Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:52:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's talk severe depression  (Read 860 times)
syedakhlaque

Activity: 396
Merit: 30

View Profile
September 01, 2021, 05:27:43 PM

Severe depression happens when someone loses all flashes of hope. In the third world countries especially, There are a lot of economic, social,& family matters. These issues create desperating groups. This is a sign of injustice in society. These desperating groups try to destroy the system of a society for their exhaustion or fall into depression. Severe depression is not an issue only in third-world countries but in the same way it is in the developed countries also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ebede

Activity: 868
Merit: 38

Join hands and help me to grow everybody...

View Profile
September 06, 2021, 08:27:14 PM

I've read a lot on that topic and I believe that regular exercise, sleep schedule, some hobbies activities (if possible) are far better cure than taking some pills that numb your consciousness and lead to more problems later on.

Addition to what you said, showing a bit of love to the depressed person, kissing, good sex, good music as well trying to do things that makes you happy.
Rather than taking pills....this may eventually leed to side effects on the brain.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2021, 06:18:42 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2021, 06:37:44 AM by _Miracle

Joe Rogan on Suicide and Anthony Bourdain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxGah4Kz1g

We See It Too Late - Robin Williams On The Fragile Meaning Of Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrVk2InT3Y
RokokGudangGaram

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 23, 2021, 04:43:09 PM

Joe Rogan on Suicide and Anthony Bourdain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkxGah4Kz1g

We See It Too Late - Robin Williams On The Fragile Meaning Of Life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnrVk2InT3Y

Thank you for sharing these videos. These are very informative and can help us all understand what is depression, how to perceive it, and how can we help and understand those people who are currently suffering with depression. I hope that whoever is under this pain would sought to have the will to get through the pain and fight the battles they may encounter.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2022, 08:15:55 PM

Since most of you are men on the site I'll try to post "Manly mens" perspectives as often as possible.
I wish us all wellness and comfort for the next year.

I recently read Dopamine Nation which was an interesting and quick read.

Huberman is a deep thinker one of my favorite podcasts so far was him and Robert Sapolsky (Why Zebras don't get ulcers and Behave)

In this one he talks openly about symptoms of depression and some of the chemistry involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu1FMCxoEFc&ab_channel=AndrewHuberman
syedakhlaque

Activity: 396
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 25, 2022, 05:47:15 PM

There are some causes of severe depression.

(i)When someone pins unnecessary hopes on somebody and he does not meet his expectations as a result there creates a disappointing situation. So try to avoid such conditions. Do not have so much expectation to a human.

(ii)If you are fell in someone's love and failed to get her then also the situation is very delicate and awkward.

(iii)It is fact that God does not give pain and grief to someone more than his capacity. So you should show your
     patience and tolerance and the matter should not go to suicide.
(iv) Human is, at last, a human, a weak creature in some matters, he can not come to meet someone
       Expectations at all times completely. So don't have very high expectations of someone except God.
(v)Stop worrying and start living, Sharing happiness, and learning to keep others happy.
(vi) Always meet others with smiling faces.

Ems.

Activity: 119
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2022, 05:52:37 PM

Severe depression,that sickness nwed to fight and be strong,best way is to pray and FOUNDATION ALWAYS is God.If someonw you know that suffering depression,help them and talk to them to express there feelings and listen there problems so you can advice them and help to find solutions there problems.
Jazzi Mahesh

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 06:19:56 PM

The fact that major depression can be life-threatening due to an increased risk of suicide underscores the urgent need for improved, faster-acting antidepressant therapy. Recent studies have shown that ketamine, a drug formerly known as an anesthetic, can relieve depression in many patients within hours.
Zlantann
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 20, 2022, 06:47:10 PM

I've read a lot on that topic and I believe that regular exercise, sleep schedule, some hobbies activities (if possible) are far better cure than taking some pills that numb your consciousness and lead to more problems later on.
When some people are depressed they cannot engage on the any of the activities you mentioned. They just feel like leaving this world. I think the best thing to do is to speak to someone about the issue or if possible seek medical attention. Depression leads to hopelessness and when someone is hopeless suicide is the next stage. 
og kush420

Activity: 1050
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 01, 2022, 11:54:02 AM

When some people are depressed they cannot engage on the any of the activities you mentioned. They just feel like leaving this world. I think the best thing to do is to speak to someone about the issue or if possible seek medical attention. Depression leads to hopelessness and when someone is hopeless suicide is the next stage. 
that is true - depression is a silent killer.
It kills without letting other be aware that they are being victim. In our county depression is not been taken as a disease. That is one of the reason people try to recover themselves. suicide  rate is very low in our country though!
Gosgosking

Activity: 672
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 23, 2022, 10:52:24 PM

One of the ways to overcome depression is to always be around people communicating. Staying idle can also bring more depression. Depression has become something that takes life so quick.
Majestic-milf

Activity: 798
Merit: 589

View Profile
May 29, 2022, 05:40:56 PM

Before we get in to this I feel it's important that everyone understands the subject a little bit.

I'll find a case that will make it clear for everyone what living with depression is like, especially as compared to not having to live with it.

Ok. I remember watching a documentary that had the perfect case. But I can't find it.
My recollection of it follows. (I watched it 8+ years ago)
We see twin girls, one started showing signs of depression at a young age. While the other twin lead a normal happy existence the other couldn't even get out of bed.

Depression is not simply being sad for a while, not even being sad for a long after someone dies. Depression can steal away years of productivity and growth. It can lead to suicidal thoughts thousands of times a day for months on end. I'm not an expert medical professional so I can't define it much more concisely than that.

I trust that many of us on this forum have struggled with depression at one time or another. Some chronically. It also doesn't seem like there is an easy fix for it.

I've heard it called the black dog. I'm really fond of that expression. Right now, looks like I'm getting another extended visit from him.

The biggest problem I face is that I let things pile on. Everything. I'll let the dishes pile on. My room will just become dirtier and dirtier. Car maintenance to the absolute minimum. I'll even leave some funds on exchanges. So even if I can snap out of it for a little bit it's not easy for me to be happy because I can't put things to normal in that short time.

Sometimes I hope a natural disaster will come and wipe the slate clean, so that when I'm ready to be happy again, I won't have to deal with the mess I've made in my life.

Edit:

One thing I keep up is work. I will use a lot of energy to work hard and keep at it. I give it my all. Being depressed makes social situations more difficult. I can't find the words or keep up a conversation or connect to people while in this state. Not easily.

Depression can make one feel so alone and suicide will seem the best and easy way out. Some peeps who are passing through depression just need to be monitored and shown love and care.
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 18, 2022, 10:22:39 PM

Depression can make one feel so alone and suicide will seem the best and easy way out. Some peeps who are passing through depression just need to be monitored and shown love and care.
Depression is a serious issue - most of the time we are depress for three reasons - love, money and family
And at times our health issues brings in depression when it is incurable and untreatebale
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: