Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mainstreaming of Bitcoin and Crypto Continues  (Read 202 times)
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:56:44 PM

Believe me when I say that those institutions that bought bitcoin since bull market started are definitely in for the long haul.  It would be wrong to think that they would just buy  millions and billions worth of Bitcoins only to sell the for much lower prices? Definitely not Michael Sayler's firm Micro strategy. I want to also see more adoption of bitcoin in a different way. institutional monies are good but it would be good if Bitcoin becomes a household name rather than always being tagged a speculative asset.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 03:15:03 AM

~snip~
I can't agree with you more. if you have enough spare money, buy bitcoin as soon as possible when the price goes down. it's impossible for bitcoin to disappear or make a loss for the long run. decentralized finance will renew the economy of the world and people will no longer need banks. and I'm there're some people embarking on the development of decentralized exchanges Cool

No problem if you don't agree. Buying bitcoin as soon as possible when the price goes down is not always guarantee because sometimes, you need to wait for a while and analyze more to find if that is a good time to buy bitcoin or wait for more. We don't know what happens to bitcoin in the future so that everything can happen to bitcoin.

I agree that decentralized finance will renew the economy, but many developing countries need to prepare everything before integrating it with that thing.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 05:08:43 AM

it is a sign that they are investing but its hard to tell if they plan to invest for a long term or for short term unless if they tweet or post it in thier official pages but i think that will be rare because that infos are often kept in private/secret  . what will happen is that people will depend on those words and the market will look like it was being controlled by those big investors   . you guys want that to happen ? for sure you wouldnt  . they can hodl for long term but they will do sell if they feel that they wanted to and we should always prepare for the dumps that can occur .
Wenbing

Activity: 490
Merit: 31

There is gold in volatility..

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 05:56:11 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2021, 01:22:35 PM by mprep

Big firms and companies investing in Bitcoin. Tesla, Micro Strategy and Twitter are just to name a few, pushing for global adoption.
Is this a sign for a long term investment or just pump and dump for them?

Source

To me, i think these big companies have smart team and know what a good investment is. As such, i thnk they cant gamble with their company's revenue. Imagine using $1.5bn for the purpose of dumping and pumping?

They are companies that have seen the future of currency and fnance and are positioned to maximize the frst move advantage.

Big firms and companies investing in Bitcoin. Tesla, Micro Strategy and Twitter are just to name a few, pushing for global adoption.

It is difficult to consider the influx of companies to btc as a "pump and dump scheme". Every visionary knows that the world is constantly evolving and changing, and since the start of the digital world (internet) that sooner or later, a new digital currency was bound to surface.

The btc train is a moving train, and most companies and individuals with enough resources are looking to join in and catch the gains, before the price value becomes stable. So i will say to the best of my understanding that to them, "Btc is considered a long term investment".

It is just like every other revolution that shifts the basis of competition of firms. That being said, what makes the camera to be disrupted by smartphone is innovation. So, as new innovation surface, companies that don't embrace them would become old fashioned companies in the future.

This is very important for companies to remain relevant. so, it is a long strategic investment.

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2021, 07:25:57 AM

Source

To me, i think these big companies have smart team and know what a good investment is. As such, i thnk they cant gamble with their company's revenue. Imagine using $1.5bn for the purpose of dumping and pumping?

They are companies that have seen the future of currency and fnance and are positioned to maximize the frst move advantage.

$1.5B is nothing to them. you can see what Elon had done in the past and his plans as well in mars, that's nothing compared to what he is doing to doge. the newcomers have more money on their hands that they could buy up the entire BTC supply if they want too. but there is no point doing it because its not just BTC that is decentralized. the correction we see today is also dumping we see from time to time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:59:36 PM

~
We don't know but we shouldn't care at them that much as well just like how celebrities drive these investors to invest to some coin.
Anytime these big firms you're mentioning would liquidate crypto anyway so why care about these.
It's like asking if Bitcoin is for short-term or long-term investment because you mentioned "pump and dump".
We all know the answer since 2009.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: