Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:21:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncovering the mystery of lost Bitcoins  (Read 340 times)
tbterryboy

Activity: 1946
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 03:58:41 PM

You keep repeating the same thing, forgotten passwords, forsaken coins and so on, seriously there is no difference between all these. People who mined Bitcoin before when it was still new and not so popular didn’t just forsake their bitcoins, the problem is that they have forgotten their passwords or lose the device where they stored or they don’t have their keys.

Like the story of a programmer who received a lot of Bitcoin for a work he did years and he left bitcoins because they were nothing to him, now the coins are worth millions and he can’t remember his passwords any longer, he just has only about seven tries left before he would be locked out finally from it.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:12:16 PM

Salute to these wallet hunters, if it wasn't for them, these lost 'bitcoins' would have been lost forever, I love the article and it seems to be an underrated one, most people often reply to nonsensical posts, and it's heavily true that most of the cases on losing one's wallet is through human error, though the OP may have missed some keypoints, I do think that it is helpful to newbies not to make the same mistakes listed above.

Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 04:41:11 AM

Salute to these wallet hunters, if it wasn't for them, these lost 'bitcoins' would have been lost forever, I love the article and it seems to be an underrated one, most people often reply to nonsensical posts, and it's heavily true that most of the cases on losing one's wallet is through human error, though the OP may have missed some keypoints, I do think that it is helpful to newbies not to make the same mistakes listed above.
This also makes bitcoin less valuable if I may say, the more there is in supply, the price will be lower. I am not saying that I am not happy for them recovering these but satoshi says so verbatim "lost coins should be thought of as donations". I think that modern hodlers and newbies alike will not make the same mistake as those that did in the past, they never knew that the value will be this big at that time, and the waiting game is not for everyone.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: