Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:26:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian Open 2021 Discussion thread  (Read 641 times)
vennali (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 01:33:46 AM

aaand Osaka becomes the first winner of the Aussie Open and Pavlyuchenkova the first victim. Clinical ball striking for Osaka and a quick finish against a tricky opponent. Giorgi beats Shvedova, who's on a comeback path after becoming a mother and staying away from tennis for years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 12:08:43 PM

The first big surprise happened at the tournament, Bernarda Pera, American born in Croatia, beat one of the tournament's biggest favorites Kerber 6:0, 6:4.
Due to the Covid and prolonged isolation, it is obvious that many players are not fully prepared and that we can expect many surprises in this tournament.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
vennali (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 06:37:48 AM

The first big surprise happened at the tournament, Bernarda Pera, American born in Croatia, beat one of the tournament's biggest favorites Kerber 6:0, 6:4.
Due to the Covid and prolonged isolation, it is obvious that many players are not fully prepared and that we can expect many surprises in this tournament.
Yeah, thats been an issue for a few players. Some were isolated and not even allowed out of their hotel rooms because of COVID protocol but I think they were given a week or two to prepare for the Open. Another causality as the 12th seed Bautista Agut loses to Radu Albot in 4 sets. Odds on Albot to win were 11x.

bct_ail
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2221

https://t1p.de/6ghrf

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 11:53:05 AM

Yeah, thats been an issue for a few players. Some were isolated and not even allowed out of their hotel rooms because of COVID protocol but I think they were given a week or two to prepare for the Open. 

Quarantine for 2 weeks is not easy for anyone. It is also difficult for athletes, to stay in a hotel room for two weeks. Too bad for her.
vennali (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 03:09:46 PM

Yeah, thats been an issue for a few players. Some were isolated and not even allowed out of their hotel rooms because of COVID protocol but I think they were given a week or two to prepare for the Open. 

Quarantine for 2 weeks is not easy for anyone. It is also difficult for athletes, to stay in a hotel room for two weeks. Too bad for her.
Yeah, it can be a little off putting but these players did train before quarantine and got to train in Australian conditions for a few weeks before their main draw match. The quarantine does effect the players fitness but I dont think it was a fitness issue. Pera was just better than Kerber. 6:0 tells you a story.

Fun Fact: Feliciano Lopez has the most consecutive grand slam appearances with 75 slams. He hasnt missed a slam since 2002 Roland Garros. Very impressive.   

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:24:43 PM

Thats an impressive statistic!
So he's the duracell bunny of the tennis tour, I think his last win was with Andy Murray at
Queens 2019 Doubles.

I agree quarantine for 2 weeks is not ideal but it was for everyone, granted it effects
some more than others. There will also be against the odds upsets too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bct_ail
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 10:46:12 PM

The quarantine does effect the players fitness but I dont think it was a fitness issue. Pera was just better than Kerber. 6:0 tells you a story.

I think so too. It was a head thing.
TravelMug

Merit: 833

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 12:53:43 AM

The quarantine does effect the players fitness but I dont think it was a fitness issue. Pera was just better than Kerber. 6:0 tells you a story.

Yeah, I agree, it's more of a mental thing for them specially the ladies.

So Pera vs Diyas, who do you think will win here?

We also have Serena match in about one hour.

Hsieh vs Andreescu currently and it's beginning to be one interesting and close match, Hsieh leading the first set 5-3.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
vennali (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:29:19 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2021, 04:24:26 AM by vennali

Stan Wawrinka is really struggling against Fucsovics. Going down 2-0 early with not much fight. Hopefully He manages to make some sort of comeback.

Yeah, I agree, it's more of a mental thing for them specially the ladies.

So Pera vs Diyas, who do you think will win here?

Hsieh vs Andreescu currently and it's beginning to be one interesting and close match, Hsieh leading the first set 5-3.
I think Pera got this. These australian courts arent the fastest but they do favor an attacking style of play. Diyas is all about returning the ball back to the court and some attack once in a while. While, Pera can rally but likes to push the limits and search for the winner.

Edit: Im surprised how attacking Diyaz is playing. I suppose she understands how the courts are playing and its a better option. Diyaz won 1st set 6-4.

Edit 2: Another casualty as Kvitova loses to Cirstea in 3 sets. Kvitova generally has a hard time in hot climate and it showed. 

Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 09:06:59 AM

^^ Diyas was great, although Pera climb back and tie the game.

Sorry for Pera though, she just throw her upset of Kerber in the first round. She should have perform better against Diyas as this is winnable for her.

The now entertaining Nick Kyrgios is now playing against Humbert. Another upset as well as Hsieh trounces #8 Andreescu, in straight sets.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 12:34:01 PM

Serena cruised through without any trouble. She is as we'd expect amongst the favourites to win the tournament, but her recent gland slam performance is patchy - and particularly so in Australia. She's actually only made the final there 3 times in the last 10 years. If we add to this the fact that she's lost her last 4 GS finals, prior to which she was W23 L6, then it doesn't seem that likely that she'll win the whole tournament. Of course it's Serena and you can't ever rule her out, but still... results overall and particularly in Australia do suggest she might struggle.

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 01:39:49 PM

Hmm I wouldnt actually put her in the favourites group, I am looking at Barty and Osaka as the
top two followed closely by Halep, Muguruza and reigning champion Kennin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TravelMug

Merit: 833

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 01:48:59 AM

Hmm I wouldnt actually put her in the favourites group, I am looking at Barty and Osaka as the

But still we can't discount the fact that maybe Serena can pull off against this young generation of tennis players. So let's see how it goes or how far can she go in this tournament.

Pera lost against Diyas and she will be facing Muguruza next. Definitely a good match to watch and see if Diyas can continue his run in AO. Serena will go against Potapova, and I think Serena will win in three sets.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
vennali (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 10:17:43 AM

But still we can't discount the fact that maybe Serena can pull off against this young generation of tennis players. So let's see how it goes or how far can she go in this tournament.

Pera lost against Diyas and she will be facing Muguruza next. Definitely a good match to watch and see if Diyas can continue his run in AO. Serena will go against Potapova, and I think Serena will win in three sets.

Serena can still do it for sure. I think the current gen of players aren't as determined(few exceptions) as the old gen. Just hope her fitness can hold strong for the upcoming matches. Halep showed determination in her previous match against Ajla Tomljanovic where she was down a break in the final set and facing serves for the match and was able to turn it around.

vennali (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 08:54:31 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2021, 09:14:48 AM by vennali

Interesting match between the 2 Canadian young talents that are looking for a place in the next round. Shapovalov vs Auger-Aliassime. Shapo is fav as per the bookmakers but I think this has what it takes to go to 5 sets.
Edit: Halep takes the 1st set with ease 6-1. A lot more challenging in the 2nd set as Kudermetova seems a lot more positive and was up a break at a point.

cryptomaniac_xxx

Activity: 1498
Merit: 566

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 09:51:10 AM

Interesting match between the 2 Canadian young talents that are looking for a place in the next round. Shapovalov vs Auger-Aliassime. Shapo is fav as per the bookmakers but I think this has what it takes to go to 5 sets.
Edit: Halep takes the 1st set with ease 6-1. A lot more challenging in the 2nd set as Kudermetova seems a lot more positive and was up a break at a point.
Those two are still playing, with  Auger Aliassime taking the first set, been following  Auger Aliassime though I think he has a bright future. Second set is close at 5-5, it has the making of another 5 setter here, so I wouldn't be surprised. But I still go with  Auger Aliassime here and hope he can advance to the next round against his fellow Canadians.
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 09:56:19 AM

What happened to D. Schwartzman though? surprised to see him lost to Karatsev in 3 straight sets.

He has a good run ending the 2020 season, and it seems he has a bad start in AO.

Auger Aliassime vs Shapovalov currently is a good match to watch, Auger Aliassime leading the second set at 6-5 but Shapovalov is serving, might end in a time break for the second set.
vennali (OP)
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:18:27 AM

What happened to D. Schwartzman though? surprised to see him lost to Karatsev in 3 straight sets.

He has a good run ending the 2020 season, and it seems he has a bad start in AO.

Auger Aliassime vs Shapovalov currently is a good match to watch, Auger Aliassime leading the second set at 6-5 but Shapovalov is serving, might end in a time break for the second set.
Something wrong with Shapo today. Doesn't look like himself. He led 1st set and the 2nd set only to be broken back twice to lose the set. broken in the 3rd early as well. Way too many unforced errors. First serve win% of just 57 for Shapo while serving close to 50% of them in. He did go into the locker room and request for a doctor after first set. So, something might be wrong with him.

I couldnt watch Schwartzman's match but it is very odd to watch him lose in straight sets against Karatsev.

bct_ail
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 02:08:24 PM

What a game between Djokovic and Fritz.
The audience were beeing told to leave the stadium due to the new impending Melbourne lockdown.
7-6, 6-4, 3-6, 4-6, 6-2 in 3 hours and 25 minutes for Djokovic.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:15:46 PM

For sure it affects the players status and not only that as a normal professional athlete need practice almost every day so as far as I know they're not allow to leave the hotel room or simply go for a walk near it. If I was one of the players, I would've declined the invite as this is not a normal tourney to make and also not a normal tourney to let people bet on it ...a lot of surprises are happening and I think the winner will be a surprise too.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄