Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:36:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: which project will be first to enter range 2 (above $10 billion market capitalization  (Voting closed: February 12, 2021, 07:43:34 AM)
ADA - 3 (18.8%)
DOT - 1 (6.3%)
XLM - 1 (6.3%)
BNB - 10 (62.5%)
one from range 4 or 5 - 1 (6.3%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH vs competitors - 2021 performance graph  (Read 302 times)
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 07:43:34 AM

here is a good graph that lists top platforms for smart contracts, their current market capitalization and performance in 2021 (not that long-term, but good to know)

Ethereum market capitalization is bigger than all the other combined, although that is not easy to see from the image

In 2021 alone, best performer is AVAX and worst performer is ZIL, with ETH performance in the upper middle from competition

we can see fourth ranges here, at the moment:
range 1 - above $100 billion - ETH
range 2 - between $10-100 billion - no projects
range 3 - between $5-10 billion - ADA, DOT, XLM, BNB
range 4 - between $1-5 billion - EOS, TRX, XTZ, NEO, VET, ATOM
range 5 - between $500 million - $1 billion - ZIL, AVAX, WAVES, EGLD

SOL is not on the list, because it is below $500 million market capitalization, and many other platforms

what do you think, which platform from these will change their range soon, or enter $500 million market capitalization range?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 09:33:50 AM

Only thing worth to mention though is that the competition or at least the comparison is based on market cap which I think is a useless data to being with. I remember remember there was a lot of debate regarding the total supply of Ethereum itself, so we can't really base everything on that.

With that said, I think this should be the least data that should be used for performance graph. As market cap can really be irrelevant as the numbers can be artificially inflated.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 10:13:01 AM

~snip
With that said, I think this should be the least data that should be used for performance graph. As market cap can really be irrelevant as the numbers can be artificially inflated.

could you explain that better, how one can artificially inflate market capitalization, that would kill the token price?

market capitalization is the product of token price and number of tokens in circulation, how you can inflate that without price influence, that is the main metrics for all coin lists and project rankings, and projects that have undefined schedule for token/coin release in circulation are certainly not worth of attention, since these can be manipulated easily, these have defined schedules in their whitepaper
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 13, 2021, 10:33:12 AM

IMHO, I believe that if Ethereum will not solve its monstrous fee problem it will create a negative effect on their side because many users are already disappointed with the current situation, It's on the top spot for now but it's not impossible to surpass by any of the following competitors because every time you do a transaction especially in sending tokens is already cost too much with a cost average of $10 dollars while on the Binance Smart Chain its just costs $0.06 cents Ethereum was slowly eaten by the greed. for me, Binance and Polkadot will have the potentials to dethrone Ethereum.  
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 01:05:05 PM

Marketcap is a tool to mislead people on the value of one project. It is more than true if you talk about marketcap of altcoin projects. They are copy cats, and have huge supplies (Mint or mine from the air). 40% or 50% rise can raise their marketcap a lot. And in the bull market, it is normal if you see 100% or 200% rises from altcoins.

The probability for people to get profit does not depend on project's marketcap.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2021, 01:56:22 PM

Marketcap is a tool to mislead people on the value of one project. It is more than true if you talk about marketcap of altcoin projects. They are copy cats, and have huge supplies (Mint or mine from the air). 40% or 50% rise can raise their marketcap a lot. And in the bull market, it is normal if you see 100% or 200% rises from altcoins.

The probability for people to get profit does not depend on project's marketcap.

interesting view, but I do think that it is just opposite, one should look for market capitalization first, and then buy the coin, if the price does not make market capitalization too large, it is a simple economics

what you are saying is that token price rise would increase market capitalization, which is true, but in the end, market capitalization is the project worth, and if one thinks that capitalization is too high, that is the same as thinking that coin/token is overpriced or overvalued, and should be avoided for buy, I do not understand why do you think that it is misleading - in the end, total market capitalization is probably the most important factor when valuate project
Eddyc

Activity: 1009
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 01:05:28 AM

Through a daily and efficient application we can be sure that all the projects that we find on the graph are capable of exceeding the 10 billion market. I believe that each one can suppress an aspect that lacks efficiency and in general the sector that has been increasing the most in the last few years is the payments sector and all correspond to this segment.
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2021, 01:19:27 AM

interesting view, but I do think that it is just opposite, one should look for market capitalization first, and then buy the coin, if the price does not make market capitalization too large, it is a simple economics

what you are saying is that token price rise would increase market capitalization, which is true, but in the end, market capitalization is the project worth, and if one thinks that capitalization is too high, that is the same as thinking that coin/token is overpriced or overvalued, and should be avoided for buy, I do not understand why do you think that it is misleading - in the end, total market capitalization is probably the most important factor when valuate project
When I am investigating one project before I decide my investment decisions, I do consider 3 things:
- Price of coin or token.
- Marketcap
- Developer activities

The first two things, I simply take a glance at them. With Marketcap, I look further to 3 componental things: Total supply, Circulating supply, and % of supply is minted, premined for developers or core teams and how many percent of it has been distributed to communities (through bounties, airdrops, promotions, etc.).

If I feel okay with supply things, I will look next at developer activities. If they are inactive for so long, I skip that project.
Altcoin season, scam altcoin projects will appear. Check their Githubs first

If I still feel okay with developer activities, no negative feeling, I will dig to find the price of coin or token at ICO, IEO event and maybe consider more things. Then, I will spend one or two days to keep calm, reconsider everything for my final decision.

Price of a coin or token is not overprice or underprice because of marketcap. It is not saying about pump and dump games.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
btc_angela

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

View Profile
January 14, 2021, 07:00:33 AM

~snip

could you explain that better, how one can artificially inflate market capitalization, that would kill the token price?

The project itself can buy their own tokens, 80%-90% of them owning? Damn the price will be too high and we think that the project itself is that attractive to investors.

market capitalization is the product of token price and number of tokens in circulation, how you can inflate that without price influence, that is the main metrics for all coin lists and project rankings, and projects that have undefined schedule for token/coin release in circulation are certainly not worth of attention, since these can be manipulated easily, these have defined schedules in their whitepaper

As explain above, and you will see some alt coins that are new suddenly breaking into the top 25 as far as coinmarketcap. So the question is the price valuation can be a good gauge for the projects real usage in the crypto space if the projects can do that fraudulent practice? hype?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2021, 07:20:13 AM

~snip
As explain above, and you will see some alt coins that are new suddenly breaking into the top 25 as far as coinmarketcap. So the question is the price valuation can be a good gauge for the projects real usage in the crypto space if the projects can do that fraudulent practice? hype?

agree on this one, we are probably thinking the same, but speaking differently
I do agree that large market capitalization does not mean that the project is great, rather think that when market capitalization is very large, there is no much space for future growth, but that is why this factor is important

I do not buy tokens that suddenly pop-in into top 20, just due to price swing up, and large number of tokens, there should be proper development behind all that

will all that said, listed projects on the graph are solid projects, that are old enough to consider them "not scams", maybe they will failure in the long-run, but would not call them scam

~snip

Price of a coin or token is not overprice or underprice because of marketcap. It is not saying about pump and dump games.

good thinking, I have similar procedure, but would not agree about the last one, some coins could be overpriced/underpriced, if the market capitalization of the project is not in-line with project developments (when the token is a utility for the project)
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2021, 07:59:44 AM

I think Ethereum is a very promising project. But now many are abandoning it due to the high cost of transactions. And this cost has been holding for several months. Ethereum still remains unprofitable in all plans, but perhaps version 2.0 will make operations with Ethereum much better.

yeah, ETH is a very promising one
regarding the poll, Polkadot reached 10 billion first, from the range 3, and Cardano also reached range 2 afterwards

but focus is now again on ETH, because the price is raising at the moment, and overcome $1350, where is it going from here is a question, could we beat ATH with this leg up, or it will take another one, there is just a few percents difference at the moment

it is not a financial advise, of course, no one could know where the price will go in the future
NextDoor125

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 06:36:47 PM

Ethereum has a super graph at this present moment. I was said in a comment If the altcoin market price will increase it's value, then the Bitcoin will be falling down. But it don't happen! The both sides had been growing up and the price and the both coins are going to create a historical record at all. So, I would love to say the perfect moment for investing in ETH in now. I hope the ETH graph will be better than present in the near future as like BTC.

Zeehaxan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

WhalesHeaven - Custody Free Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 07:35:01 PM

here is a good graph that lists top platforms for smart contracts, their current market capitalization and performance in 2021 (not that long-term, but good to know)

Ethereum market capitalization is bigger than all the other combined, although that is not easy to see from the image

In 2021 alone, best performer is AVAX and worst performer is ZIL, with ETH performance in the upper middle from competition

we can see fourth ranges here, at the moment:
range 2 - between $10-100 billion - no projects
range 4 - between $1-5 billion - EOS, TRX, XTZ, NEO, VET, ATOM
range 5 - between $500 million - $1 billion - ZIL, AVAX, WAVES, EGLD

SOL is not on the list, because it is below $500 million market capitalization, and many other platforms

what do you think, which platform from these will change their range soon, or enter $500 million market capitalization range?
In my opinion, in few months time we will most probably see ada, trx, bnb and dot entering 10 billion and above league but that would not be the end their peak price and peak market caps will be much higher this cycle.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2021, 08:35:06 AM

~snip
In my opinion, in few months time we will most probably see ada, trx, bnb and dot entering 10 billion and above league but that would not be the end their peak price and peak market caps will be much higher this cycle.

interesting opinion, especially since DOT and ADA already entered $10 billion valuation, so thinking about that in the future is just being in-informed about current pricing for projects, which could be dangerous if you plan to invest in some of these

nevertheless, ETH is approaching new milestone, and that is $200 billion valuation

EGLD and AVAX both passed from range 5 to range 4 by overcoming $1 billion valuation, congrats to holders

seems that TRX and EOS are staggering at the moment, their time seems to pass, and their use cases are a bit questionable at the moment, without improvements
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 12:11:27 PM

AVAX and DOT will probably have a big upgrade in the near future. Both projects are said to have advantages that ethereum doesn't have. a few days ago I read an article that discussed the advantages of these two projects and their comparison with ethereum. The conclusion of the article is that AVAX and DOT are considered capable of handling transactions faster and cheaper than Ethereum. and there have been several projects launched on these two networks. and maybe in the future there will be many startup projects that follow. it is a great opportunity and of course there will be an increase in demand.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
casperBGD (OP)
Legendary

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 01:29:14 PM

we had a great month behind us, and there is a lot of changes in initial project disposition within ranges, with several projects changing position in upper range

I have put changes below, with following legend:
- green - up one range
- blue - new entrants
- purple - up two ranges
- red - down one range

range 0 - above $200 billion - ETH
range 2 - between $10-100 billion - no projects, ADA, DOT, BNB
range 4 - between $1-5 billion - EOS, TRX, XTZ, NEO, VET, ATOM, ZIL, AVAX, EGLD, SOL
range 5 - between $500 million - $1 billion - ZIL, AVAX, WAVES, EGLD, HBAR, ALGO, ONT, QTUM, ICX
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:08:52 PM

Aligning based on the total market cap vakue is useless unless you are comparing an asset which have similar cap limit in their availability. ETH manages to reach 55th rank of all assets in the world while Bitcoin still remain in the top 10 but it is not going to make any difference in the crypto community.
Francis Freeman

Activity: 1005
Merit: 502

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:09:25 PM

IMHO, I believe that if Ethereum will not solve its monstrous fee problem it will create a negative effect on their side because many users are already disappointed with the current situation, It's on the top spot for now but it's not impossible to surpass by any of the following competitors because every time you do a transaction especially in sending tokens is already cost too much with a cost average of $10 dollars while on the Binance Smart Chain its just costs $0.06 cents Ethereum was slowly eaten by the greed. for me, Binance and Polkadot will have the potentials to dethrone Ethereum.  

perfectly said. If Ethereum doesn't solve the gas fee fast it will lose all the front runner advantage it has. There are many competitors coming up and they need to fix this really fast. I have seen projects moving to DOT because of the gas fees.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:10:38 PM

On this occasion I chose BNB tokens for ETH competitors this year, although in terms of performance ADA has improved more than BNB tokens,
I still believe in BNB tokens for ETH competitors.
JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:29:09 PM

So ADA is even better in performance  Shocked than DOT? And they say the performance of DOT will beat ETH soon? People need to stop dreaming nonsense, it's true that many new projects prefer to run on Polkadot right now but many are still using Ethereum blockchain, DOT still have a long way to go before catching up with Ethereum

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: