Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price had not crashed in 2018  (Read 673 times)
Bilgent

Activity: 518
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 11:59:33 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2021, 12:37:02 PM by Bilgent

If Bitcoin price had not crashed in 2018, I would become a millionaire right now.  Grin  I was holding a good amount of BTC and it was worth really great.  Grin  But the price crashed and I lost a great deal of my profits. After that, I decided to HODL for a long time and I made a really good profit. But this time, I decided to withdraw early as I was thinking that the price could crash again but it went the opposite way. I've been really unlucky and I hope that I could break my bad luck.  Grin

██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄       BYBIT │ reddit       ▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
   Sports & Derivatives Trading        Mobile App for iPhone & Android
   24/7 Customer Support        NFT Marketplace        Launchpad/Launchpool
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 647

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 04:30:18 PM

If Bitcoin price had not crashed in 2018, I would become a millionaire right now.  Grin  I was holding a good amount of BTC and it was worth really great.  Grin  But the price crashed and I lost a great deal of my profits. After that, I decided to HODL for a long time and I made a really good profit. But this time, I decided to withdraw early as I was thinking that the price could crash again but it went the opposite way. I've been really unlucky and I hope that I could break my bad luck.  Grin
If not even the price had dropped last 2018, I'm also doubtful if you were able to hold it until now. In fact, you do the sell earlier, and that means that you are one of those emotional holders.

One reason why we have sometimes to regret what we do in the past is that was a normal happening. We can't be perfect and having Bitcoin isn't a lifetime holding and that is sometimes we have to sell it.
If I didn't sell my Bitcoin and keep holding, I become a millionaire, maybe it's true but we forget to think what if the market still not moving this high?
Holding is not a guarantee that we become millionaires, it is just in time we have this new ATH and that is why we think about it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2021, 07:26:39 PM

If not even the price had dropped last 2018, I'm also doubtful if you were able to hold it until now. In fact, you do the sell earlier, and that means that you are one of those emotional holders.

One reason why we have sometimes to regret what we do in the past is that was a normal happening. We can't be perfect and having Bitcoin isn't a lifetime holding and that is sometimes we have to sell it.
If I didn't sell my Bitcoin and keep holding, I become a millionaire, maybe it's true but we forget to think what if the market still not moving this high?
Holding is not a guarantee that we become millionaires, it is just in time we have this new ATH and that is why we think about it.
Well, he's after the profit so we can't blame him for selling his bitcoins. I am just glad for those people who held back then that earned a profit in this bull run. Selling bitcoin at a right time is good for traders but intentionally selling it early to diversify it to other assets that could potentially give you a way better profit is way better if we are talking about getting profits. I myself had planned before the bull run started and one of them is selling a portion of my bitcoins at certain price points whenever bitcoin moves like it is on 2017-2018. As of now, I don't regret doing it actually.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 07:36:56 PM

At times the market simply looks like a gamble, because we aren't sure about the market as well as we can't have any perfect decision. If Bitcoin hasn't crashed by the time, now I would've stayed without much of loan repayment. Anyhow the bear market gave some big learning about the market.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████