Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔌Tripping Breaker✨  (Read 108 times)
Swag242 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 11:19:59 PM

Has anyone hooked out enough mining rigs to trip their home electrical breaker yet?

I would be curious to hear your story.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:23:45 AM

Pretty sure everybody has at one point. I even have a power meter and I try and stay under ~1400 Watts or so per breaker however there are times when I accidently plugged too many rigs in the same breaker and ended up tripping it. Its no big deal. Just switch it back on. That is why its there for.

Funny story,

One guy years ago wanted to use as many outlets in his home to run his rigs. He was running out of places to plug in his rigs. So he started to plug it into outlets which were dedicated to microwaves, dishwashers and refrigerators.

He measured the power usage of the fridge and it was only like 50-100 watts or so when it was running. So he decided to plug in like 1400 watts of rigs to that outlet. It ran fine for a day. Until one day his wife calls him all pissed off because the fridge breaker tripped and all the food was garbage. He was puzzled why it happened. However little did he know that once or twice a day a fridge has a defrost cycle for the ice in the freezer, and this uses like 500-1000 watts or so. And it only runs for like 10 mins every 24 hour period.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:28:15 AM

Has anyone hooked out enough mining rigs to trip their home electrical breaker yet?

I would be curious to hear your story.
I don't know which country you from or how your home wiring was set up but make sure you connect mining rigs to different outlets in your home, don't run all miners from a single outlet it's bad

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:48:50 PM

For mining rigs, it is better to divide a separate switch or switches and make separate wiring from the electrical switchboard.
It's funny when the food in the refrigerator goes bad, and in old wooden houses, overloading electrical wires can end in a fire.
 It's not funny anymore.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Swag242 (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 10:50:28 PM

Pretty sure everybody has at one point. I even have a power meter and I try and stay under ~1400 Watts or so per breaker however there are times when I accidently plugged too many rigs in the same breaker and ended up tripping it. Its no big deal. Just switch it back on. That is why its there for.

Funny story,

One guy years ago wanted to use as many outlets in his home to run his rigs. He was running out of places to plug in his rigs. So he started to plug it into outlets which were dedicated to microwaves, dishwashers and refrigerators.

He measured the power usage of the fridge and it was only like 50-100 watts or so when it was running. So he decided to plug in like 1400 watts of rigs to that outlet. It ran fine for a day. Until one day his wife calls him all pissed off because the fridge breaker tripped and all the food was garbage. He was puzzled why it happened. However little did he know that once or twice a day a fridge has a defrost cycle for the ice in the freezer, and this uses like 500-1000 watts or so. And it only runs for like 10 mins every 24 hour period.

Lmao that would suck
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 03:58:35 AM

Depending how old your place is, if its 50 years old or so you should just replace the breakers with new breakers to make sure they trip. If you don't want to do this then at least try and trip them on purpose and make sure they trip.

If your breaker is very old or if you got those old style fuse breakers you really need to test them prior. Some breakers if they are old enough or counterfeit they won't trip under overcurrent and this might lead to a fire.  You won't hurt anything by overloading it on purpose and seeing if it trips.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██