to put down Ethereum. Ethereum may have more exorbitant prices this year as you can see if bitcoin goes up ethereum also goes up .It has this high potential and I think will perform better in 2021 after falling short for like 3years

Agree with you, Ethereum is my all time favourite coin and it has great potential and this time ETH will shock everyone by Making new records as bitcoin shocked the crypto world by reaching 50k $ milestone. After bitcoin every big trader have trusted ETH over all altcoins. And this time ETH will reach 5k$ by the mid of 2021.
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 03:04:49 PM

In my conclusion it has potential to rise more and it is nice chance to purchase as numerous as one can since after eth 2.0 full dispatch eth will ended up a deflationary venture that will burn and reduce supply frequently so that's why im bullish on eth and im seeking out for genuine bulls ahead.Ethereum isn't overpriced, it ought to be esteemed at half of BTC per coin since it is truly a profoundly profitable Blockchain that's being utilized by thousands of humans.Ether could be a coin with incredible future i think who missed the BTC party can connect ETHER.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
laredo7mm

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 04:30:40 PM

Agree with you, Ethereum is my all time favourite coin and it has great potential and this time ETH will shock everyone by Making new records as bitcoin shocked the crypto world by reaching 50k $ milestone. After bitcoin every big trader have trusted ETH over all altcoins. And this time ETH will reach 5k$ by the mid of 2021.

According to historical data ETH always keep a good co-relation with BTC by keeping it 1BTC = 32ETH. So if ETH hit $5k then BTC price should be around $150k. This number is quite high but achievable because of the hype about crypto this year. As soon as the crypto market cross 1 trillion it didn't take more than a month to cross 1.5 trillion. This is a clear indication of mass adoption, institutional investors, and hype about it. But there should be a big correction before that could happen.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:34:54 PM

If you consider there is no hard cap to the amount of Eth that can be generated, if I was an Eth holder I would be somehow worried. Eth is no more than dogecoin in terms of supply right now, because until they do not decide how many ethers there will be, I can easily say that ethers are overpriced.
Not having a cap, it makes eth worthless like fiat money.

That's exactly my point. ETH is just like DOGE in the sense that both coins have a huge supply of coins in circulation. Unlike Bitcoin, ETH is an inflationary cryptocurrency with no fixed supply. How can something as infinite as ETH be extremely valuable today? It doesn't make any sense. This goes against the rules of supply and demand. But in crypto land, anything can be expected.

If this keeps up, we may see ETH heading north of $2k per coin. The higher the price in terms of Fiat, the more expensive it'll be to interact with decentralized applications. It greatly defeats Ethereum's purpose of being the "World Computer". There's a reason why developers made Ethereum as an inflationary asset. That was to keep costs as low as possible. Even if ETH scales with upcoming network upgrades, running or executing smart contracts (dApps) will be unfeasible because of the ever-rising market prices per coin. Things could change if ETH adopts a monetary policy like ETC did some time ago. But the odds of this happening are very slim. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Tipstar

Activity: 1764
Merit: 280

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:00:22 PM

I don't think the supply or the lack of a fixed number is a disadvantage for Ethereum. With it turning into POS, the yearly increase would be below 10% which would be necessary for utility token like Ethereum as with the large numbers and amounts of transactions and wallets, there are several ways the coins could be lost. Ethereum's nature might be more suitable for long term than many other coins.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 05:43:06 PM

I don't think the supply or the lack of a fixed number is a disadvantage for Ethereum. With it turning into POS, the yearly increase would be below 10% which would be necessary for utility token like Ethereum as with the large numbers and amounts of transactions and wallets, there are several ways the coins could be lost. Ethereum's nature might be more suitable for long term than many other coins.

PoS should increase inflation, devaluing the cryptocurrency in question. With no monetary policy, ETH is no different that Fiat money. Current prices are extremely high if we take into account ETH's economic model. It's meant to be used as "gas" for the execution of decentralized applications. Most people are too greedy to care about this. We, the users of ETH, are paying the consequences of such high prices on the market as interacting with decentralized applications on a daily basis becomes economically unfeasible. The much-expected ETH 2.0 upgrade is taking longer than usual to take full effect on the Blockchain. Even with PoS in play, fees will stay relatively high because of the current market price. As ETH was never meant to be a store of value, prices should be a lot lower than what they are right now.

Still, anyone can determine how much ETH is worth on the market. After all, there's no central authority in charge of the coin's supply. Everything is based on demand these days. And if there's a lot of demand for ETH, prices will only go higher in the long term. What ETH devs need to do is implement new scalability techniques on the Blockchain in order to reduce fees to a minimum. ETH 2.0 helps, but more effort is needed in order to maintain fees at their lowest. I'm sure that in the future, ETH will become cheap to use on a daily basis regardless of its current price on the market. But good things don't happen overnight. Just my thoughts Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ReliabilityAlert222

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 06:08:19 PM

Yes, of course, Ethereum could be retained the second position in the altcoin market, but the market has many types of potential coins, that have a good plan and novel ideas. Maybe ETH gives you the maximum but now ETH is an expensive investment. So traders you can choose USDT, BUSD, PAX. Because those prices are low and if you know how to business in the crypto market you will make a profit in the future. Just wait for a good time to investing.

Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 11:27:17 AM

Ethereum's current price is not overpriced. On the contrary, it is still too underestimated. Ethereum used to be about a tenth of the price of bitcoin. Now the price of bitcoin is about $ 55,000. At this price, ethereum should have a price of about $ 5,500, but its price is $ 1,746.
During the implementation of Ethereum 2.0 improvements, this coin should be completely updated and, including, become deflationary. After that, its price should rise significantly even in comparison with the above calculation. We expect the price of ethereum at the level of one hundred thousand dollars.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 12:13:25 PM

Ethereum's current price is not overpriced. On the contrary, it is still too underestimated. Ethereum used to be about a tenth of the price of bitcoin. Now the price of bitcoin is about $ 55,000. At this price, ethereum should have a price of about $ 5,500, but its price is $ 1,746.
During the implementation of Ethereum 2.0 improvements, this coin should be completely updated and, including, become deflationary. After that, its price should rise significantly even in comparison with the above calculation. We expect the price of ethereum at the level of one hundred thousand dollars.
Dare to explain how? Where is the info for that fantasy? How many % is staking award?

Mr.Scott

Activity: 548
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 12:23:00 PM

Exactly, It make sense! I hardly believe that Ethereum deserve more value comparing the price of bitcoin. I'm following many prediction about ethereum price so I would like to buy more ethereum that Bitcoin. Honestly I would consider ethereum relatively low to grab.
CutePanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 04:06:41 PM

No, ETH is not overpriced, the price of ETH is normal in my perspective, because ETH never let us down, only in 1 year, ETH already increased about 798%, just only in 1 year. So, i think the price of ETH is not overpriced, the only problem with ETH is only the high gas fee, the gas fee of ETH is very expensive, i hope that this problem can be solve soon and expect and cheap gas fee in the future.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 04:34:21 PM

Exactly, It make sense! I hardly believe that Ethereum deserve more value comparing the price of bitcoin. I'm following many prediction about ethereum price so I would like to buy more ethereum that Bitcoin. Honestly I would consider ethereum relatively low to grab.
Do you want to buy more ethereum just because of the signals given from the community you follow?
believe me, that prediction can be a gamble for you.
ethereum growth to date has been good news for the community and holders.
wish it was better on ethereum 2.0 is not wrong. but consider the future market conditions until the update is actually completed.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 05:32:28 PM

The expectation that ethereum will hit $100k is pretty scary because you said that eth is only about 10 times smaller than bitcoin, if it hits the mark you said, bitcoin will hit a million dollars, I can hardly believe this imagination, Bitcoin has created enough problems in the market, one more ethereum can do the same thing, I think investors can hardly calm down in this market. However, you are still correct about the $5000 milestone because of the most recent information from the ethereum development team, they will scale the ethereum network during the ethereum 2.0 upgrade.

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
kramat

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 06:00:42 PM

Ethereum is also now increasing the price. Ethereum is queen of all coin. Ethereum also any time to increase the price. Bitcoin price will be increased. Ethereum also increase the price. Ethereum also good future investment. If want try to invest. Check the maket price. Then invest it. Ethereum reach the people. Ethereum is opportunity to future growth.

7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 06:01:37 PM

The expectation that ethereum will hit $100k is pretty scary because you said that eth is only about 10 times smaller than bitcoin, if it hits the mark you said, bitcoin will hit a million dollars, I can hardly believe this imagination, Bitcoin has created enough problems in the market, one more ethereum can do the same thing, I think investors can hardly calm down in this market.
You do not need to be scared as the price of ETH will never hit those valuations but the idea of bitcoin hitting a million dollars is a bit scary when i think what kind of transaction fees i need to shell out when it hits those valuation and i want to use bitcoin rather than as a store of value without any use case Cheesy.

However, you are still correct about the $5000 milestone because of the most recent information from the ethereum development team, they will scale the ethereum network during the ethereum 2.0 upgrade.
We are hearing about this scaling drama for over a year and last year they proposed that they are upgrading and still i have not seen any changes in the fees and when do you think that it takes place so that we could start sending ETH at a much lower transaction fees.
JooBra

Activity: 1204
Merit: 162

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 08:20:26 PM

The expectation that ethereum will hit $100k is pretty scary because you said that eth is only about 10 times smaller than bitcoin, if it hits the mark you said, bitcoin will hit a million dollars, I can hardly believe this imagination, Bitcoin has created enough problems in the market, one more ethereum can do the same thing, I think investors can hardly calm down in this market.
You do not need to be scared as the price of ETH will never hit those valuations but the idea of bitcoin hitting a million dollars is a bit scary when i think what kind of transaction fees i need to shell out when it hits those valuation and i want to use bitcoin rather than as a store of value without any use case Cheesy.

However, you are still correct about the $5000 milestone because of the most recent information from the ethereum development team, they will scale the ethereum network during the ethereum 2.0 upgrade.
We are hearing about this scaling drama for over a year and last year they proposed that they are upgrading and still i have not seen any changes in the fees and when do you think that it takes place so that we could start sending ETH at a much lower transaction fees.
Even with BTC price of 1mil there wont be a problem with transaction fees. There are already some projects that are working to fix that. Something like wrapped BTC where you pay transaction in other coins.
Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 08:32:14 PM

Dare to explain how? Where is the info for that fantasy? How many % is staking award?
People doesnt really stop on connecting out the dots even though it do looks unrelevant at all. ETH do basing up always on 1/10 price of bitcoin? There's no such
thing to be like that because even it does have that kind of behavior but still one of the factors that cant be controlled is the demand itself.You cant force out
the community or investors on which one they should be dealing off. Overpriced or undervalued, those things would only be determined or can be known
in due time but not on this current situation we are on where ETh fees are on the rooftop.
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 07:39:00 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2021, 07:57:04 AM by Tash

Ethereum is like IBM computers they of the opinion there is only limited use for rich or stupid.
No crypto is for everyone, some people earn less than a dollar a day.
Its absurd to think someone works halve a year just to pay some transaction fees.
Looking around the crypto space more and more coins have tokens and agreements.
Anyone can create one and sell on open market without exchanges.  

Fees must be almost eliminated, not just halved or reduced to "just" a full days wage (for some of the unfortunate).
For years now there is promises and promise it will be fixed, reality nothing has happened except statements and promises….
Just to create a second chain (Eth2) took over 4 years, even bitcoin did not take that long to create.
Peercoin first proof of stake coin was up and running in a matter of weeks-months.

Overpriced,  yes if fees do not disappears in a matter of weeks, yes it will implode utterly.
Crypto is fast moving, you can bullshit for some time but not forever.

TastyChillySauce00
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 07:41:41 AM

Even with BTC price of 1mil there wont be a problem with transaction fees. There are already some projects that are working to fix that. Something like wrapped BTC where you pay transaction in other coins.
Wrapped coin should only be temporary solution to avoid the fee problem though.
We'll eventually find a way to solve the fee problem on various blockchain and tbh the biggest tackle is the fact that blockchain is decentralized and there's just many people's interests that confronts to each other however we gonna overcome that eventually, its just about time.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄