Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:54:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: May 7th, 2140  (Read 284 times)
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 11:05:13 PM

I imagine 1 BTC might value then 50-100 Millions a coin, looking at the USD inflation rate.

You might say that's too far away, but 1M a coin is something you can see in your lifetime.
Just for argument sake i will agree with you that the price of bitcoin will reach $100 millions per coin because of the USD inflation, what i would like to know is that what will be the transaction charges you will be planning to input when the price rises those valuation, common sense says that it wont be cheap either and who in the right mind will be making the transactions  Grin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 11:31:39 PM

As far as the last bitcoin mined, I don't think we need to wait though, perhaps our best gauge could be much early, I would say 2038, we would say that "almost bitcoin are mine".

Currently, we're almost at 19 million mine, and in 2038 closer to 20 million, and then the last million bitcoin will be mine after that.

In also coincides with this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 11:40:56 PM

Last BTC will be mined on May 7th, 2140

What else reason do you need to know that BTC is the future?

there is nothing to worry about even though BTC will end up being mined in May 7, 2140, in my opinion the most important thing is the price of BTC which is still valuable.  don't think about anything too far, in 2140 everyone alive at this point died in that year.

vladutz1186

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 11:45:49 PM

in 2140 everyone alive at this point died in that year.
[/quote]

RIP !  Grin Grin Grin
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2021, 11:52:15 PM

Here's my thinking: the rate at which bitcoin is growing is somewhat exponential, however even if say one bitcoin is worth one million each, it is very possible that the normal cost of living and everything else in the economy is also same.

Realistically speaking, a lot of shit is to happen in the next 119 years. So for all we know the worth of bitcoin might not matter at all. Mind you people are noticing and carefully studying bitcoin and it's impact, there are going to be cunts who would do anything to stop it/ban it/ try to ensure the whole concept of bitcoin dies within itself. Less likely but very possible.

It would be interesting to see how the next generation, or the generation after is going to handle bitcoin and everything that falls with it.

AltcoinCash

Activity: 502
Merit: 15

Building Altcoinchain

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2021, 09:30:14 AM

If crypto space carries out as up to now we'll have more than 250,000 altcoins  Grin

🔥 Altcoinchain:    https://altcoinchain.org  ◆  https://discord.gg/hcXHyQP4Je  ◆
🔥 Mining Game:   https://mining.game  ◆  https://discord.com/invite/Y2KME35ncn  ◆
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 09:53:38 AM

On one hand it is good to hold Bitcoin and on the other hand, if you are faced with issues that you don't know what to do, or out of cash, selling some of your Bitcoin can also be a good idea and of course, shouldn't come with regrets, therefore I think everyone have the right to sell whenever they want or to hold as much as they can. Nevertheless, 2140 might look far but I believe before then, more usage of Bitcoin in various ways will be witnessed, that is to say, more adoption would have been realised. Also, the price Bitcoin will attain is still unknown, anything anyone says is mare speculation, however, holding towards the future is always a good way to get prepared.

DapanasFruit

Activity: 1218
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 09:58:56 AM

One thing that I am sure with Bitcoin is that in the future it is either it is so much valuable of a digital asset or it has nothing at all. Let's hope that Bitcoin will continue to be the prime choice for a cryptocurrency and not trampled by something much better. In case, the world will continue to like Bitcoin and investors are shouting their trust and confidence into it then there is no question that one day it can even go beyond the million-dollar mark. Now, in the scenario where the USA economy is decimated and already overtaken by another country (or a group of nations)  where regulations are making it a restricted asset then maybe it might not blossom as we wish it should be. anyway, the point is that nobody can really predict the future of Bitcoin and make it happen.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 4290

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 10:05:39 AM

After mining all bitcoins, it can become the most defensive asset, far exceeding gold. But a hundred years is a very long period to talk about what could be. Technology does not stand still. They are developing and there may be another coin like bitcoin. Today, all that remains is to trust the science fiction writers, since even our conjectures we cannot check for correctness.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Alucard1

Activity: 574
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 10:17:05 AM

Is it true? I thought that the last bitcoin would be mined for the year 2024-2025? am I crazy with it? that is what I have seen from other members who commented on a topic asking about the last BTC, anyway, holding 1BTC or any amount  is a really good idea, bitcoin could still go up in the future, investing for a long term would give you huge profit in the future, it is possible that bitcoin could reach $100k this year.

TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 03:05:59 PM

2140 a long time ago is only 2021, my initial thought was not bitcoin, but whether I was still alive or died with age, maybe if bitcoin lasted until 2140 the price of bitcoin would be more than now, it could be 100k $ maybe more , and money doesn't mean everything switch to bitcoin,

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
ObscurePen

Activity: 385
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 15, 2021, 08:44:18 PM

Man 50-100 million a coin. You know I would have never believed this a few years ago, but now I think it could be true. (maybe not 100million Cheesy) But it will take a while  Grin

The thing is when btc is this price, its utility as a currency deteriorates doesn't it? Like even satoshis would be worth a lot. Basic small purchases would have to be made via altcoins while btc market cap continues to dominate the market. This is why I think btc is more an asset, like gold, than a currency.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: